Implementation plan for Decision No.1129/QD-TTg dated July 27, 2020 of Prime Minister approving project of developing night economy in Vietnam in Gia Lai provinceWednesday, May 31,2023
AsemconnectVietnam - Prioritizing economic growth, creating jobs and at the same time connecting community and social exchanges for the people of Gia Lai province, between people of Gia Lai province and foreigners, especially guests domestic and foreign tourism to Gia Lai province.
I. Purpose, requirements
1. Implement effectively the Prime Minister's Decision No. 1129/QD-TTg dated July 27, 2020, which clearly defines the responsibilities of each agency and unit and implementation progress for the project. Ensure the timely implementation of the Plan, synchronous implementation of solutions at all levels and branches in the province.
2. Prioritizing economic growth, creating jobs and at the same time connecting community and social exchanges for the people of Gia Lai province, between people of Gia Lai province and foreigners, especially guests domestic and foreign tourism to Gia Lai province.
3. Encourage the development of many new industries/activities, especially creative industries, tourism, retail, food and beverage,...
4. Create a driving force to promote the development of public services and optimize the use of public services.
5. To develop the service industry quickly, efficiently and sustainably, to ensure basic services for socio-economic development, towards the formation of a modern economic structure to ensure good exploitation of the services, resources for economic growth and economic restructuring.
6. Identify and effectively handle risks and negative consequences from night economic activities.
1. General objective:
Exploiting the potential of night-time economic development to make the most of new economic development opportunities, improving people's income and living standards; and at the same time limit risks and negative impacts on the work of ensuring political security and social order and safety.
2. Specific objectives:
- From 2022 to 2023: Organize and promote, call for businesses to invest and exploit the night economic service area in Pleiku city, focusing on Hoi Phu stream area.
- From 2024 to 2025: On the basis of evaluating the results of investment, exploitation, business activities and services for night economic development in Pleiku city, forming economic development zones at night in An Khe town, Ayun Pa town and Chu Se district and some convenient places in other localities.
- After 2025: Developing night economy in localities in the province.
III. Main tasks and solutions
Departments, branches and localities thoroughly understand, comply with and implement fully, clearly and consistently the viewpoints, goals and solutions for night economic development in Decision No. 1129/QD-TTg dated 27// July 2020 of the Prime Minister and implement the key tasks under this Plan with the following solutions:
1. Department of Planning and Investment
- Actively integrate the content of night economic development into the content of the provincial planning, in which, it is necessary to anticipate the areas, areas and routes to focus on developing the night economy, the central areas and satellites, the main types of night-time economic services to have a basis for future deployment (when converging conditions permit).
- Guide the implementation of policies to encourage and give incentives to enterprises and business households to participate in night economic activities through capacity building and creating favorable conditions for business establishments to access main financial sources.
- Guide localities, synthesize and advise competent authorities to approve the list of investment attraction projects in the area expected to develop night economy according to regulations.
2. Department of Finance: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with other departments, branches and localities in studying support policies and measures in order to create sources for additional costs related to night economic management.
3. Department of Industry and Trade
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with other departments, branches and localities in implementing appropriate trade and service policies to promote night-time economic development in the province, on the basis that it is not contrary to China's regulations.
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in, formulating and submitting to competent authorities documents amending, supplementing or promulgating new documents (according to their competence) on operation and management regulations, activities at night of various types of markets, supermarkets, commercial centers, convenience stores, general and specialized stores.
- Coordinate with agencies, units and localities to research and organize activities and events to stimulate nighttime shopping.
- Support, develop and diversify products and goods, focusing on encouraging groups of traditional products and OCOP products to serve tourists and people.
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned agencies and localities in, ensuring stable power supply in key areas of nighttime economic development.
4. Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities in, researching and proposing to develop and perfect specific entertainment and recreation products, activities and services suitable to their advantages and practical conditions, economy of the province of each night economic development area and the needs and tastes of tourists.
- Preside over, research and identify tours, routes, spots and resorts with an average stay of 3-4 days to be able to effectively exploit the products and services of the night economy.
- Support and create favorable conditions for units to organize activities, culture, art, entertainment and nightlife in the province, in the area of development of activities, business development services.
- Building and promoting beautiful and impressive images of the province's tourist destinations; strengthen the organization of tourism promotion conferences in the province, and at the same time organize tourism promotion activities in localities in the country; implementing tourism development links.
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with other departments, branches and localities in periodically organizing training and retraining for the contingent of officials, civil servants and public employees in the culture, tourism, commerce, service, security sectors, environment, market management.
5. Provincial Police
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with functional agencies in, ensuring security and order in service of the development of the night economy, and to limit the effects and harms of the development of the night economy on security.
- Set up hotlines for tourists and residents with timely information on issues of security and order, food hygiene and safety, environment,...
- Maintain and promote activities to ensure social order and safety, prevent and suppress crimes and law violations.
6. Department of Construction: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with localities in, proposing pilot development spots for night economy in the province. Plan of night-time economic development areas should be associated with infrastructure development (electricity, water, traffic,...), ensure environmental sanitation conditions, and limit the impact of noise pollution, domestic waste, etc. Propose a plan to relocate the population out of the night-time economic development concentration area (if any) in accordance with regulations, with specific planning on the living area of people after relocation, avoiding affecting people's daily life at night.
7. Department of Transport
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies and localities in, planning and proposing to improve the convenient transportation system, especially studying the expansion of routes and prolonging operation time of public transport in key locations suitable for night economic activities.
- Assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with relevant agencies and localities in, implementing solutions to enhance the application of the sharing economy in transport activities, paying special attention to the night time frame.
8. Department of Natural Resources and Environment: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies and localities in, implementing tasks to ensure environmental sanitation; minimize the impact caused by waste and noise from night economic activities affecting local people, especially the key locations of night economic development.
9. Department of Information and Communications
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in, implementing or advising provincial authorities to implement regulations on management, provision and use of internet services and online information in accordance with night economic activities in Gia Lai province in accordance with the law and guidance of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
- Guiding and directing the press agencies in the province and the information system, information base, propaganda to raise awareness about night economic development; communication on cultural behavior, issues of landscape and environment, food safety and environmental sanitation to develop night economy and services, tourism in general.
10. Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies and localities in, guiding and implementing regulations on policies, laws, labor laws, occupational safety and health, and social insurance; organize inspection and examination to protect the interests of workers working at night.
11. Provincial Statistics Office: Strengthening capacity for information, regular statistics and synthesis of data and data on night economic activities of the province to ensure data sharing among agencies and businesses to serve as the basis for strengthening management effectiveness in order to develop the night economy appropriately and effectively.
12. Provincial Department of Taxation: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant departments, agencies and units in studying tax incentive policies and mechanisms for night economic activities in order to propagate and guide organizations, agencies, units or propose competent authorities.
13. People's Committees of districts, towns and cities shall focus on the following tasks:
a. Pleiku City People's Committee: Coordinate with the Department of Construction, Department of Industry and Trade, Department of Planning and Investment, Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, relevant agencies to quickly plan and deploy construction develop a night economic development plan, in the immediate future choose a pilot location in Hoi Phu stream area to make a night market area right in 2022.
b. The remaining districts, towns and cities:
- Based on their state management functions to review and identify issues related to the night economy for implementation.
- To take initiative in human, material and financial resources for the development of the night economy, in which to strengthen human resources to manage, inspect and supervise security, social order, health care and environment work in areas of night economic development.
- Building night tourism products based on local cultural elements, creating accents according to local characteristics (selecting types of services, iconic locations to attract tourists).
- Complete infrastructure to ensure convenient connection to the tourist center area; increase technology application to improve service quality, quickly respond to customers' needs.
- Piloting to allow means of transport such as trams, horse-drawn carriages, cyclos, etc. to transport tourists, and to connect traffic between areas with many accommodation establishments and central areas with large number of accommodation facilities, products for tourists at night (night market, walking street, food court...).
- Actively register to supplement the list of investment attraction projects in the area where the night economy is expected to develop, and send it to the Department of Planning and Investment to summarize and report to the competent authorities for consideration and approval.
14. Other relevant departments, agencies and branches: coordinate in implementing the tasks according to the appendix attached to this Plan, ensuring the quality and schedule set out.
15. Gia Lai Newspaper, Gia Lai Radio and Television Station: Carrying out information and propaganda work to raise awareness about night-time economic development; communication on cultural behavior, issues of landscape and environment, food safety and environmental sanitation to develop night economy and services, tourism in general.
16. Gia Lai Provincial Tourism Association: Coordinate with Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism, People's Committees of districts, towns and cities to promote, communicate and advertise tourism activities and services Night schedule coming to domestic and international markets. Mobilize tourism service businesses to invest, organize night entertainment activities and services, and form night tourism products for tourists.
IV. Implementation organization
1. Departments, branches, People's Committees of districts, towns, cities and relevant units, based on their assigned functions and tasks, and instructions of central ministries and branches, strictly and effectively implement results of this plan; take responsibility before the Provincial People's Committee for implementation results.
2. Strictly observe the information and reporting regime as prescribed; every 6 months, once a year to report and evaluate the implementation situation and implementation results to the Department of Planning and Investment to summarize and report to the Provincial People's Committee (report 6 months before June 14; report for the year before December 14).
3. Assign the Department of Planning and Investment to assume the prime responsibility for, monitor, urge, inspect and supervise branches and localities in organizing the implementation of this Plan; periodically summarize the situation and report to the Provincial People's Committee; promptly propose solutions to problems and arising problems.
Source: Vitic/ thuvienphapluat.vn