AsemconnectVietnam - To improve effectiveness of managing and using public investment capital source, while increasing proportion of non-budgetary investment, out of which, paying special attention on promoting investment model in form of public - private partnership (PPP).
SCHEME ON RESTRUCTURING OF CONSTRUCTION SECTOR IN COMBINATION WITH GROWTH MODEL INNOVATION TOWARD IMPROVING QUALITY, EFFICIENCY AND COMPETITIVENESS IN A PERIOD 2015 - 2020
I. Objectives, viewpoints of construction sector restructuring
1. Overall objectives
Economic sector restructuring aims at meeting demand of socio-economic development, implementing industrialization and modernization of the country; improving labor productivity, quality, efficiency and competitiveness of key construction products. Striving to hit average growth rate of production value of wholly construction sector of 9% - 14%/year; some key products post breakthrough development, basically occupy the domestic market and gradually reach regional market and the world market.
2. Specific objectives to 2020.
2.1. Perfecting policies and mechanisms:
To complete institutional system and policies of the State management in fields of construction sector which are in consistent with socialist oriented market economy and tendency of international integration, building completed legal framework to boost types of markets of construction sector to develop stable, fair competition, equitable and transparent; promoting distribution and using effectively society's resources in fields, products of construction sector have competitive advantages.
2.2. Construction investment field:
- To build the most essential construction projects, ensuring quality, aesthetic with competitive price. Correcting basically situation of spread investment, losses, waste and corruption in construction investment, especially for projects using the State capital source; minimizing adjustment of total amount of investment capital, adjusting project schedule to ensure and raise efficiency of investment capital source.
- Field of construction consultant and installation is equal to qualification of countries in the region, out of which, several construction products are equal to qualification of developed countries in the world (construction of high-rise buildings, high speed street and large-capacity power factories...), an average annual growth rate of construction consultant of 10% and an average growth rate of construction installation of 8% - 12%.
- To improve effectiveness of managing and using public investment capital source, while increasing proportion of non-budgetary investment, out of which, paying special attention on promoting investment model in form of public - private partnership (PPP).
2.3. In field of urban development:
- To arrange rationally system of national urban; developing urban system sustainable, green, clean, nice, having synchronous technical infrastructure, social infrastructure; building several central urban at national level, regional level with modernity, growth and competitiveness on par with other countries in the region; building urban areas which have specific functions such as: heritage urban areas, tourism urban areas, science urban areas...
- Rate of urbanization of the wholly country reaches 40%; water supply rates reaches 90% for urban areas of grade IV or higher, posting 70% in urban areas of grade V; rate of collecting and treating living water waste hits 60% in urban areas of grade III or higher; rate of collecting and treating urban living solid waste hits 90%.
- To Organize to implement and adjust timely targets of urban development on basis of the Prime Minister’s Decision No.1659/QD-TTg dated November 7, 2012.
2.4. In field of housing and real estate market:
- To develop diversified housing types to meet basic demand of housing for the people, completing objectives of national strategy of housing development to 2020 with a vision to 2030. Striving to 2020, average housing area rate in the wholly country hits approximately 25m2/person, including about 29 m2/person in urban areas and about 22 m2/person in rural area; in a period of 2016 – 2020, area of social housing which are invested in newly constructing in urban areas hits about 12.5 million m2.
- Rate of solid housing in the wholly country hits about 70%, out of which, in urban areas reaching over 75% and hitting over 65% in rural areas; eradicating simple housing in the wholly country; increasing rate of households having sanitary rest room to 90%, out of which, the rate in urban areas reaches approximately 100% and in rural areas hit over 80%.
- Proportion of apartment building in housing development projects to total newly constructed housing area hits 90% in urban areas of special grade, over 60% in urban areas at grade I and grade II, over 40% in urban area at grade III; proportion of rental housing area to total housing area is at least 30% in urban centers at grade III or higher.
- To develop stably and firmly real estate market with fully-constituted and logical structure; overcoming dephasing of supply - demand, diversifying products and services to meet basic needs for housing and other types of real estate; real estate market operates effectively and become important markets, connecting and circulating with other markets in the economy. Striving to hit proportion of the State budget revenues from real estate to total the State budget revenues of 10 - 15%.
2.5. In field of construction materials, construction mechanic:
- Output of normal construction materials meet full of domestic demand and a part of the output for export. Quality of construction material products ensure national standards, several products meet regional and international standard. Production value, added value of field of producing construction materials maintain stable and sustainable growth with average growth rate of around 10%/year.
- Output of cement production reaches about 115 million tons/year, out of which, export cement volume account for about 15%; output of ashlars paving ceramic and ashlars paving stones hits about 570 million m2, out of which, export ashlars paving ceramic and ashlars paving stones volume make up about 25%; output of sanitary porcelain hits approximately 21 million products, out of which, export sanitary porcelain volume account for around 16%; brick output reaches 30 billion standard bricks, out of which, unfired material brick account for about 40%.
- To invest in producing high-grade materials having huge value which are used for construction projects having high technical requirements and high quality, restricting import, by 2020, decreasing about 50% - 60% of volume of import high grade construction material.
- To develop rapidly construction engineering products, especially non-standard mechanical products; increasing proportion of domestically manufactured mechanic in order to be active in operation, exploitation, repairing, replacement, supply of materials and spare parts.
- To raise level of consultancy, design and manufacturing to produce materials, equipment and spare parts for synchronous equipment line (cement production lines, unburned material production lines, ashlars paving ceramic production line, equipment of handling municipal solid waste ...).
2.6. Construction enterprises
To complete restructuring of State-owned enterprises under approved schemes; forming several huge enterprises in construction sector having modern management skills, advanced technology, capital potential, competitiveness at regional level; small and medium sized enterprises are classified, restructured towards high specialization. Construction enterprises of the sector have full of capacity to expand, look toward to occupy and dominate domestic construction market.
3. Viewpoints of restructuring of construction sector
Firstly, restructuring of construction sector is apart of overall plan of restructuring of national economy, in line with strategy and plan of socio economic development of the wholly country; linking to objectives and tasks of socio-economic development of construction sector in order to constantly improve capacity, operational efficiency and competitiveness, ensuring sustainable development of fields of construction sector.
Secondly, clearly defining roles and functions of the State and market, overcoming thinking of “Statization” as well as thinking of "marketization" overly in management of development investment. Out of which, the State play a role of orienting and keep rhythm for development of market, on one hand, building a complete legal framework, creating an open, favorable investment environment to mobilize maximum all of resources for development investment; at the same time, strengthening the State’s management and regulation on all types of market development to stabilize markets, taking markets as a means to achieve objectives of socialism, aiming to serve the people, especially the poor and social policy beneficiaries.
Thirdly, innovating development management thinking developed under principles of construction, development of urban area, housing and real estate market must comply with plan and overcoming situation of spread, spontaneous, movement investment leading to hanging projects.
Fourthly, to implement restructuring of construction sector under appropriate roadmap, giving priority to sectors, products having high growth rate and high competitive advantage, gradually dominating domestic market and at the same time, actively participating international integration.
Fifthly, to combine harmoniously solving urgent problems with handling basic, long-term problems; between economic development with implementation of social welfare policies, ensuring progress and social justice, especially housing sector; aiming at sustainable development.
Sixthly, associating construction sector restructuring with accelerating administrative reform and reasonable assignment and devolvement, ensuring uniform management and smooth direction from the central to local levels, promoting initiative and creativity of localities.
Seventhly, strongly promoting active role of organizations and enterprises in restructuring of construction sector by themselves; encouraging and attracting active participation of the people and economic sectors in field of production of construction products and urban services.
II. Orientation of key fields and products restructuring of construction sector
1. Field of construction consultancy
- To create breakthrough developments in field of construction consultancy such as viewpoints, making manner, model of development, management skills, ability of applying science and technology, understanding of legal environment; ensuring fair competition, fairness and transparency among organizations that provide consultancy services, including domestic and foreign consultancy.
- To renovate thinking and improve quality of construction planning consultancy. Planning projects must have long-term vision, calculating resources for implementation; plans actually go ahead and have high feasibility, as basis for setting up investment plan and managing implementation of construction investment projects.
- To form a team of skilled consultants, having full of ability of designing, supervising and managing civil projects of 40 storey, public projects, projects of large-scale, technical complexity infrastructure; engaging in field of nuclear power consultancy, renewable energy; participating in EPC projects in fields of transportation, electric power, irrigation and other industrial projects.
- To develop model of professionally organizing project management consultancy, having ability of integrated management of projects, including economic, technique, environment, society, market and legal provision which relates to construction investment.
- To adopt and master software, modern and advanced equipment and technology and technique in construction surveying, construction design, construction management and construction economics, testing and accrediting quality of construction.
2. Construction installation field
- To enhance capacity of organizing, managing construction installation towards high profession and specialization, mastering advanced and modern construction technology to take on construction of large-scale and complicated projects, requiring advanced construction techniques such as housing and civil projects of over 40-storey; public projects with huge span (sport palace, gymnasiums, stadiums); inshore and offshore projects; high tower projects... Acquiring technology construction of nuclear power plant projects, urban underground projects with a depth of 30 m.
- To promote research, application of project structure using new, high strength materials, promoting industrialization in construction installation to improve construction quality, shorten construction installation time, lowering costs of products.
- To strengthen intensive force on construction, EPC projects of electrical energy, transport and irrigation.
- To raise capacity for management staff, professional staff and technical workers; guaranteeing rate of trained construction workers of over 50%; developing skilled management staff, technical experts, skilled workers to meet requirements of constructing modern, large-scale, high complex projects.
3. Field of urban development
- To classify and organize reasonably national urban networks under orientation of overall plan on development of Vietnam's urban system to 2025, vision to 2050 and programs of national urban development in a period of 2012 - 2020, reviewing, updating and supplementing to ensure conformity with requirements of socio-economic development of each locality and the wholly country in each period.
- To strictly control process of urban development investment under plans, especially management of new urban development and urban development areas, ensuring synchronization of infrastructure system (transport, water supply, sewerage, waste treatment, electricity, urban lighting...) and social infrastructure, effectively exploiting and using economically social resources, especially land resources; solving harmoniously relationship between economic development with ensuring national defense - security, environmental protection and preservation of national cultural identity, looking towards sustainable development.
- To innovate thinking of upgrading, improving urban kind towards discouraging scale expansion, focusing on improving quality, consistency and competitiveness of urban areas, focusing on promoting role, characteristic value of each urban area such as economic development dynamic urban areas at national and regional level, heritage urban areas, ecology urban area, urban tourism, science urban area...
- Restructuring of construction investment and development of system of urban infrastructure projects (production and supply of clean water, sewerage and wastewater treatment, solid waste treatment, cemetery services, urban lighting ...) towards selecting suitable technologies and equipment for socio-economic conditions of Vietnam and each localities, out of which, giving priority to select advanced, modern, material and fuel saving, friendly environmental equipment and technology.
- To develop mechanisms and policies to attract resources for investment in development of technical infrastructure system, urban services, especially non-State resources; exploiting and using rationally capital source of official development assistance (ODA) and preferential loans in field of urban development.
4. Scope of housing and real estate market
- To strengthen the State’s role of management and control over real estate market on principle: the State implement management of real estate market through legal tools, actively regulating market as a representative of land owners through control of primary land use rights market and promulgating flexibly credit policies, taxation, fiscal policies.
- To implement restructuring of real estate products toward developing diversified real estate commodities, especially residential real estate to suit needs of real estate market. Regulating types of housing structure, diversifying real estate products from stages of plan, project approval to ensure supply – demand balanced development of real estate market and have payment ability. Promoting development of social housing and commercial housing with small area, low price, adjusting reasonably premium commercial housing supply; promoting development of rental housing.
- To continue to review projects of real estate trading nationwide, classifying implemented continuing projects, temporarily paused projects and projects needed to be adjusted structure to suit with structure of market demand in accordance with development plan of each type of real estate in each locality. Researching, tackling situation of new unfinished areas especially in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
- Development of housing must be synchronized with construction of social infrastructure, ensuring safe, comfortable and meet requirements of construction quality, architecture, landscape and environment; having full of capable of coping with climate change, natural disasters, using energy saving; having suitable prices which match affordability of majority of subjects in society.
- The State should promulgate preferential policies to encourage all economic sectors to participate in developing social housing for sale, lease, lease and purchase in order to improve housing for social policy beneficiaries, staffs, civil servants, armed forces, low-income people through various forms of support on land, finance, tax and credit incentives.
- To establish and facilitate non-bank financial institutions such as real estate investment funds, real estate trust fund... developed in order to attract capital source to real estate market. Adjusting credit, fiscal policies to facilitate medium-term and long-term capital for market actors; perfecting tax policy, fees and charges to encourage efficient use of real estate, publicly trading, limit speculation and tax evasion.
- To perfect structure, organization, raising capacity and profession of the participants of real estate market. Expanding scope of activities of real estate trading for foreign organizations, individuals, oversea Vietnamese residing in foreign countries in order to attract foreign investment resources.
- To develop system of united, reliable information, forecast on real estate markets which will be basis for making policy and managing market effectively; implementing information supply, ensuring that real estate market will operate public and transparency.
5. Field of construction materials
- Development of construction materials must comply with plan, ensuring supply and demand balance on basis of sticking closely on demand of domestic market and export, maintaining stability of cement market and kinds of key construction materials; strengthening management, exploitation and effective use of mineral resources for construction materials.
- To adjust structure of construction material commodity in direction: for key construction materials, it must produce enough to meet domestic demand and arrange a part for export, out of which, boosting export of products having competitive advantages such as: ashlars paving ceramic tiles, natural ashlars paving stone, sanitary porcelain, flat glass, industrial lime; for advanced finishing materials, increasing domestic production, reducing imports. Promoting development of non-baked construction materials. Giving priority to development of local materials, existing materials to promote advantages of localities and regions, reducing transportation costs.
- To prioritize investment in new, advanced technologies and modern equipment to produce advanced finishing construction material products with superior features, high technological content, huge economic efficiency to serve domestic consumption, replacing imports and looking towards export to foreign countries.
- Restructuring of investment in units of producing construction materials towards increasing scale of production under market demand, forming units of processing materials, areas of producing construction materials concentrated, large scale, modern technology, high added value.
- To apply norm of energy consumption, raw materials, implementing application of new materials technologies, nano materials being used for construction sector and treating environmental pollution (waste water treatment, solid waste, waste recycling, green technology, ...) in construction material products with the Prime Minister’s Decision No.1469/QD-TTg dated August 22, 2014 on approving Vietnam’s master plan on developing construction materials to 2020 and orientations to 2030.
- To gradually modernize production technology towards clean, green, raw materials and fuel saving, less energy consuming production, combining with improving quality and reducing environmental pollution; promoting use of waste as raw materials and fuel for producing types of construction materials.
6. Construction mechanical field
- To implement Vietnam’s strategy of development of mechanical sector to 2010 and vision to 2020 which was approved by the Prime Minister’s Decision No.186/2002/QD-TTg dated December 26, 2002.
- Restructuring of construction engineering enterprises is in direction of improving level of technology, equipment capacity and manpower to master all of stages of designing, manufacturing and assembling some machinery and equipment to meet construction installation requirements in Vietnam. Improving and modernizing synchronous equipment system for line of production of construction materials in order to improve quality and reduce product cost.
- To develop policies to invest in enhancing quality of domestic manufactured equipment, increasing localization rate of cement production equipment lines and some equipment of thermal and hydropower power plants. Encouraging to research, design and manufacture unburned material production equipments, equipment of handling municipal solid waste, treatment equipment, using ash, slag, gypsum from industrial production to produce construction materials, looking towards clean and sustainable production.
7. Restructuring of enterprises of construction sector
- To accelerate equitization of state-owned enterprises in construction sector in direction that the State does not need to hold controlling stakes in companies as stipulated in the Prime Minister’s Decision No 37/2014/QD-TTg dated April 18, 2014 on issuing criteria, list of classification of the State-owned enterprises. Renovating, developing and looking toward to full application of modern governance framework, ensuring that enterprises operates under market economy mechanism and fair competition.
- To continue to promote restructuring of enterprises of all non State-owned economic sectors, encouraging formation and development of non-State enterprises having strong potential, capable of competing on domestic and foreign markets.
- To form large-scale, multidisciplinary enterprises with synergy, having full of capacity to be a general contractor of housing projects, commercial, industrial, transportation, irrigation projects with large-scale, technical complexity.
- To sort, restructure small and medium sized enterprises towards high specialization to enhance capacity and competitiveness; developing network of firms specializing in providing elements of construction products (specializing in providing manpower, machinery, equipment, materials, technology solutions, management models ...) to enhancing profession and effectiveness of management.
- To research and select appropriate models to apply into enterprises of providing public services such as water supply, sewerage, solid waste treatment, cemetery services to ensure conformity with actual conditions of Vietnam.
- To research, review and draw up plans to streamline and renew non-profit enterprises in construction sector (schools, institutions, centers...) in direction of socialization and gradual equitization in order to reduce burden on the State budget for operation of non-profit enterprises of construction sectors.
III. Major solutions
1. To renew and improve institutional system, policy and promote reform of administrative procedures to meet requirements of development of fields in construction sector: Specifically:
- To continue to improve system of legal documents under management fields of construction sector which suite socialist oriented market economy and trend of international integration;
- To issue mechanisms and policies of encouraging development of key products, fields of construction sectors; out of which, focusing on giving priorities to establish financial institutions to attract funds for real estate market and create an open, favorable investment environment to mobilize all resources for development investment and at the same time, creating conditions for construction sector to develop kinds of market stable, fair competition, fair and transparent.
- To step up administrative reforms, especially administrative procedures in construction investment management and the State management of construction sector;
- To study, modify, supplement, promulgate timely system of standards, regulations, system of norms of economic technique, system of tools of managing construction investment to ensure quality improvement, creating transparent competitive environment, using effectively natural resources.
- To promote monitoring, inspection, guidance, communication, dissemination and education of legal documents on construction sector and information of the State management field of construction sector;
2. Improving quality of plan building and organizing to implement construction plans, plans, strategies of development of fields, major products. Specifically:
- To continue to innovate and improve quality of construction plans, ensuring that plans must go ahead with long-term vision, calculating resources for implementation in each stages.
- To review, adjust and supplement regional plans, general plans nationwide, accelerating coverage pace of detailed plans, zone plans, rural construction plans.
- To increase control of urban development under plans, reviewing and adjusting projects and restructuring of real estate products, strictly controlling development of new urban areas in Hanoi capital city, Ho Chi Minh City and other localities, ensuring that urban areas area built synchronously, having full of complete system of technical infrastructure, social infrastructure.
- To review, improve and enhance quality of projects, planning schemes, ensuring that approved plans of fields, will be in accordance with master plan of socio-economic development, plans of fields and objective demands of society, market, out of which, focusing on giving priority to contents: reviewing and improving plans of using social housing fund, having priority, incentive mechanisms on housing for social policy beneficiaries; planning to develop system of units of producing key construction materials, avoiding waste in development investment, exploiting and using maximum capacity of existing facilities; setting up plan of engineering development to support development of economic sectors.
- To strengthen coordination and cooperation among ministries, agencies and localities in preparing management and implementing strategies, plans, addressing situation of suspended plans, suspended projects.
- To periodically review, adjust and supplement development strategies, plans for key fields, key products of construction sector which are in line with restructuring orientation.
- To strengthen inspection and monitoring implementation of strategies, plans to ensure transparency and enhancing feasibility of the strategies and plans.
3. Reforming and improving effectiveness of managing and using public investment funds. Specifically:
- To perfect structure of organizing the State management bodies at all levels. Renovating model of organizing management of construction investment projects, developing urban areas in a professional manner through application of model of professional project management board, zone project management board.
- To focus on effectively managing key projects assigned by the Government, programs and projects of key fields, key projects of construction sector using the State budget capital source (on basis of approved plans, strategies);
- To improve transparency and accountability in management and use of public investment funds. There are specific plans to balance resources for development investment in each sector and each product. Prioritizing public investment for fields, products having low ability of capital recovery or can not mobilize from other sources to serve urgent and essential demand to ensure social welfare and improve living conditions of the people.
- To improve efficiency of using official development assistance (ODA) and preferential loans for urban zone, urban infrastructure development projects.
- To improve quality of inspection, supervision and managing effectively inter-regional, national, provincial investment projects, projects having complex technical requirements;
- To control, manage and use effectively investment capital of the State in the State-owned enterprises under construction sector.
4. Encouraging and attracting non-State budget investment capital. Specifically:
- To promote socialization of development investment in key sectors, key products of construction sector, especially, promoting implementation of form of public-private partnership (PPP) to create a breakthrough in mobilizing funds;
- To focusing on selecting priority fields, projects to implement pilot, out of which, encouraging projects in field of urban infrastructure (such as water supply, sewerage, solid waste.. ), social housing;
- To instruct localities to build, supply adequate information on list of investment projects under form of PPP to promote investment and related policies.
- To consolidate investment management organizations in form of PPP in construction sector.
5. Speeding up process of restructuring and equitization of the State owned enterprises in construction sector
- To renovate, restructure enterprises of the whole construction sector toward building key products and services with high specialization. Looking towards improving competitiveness and building professionally managed enterprises to access and integrate into international community.
- To focus on completing equitization of the State owned corporations under Ministry of Construction according to plans which have already approved by the Prime Minister.
- To focus on reviewing and removing difficulties and obstacles and organizing to implement effectively incentive mechanisms and policies for enterprises especially in the fields of investing in construction and development of social housing; To coordinate with related ministries and agencies to continue to study and propose mechanisms and policies to encourage development of production and business, creating favorable conditions for enterprises to access capital source for promoting production and business, investment and development.
- To strengthen management, monitoring and inspection of operations, financial condition, results of production and business, solving inventory, handling bad debt, withdrawing investment capital from non-core business fields of enterprises to ensure that their operation will be right at assigned objectives and tasks.
- To focus on staff task, strengthening leadership staff and improve capacity of corporate governance. Continuing to study and complete model of organizing to implement function of owner representatives; strengthening the Party's leadership for the State owned enterprises. Raising management capacity of owned agencies, qualification of management personnel and officials of the State owned enterprises.
6. Renewing training and developing human resources. Specifically:
- To review, supplement, adjust and organize to implement effectively plan on human resource development of construction sector in a period 2011 - 2020 which was approved in Decision No. 838/QD-BXD dated September 13, 2012.
- To focus on training, retraining and building capacity for officials, servants and civil servants of construction sector under Decision No. 1961/QD-TTg dated October 25, 2014 which approved scheme of "training, retraining and raising capacity of managing and developing urban areas for leadership public servants, urban profession public servants at all levels in a period of 2015 - 2020 ";
- To promote advanced training, retraining, extending forms of training high quality human resources for construction sector (civil servants, managers, engineers, high skilled workers, workers...) to meet requirements of supplying human resources for key, large-scale, complex technology projects, requiring high construction technology (underground works, marine works, nuclear power plant...). Applying of public recruitment regimes through examinations.
- To boost investment; implementing socialization; finalizing incentive, encouragement, supporting policies on training and developing human resource of construction sector.
- To develop salary mechanisms and incentive modes for workers of construction sector to suit with specific working conditions of construction sector and to be in line with market.
7. Promoting application of science and technology, international cooperation. Specifically:
- To develop, promulgate mechanisms of encouraging study and application of new, modern and advanced technologies in construction and installation, construction consultancy, construction plan, construction material production to meet requirements of sustainability, aesthetics, reducing construction material product cost, environmental protection, energy saving using, coping with climate change and sea level rise.
- To manage, link closely, improve application of science and technology activities with practice of production and management of construction sector; researching and gradually acquire and master advanced technology (technology of construction and installation of underground works, technology of producing unburned brick, technology of solid waste treatment, nuclear power plants, other complex projects...); developing, improving and modernizing technology in fields of engineering, construction material production, traditional technology in order to enhance productivity, quality of products and goods and improve competitiveness of construction enterprises.
- To research, cooperate with developed countries in adopting and mastering modern technology and techniques of science of construction management and construction economic. Applying project information model of BIM (Building - Information - Modeling), applying software of virtual design and construction of VDC (virtual - design - construction).
- To direct and encourage investment in renewal of science and technology in construction enterprises.
- To strengthen cooperation and actively participating in international integration; preparing necessary conditions and resources to participate effectively in international integration under direction of the Government; promoting cooperation and exchange of information, sharing experiences with foreign partners in management and development of fields of construction sectors.
8. To perform construction and management of information database system of each field and each product in a direction of openness and transparency.
- To build model of managing database information system of the whole construction sector to ensure full consistency and enough reliability. Building a system of information and forecast of supply - demand on human resource of construction sector, construction materials, housing, real estate market ... from the central level to local levels as a basis for promulgating decision, managing construction market, real estate market.
- To implement to provide information and manage information of the participants in construction activities, construction market, real estate market to ensure publicity, transparency, healthy, profession.
- To develop and improve system of indicators, encryption, application software system to manage key database system of construction sector on: general resource of construction sector; human resources of construction sector; enterprises of construction sector (including consultancy, installation, production of construction materials...); products, science and technology products, products of new technology applications in construction sector; market price (materials, labor and installation machines); housing, residential land, real estate market; standards, regulations, system of economic - technical norms...
IV. Organizing to implement
1. Ministry of Construction
- Shall function as the main implementer, in collaboration with ministries, agencies and localities to implement the scheme. Establishing Steering Committee on restructuring of construction sector which is chaired by Minister of Construction to direct and implement coordination, monitor and control process of implementing the scheme.
- To direct to implement scheme of restructuring of fields, enterprises which have been approved by the Prime Minister. Directing to build, approve, inspect, monitor and supervise implementation of scheme of restructuring of fields, products, corporations, the State owned enterprises which were decided to establish by Ministry of Industry. Synthesizing to grasp situation of restructuring of construction enterprises nationwide.
- To actively collaborate with Ministry of Planning and Investment, ministries, fields and localities to mobilize resources for implementation of objectives of the scheme.
- To synthesize and evaluate annually implementation situation, regularly and actively researching and proposing mechanisms and policies which need to be amended and supplemented, for all of key fields, products related to construction sector in process of implementation.
2. Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Shall function as the main implementer, in collaboration with Ministry of Construction and related agencies to allocate capital to meet development demands of key fields and products of construction sector, especially capital source for programs to meet urgent demand of serving socio economic development such as social housing development, building technical infrastructure, social infrastructure in urban and rural areas, counterpart capital for ODA project, the State’s capital for participating in investment projects in form of public-private partnership PPP.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Construction to complete mechanisms and policies which are related to management of construction investment, ensuring uniformity and transparency to avoid duplication.
- To research, amend and supplement mechanisms and policies to attract investment capital from non State owned economic sectors for investing in urban development, water supply, sewerage, solid waste, housing and market real estate, construction materials...
3. Ministry of Finance
- To coordinate with Ministry of Construction on studying, proposing to promulgate financial mechanisms and policies to serve implementation of the schemes.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Construction to amend and supplement mechanisms and policies which are related to guarantees, insurance of construction projects.
4. The State Bank of Vietnam.
- To direct credit institutions to lend money to key programs and projects, projects of social housing development to be in line with policy of the Government, decisions of the Prime Minister in each period.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Construction and local authorities to review credit mechanisms and policies to support construction sector to implement the scheme.
5. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Shall functions as the main implementer, in collaboration with Ministry of Construction and local authorities to review and strictly control use of land for urban and rural development under approved construction plans and urban development plans.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Construction in process of constructing urban and rural development plans, construction material plans in process of construction of investment projects.
- Shall function as the main implementer to guide localities to establish centers of land fund development in order to create land fund to serve development of urban area, housing and construction of resettlement areas.
6. Ministry of Science and Technology
- Shall functions as the main implementer, in collaboration with Ministry of Construction and related agencies to organize to review and adjust mechanisms and policies which are related to strengthen capacity of research, application and transfer of technology and technical progress, socializing resources for science and technology, supporting Ministry of Construction to implement the scheme.
- In collaboration with Ministry of Construction in process of researching, amending and supplementing timely technical standards, regulations of fields of construction sector. Appraising and publishing national technical standards on using energy economically and effectively for products of construction sector.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Construction in organizing experimental research, application of new technologies, software into management and production of construction sector.
7. Ministry of Industry and Trade
To coordinate with Ministry of Construction to research and propose strategies and policies of developing fields of construction materials, construction products, implementing measures of promoting export and import management for commodities which are construction material and construction products.
8. Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Information and Communications and other ministries have activities which are related to fields and products of construction sector
Basing on functions, duties and powers as prescribed by law, they are responsible for closely coordinating with Ministry of Construction in implementing the scheme.
9. The People's Committees of centrally run provinces and cities
- Pursuant to content of the scheme, organizing to review, adjust and supplement strategy, development plans, construction plans, urban plans, plans of key fields, key products of construction sector of localities and setting up plan to implement.
- To study and set up mechanisms and policies to encourage investment in fields, products of construction sector which are suitable with potential, advantages and demand of localities; prioritizing to support urban development, urban infrastructure, social housing, construction material products.
- To manage and monitor quality and efficiency of construction investment projects in the province.