Plan on implementing national environmental protection strategy to 2030 with a vision to 2050 in Binh Thuan provinceThursday, June 29,2023
AsemconnectVietnam - Vision to 2050, contributing to ensuring Vietnamese environment of good quality, ensuring people's right to live in a clean and safe environment; biodiversity is preserved, conserved and ecological balance is ensured; proactively respond to climate change; A society in harmony with nature, a circular economy, a green and low-carbon economy is formed and developed, towards goal of being carbon neutral by 2050
I. Viewpoints, vision
Strictly comply with the views set out in Decision No. 450/QD-TTg dated April 13, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving the National Strategy for Environmental Protection to 2030, with a Vision to 2050. Environment is the responsibility of the whole political system, of the whole society; environmental protection should be at the center of development decisions; Economic development must be in harmony with nature, respect the laws of nature, and not trade the environment for economic growth. Protecting the environment must take the protection of people's health as a top goal.
Vision to 2050, contributing to ensuring Vietnamese environment of good quality, ensuring people's right to live in a clean and safe environment; biodiversity is preserved, conserved and ecological balance is ensured; proactively respond to climate change; A society in harmony with nature, a circular economy, a green and low-carbon economy is formed and developed, towards goal of being carbon neutral by 2050.
1. Overall goal
Prevent the trend of increasing pollution and environmental degradation; solve urgent environmental problems; step by step improve and restore environmental quality; prevent the loss of biodiversity; contribute to improving capacity to actively respond to climate change; ensure environmental security, build and develop models of circular economy, green economy, low carbon, striving to achieve the country's 2030 sustainable development goals.
2. Specific goals
- The adverse effects causing environmental pollution, degradation, environmental incidents are proactively prevented and controlled;
- Key and urgent environmental issues are basically solved, environmental quality is gradually improved and restored;
- Strengthening the protection of natural heritages, restoring ecosystems; prevent the trend of biodiversity loss;
- Contribute to improving capacity to adapt to climate change and promote mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions.
3. Specific targets and implementation roadmap are summarized in Appendix I attached.
III. Tasks performed
1. Actively prevent, control and prevent adverse impacts on the environment and environmental incidents
a) Economic development in the direction of ecology, circularity, green growth, promoting sustainable production and consumption
- Continue to accelerate the transformation to a growth model based on increased productivity, scientific and technological progress, innovation, and efficient use of resources, towards achieving the dual goal of economic growth while reducing pollution and environmental degradation.
- Actively and strictly control the industrialization process in an environmentally friendly direction. Greening industrial production industries and promoting the development of green industries, high-tech industries and ecological industrial parks. Encourage the use of environmentally friendly materials, fuels and materials.
- Promote the development of ecological agriculture, high-tech application agriculture, organic agriculture; increasing reuse of agricultural by-products; limit the use of inorganic fertilizers, chemical pesticides and antibiotics in cultivation, animal husbandry and aquaculture.
- To carry out sustainable urbanization, develop urban areas in association with the development of technical infrastructure for environmental protection; focus on developing green spaces, green buildings, ecological cities, smart cities, and climate change resilience.
- To step up the implementation of environmental protection contents in the National Target Program on new rural construction; pollution control, development of models of residential areas, roads ... models, building green - clean - beautiful environmental landscapes; maintain and improve the quality of the rural environment.
- Integrating and implementing circular economy and green economic models in socio-economic development master plans, plans, programs, schemes and projects. Implement the National Action Program on sustainable production and consumption for the period of 2021 - 2030 according to Decision No. 889/QD-TTg dated June 24, 2020 of the Prime Minister; Decision No. 2091/QD-UBND dated August 28, 2020 of the Provincial People's Committee approving the Action Plan to implement the National Action Program on sustainable production and consumption in the 2021 - 2030 period in Binh Thuan Province.
b) Implement environmental zoning, improve the efficiency of strategic environmental assessment, environmental impact assessment, management based on environmental permits
- Implement environmental zoning with appropriate orientations for socio-economic development activities; establish mechanisms to control and prevent development activities that cause harm to the environment in each region, paying special attention to strictly protected areas and restricted emission zones.
- Streaming new investment projects according to the degree of impact on the environment right from the approval of the investment policy to control throughout the operation life cycle; special attention is paid to project groups with high risk of adverse environmental impacts.
- Control environmental pollution from production, business and service establishments through environmental permits based on the results of environmental impact assessment, environmental load capacity and environmental technical regulations.
c) Actively control establishments with high risk of causing environmental pollution; prevent adverse effects on the environment
- Classification of production, business and service establishments according to the level of risk of causing environmental pollution; focus on strictly controlling groups of establishments with high risk of causing environmental pollution and with large discharge volumes. Implement the roadmap for applying the best available technology (BAT) to the types of production, business and services that are likely to cause environmental pollution.
- Develop and implement according to the roadmap solutions to ensure an environmental safe distance for residential areas from production, business, service establishments, warehouses containing flammable and explosive substances, radioactive, toxic, potentially harmful to human health, polluting water sources.
- Strictly control persistent organic pollutants (POPs) and persistent hazardous substances (PTS).
- Completely handle establishments causing serious environmental pollution according to Decision No. 1788/QD-TTg dated October 1, 2013 of the Prime Minister approving the Plan to thoroughly deal with establishments causing environmental pollution.
d) Actively prevent and respond to environmental incidents, control inter-provincial environmental issues
- Making and implementing plans to respond to environmental incidents at all levels and at establishments at risk of environmental incidents; focus on organizing training and rehearsals to respond to environmental incidents.
- Implement the 4 on-the-spot motto (on-the-spot command, on-site forces, on-site vehicles and supplies, on-the-spot logistics), unification, close coordination, information disclosure and mobilization of participation, community involvement in environmental incident response.
- Actively proactively prevent and respond to marine and island environmental incidents, toxic chemical incidents, oil spills at sea and in rivers; strengthen the management of chemical and radiation safety.
- Strengthening measures to prevent illegal import of waste in the form of scrap, import of old and outdated technologies, which consume a lot of raw materials, materials and energy, causing environmental pollution.
- Observe, monitor, proactively prevent and respond to incidents of air pollution, sea water environment, inter-provincial rivers, and radiation safety incidents.
2. Solve key and urgent environmental issues; overcome environmental pollution and degradation; maintain and improve the quality and hygiene of the environment
a) Strengthen pollution control, maintain and improve air quality in urban areas
- Prepare and implement provincial air quality management plan, paying special attention to hot spots of air pollution.
- Accelerate the construction of the public transport system, mass passenger transport (MRT), limit the increase of private means of transport in urban areas. Strengthen construction, expand the area of parks and trees, reduce noise pollution in urban areas and residential areas.
- Strengthening emission control for motor vehicles; Promote the use of non-motorized, environmentally friendly means of transport (bicycles, electric vehicles, vehicles using clean fuels, renewable energy).
- Implement the application of national technical standards and regulations on emissions of road motor vehicles; implement a roadmap for converting and eliminating fossil fuel-using vehicles and means of transport causing environmental pollution; gradually raise fuel consumption standards.
- Control and prevent violations in management, perfect standards to improve petrol and oil quality, focusing on diesel standards; develop and widely apply biofuels, clean and environmentally friendly fuels.
- Control and prevent dust pollution from urban construction works. Develop a roadmap towards eliminating the use of coal stoves in daily life in urban areas. Implement and apply regulations and standards on indoor air environment protection.
- Strengthen control of industrial facilities with large emissions sources such as thermal power, cement, steel, chemicals...; encouraging the application of clean technology, economical and efficient use of raw materials, fuel and energy.
b) Strengthening solid and hazardous waste management
- Promote the development and application of circular economy models throughout the product life cycle from design, production, distribution, consumption to waste management; develop and implement an action plan on circular economy.
- To focus on investing in domestic solid waste management in urban areas. Implement separation at source and charge according to the amount of solid waste generated to promote reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Enhance the reduction, collection, reuse and recycling of solid waste through the development and application of sharing economic models, digital-based business, and rental services.
- Increase investment, modernize collection equipment and system of transfer stations in urban areas, expand the network of solid waste collection services in rural areas.
- Organize the effective and efficient implementation of regulations on responsibilities of manufacturers and importers in product recall and recycling (EPR).
- Promote strong development of the recycling industry; encouraging investment and building recycling facilities with modern technology; limit manual recycling facilities, small-scale, polluting the environment.
- Promote the application of modern, environmentally friendly technologies, co-treatment, treatment combined with energy recovery for concentrated solid waste treatment facilities; make an environmental protection deposit for waste burial, step by step limit the direct burial of daily-life solid waste.
- Enhance the reduction, reuse, recycling, collection and treatment of plastic waste. From after 2025, do not circulate and use single-use plastic products, non-biodegradable plastic packaging in commercial centers, supermarkets, hotels and tourist areas; after 2030, stop the production and import of single-use plastic products, non-biodegradable plastic packaging and products and goods containing microplastics; promote the development of environmentally friendly products and materials to replace. Effectively implement the Project on strengthening the management of plastic waste in Vietnam according to the Prime Minister's Decision No. 1316/QD-TTg dated July 22, 2021; Plan No. 3720/KH-UBND dated October 6, 2021 of the Provincial People's Committee on strengthening the management of plastic waste in Binh Thuan province.
- Increase reuse and recycling of construction solid waste and ordinary industrial solid wastes to meet environmental regulations and technical requirements; reduce post-harvest losses in agriculture, reduce, reuse and recycle food waste.
- Continue to promote hazardous waste management in industrial, agricultural and medical production; effectively prevent the illegal dumping of hazardous waste. To step by step classify, collect and treat hazardous waste in daily-life solid waste; focus on e-waste management.
c) Strengthening wastewater treatment, promoting control, management and protection of water environment and river basins
- Formulate and implement a plan on surface water quality management for rivers and lakes; focus on environmental protection of river basins, especially the basins of La Nga, Gieng, Dinh, Ca Ty and Luy rivers.
- Increase investment in domestic wastewater collection and treatment systems in combination with renovating and restoring lakes, ponds and canals. Implement projects on wastewater treatment, restoration of severely polluted river sections, canals and canals.
- To step up the treatment of wastewater from agricultural production activities and craft villages. Deploying the application of decentralized wastewater treatment models for areas where there are no conditions for collection; promote reuse of wastewater and sludge. Carry out satisfactory wastewater treatment in all industrial zones, clusters, industrial facilities, hospitals.
- Assessment of load capacity, zoning and discharge quotas for wastewater into the surface water environment; take measures to minimize polluting sources, restore the environment of rivers and lakes. Invest in the construction of flow regulation works to contribute to reducing water pollution.
- Investigate and assess the overall quality of underground water sources, identify severely polluted areas; develop and implement solutions to protect and improve the quality of underground water sources.
d) Environmental protection of craft villages, protection of land environment
- Integrating environmental protection of craft villages into the national target program on new rural construction and provincial planning; implement mechanisms and policies to encourage and support the environmental protection of craft villages.
- Formulate and implement plans, organize self-management and build infrastructure for environmental protection in craft villages. Strengthening control over environmental protection activities of production establishments and households in craft villages.
- To step by step transform industries and trades in the type of production that are likely to cause environmental pollution, fire and explosion incidents, using outdated technological lines, machinery and equipment; relocate, change industries, production establishments and households in industries and trades not encouraged for development.
- To step up the treatment, improvement and restoration of the soil environment in polluted areas, closed or relocated solid waste landfills.
- Investigate, evaluate, classify and monitor changes in soil environment quality; formulating and implementing plans to treat, renovate and restore areas with particularly serious soil environment pollution.
e) Strengthening control of marine and island environment pollution
- Control and prevent pollution in coastal areas; invest, strengthen infrastructure and equipment, collect and treat hazardous waste, wastewater and daily-life solid waste up to environmental standards in coastal localities.
- Actively prevent, reduce and effectively handle pollution sources from mining, oil and gas, transportation and fishing activities at sea; identify areas at risk of marine and island environmental pollution, strictly control dumping activities at sea. Formulate and implement projects on protection and conservation of marine ecosystems in association with assurance of national defense and security.
- Continue to implement the Implementation Plan of Annexes III, IV, V, VI of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution Caused by Ships under Decision No. 795/QD-TTg dated 11/5/2016 of the Prime Minister.
- Implement the National Action Plan on ocean plastic waste management to 2030 according to Decision No. 1746/QD-TTg dated December 4, 2019 of the Prime Minister.
- Develop and apply closed models of collection, classification, reuse and treatment of wastewater, domestic solid waste and hazardous waste in islands.
f) Continue to provide clean water, ensure environmental sanitation and prevent environmental factors harmful to human health
- Implement measures to ensure water source security, especially for domestic water sources; research, control and prevent water pollution from microplastics and microorganisms.
- Continue to expand the scope of clean water supply services, minimize water loss in urban areas; increase investment in building clean water supply systems according to the standards of the Ministry of Health for people in rural areas.
- Strengthen the implementation of contents and solutions on environmental sanitation in the National Target Program on building new rural areas; continue to build and implement a civilized lifestyle, abolish customs and encourage cremation among the people.
- Proactively prevent, respond to and protect public health against diseases caused by environmental factors. Identify, warn and treat emission sources of pollutants harmful to human health such as PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyl), dioxins, asbestos..., then stop using them. Construction materials have the potential to adversely affect human health and the environment.
3. Conserve nature and biodiversity, promote environmental protection in resource exploitation and use
a) Protect the environment of natural heritages, expand the system of conservation zones and biodiversity corridors;
- Establishing, recognizing, managing and protecting the environment for natural heritages. Carry out impact assessment of economic development activities
- society towards natural heritage in strategic environmental assessment, environmental impact assessment. Develop and implement a biodiversity compensation mechanism, especially for forest and wetland ecosystems.
- Promote the establishment of new nature reserves; encourage organizations, businesses, communities and individuals to invest in, establish, manage, use and sustainably develop natural heritage sites and voluntary biodiversity conservation areas.
- Effectively manage nature reserves, harmoniously combining conservation and development. Promote biodiversity assessment; continue to expand the application of payment for ecosystem services to natural ecosystems, especially forests, wetlands and sea.
- Establish and sustainably manage biodiversity corridors connecting habitats where endangered and rare species are prioritized for protection.
b) Protect and restore ecosystems
- Integrate content of protection and restoration of natural ecosystems into development policies, strategies, master plans, programs and plans. Promote the implementation of models of conservation and sustainable use of ecosystems; focus on conservation and development of urban biodiversity.
- Develop and implement programs and plans for restoration and sustainable use of degraded natural ecosystems, especially mangroves, coral reefs, seagrass beds and important wetlands; implement resilience-based management of coral reefs.
- Strictly manage, protect and restore natural forests; continue to stop logging from natural forests. Effectively prevent illegal exploitation of plants, wild animals and deforestation. Strengthen the capacity of forest fire prevention and control, reduce the number of cases and forest area burned.
- Promote the link between conservation and development, continue to allocate forests to households and communities; promote sustainable forest management. Develop a mechanism to combine the exploitation of economic values of the forest to contribute to poverty reduction, socio-economic development, experiment with the policy of planting medicinal herbs under the forest canopy.
- Organize the implementation of programs and projects of the Vietnam Forestry Development Strategy for the period of 2021 - 2030, with a vision to 2050 approved in Decision No. 523/QD-TTg dated April 1, 2021 of the Prime Minister.
c) Prevent the decline of species and genetic resources, ensure biosecurity
- Continue to develop and implement conservation programs for endangered and rare wild animals, plants and animals prioritized for protection. To develop a system of shifting conservation facilities, animal rescue centers, zoological gardens, botanical gardens, and medicinal plant gardens.
- To intensify the prevention of illegal exploitation, hunting, fishing and trade in wild and rare animals and plants; strictly control wildlife farming activities. Periodically update the list of endangered and rare species prioritized for protection.
- Promote conservation of rare, endemic and endangered genetic resources. Promote access to genetic resources and benefit sharing; develop and market products from genetic resources in accordance with international treaties. Strengthen the registration of ownership of traditional knowledge on genetic resources; building a database on genetic resources, developing a gene bank system.
- Strengthen control, prevent the introduction, development and minimize the impact of invasive alien species. Continue to control risks from GMOs, focusing on the management of import, licensing and breeding of GMOs, especially for food crops such as corn and soybean.
d) Strengthening environmental protection in exploitation and use of natural resources; protect and develop natural capital
- Implement technical solutions in agricultural production to protect and improve soil fertility; focus on preventing and fighting erosion, desertification, desertification, land degradation, saltwater intrusion, riverbank and coastal erosion.
- Strengthening integrated management of water resources by river basin in association with conservation of biodiversity, aquatic ecosystems, protection, exploitation and use of water resources. Strongly promote economical and efficient use of water resources in production and daily life.
- Control and prevent pollution, environmental degradation, environmental incidents in mining and mineral processing; control toxic mineral areas. Effectively and efficiently implement regulations on deposit for environmental restoration; make use of the post-mining recovery environment for socio-economic development purposes.
- Continue to control, prevent and eliminate destructive forms of fishing and fishing. Promote implementation of co-management, apply ecological certificates, develop models of aquaculture combined with sustainable cultivation.
- Promote investment in protection and development of natural capital sources. Integrate requirements on environmental protection and biodiversity conservation in plan on exploitation and use of natural resources; strictly control the conversion of use purposes for forest land, water surface and sea surface.
4. Proactively protect the environment to contribute to improving capacity to adapt to climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
a) Strengthen environmental protection to reduce vulnerability and improve resilience to climate change
- Assess the sensitivity and resilience of the natural environment system to the impact of climate change. Research, forecast and assess climate change risks in environmental impact assessment for investment projects.
- Carry out assessment of impacts, losses and damages caused by climate change to the environment, biodiversity and ecosystems on the basis of climate change scenarios and socio-economic development .
- Summarize, develop and replicate solutions and models for adaptation to climate change based on ecosystems (EbA), solutions based on nature (NbS), biodiversity conservation, environmental restoration... suitable for the locality.
- To continue planting, zoning, rearing and regenerating forests, especially watershed forests, mangrove forests and coastal protection forests; effectively implement the Project on planting 1 billion trees in the 2021 - 2025 period according to the Prime Minister's Decision 524/QD-TTg dated April 1, 2021; Plan No. 3238/KH-UBND dated August 30, 2021 of the Provincial People's Committee on the implementation of Decision No. 524/QD-TTg dated April 1, 2021 of the Prime Minister approving the Project "Growing a billion trees in the period of 2021 - 2025" in Binh Thuan province.
- Integrate solutions to respond to climate change in strategies, master plans, plans, programs and projects on environmental protection. Building technical infrastructure for environmental protection to withstand the impacts of climate change.
b) Develop renewable energy, clean fuel, strengthen integrated solid waste management, protect and develop ecosystems to reduce emissions and increase greenhouse gas absorption capacity
- Promote the development of renewable energy, use clean fuels, use unburnt, environmentally friendly building materials, gradually limit the development of coal-fired power plants; control ozone-depleting substances from production and consumption activities.
- Developing and applying circular economy models, implementing integrated solid waste management; promote waste reduction, reuse, recycling, treatment/disposal in combination with energy recovery, minimizing solid waste burial; control and reduce methane emissions from solid waste landfills.
- Building and replicating low-carbon economic development models, livelihood models associated with biodiversity conservation, and development of natural ecosystems.
- Implement the National Program on GHG emission reduction through limiting forest loss and degradation; conservation, enhancement of carbon stocks and sustainable management of forest resources (REDD+ Program) to 2030 approved in Decision No. 419/QD-TTg dated April 5, 2017 of the Prime Minister.
IV. Solutions implemented
1. To renew thinking of all levels and branches; raise awareness, environmental protection consciousness of businesses, communities and people
- Continue to implement the Directive No. 31-HD/BTGTU dated October 29, 2021 of the Provincial Party Committee's Propaganda Department on Propaganda on environmental protection, contributing to the sustainable development of the country and Official Letter No. 414/UBND - KT dated 14/02/2022 of the Provincial People's Committee on the implementation of Guidance No. 31-HD/BTGTU; Directive No. 14/CT-UBND dated August 18, 2021 of the Provincial People's Committee on implementing the Law on Environmental Protection.
- Disseminate and raise awareness of all levels and sectors about the view that "environment is a condition, foundation and prerequisite for sustainable socio-economic development" according to Conclusion No. 56- KL/TW dated August 23, 2019 of the Politburo on continuing to implement the Resolution of the 7th Central Committee, term XI on proactively responding to climate change, strengthening natural resource management and environmental protection. Gradually change awareness and thinking of all levels and sectors about the role of environmental protection in development policy making.
- Clearly define responsibilities of all levels and branches, especially district-level People's Committees and commune-level People's Committees for environmental protection; include environmental protection criteria in the assessment of the leader's work results. Organize the assessment and ranking of local environmental protection results.
- Strengthening environmental ethics education, love of nature, building a culture of environmental protection of Vietnamese people. Include environmental protection in educational programs at all levels and training levels; promote training in environmental disciplines; building advanced and typical models of environmental protection in educational institutions.
- Promote the sense of compliance with the law and well implement social responsibility for the environment of enterprises. Raise awareness and understanding of circular economy, green economy, low carbon economy; encourage businesses to implement voluntary environmental standards and commitments. Carry out annual evaluation and ranking of businesses with sustainable development.
- Continue to promote environmental communication on the mass media; strengthen and bring into play the strengths of new communication technologies, social networks, online forums... Raise the community's awareness and turn awareness into action on environmental protection. Forming and developing a green lifestyle, complying with legal regulations on environmental protection, especially in waste management and environmental sanitation.
- Detect, set an example, reward in a timely manner, create movements, replicate good examples and models of environmental protection; continue to review and propose to award the Vietnam Environment Award periodically.
- Raising awareness on gender equality and children's rights in the field of environment; strengthen the role and position of women in environmental protection.
2. Continue to improve the system of policies and laws on environmental protection in line with market economy institutions
- Reviewing and developing legal documents on the implementation of the Law on Environmental Protection in 2020 under the responsibility of localities according to Decision No. 1166/QD-UBND dated May 14, 2021 promulgating a list of decisions regulating Legislation of the Provincial People's Committee detailing the assigned contents in the Law passed by the XIV National Assembly at its 10th session. Continuing to base on regulations and guidance of the Prime Minister, ministries, related branches improve the law on environmental protection of air, water, land, solid waste management, efficient use of resources and response to climate change in the province.
- Apply and implement mechanisms and policies to develop the market for environmental goods and services, the exchange market for emissions quotas, carbon credits...; taxes, fees, environmental service prices; mechanisms for environmental escrow, payment for ecosystem services, compensation for biodiversity... in accordance with the law.
- Review, amend and perfect mechanisms and policies to favor and support environmentally friendly production, business and service activities and ecological products; support activities to treat and improve environmental pollution. Implement the regulations on green procurement.
- Develop and implement environmental protection components in provincial plans.
- Completing the system of standards and technical regulations on the local environment in the direction of approaching developed countries. Review, review, promulgate and apply local technical regulations that are stricter than the national environmental technical regulations.
3. Completing the organizational structure, speeding up the reform of administrative procedures in environmental protection
- Continue to strengthen the organizational apparatus of the system of environmental management agencies at the provincial, district and commune levels to ensure consistency, professionalism, and effective and efficient operation. Review and overcome overlaps, inadequacies and conflicts in functions and tasks, clearly delineating responsibilities for state management of the environment among departments, branches and localities in the province.
- Promote decentralization, increase the responsibility of governments at all levels for environmental protection, and at the same time strengthen the capacity of provincial, district and commune governments, strengthen linkages between regions and localities in environmental protection.
- Promote reform and simplification of administrative procedures on the environment in the direction of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of state management while minimizing legal risks and compliance costs for people and businesses. Gradually transform the management method in the direction of reducing "pre-inspection", increasing "after-inspection", improving the initiative and self-responsibility for environmental protection of enterprises.
4. Strengthen the enforcement of policies and laws on environmental protection
- Strengthen inspection and supervision of production and business establishments with high risk of causing environmental pollution, and apply an irregular inspection mechanism when there are signs of violations. Promote effective coordination between inspection agencies and the environmental police force.
- Enhance the provision, publicity and transparency of information in environmental management to the community, and at the same time improve the accountability of environmental managers at all levels.
- Strengthen the supervision of the community, the Vietnam Fatherland Front, organizations, individuals and media agencies for environmental protection; develop and apply digital platforms, social networks, hotlines... to promote environmental monitoring.
- Develop and implement a mechanism for settlement of environmental complaints, denunciations and disputes, and a mechanism for determining liability for environmental damage.
- Strengthening environmental management capacity in enterprises and industrial zones and clusters.
5. Mobilizing investment from the society, gradually increasing budget expenditure, improving the efficiency in using resources on environmental protection
- Well implement mechanisms and policies to mobilize investment from non-budget sources for environmental protection in accordance with central regulations and regulations on bidding for environmental public services. Strongly deploying public-private partnership (PPP) forms, promoting the participation of private enterprises, implementing equitization of state-owned enterprises in environmental protection.
- To increase spending from the state budget on environmental protection, ensuring a gradual increase according to the country's economic growth rate; reviewing, amending and completing budget expenditures, giving priority to strengthening management capacity and solving key and urgent environmental issues.
- To gradually form and develop the capital market for environmental protection; implement regulations and standards on green credit and green bonds. Promoting the role of the Vietnam Environmental Protection Fund in the province, encouraging the establishment of private funds to finance environmental protection initiatives of the community.
- Promulgate mechanisms and policies to promote the development of industry and environmental services strong enough to deal with environmental problems. Focus on developing the capacity to provide environmental services, especially recycling, waste treatment, and environmental pollution treatment.
- Actively and proactively propose projects on environmental protection to attract investment resources from financial funds, international organizations and countries around the world.
- Establish mechanism, develop criteria and process for selecting projects on environmental protection, green growth, response to climate change to ensure consistency, synchronization and efficiency.
6. Strongly applying science and technology, promoting innovation and digital transformation; building technical infrastructure, monitoring network and database on environment
- Promote innovation and digital transformation; improve, transform technology, apply the best available techniques (BAT), high technology in industries and fields.
- Effectively apply the achievements of science and technology, industrial revolution 4.0, information technology, remote sensing and modern technologies in management, monitoring, inspection, supervision, monitoring and environmental warnings; promoting the provision of online public services for environmental administrative procedures.
- Developing technical infrastructure for wastewater collection and treatment; collect, store, transport, reuse, recycle and treat solid waste and hazardous waste synchronously, efficiently, without causing environmental pollution.
- To develop the environmental monitoring network of localities and enterprises in the direction of being modern and synchronous with the national environmental monitoring network. Implement local environmental quality and biodiversity monitoring programs, focusing on key economic zones, areas with a lot of waste sources, and environmentally sensitive areas.
- Building a unified, synchronous, updated, shared and interconnected environmental database between all levels and sectors; ensure that environmental information is provided in a timely manner. Step by step converting and digitizing databases and environmental information.
- Continue to promote research and application of science and technology in environmental protection.
7. Promote international cooperation on environmental protection in the context of deep integration of the economy
- Actively participate in negotiations and organize the implementation of commitments in international treaties on the environment to which Vietnam is a member, especially in issues of climate change, biodiversity, and waste. ocean plastic...; implementation of the Project that Vietnam actively prepares and participates in the development of a Global Agreement on Ocean Plastic Pollution approved in Decision No. 1407/QD-TTg dated August 16, 2021 of the Prime Minister.
- Taking advantage of opportunities of extensive international integration, implementing commitments in free trade agreements (FTAs) to promote environmental protection. Apply technical barriers to prevent negative environmental impacts from the integration process.
- Focus on implementing transboundary environmental issues such as protection of water environment, marine environment, air environment, ocean plastic waste management, radiological and nuclear safety, hunting control, illegal wildlife trade and invasive alien species.
V. Funding for implementation
To comply with Clause 2, Article 2 of Decision No. 450/QD-TTg dated April 13, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving the National Strategy for Environmental Protection to 2030, with a Vision to 2050, including: Sources State budget, investment sources of enterprises, private sector, community and foreign capital.
VI. Assign responsibility for implementation
1. The Department of Natural Resources and Environment is the focal agency, responsible for presiding over and coordinating departments, agencies, and district-level People's Committees to implement the Plan's objectives, tasks and solutions. Summarize results of implementation of environmental protection objectives, tasks and solutions integrated in the province's annual report on environmental protection in accordance with regulations and submit it to the Provincial People's Committee to report to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
2. The Department of Planning and Investment shall coordinate with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment, other departments, branches and localities in advising the Provincial People's Council and the Provincial People's Committee to balance and allocate public investment capital according to regulations, provisions of Law on Public Investment and in line with the ability of local budget balance to effectively implement the contents of the Plan.
3. On the basis of annual estimates of departments and branches; The Department of Finance synthesizes and advises the Provincial People's Committee to arrange non-business funds for recurrent expenditure to perform the tasks of the Decentralized Plan in accordance with the provisions of the State Budget Law and in accordance with the budget capacity. Ensure sufficient non-business funding provided by the Central Government to perform tasks (if any).
4. Departments, departments, branches and district-level People's Committees, within the ambit of their tasks and powers, are responsible for coordinating the implementation of key programs, plans and projects of the above Strategy. locality; implement the objectives, tasks and solutions of the Strategy Implementation Plan; summarize the implementation of environmental protection objectives, tasks and solutions in the fields and areas under their management responsibility, integrate them in the annual report on environmental protection as prescribed and send it to the Provincial People's Committee (through Department of Natural Resources and Environment) for synthesis. The district-level People's Committees shall ensure the implementation of funding according to the decentralization of the state budget.
5. Provincial Vietnam Fatherland Front, socio-political organizations, socio-professional organizations, Binh Thuan Radio and Television Station, Binh Thuan Newspaper, businesses and people have the responsibility to participate participate in environmental protection, organize policy review and monitor environmental protection activities.
The provincial People's Committee proposes the relevant departments, boards, branches and units and the district-level People's Committee to seriously implement./.
Source: Vitic/ thuvienphapluat.vn
Approving master plan of Ha Tinh province in a period of 2021 – 2030 with a vision to 2050
Plan on implementing Decision No.858/QD-TTG dated July 20, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving strategy for development of agriculture and agro-forestry-fishery mechanization processing by 2030 in Tuyen Quang province
Plan on implementing strategy of science, technology and innovation development in Yen Bai province to 2030
Implementation plan for Decision No.1129/QD-TTg dated July 27, 2020 of Prime Minister approving project of developing night economy in Vietnam in Gia Lai province
Project on developing key fruit trees to 2025 and 2030
Implementation plan of rural tourism development program in new rural construction in a period of 2021 - 2025 in Binh Thuan province
Plan on implementing strategy of chemical industry development in Quang Binh province to 2030, vision to 2040
Implementation plan of sustainable forestry development program in Bac Giang Province in a period of 2021-2025
Project on implementation of national target program on building new rural areas in Quang Ninh province by 2025
Plan on implementation of national strategy on climate change in Kon Tum province in a period of 2022-2030 and to 2050
Urban development plan of Binh Phuoc province in a period of 2021 - 2025 with orientation to 2030
Scheme on attracting, restructuring and improving quality of labor resources in Binh Phuoc province in a period of 2021 - 2025, orientation to 2030
Plan on implementing national strategy on climate change for a period to 2050 in Quang Binh province
Plan on improving quality of human resources to 2025 and orientation to 2030