Plan on implementation of national strategy on climate change in Kon Tum province in a period of 2022-2030 and to 2050Friday, April 28,2023
AsemconnectVietnam - Concentrating resources on responding to climate change, proactively adapting to limit negative impacts, reduce vulnerability, loss and damage caused by climate change, improve awareness contributing to the successful implementation of the net zero emissions target by 2050
Implementing Decision No. 896/QD-TTg dated July 26, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving the National Strategy on Climate Change for the period to 2050, the People's Committee of Kon Tum Province issued the Plan, implement the National Strategy on Climate Change in the province in the period of 2022-2030 and to 2050, specifically as follows:
I. Purpose, requirements
- Thoroughly and seriously implement and effectively implement Decision No. 896/QD-TTg dated July 26, 2022 of the Prime Minister on approving the National Strategy on Climate Change for the period to 2050 ( Abbreviated as Decision No. 896/QĚ-TTg) to raise awareness of all levels of government and all classes of people about the importance of the National Strategy on Climate Change.
- Concentrating resources on responding to climate change, proactively adapting to limit negative impacts, reduce vulnerability, loss and damage caused by climate change, improve awareness contributing to the successful implementation of the net zero emissions target by 2050.
- All levels, branches, People's Committees of districts, cities and related units according to their assigned functions and tasks, to review, integrate and integrate the objectives, tasks and solutions of the Government. Strategy into the content of provincial planning and socio-economic development plan, suitable to the actual situation of each level, each branch and each locality for implementation.
- Implementation of the plan must be synchronous and harmoniously combined between solving important and urgent issues with basic and long-term issues associated with socio-economic development in order to ensure social security, social and environmental protection towards sustainable economic development.
II. Opinion, goal
- Responding to climate change is the responsibility of the entire political system, each citizen and the whole society. The State plays a constructive and leading role; People and businesses play a central role and are the subject of implementation with the effective participation of socio-political organizations.
- Adapting to climate change and realizing the goal of net zero emissions by 2050 is an opportunity for sustainable development, the highest priority in development decisions, the highest ethical standards of the country, levels, sectors, businesses and people.
- Implement effective financial mechanism, carbon market, promote investment shift for low-emission economic development; promote the State's resources, promote the attraction of resources of organizations, enterprises, individuals and international resources, promote public-private cooperation on the basis of equality, cooperation and mutual benefit.
2. 1. Overall goal
Improve the ability to respond to climate change in each stage of local socio-economic development in order to ensure sustainable development, protect people's lives, prevent, avoid and minimize the impacts of climate change. harm of climate change; proactively and effectively adapt, reduce vulnerability, loss and damage due to climate change; reduce greenhouse gas emissions according to the goal of net zero emissions by 2050, actively and responsibly contribute to the international community in protecting the earth's climate system; take advantage of opportunities from climate change response to transform growth models, improve resilience and competitiveness of the economy.
2.2. Detail goal
a) Adaptation to climate change
- By 2030:
+ Successfully implementing the goal of the Resolution of the 16th Provincial Party Congress. In which: 15,000 ha of new forest can be planted, and the existing forest area is protected, focusing on protection forests and special-use forests; increase the forest cover in the province to 64.0%.
+ The structure of plants and animals is transformed in the direction of intelligent adaptation to climate change; develop sustainable agriculture, forestry and fishery value chains; control the degradation of water resources, land resources, ensure water sources for daily life, industry, services and important economic sectors.
+ Ensure that at least 95% of households in rural areas are provided with clean water and hygienic water, of which at least 80% of the population can use standard clean water; meet the demand for prevention of epidemics, diseases and new diseases arising from climate change.
+ Critical infrastructure works to adapt to climate change are completed with disaster safety standards, especially natural disaster prevention works, fresh water storage works for daily life and production export.
+ Ensure that 80% of households in disaster-prone areas have safe houses; complete relocation of at least 70% of households living in places with high risk of flash floods and landslides to safe places; for areas that cannot yet be relocated, a monitoring, surveillance and warning system must be installed to promptly evacuate and reduce risks when natural disasters occur; 100% of the underground overflow areas are monitored and warned of flooded depth.
- By 2050:
+ Effectively manage water and land resources, improve environmental quality for socio-economic development; continue to develop modern smart agriculture, effectively adapting to climate change and with high added value.
+ Continue to maintain forest cover at 64%, focus on improving forest quality and sustainable forest management; Important natural ecosystems, endangered species, precious and rare genetic resources have been effectively restored and preserved; biodiversity and ecosystem services are fully appreciated, used sustainably and bring essential benefits to all people, contributing to ensuring ecological security.
+ The system of socio-economic infrastructure is developed synchronously and modernly, effectively adapting to sea level rise and impacts of climate change; ensure 100% of households in rural areas use hygienic water; all people have access to health care services.
+ Ensure 100% of households living in places with high risk of flash floods and landslides to safe places; 100% of households in disaster prone areas have safe houses; strengthening the resilience of natural disaster prevention works, ensuring safety against the impacts of climate change.
b) Reducing greenhouse gas emissions:
- By 2030, ensure that total greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by 43.5% compared to the normal development scenario (BAU). Establishments in the province with annual greenhouse gas emissions of 2,000 tons of CO2eq or more must reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- By 2050, ensure that the total national greenhouse gas emissions reach the net emission level of "0". Establishments in the province with annual greenhouse gas emissions of 200 tons of CO2eq or more must reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
II. Tasks, solutions
1. Actively adapting to climate change
a) Enhance resilience and adaptive capacity of natural, economic and social systems, ensuring sustainable livelihoods
- Preventing the decline, degradation and restoration of natural resources: Review, focus on protecting and restoring water resources; improve the efficiency of water resource management in an integrated direction, meeting the water use needs of the sectors; improve and restore degraded, depleted and polluted water sources, strengthen solutions to manage, exploit, and use economically and efficiently water sources, focusing on areas at risk of drought, water shortage and drought. water; strictly manage unexploited mineral resources and ensure the prevention and control of landslides, subsidence and groundwater degradation in exploitation; rationally and effectively exploit the unused land area, enhance the reclamation and environmental protection of land, water and biodiversity; improve environmental quality, reduce impacts and prevent natural disasters caused by water to serve the people's life and socio-economic development.
- Agriculture and food security: Continue to review, adjust and supplement plans in agricultural production and rural development according to the scale and structure of production in accordance with advantages and market demands. and adaptation to climate change; accelerate agricultural restructuring, implement smart agricultural solutions to adapt to climate change; exploit and bring into play the advantages of tropical agriculture; develop organic agriculture, ecological agriculture, friendly with the environment; restructuring of crops, livestock, sustainable aquaculture and exploitation of aquatic products; improve the resilience and adaptability of agriculture to climate change. Focus on sustainable agriculture and rural development, enhancing added value, efficiency and competitiveness; to step up the transformation of the structure of crops and livestock towards intelligent adaptation to climate change, to develop sustainable agriculture, forestry and fishery value chains; ensure food security and national nutritional balance; planning production areas, developing large-scale concentrated commodity agriculture in the direction of modernity, application of high technology and scientific advances; implementation of crop restructuring, sustainable agricultural development must be based on the natural advantages of each region and the needs of the market; to step up the cultivation, exploitation, protection and development of aquatic resources with high added value; improve farmers' lives faster, contribute to hunger eradication and poverty alleviation, protect the environment and ecology, and contribute to ensuring national security.
- Forests and ecosystems: Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of State management in forest management, protection and development; effectively implement programs, schemes, projects and plans to develop the forestry sector, focusing on the Vietnam Forestry Development Strategy for the period 2021-2030, with a vision to 2050 in the province and related documents; to develop forestry into an economic-technical branch with the unification between forest management, protection and development and forest use, processing, trade in forest products and forest ecosystem services on the basis of with the participation of relevant parties, rational use of natural resources, bringing into play the potentials of climate, land and comparative advantages; apply advanced, modern science and technology and innovate and create to improve the productivity, quality, efficiency and overall value of forests; promote the assignment of forest management and protection contracts under the payment mechanism for forest environmental services; focus on protecting and minimizing the conversion of forests, especially natural forests; promote restoration and improve the quality and protection capacity of watershed protection forests; consolidating and consolidating the system of monitoring, evaluation and emergency response to forest fires; increase the percentage of trees in urban areas. Establish and expand the operation of nature reserves; develop climate change adaptation models based on nature, ecosystems and community; carry out inventory, assessment and building of national database on biodiversity; continue to effectively implement current mechanisms and policies in accordance with the provisions of the Forestry Law and related documents
- Development of infrastructure to adapt to climate change: Focus on synchronous development of economic and social infrastructure systems, focusing on multi-purpose works to adapt to climate change, inter-regional works; upgrading and renovating traffic works in areas with high natural disaster risks and vulnerable to climate change; completing key infrastructure works to respond to climate change, especially natural disaster prevention and control works, freshwater storage works for daily life and agricultural production in accordance with natural conditions. , ensuring efficiency for socio-economic development.
- Health and health: Strengthening solutions to provide clean water for rural areas and ethnic minority areas; develop the medical and health care network, ensure environmental sanitation conditions; invest in the development of technology and equipment for the prevention and treatment of diseases increased by climate change; build and replicate models of the health sector and public health, improve community resilience, and adapt to climate change.
- Ensuring social security and gender equality:
Developing sustainable livelihood models, focusing on training, job change and technology support, access to capital sources for people; raise awareness, knowledge and capacity for disaster risk management and climate change adaptation for staff, women's members, young people, people, especially in areas at high risk of natural disasters.
b) Mitigation of damage from natural disasters and increased extremes caused by climate change
- Forecasting and early warning: Increase investment, upgrade and modernize the network of climate change monitoring, hydro-meteorological, earthquake, and disaster monitoring systems. specialized use, especially for storms, rain, floods, flash floods, inundation, landslides, river bank erosion; prioritizing the development of quantitative rain forecasting technology, warning of flash floods and landslides; complete climate and disaster risk assessment and zoning and disaster warning mapping; building and completing the provincial database on climate change; effectively operate the multi-disaster warning system, combined with the national information and communication infrastructure system.
- Natural disaster prevention works: Implement timely and effective natural disaster prevention solutions, minimize risks before impacts of climate change, and areas at high risk of being affected by natural disasters and climate extremes. Construction and upgrading of natural disaster prevention and control works in areas frequented by storms, floods, inundation, flash floods and landslides in areas where landslides are complicated, seriously threatening the works. , residential areas and important infrastructure; combining structural and non-structural solutions, ensuring economic, social and environmental efficiency and optimizing development resources. Strengthen capacity to prevent flash floods, landslides, storm prevention, and fight against major floods and extreme floods; prevent the effects of drought.
- Ensuring the safety of people's lives and properties against the impacts of climate change: Planning, investment, relocation and rearrangement of residential areas in areas frequently affected by climate extreme, especially where there is a high risk of storms, floods, pipe floods, flash floods, inundation, landslides, and geological disasters; capacity building for search, rescue and rescue forces, ensuring security, social order and safety. Strengthening measures to ensure people's safety, especially for vulnerable people in areas frequently affected by extreme climate and natural disasters; building safe houses for natural disaster prevention associated with new rural construction; building community houses in combination with evacuation to ensure people's safety.
2. About reducing greenhouse gas emissions
a) General task of reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- By 2030:
Develop and implement an action plan to reduce methane emissions by 2030 to reduce methane emissions by 30% compared to 2020. Develop and implement a plan to manage and eliminate harmful substances greenhouse gases, substances that deplete the ozone layer by 2030. Develop and implement plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions of all sectors according to the roadmap to achieve net zero emissions by 2050. Encourage new investment projects and investment projects to transform, apply technologies, production processes, provide services with low greenhouse gas emissions, and participate in mechanisms and methods, cooperate on reducing greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with the provisions of law.
- By 2050:
Develop and implement an action plan to reduce methane emissions by 2050 to reduce methane emissions by 40% compared to 2030. Develop and implement a plan to manage and eliminate harmful substances greenhouse gases, substances that deplete the ozone layer by 2050. Continue to develop and implement plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions of all sectors according to the roadmap to achieve net emissions of "zero" by 2050. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in daily activities becomes a matter of business ethics and social responsibility of organizations and businesses.
b) Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by sector
- Energy sector:
+ Regarding energy supply: To step up the implementation of solutions to develop clean energy, use energy economically and efficiently; to research and develop small hydroelectric plants selectively, meeting environmental protection standards; to encourage, attract investment, increase the capacity of concentrated solar power plants, rooftop solar power plants, wind power, biomass power, hydropower... in the province; strengthen the implementation of solutions for economical and efficient use of energy and promote the shift to using clean energy in the fields of industry, agriculture, transportation, services, commerce and civil.
+ Regarding energy use: Strengthen the implementation of solutions for economical and efficient use of energy and promote the shift to using clean energy in the fields of industry, agriculture, transportation, services, etc. commercial and residential. Efficient use of energy in transportation through the application of fuel consumption standards and emission norms.
- Agriculture: Applying advanced measures in agricultural production to reduce methane emissions in cultivation and animal husbandry; plant structure transformation; transforming agricultural farming models towards low emission; reuse crop by-products and treat livestock waste as organic fertilizer, generating biogas; applying composting and reducing chemical fertilizers; replacing urea with low emission fertilizers....; develop sustainable organic agriculture, change crop structure, manage integrated crops, increase farming area to be irrigated economically, irrigate smartly for wet rice cultivation and long-term crops; apply management measures, innovate technology in cultivation and husbandry, change land use methods, develop low-emission agricultural value chains and post-harvest processing and preservation.
- Forestry and land use: Protect existing natural forest areas in order to strictly control forest conversion, deforestation and forest degradation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions; develop and replicate agro-forestry models through additional planting of forestry trees and timber trees to increase carbon sequestration and combat land degradation, giving priority to sloping lands.
- Waste field: Implement management measures, minimize waste generation from production to consumption, expand the responsibility of manufacturers; increase reuse and recycling of waste; apply advanced measures in waste and wastewater treatment to reduce methane emissions.
3. Review and update the Plan, promote the potential and resources to effectively respond to climate change
a) Review and update the Strategy on climate change adaptation and GHG emission reduction
Continue to review and update the strategic objectives on adaptation to climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions into the content of the provincial planning, the socio-economic development plan for the period 2021 - 2030 and the Program , Plan of the Provincial People's Committee according to Decision No. 187/QD-UBND dated March 18, 2021 on promulgating the Action Plan to respond to climate change for the period 2021-2030, with a vision to 2050 and assessment climate of Kon Tum province (Decision No. 187/QD-UBND for short); Plan No. 3156/KH-UBND dated August 25, 2020 on the implementation of Decision No. 1055/QD-TTg dated July 20, 2020 of the Prime Minister on the promulgation of the National Plan to adapt to climate change after the period 2021-2030, with a vision to 2050 in Kon Tum province (Plan No. 3156/KH-UBND for short); Action Program No. 815/CTr-UBND dated March 11, 2021 on the implementation of Resolution No. 06/NQ-CP dated January 21, 2021 of the Government on promulgating the Action Plan to continue implementing the Resolution No. 24-NQ/TW of the 11th Central Committee of the Party on proactively responding to climate change, strengthening natural resource management and protecting the environment according to Conclusion No. 56-KL/TW dated August 23 2019 of the Politburo (Abbreviated as Program No. 815/CTr-UBND).
b) Strengthen information, propaganda, awareness raising and community participation
+ Continue to promote propaganda, education, and create unity throughout the society on awareness and action against the impacts of climate change, extreme natural disasters, degradation of natural resources, and pollution. environment …; develop and implement communication, awareness raising and community participation programs; update knowledge on climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and greenhouse gas emission reduction into general education curricula; promoting a climate-friendly lifestyle, contributing to the formation of a civilized lifestyle, and protecting the earth's climate system.
+ Preserve and promote traditional culture and local knowledge; propagating and replicating activities and application models of environmentally friendly technologies, renewable technologies, using clean energy, adapting to climate change and with low greenhouse gas emissions, community model community adaptation to climate change, community model to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Communicating, raising awareness and engaging the community, in sustainable forest and forestry development, forest ecosystem restoration, community-based, nature-based livelihood models and adaptation to climate change while enhancing the capacity to absorb greenhouse gases and conserve biodiversity.
c) Human resource development:
- Develop and implement training and retraining programs for officials of departments, agencies and localities on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction, use of renewable energy and energy; strengthen the capacity for enterprises to access and participate in the implementation of programs and projects under the mechanisms of exchange, offset carbon credits and develop the carbon market.
- Develop a team on greenhouse gas inventory, assessment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, develop carbon markets, protect the ozone layer, adapt to climate change to meet management requirements and consistent with the roadmap, domestic regulations and international treaties on climate change to which Vietnam is a member.
d) Development of science and technology
- Receiving scientific research, applying and transferring technology to serve departments, agencies and localities in implementing tasks and solutions to respond to climate change in order to achieve emission targets, net zero by 2050; building a list of clean, low-carbon technologies in manufacturing industries to promote application, technology transfer and investment mobilization.
- Integrating research into solutions to apply technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to climate change in accordance with the conditions of Kon Tum province. Prioritize research and implementation of climate change adaptation solutions with co-benefits with greenhouse gas emission reduction and socio-economic development.
d) Mobilizing financial resources to respond to climate change
- Review, supplement and develop mechanisms and policies according to the competence of the province, create favorable conditions to attract investment in response to climate change, encourage the participation of businesses and real people, implement activities to adapt to climate change, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, build low-emission communities, manage and use resources rationally and protect the environment in association with sustainable livelihood development.
- Annually, review, plan and estimate the state budget to ensure efficient allocation and use of activities to respond to climate change; Prioritize allocating investment resources from the state budget or using supports, grants and concessional loans to implement climate change adaptation works and projects in accordance with the law. Vietnam's law, requirements of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Paris Agreement and international financial mechanisms for responding to climate change to which Vietnam participates.
e) Promote international cooperation in response to climate change
Enhance the exchange of information and experiences in the development and application of technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions with other countries, partners and international organizations within the framework of cooperation of the Mekong River Commission; implement solutions to adapt to climate change; forecast, warn and have appropriate response solutions to transboundary impacts of climate change response activities. Periodically update and implement the National Climate Change Adaptation Plan and national reports on climate change according to regulations.
IV. Implementation cost
Funds for the implementation of implementation plan of national strategy on climate change in Kon Tum province in a period of 2022-2030 and by 2050 include capital from the state budget, institutional capital, individuals, international funding and other lawfully mobilized capital sources as prescribed by law.
For state budget sources according to current decentralization according to the provisions of the Law on State Budget and guiding documents; at the same time, integrate from related programs, plans and projects and mobilize contributions from organizations and individuals and other lawfully mobilized capital sources for implementation.
V. Implementation organization
1. Department of Natural Resources and Environment
- Act as the focal point, monitor and guide the effective implementation of the Implementation Plan of the National Strategy on Climate Change in Kon Tum Province in the period 2022-2030 and up to 2050 and advise and assist the Provincial People's Committee in directing the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation results of this Plan.
- Coordinate with relevant agencies to monitor and summarize the implementation of programs and plans on GHG mitigation and adaptation to climate change assigned by the Provincial People's Committee in Decision No. 187 /QD-UBND, Plan No. 3156/KH-UBND, Program No. 815/CTr-UBND .
- Advise the Provincial People's Committee to develop and update the action plan to respond to climate change in Kon Tum province every 10 years at the provincial level.
- Annually deploying communication plans and activities to raise awareness, strengthen the capacity and knowledge of civil servants at all levels, social organizations and communities on climate change and natural disasters; periodically organize preliminary reviews, summaries and evaluation of the results of the implementation of this Plan, summarize and advise the Provincial People's Committees to report to the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and relevant central ministries.
2. Department of Planning and Investment
- Assume the prime responsibility for reviewing, integrating and integrating the objectives, tasks and solutions of the National Strategy on climate change for the period up to 2050 into the content of the provincial planning and the economic development plan - appropriate to the local realities.
- Coordinate with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment and relevant units to review, summarize and advise the Provincial People's Committee to submit to competent authorities for consideration and allocation of public investment capital for units and localities. related to the implementation of the tasks of this Plan and the Programs and Plans assigned by the Provincial People's Committee in Decision No. 187/QD-UBND, Plan No. 3156/KH-UBND, Program No. 815/ CTr-UBND in accordance with the law on public investment.
3. Department of Finance
Coordinate with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment and relevant units to advise the Provincial People's Committee to submit to the competent authorities for consideration and allocation of funds to implement this Plan in accordance with the provisions of the Law on State Budget, relevant regulations and in line with the ability to balance the annual local budget according to the current state budget decentralization.
4. Departments, departments, district-level People's Committees
- Based on their functions and tasks, they are responsible for implementing and integrating the objectives, tasks and solutions of the National Strategy on climate change into programs, projects and sector development plans, local; at the same time, widely propagate and disseminate information about the Strategy to all cadres, civil servants, public employees, employees and the community.
- Take the initiative in formulating implementation plans, balancing and allocating annual funds and other lawful capital sources to perform the tasks assigned under this Plan and programs and plans approved by the People's Committee. assigned by the province in Decision No. 187/QD-UBND , Plan No. 3156/KH-UBND , Program No. 815/CTr-UBND .
- Organizing the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the results of the implementation of the tasks set out in the Plan according to its competence; prioritize the allocation of budget for activities to implement the Strategy.
- Develop and implement communication activities, raise awareness and restructure the contingent of cadres, civil servants and public employees working in response to climate change in sectors and localities.
The above is the implementation plan of the national strategy on climate change in Kon Tum province in the period of 2022-2030 and by 2050, it is recommended that units and localities seriously implement the implementation to ensure timely, effective and in accordance with regulations. In the course of implementation, if they encounter difficulties or problems, agencies and units shall report in writing to the Department of Natural Resources and Environment to summarize and report to the Provincial People's Committee for consideration and adjustment, timely adjust, supplement or propose competent authorities to consider according to regulations.
Source: Vitic/ thuvienphapluat.vn
Project on implementation of national target program on building new rural areas in Quang Ninh province by 2025
Urban development plan of Binh Phuoc province in a period of 2021 - 2025 with orientation to 2030
Scheme on attracting, restructuring and improving quality of labor resources in Binh Phuoc province in a period of 2021 - 2025, orientation to 2030
Plan on implementing national strategy on climate change for a period to 2050 in Quang Binh province
Plan on improving quality of human resources to 2025 and orientation to 2030
Program on conservation and development of Vietnamese craft villages in a period of 2021 - 2030
Implementation plan of marine aquaculture development project in Ninh Binh province to 2030 with a vision to 2045
Plan on implementing national environmental protection strategy to 2030 with a vision to 2050 in Kien Giang province
Plan on implementing Decision No. 327/QD-TTG dated March 10, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving the project on developing sustainable and effective wood processing industry in the period of 2021-2030 in Gia Lai province
Action plan on implementing strategy of sustainable agricultural and rural development in a period of 2022-2030 with a vision to 2050 in Hanoi city
Plan on implementing Decision No.923/QD-TTG dated August 2, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving science and technology program for new rural construction in a period of 2021-2025 in Vinh Long province
Plan on implementing strategy of sustainable agricultural and rural development in Bac Kan province in a period of 2021 - 2030 with a vision to 2050
Action plan on implementing livestock development strategy in a period of 2022-2030 with a vision to 2045 in Hanoi city
Implementation plan of Vietnam's forestry development strategy for a period of 2021-2030 with a vision to 2050 in Gia Lai province