Plan on implementing national strategy on climate change for a period to 2050 in Quang Binh provinceFriday, March 31,2023
AsemconnectVietnam - Actively and effectively adapting, reducing vulnerability, loss and damage due to climate change; reduce greenhouse gas emissions according to the goal of net zero emissions by 2050, actively and responsibly contribute to international community in protecting the earth's climate system; take advantage of opportunities from climate change response to transform growth models, improve resilience and competitiveness of the economy.
Implementing Decision No. 896/QD-TTg dated July 26, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving the National Strategy on Climate Change for the period to 2050, the Provincial People's Committee promulgates the Implementation Plan with the following specific content:
1. Common objectives
Actively and effectively adapting, reducing vulnerability, loss and damage due to climate change; reduce greenhouse gas emissions according to the goal of net zero emissions by 2050, actively and responsibly contribute to international community in protecting the earth's climate system; take advantage of opportunities from climate change response to transform growth models, improve resilience and competitiveness of the economy.
2. Specific objectives
a) Adaptation to climate change
Reduce vulnerability and risk to the effects of climate change through improving the resilience and adaptive capacity of natural, economic and social systems, and reducing damage from natural disasters and climate extremes increase due to climate change.
- By 2030:
To control the degradation of water resources and land resources, to ensure an adequate balance of water sources to serve daily life, industry, services and important economic sectors. Ensure 100% of large reservoirs are controlled and monitored to maintain minimum flow of river basins; 85% of the province's main river basins have an automatic and online monitoring system. With 50% or more of Quang Binh's sea area, the basic survey of marine resources and environment is carried out at the map scale of 1:500,000 and a large-scale survey in some sea areas with high biodiversity and high biodiversity.
Transforming the energy use structure towards increasing the proportion of renewable energy sources.
Treat 100% of establishments causing serious environmental pollution. Carry out strict inspection and supervision of establishments, factories, enterprises, etc. causing air pollution in the province; 95% of municipal solid waste is collected and treated; strive for the proportion of urban daily-life solid waste treated by direct burial below 30% of the total amount of collected waste; 100% of hazardous solid waste arising from production, business, service and medical facilities will be collected and treated. Completing the centralized wastewater treatment plant in the Northwestern Dong Hoi industrial zone and the North Dong Hoi industrial zone; 65% of total wastewater in Dong Hoi city and 40% in urban areas of districts and towns are collected and treated to meet technical standards and regulations before being discharged into the environment.
To treat, improve and restore the environment in areas contaminated by residual pesticides and dioxins; 95% of the urban population has access to clean water; 65% of the rural population has access to clean water of standard quality with a minimum quantity of 60 liters/person/day.
The structure of plants and animals is transformed towards intelligent adaptation to climate change; develop sustainable agriculture, forestry and fishery value chains; ensure food security and nutritional balance.
Ensure forest coverage is maintained at 78%; 01 biosphere reserve was established and recognized. Increase the area of protected important wetlands; at least 29 species of rare and endangered animals are included in the protection program.
Critical infrastructure works to adapt to climate change are completed with disaster safety standards, especially works for natural disaster prevention, flood prevention, saltwater intrusion, and water storage works, fresh water for daily life and production, preventing flooding in urban areas.
Over 95% automation is achieved for meteorological stations, water level measurement stations, rain gauges, and wind measurement stations at a height, at least 40% for flow measurement stations; develop a network of automatic hydrometeorological stations, giving priority to coastal areas; 100% of the works subject to hydrometeorological monitoring shall observe and provide hydro-meteorological information and data in accordance with the law.
- By 2050:
Effectively manage water and land resources, improve environmental quality for socio-economic development; firmly ensure the security of local water resources. Continue to develop modern smart agriculture, effectively adapting to climate change and with high added value.
Maintain stable forest coverage at 78% and ensure local forest coverage; improve forest quality and manage forests sustainably; Important natural ecosystems, endangered species, precious and rare genetic resources have been effectively restored and preserved; biodiversity and ecosystem services are fully appreciated, used sustainably and bring essential benefits to all people, contributing to ensuring ecological security.
The system of socio-economic infrastructure is developed synchronously and modernly, effectively adapting to sea level rise and impacts of climate change. Ensure 100% of the population is provided with clean and hygienic water, of which at least 97% of the population has access to standard clean water; 100% of industrial parks in the province have centralized wastewater treatment plants; all people have access to health care services.
The resilience of natural disaster prevention works is enhanced, ensuring safety against natural disasters according to the design level taking into account the impact of climate change.
All people are safe from natural disasters and climate risks; 100% of households in areas frequently affected by natural disasters have safe houses.
b) Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- By 2030, ensure that Quang Binh's total greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by 30% compared to the normal development scenario (BAU). In which: The energy sector decreased by 22.5%, the emissions did not exceed 315 million tons of CO2 equivalent (CO2eq); the agricultural sector decreased by 29.7%, the emissions did not exceed 44 million tons of CO2eq; in the forestry sector, land use decreased by 48% in emissions and increased by 13.7% in carbon sequestration, total emission and absorption reached at least -65.5 million tons of CO2eq; the waste sector decreased by 41.9%, the emissions did not exceed 12.4 million tons of CO2eq; the industrial process sector decreased by 26.4%, the emissions did not exceed 59.3 million tons of CO2eq. Establishments with annual greenhouse gas emissions of 2,000 tons CO2eq or more must reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- By 2050, ensure that Quang Binh's total greenhouse gas emissions reach a net emission level of "0"; emissions peak in 2035, then decline rapidly. In which: The energy sector decreased by 63.1%, the emissions did not exceed 69.6 million tons of CO2eq; the agricultural sector decreased by 43.51%, the emissions did not exceed 38.6 million tons of CO2eq; in the forestry sector, land use decreased by 62% of emissions, increased by 20.7% of carbon sequestration, total emission and absorption reached at least -127.6 million tons of CO2eq; waste sector reduced by 62.5%, emissions did not exceed 5.5 million tons of CO2eq; the industrial processes sector decreased by 84.8%, the emissions did not exceed 20 million tons of CO2eq. Establishments with annual greenhouse gas emissions of 200 tons CO2eq or more must reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
II. Tasks and solutions
1. Actively adapting to climate change
a) Enhance resilience and adaptive capacity of natural, economic and social systems, ensuring sustainable livelihoods
- Preventing the decline, degradation and recovery of natural resources
Focus on protecting water resources. Develop a plan to manage water resources and river basins; identify areas that need strict protection, strictly manage groundwater extraction activities; prevent and combat degradation, depletion and pollution of water sources; strengthen solutions for management, exploitation, economical and efficient use of water resources, focusing on areas at risk of drought, water shortage and adverse impacts of saline intrusion. Ensuring security of water resources. From now to 2030, focus on controlling the degradation and depletion of water resources; improve the efficiency of water resource management in a unified direction to meet the water use needs of all sectors, improve environmental quality, reduce impacts and prevent natural disasters caused by water to serve people's lives and socio-economic development.
To rationally and effectively exploit unused land and alluvial land along rivers and along the coast for forest development and green tree development in urban areas and industrial zones. Promote development of urban areas, industrial parks and export processing zones according to the circular model, ensuring land fund for the development of solid waste treatment and recycling zones. Strengthening solutions to improve and protect the environment of soil, water and biodiversity, especially for degraded agricultural land; prevent and minimize land degradation and soil pollution. Strictly manage mineral resources used as common construction materials, ensuring prevention and control of landslides, subsidence, groundwater degradation and sea erosion.
- Agriculture and food security
Building a smart, modern agriculture, effectively adapting to climate change and with high added value; firmly ensure food security. Promote agricultural restructuring, implement smart agricultural solutions to adapt to climate change; exploit and promote the advantages of local agriculture; develop organic agriculture, ecological agriculture, friendly with the environment; restructuring of crops, livestock, sustainable aquaculture and exploitation of aquatic products; improve the resilience and adaptability of agriculture to climate change in the locality.
From now to 2030, focus on transforming the structure of crops and livestock towards smart adaptation to climate change, developing sustainable agriculture, forestry and fishery value chains; ensure food security and nutritional balance; planning production areas, developing large-scale concentrated commodity agriculture in the direction of modernity, application of high technology and scientific advances; implementation of crop structure transformation, sustainable agricultural development must be based on the natural advantages of the locality and the needs of the market; to step up the cultivation, exploitation, protection and development of aquatic resources with high added value; converting a part of the rice-growing area to annual crops or to growing rice in combination with aquaculture.
- Forests and ecosystems
Strictly manage and protect existing natural forests; strengthen the protection capacity of watershed forests and coastal forests; to develop large timber plantations and restore forest landscapes; sustainable management of forest resources in association with biodiversity protection and enhancement of ecosystem services; enhance community participation in forest protection, management and development in order to improve livelihoods, income and employment opportunities in forestry. Management of ecosystems and biodiversity; strengthen the resilience of natural ecosystems and protect and conserve biodiversity against the impacts of climate change and sea level rise.
From now to 2030, focus on protecting and minimizing the conversion of forests, especially natural forests; promote restoration and improve the quality and protection capacity of coastal forests and watershed protection forests; consolidating and consolidating the system of monitoring, evaluation and emergency response to forest fires; increase the percentage of trees in urban areas. Establish and expand the operation of the nature reserve; develop climate change adaptation models based on nature, ecosystems and community; carry out inventory, assessment, and database building on biodiversity.
- Developing infrastructure to adapt to climate change
Assessment of impacts, vulnerability, risks, losses and damages caused by climate change in planning, investment and development of infrastructure of industrial parks, urban centers, residential areas, resettlement areas on the basis of disaster risk zoning and climate change scenarios. Focus on synchronous development of economic and social infrastructure systems, focusing on multi-purpose works to adapt to climate change, inter-regional works; improve the resilience and capacity to adapt to climate change of sectors. Building, upgrading and renovating urban infrastructure, concentrated residential areas, industrial parks and resettlement areas; develop urban areas, coastal urban areas, centers for marine tourism, eco-tourism, historical and cultural relics; urban flood control in the context of climate change and sea level rise.
From now to 2030, give priority to the construction of green buildings and the development of urban green trees, upgrading of water drainage systems, and prevention of floods caused by heavy rains, floods, storm surges and storm surges for urban areas, coastal urban areas; upgrading and renovating traffic works in areas with high natural disaster risks and vulnerable to climate change; develop and perfect the road network and inter-regional transport system. Completing key infrastructure works to respond to climate change, especially works to prevent natural disasters, prevent high tides, saline intrusion, fresh water storage works for daily life and production, and fight against urban flooding. To build a number of new multi-purpose reservoirs in drought and water scarcity areas suitable to the natural conditions of each region, ensuring efficiency for socio-economic development.
- Health and wellness
Strengthening solutions to provide clean water for rural, mountainous and coastal areas, especially those affected by storms, floods, droughts and saline intrusion. Develop a medical and healthcare network to meet the requirements of epidemic prevention and new diseases arising from climate change. Ensure environmental sanitation conditions; invest in the development of technology and equipment for the prevention and treatment of diseases increased by climate change. Building and replicating models of the health sector and public health in order to improve community resilience and adapt to climate change.
From now to 2030, focus on strengthening the water supply infrastructure system and the capacity to supply clean water to the population, especially the rural population; develop the network of health, health care, disease prevention and control, giving priority to the vulnerable and ethnic minority areas; strengthen the monitoring and early warning system of the impacts of climate change on health.
Ensuring social security and gender equality
Developing sustainable livelihood models, focusing on training, job change and technology support, access to capital sources for people in high-risk and vulnerable areas to the impacts of climate change. Improve awareness, knowledge and capacity for disaster risk management and climate change adaptation for staff, women members, young people, people, especially in areas at high risk of natural disasters.
From now to 2030, strengthen the role, capacity and participation of women and youth in climate change adaptation and disaster risk management; promote movements and activities to raise awareness and knowledge for young people about climate change and solutions in disaster prevention and adaptation to climate change.
b) Mitigation of damage from natural disasters and increased extremes caused by climate change
- Forecast and early warning
To increase investment, upgrade and modernize the network of climate change monitoring, hydro-meteorological monitoring, specialized disaster monitoring, monitoring and surveillance systems, especially for storms and rain, floods, flash floods, inundation, landslides, riverbank and coastal erosion.
Daily hydro-meteorological forecast under normal conditions has 90% confidence.
Upgrading and modernizing technology for monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, warning weather and natural disasters; application of advanced and modern forecasting technologies; prioritize the development of technology for quantitative rain forecasting, warning of flash floods, landslides, and impact-based forecasting; improve capacity to provide climate services and provide information for disaster prevention.
From now to 2030, focus on developing scientific and technological potentials for forecasting, warning of hydrometeorology and natural disasters. Climate change monitoring capacity is enhanced; meet the requirements of providing basic climate services. Socialize a number of activities to observe, monitor and monitor extreme climates, giving priority to automatic rain gauge systems. Complete climate and disaster risk assessment and zoning and disaster warning mapping; build and complete local databases linked to national data on climate change.
- Disaster prevention works
Implement timely and effective natural disaster prevention and control solutions, minimize risks from climate change impacts, and focus on areas at high risk of being affected by storms, floods, tube floods and flash floods. , floods, landslides, droughts; prevent, avoid, prevent and limit the impact of high tide, saline intrusion, river bank erosion, coastal erosion, sea level rise. To build and upgrade natural disaster prevention and control works in areas prone to frequent storms, floods, inundation, flash floods and landslides.
Consolidate, upgrade and complete the system of river dykes, sea dykes and irrigation and hydroelectric projects to ensure proactive prevention and control of floods and storms according to the design level and safety from increased impacts due to climate change. Queen; give priority to ensuring safety for the system of lakes, dams, river dykes and sea dykes. Building and upgrading the anchorage area for ships and boats to avoid storms according to the planning, associated with logistics services, fishery information. Building and strengthening works to prevent and control river bank and coastal erosion in areas where landslides are complicated, seriously threatening dyke works, population concentration areas and important infrastructure; combining structural and non-structural solutions, ensuring economic, social and environmental efficiency and optimizing development resources. Strengthen capacity to prevent flash floods, landslides, storm prevention, and fight against major floods and extreme floods; prevent the harmful effects of drought, high tide and saline intrusion.
- Ensuring the safety of people's lives and properties against the impacts of climate change
Planning, investment, relocation, rearrangement of residential areas in areas frequently affected by extreme climate, especially places with high risk of storms, floods, storm surge, erosion of riverbanks, coasts or the risk of flash floods, landslides, land subsidence, geological hazards; The places that cannot be relocated need to be monitored, supervised and warned in order to promptly evacuate and minimize risks.
Strengthening measures to ensure people's safety, especially for vulnerable people in areas frequently affected by extreme climate and natural disasters; building safe houses for natural disaster prevention associated with new rural construction; building community houses in combination with evacuation to ensure people's safety. Capacity building for search, rescue and rescue forces, ensuring security, social order and safety.
2. About reducing greenhouse gas emissions
a) General task of reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- By 2030:
Develop and implement an action plan to reduce methane emissions by 2030 to reduce methane emissions by 20.7% compared to 2020. Develop and implement a plan to manage and eliminate substances causing greenhouse gas effects, ozone-depleting substances by 2030. Develop and implement plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions of all sectors according to the roadmap to achieve net emissions of "zero" by 2030. 2050. Carry out a greenhouse gas inventory and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for facilities that emit 2,000 tons of CO2eq or more annually from 2022. Encourage other emitters, especially those public sector institutions, conduct greenhouse gas inventories and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Developing a total greenhouse gas emission quota and organizing the allocation of greenhouse gas emission quotas to greenhouse gas-emitting facilities must carry out a greenhouse gas inventory from 2026.
- By 2050:
Develop and implement an action plan to reduce methane emissions by 2050 to reduce methane emissions by 27.6% compared to 2030. Develop and implement a plan to manage and eliminate substances causing greenhouse gas effects, substances that deplete the ozone layer by 2050. Continue to develop and implement plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions of all sectors according to the roadmap to achieve net emissions of "0" in 2050.
Carry out a greenhouse gas inventory and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for establishments that emit 2,000 tons of CO2eq or more annually from 2030; 500 tons of CO2eq or more from 2040; 200 tons of CO2eq or more by 2050. All public sector establishments must conduct a greenhouse gas inventory and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in daily activities has become a matter of business ethics and social responsibility of organizations and businesses.
b) Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by sector
- Energy field
Regarding the power supply:
Promote the implementation of solutions for developing clean energy, economical and efficient use of energy and breakthrough technological solutions in the future while ensuring energy security.
Continue to develop small hydroelectric plants selectively, up to standards on environmental protection; expand a number of medium-sized hydropower plants to maximize the efficiency of hydroelectricity. Increasing the capacity of concentrated solar power plants, rooftop solar power, onshore wind power, offshore wind power, biomass power, development of hydrogen fuel technologies, ammonia, tidal energy technology, waves. By 2030, the proportion of renewable energy sources including hydroelectricity, wind power, solar power, biomass will account for at least 33% of total electricity generation. By 2050, renewable energy will account for at least 55% of total electricity generation.
Gradual conversion of coal power to cleaner energy sources; reduce the proportion of fossil fuel sources, do not develop new coal-fired power projects after 2030, gradually reduce the scale of coal power capacity after 2035; step by step apply technology to convert to clean, zero-emission fuels for fossil fuel-using plants, towards reducing the maximum amount of fossil fuels for power generation by 2050.
Research and application of carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology for power plants using fossil fuels and industrial production facilities.
Regarding energy use:
Strengthen the implementation of solutions for economical and efficient use of energy and promote the shift to using clean energy in the fields of industry, agriculture, transportation, services, commerce and civil.
Building buildings and houses against heat, using green cooling solutions, relying on nature to reduce urban heat island effects, using materials with low greenhouse gas emissions, and recycled materials. Promote energy efficiency solutions and innovative business models for cooling and air-conditioning equipment, smart lighting systems.
Efficient use of energy in transportation through the application of fuel consumption standards and emission norms. Develop and implement a roadmap to switch to using clean fuel for vehicles; gradually increase the proportion of electric and hydrogen vehicles, develop a green transport infrastructure system.
Restructuring the transport market, including the transition from road transport to inland and coastal waterways; converting from road transport to railway, increasing rail freight traffic.
- Agriculture sector
Applying measures to reduce emissions in the agricultural sector through management measures, technological innovation in cultivation and animal husbandry, change in land use methods, development of low-emission agricultural value chains and post-harvest processing and storage.
Sustainable organic agriculture development, crop structure transformation, integrated crop management, increased farming area irrigated economically, smart irrigation for wet rice cultivation and long-term crops; transforming agricultural farming models towards low emission; improve feed rations in livestock.
Reusing crop by-products and treating livestock waste as organic fertilizer, generating biogas; applying composting and reducing chemical fertilizers; replace urea with low emission fertilizers.
Apply advanced measures in agricultural production to reduce methane emissions from rice farming and animal husbandry. Reduce postharvest food loss and associated emissions through improved agricultural logistics and sustainable cold chain development.
- Forestry and land use
Protect existing natural forest areas in mountainous and coastal areas in order to strictly control forest conversion, deforestation and forest degradation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Plant new protection forests and special-use forests with native tree species to enhance carbon sequestration. Improve quality and carbon stock of poor natural forests through additional planting and enriching forests to increase carbon sequestration.
Improve the productivity and quality of plantations to increase carbon sequestration and reduce emissions through the application of technical advances, converting short-cycle plantations to long-cycle plantations; reduce logging of planted forests for woodchip production.
Sustainable forest management and forest certification to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation control, forest fires and biomass burning; increase GHG absorption through increasing forest quality, conserving biodiversity and improving ecosystem services. Developing and replicating agro-forestry models through additional planting of forestry and timber trees to increase carbon sequestration and combat land degradation, giving priority to sloping lands.
- Waste field
Implement measures to manage, minimize waste generation from production to consumption, increase reuse and recycling of waste.
Develop models for integrated solid waste management. Apply advanced measures in solid waste treatment including: landfill with gas collection (LFG), semi-aerobic landfill; produce compost from organic waste; burning solid waste to generate electricity; Production of fuel pellets from solid waste.
Apply advanced measures in waste and wastewater treatment to reduce methane emissions.
- The field of industrial processes and industrial product use
Improving, developing and applying technology in the production of building materials; develop and use energy-saving and green building materials in the residential and commercial sectors. Replacing coal with natural gas in the production of ceramic tiles; use of alternative materials in glass production. Implement solutions for blast furnace slag crushing, fly ash crushing, puzzolana crushing and limestone crushing instead, reducing clinker ratio in cement production. Application of carbon capture technology in cement production fields. Gradually reduce the use of Hydro-chloro-fluoro-carbon (HCFC) and Hydro-fluoro-carbon (HFC) refrigerants in cold chain, refrigeration and building air conditioning systems; improve cooling efficiency, reduce cooling demand and refrigerant consumption through building design and passive cooling solutions; promote the recovery, reuse, destruction and recycling of refrigerants and move towards the use of refrigerants with low global warming potential (GWP).
3. Reviewing and perfecting mechanisms, promoting potentials and resources to effectively respond to climate change
a) Review and perfect mechanisms and policies to strengthen state management of climate change
- Reviewing, commenting and proposing amendments and supplements to mechanisms, policies, laws on climate change, national standards and regulations in line with the goal of achieving "zero" net emissions by year 2050. Reviewing and commenting on amendments and supplements to specialized laws, strategies, master plans and development plans for the period 2021 - 2030 in line with the Strategic objectives on climate change adaptation and reduce greenhouse gas emissions; restrict the exploitation and export of timber.
- Completing regulations on management of activities to adapt to climate change; establish and operate a system of monitoring and evaluation of climate change adaptation activities at sectoral and provincial levels for climate change adaptation activities; identify projects and tasks to adapt to climate change; evaluate the effectiveness of climate change adaptation activities. Integrate climate change adaptation and greenhouse gas emission reduction content into urban development planning to reduce energy and resource needs and increase local adaptability to climate change.
- Develop and promulgate policies to encourage investment in emission reduction in various fields; trade and development policies promoting sustainable development; produce and consume goods sustainably and without deforestation and forest degradation; sustainable agriculture, promoting food security and avoiding harm to the environment.
b) Communicating, raising awareness and engaging the community
- Diversify information methods, exploit the advantages of digital technology, improve the quality of communication on the mass media in order to provide complete, accurate and timely information on forecasts, hydrometeorology, forecasting and warning of natural disasters for government agencies at all levels, organizations and households.
- Develop and implement provincial-level communication programs, organize training courses for authorities at all levels, social organizations and communities to raise awareness, disseminate and update knowledge and information on natural disasters, climate change adaptation and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions towards net zero emissions, information on technology of the future and related skills; guiding, disseminating knowledge and training skills on natural disaster prevention and control, especially skills in responding to serious and complicated natural disaster situations.
- Preserving and promoting traditional culture and local knowledge, propagating and replicating activities and application models of environmentally friendly technology, renewable technology, using clean and adaptive energy with climate change and low greenhouse gas emissions, community model adapting to climate change, community model reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Communication, awareness raising and community participation, in sustainable forest and forestry development, mangrove ecosystem restoration, community-based, nature-based livelihood models and climate change adaptation models while enhancing greenhouse gas sequestration and biodiversity conservation.
c) Human resource development
- Develop and implement training, retraining and retraining programs on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction, using renewable energy and new energy.
- Strengthen the capacity of enterprises in accessing and participating in the implementation of programs and projects under the mechanisms of exchange, offsetting of carbon credits and development of the carbon market.
- Develop and improve the quality of civil servants on greenhouse gas inventory, assessment of greenhouse gas emission reduction, carbon market development, ozone layer protection, climate change adaptation meet management requirements and conform to the roadmap, domestic regulations and international treaties on climate change to which Vietnam is a member.
d) Development of science and technology
- Review and comment on mechanisms and policies related to promoting technology transfer and innovation to respond to climate change; assessment of technology needs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions; building a list of clean, low-carbon technologies in manufacturing industries to promote application, technology transfer and investment mobilization.
- Strengthen scientific research, development and technology transfer, giving priority to focus on high technology, new and modern technology in converting energy production towards clean, economical and efficient use of energy. fruit; using new low-emission, climate-friendly fuels and materials; waste treatment; seizing and burying carbon; effectively manage and exploit natural resources; development and application of renewable energy, new energy, energy storage; acquire, apply and develop plant and animal varieties adapted to climate change.
- Integrate research into solutions to apply technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, adapt to climate change, and suit the conditions of Quang Binh province.
d) Mobilizing financial resources to respond to climate change
- Review and comment on amendments and supplements to favorable mechanisms and policies to attract investment capital flows to respond to climate change, encourage the participation of businesses and people to implement activities to adapt to climate change, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, build low-emission communities, manage and use resources rationally and protect the environment in association with sustainable livelihood development.
- Develop a process for allocating state budget and making public investment plans, plans and state budget estimates to ensure efficient allocation and use of climate change response activities; prioritize the allocation of investment resources from the state budget or use of grants, grants or concessional loans to implement climate change adaptation works and projects with co-benefits with socio-economic development and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Develop and apply investment incentive and incentive policies, mechanisms and economic tools to unlock social resources and effectively mobilize financial resources of the business sector to respond to climate change. and mobilize resources from supporting investment projects on agricultural production adapting to climate change from legal foreign capital; identify programs and projects that bring high economic efficiency and contribute to the implementation of climate change response goals for businesses to implement through forms of cooperation between the state and businesses, between domestic and foreign investors, giving priority to projects applying technologies and solutions to convert from fossil energy to renewable energy and improve energy efficiency.
- Review, suggest amendments and supplements to mechanisms and policies to remove obstacles in procedures, attract investment capital flows and green financial flows of financial institutions and credit institutions; attracting international corporations, multinational corporations to cooperate in implementing projects, especially projects to transform energy production and consumption in the province.
e) Promote international cooperation in response to climate change
Promote international cooperation in research, development and application of potential greenhouse gas emission reduction technologies such as carbon capture and storage, green hydrogen energy development, energy batteries, nuclear energy nuclear and other potential new energy sources; implement solutions to adapt to climate change and sea level rise; forecast, warn and have appropriate response solutions to the transboundary impacts of climate change response activities in the world. Periodically update and implement Nationally Determined Contributions, local Climate Change Adaptation Plans and climate change reports.
III. Implementation organization
1. Department of Natural Resources and Environment
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with provincial-level departments, agencies, branches, People's Committees of districts, towns, cities and relevant units in organizing the implementation of the contents of this Plan.
- Lead and coordinate with departments, agencies, sectors and localities to identify key programs, projects, and tasks to implement international commitments on climate change and achieve emission targets, net equal to "0" in each specific period, submit it to the Provincial People's Committee for consideration and decision. Guiding the integration and integration of climate change response content into development master plans and plans.
- Organize the formulation and promulgation of action plans to respond to climate change every 10 years at the provincial level; integrate and integrate objectives, tasks and solutions into the content of provincial planning and socio-economic development plans in accordance with the actual situation of the locality.
- Organize assessment of impacts, vulnerabilities, risks, losses and damages due to climate change; strengthen inspection and supervision of greenhouse gas emission reduction activities of greenhouse gas emission facilities located in the locality.
- Organizing the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the results of the implementation of the tasks set out in the Plan according to its competence; prioritize the allocation of budget for activities to implement the Plan.
- Developing and implementing communication, awareness raising, training, quality improvement activities and restructuring the contingent of cadres, civil servants and public employees working in response to climate change locally.
- Take the lead in guiding, inspecting, monitoring and evaluating and annually, before December 31, report to the Provincial People's Committee on the implementation of the Plan.
2. Department of Planning and Investment
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with other departments, agencies, sectors and localities in reviewing and updating strategies, provincial planning and 5-year socio-economic development plans to ensure synchronization, in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Lead and advise the Provincial People's Committee to coordinate in reviewing, amending and supplementing investment mechanisms and policies; regulations on management and use of official development assistance capital and foreign donors' concessional loans to remove obstacles in procedures and facilitate the flow of development investment capital, investment flows and investment flows, green finance of financial institutions, international credit institutions into Vietnam.
- Coordinate with relevant departments, agencies, branches and localities to advise the Provincial People's Committee to allocate capital sources under the task of spending development investment when balancing sources for activities to respond to climate change; mobilize and coordinate domestic and foreign funding sources to implement this Plan.
3. Department of Finance
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant departments, agencies, sectors and agencies in reviewing, adjusting and submitting to competent authorities for approval policies on finance, investment, support to create favorable conditions for implementation of the Plan.
- Pursuant to the provisions of law, balance and allocate the state budget and recurrent expenditures for the implementation of the Plan.
4. Departments: Industry and Trade, Transport, Agriculture and Rural Development, Construction
- Review and comment on amendments and supplements to specialized laws, strategies, master plans and sectoral plans in line with the objectives of climate change adaptation and greenhouse gas emission reduction; develop and implement a plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in all fields according to the roadmap to achieve net emissions of "zero" by 2050.
- Strengthening the capacity to implement the results of attending the COP26 Conference in the province. Contribute to the improvement of regulations, processes and technical guidelines on greenhouse gas inventory, the system of “measure, report, appraise” activities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions at grassroots level.
- Organize the implementation of the grassroots GHG inventory and prepare the grassroots GHG inventory report every two years for 2024 and later in accordance with the law.
5. Other relevant departments, departments and branches
- To organize the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the results of the implementation of the tasks set out in the Plan according to its competence, ensuring consistency and synchronization; prioritize the allocation of budget for activities to implement the Plan.
- Integrate goals, tasks and solutions into the development plan of the sector or field under its management in accordance with the actual situation.
- Actively develop and implement propaganda and awareness raising activities, organize seminars, exchange experiences, and provide training on climate change response according to assigned functions and tasks.
6. People's Committees of districts, towns and cities
- Bring into play the potential and advantages of each locality to implement tasks and solutions to adapt to climate change, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and participate in programs and projects under the exchange mechanism. , offsetting carbon credits.
- Developing and implementing communication, awareness raising, training, quality improvement activities and restructuring the contingent of cadres, civil servants and public employees working in response to climate change locally.
7. Request the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Quang Binh province, socio-political organizations according to their functions and tasks to actively participate in activities to respond to climate change; actively coordinate with departments, agencies, sectors and localities in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Plan.
8. Encourage the participation of stakeholders, including the business community, socio-professional organizations, NGOs, national and international organizations in coordination with other departments. , departments, sectors and localities and actively implement, propose initiatives to promote adaptation to climate change, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, participate in the implementation process and evaluate actual results.
IV. Implementation resources
Capital sources for the implementation of the Plan include capital from the state budget, capital of organizations and individuals, international funding and other lawfully mobilized capital sources as prescribed by law.
- For capital sources from the state budget, comply with current state decentralization. Departments, departments, branches and localities shall base themselves on the objectives and tasks stated in the Plan to develop investment projects or estimate funds for specific tasks and comply with current regulations.
- Promote the mobilization of financial resources from organizations, individuals, domestic and foreign enterprises participating in the implementation of the Plan in accordance with the law; integrate tasks assigned to departments, branches and localities in other relevant target programs.
Request provincial-level departments, agencies, and People's Committees of districts, towns and cities to seriously and effectively implement them. In the course of implementation, if there are difficulties, problems, need to amend and supplement specific contents, relevant departments, agencies, branches, units, People's Committees of districts and towns , the city proactively proposes and sends it to the Department of Natural Resources and Environment to summarize and report to the Provincial People's Committee for consideration and decision./.
Scheme on attracting, restructuring and improving quality of labor resources in Binh Phuoc province in a period of 2021 - 2025, orientation to 2030
Plan on improving quality of human resources to 2025 and orientation to 2030
Program on conservation and development of Vietnamese craft villages in a period of 2021 - 2030
Implementation plan of marine aquaculture development project in Ninh Binh province to 2030 with a vision to 2045
Plan on implementing national environmental protection strategy to 2030 with a vision to 2050 in Kien Giang province
Plan on implementing Decision No. 327/QD-TTG dated March 10, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving the project on developing sustainable and effective wood processing industry in the period of 2021-2030 in Gia Lai province
Action plan on implementing strategy of sustainable agricultural and rural development in a period of 2022-2030 with a vision to 2050 in Hanoi city
Plan on implementing Decision No.923/QD-TTG dated August 2, 2022 of the Prime Minister approving science and technology program for new rural construction in a period of 2021-2025 in Vinh Long province
Plan on implementing strategy of sustainable agricultural and rural development in Bac Kan province in a period of 2021 - 2030 with a vision to 2050
Action plan on implementing livestock development strategy in a period of 2022-2030 with a vision to 2045 in Hanoi city
Implementation plan of Vietnam's forestry development strategy for a period of 2021-2030 with a vision to 2050 in Gia Lai province
National master plan in a period of 2021-2030, vision to 2050
Program on strengthening environmental protection, food safety and rural clean water supply in building new countryside in a period of 2021-2025
Digital transformation program on building new countryside, towards smart new countryside in a period of 2021 - 2025