Dong Thap provinceMonday, February 18,2019
AsemconnectVietnam - Trade development in province of Dong Thap both on basis of conformity with common socio-economic development plan of the province and contribute to process of economic restructure and settle synchronously agricultural, farmers, rural problems and assign social labor in direction of creating more dynamic elements of production and competitiveness of agricultural products, developing potential and comparative advantages of province
1. Development viewpoint.
1.1. Trade development in province of Dong Thap both on basis of conformity with common socio-economic development plan of the province and contribute to process of economic restructure and settle synchronously agricultural, farmers, rural problems and assign social labor in direction of creating more dynamic elements of production and competitiveness of agricultural products, developing potential and comparative advantages of province.
1.2. Trade development of Dong Thap province links inextricably with development of the country and the Mekong River Delta, southern key economic region, especially with development of market in Ho Chi Minh City , Can Tho city on basis of strengthening economic links to form network of supply and consumption.
Regarding practice, Dong Thap province is not large, development resource are not much and does not bring many development advantages for Dong Thap province over other provinces such as Tien Giang, Long An, Ca Mau, Kien Giang. Thus, to have larger advantages development, Dong Thap have to rely on economic links with other provinces and achieve economies of scale. Naturally within economic links, trade will have a chance to develop, both serve as an important bridge.
Therefore, this development viewpoint also means that, in a period of 2010 - 2015 - 2020, Dong Thap trade must create opportunities to link economy with around province, strengthen direct access to market in Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho city and quickly build and strengthen goods channels between Dong Thap provinces with provinces in these area.
For non State-owned trade, development viewpoint is to ensure convenience, flexibility in purchase and sale of products and goods.
For subjects which are big business in and outside the province, development viewpoint is to ensure that they develop best organizational capabilities and quality of their business.
For retail or collection of products business subject, development viewpoint is to ensure spatial distribution, density of needs and increasing pace of implementation of social demand on market.
2.1. Production value and added value.
Output value of trade to 2010 (under comparing price in 1994) reaches VND 2,022.8 billion, average growth rate in a period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 8.13% per year. To 2015, reaches VND 3,430.9 billion and VND 5,972.2 billion in 2020, average growth rate in a period of 2011-2015 is 11.15% and 11.72% in a period of 2016-2020.
Added value of trade branch at comparing prices in 2010 reaches VND 1,219.6 billion, average growth rate in 2006-2010 period reaches 11.79% per year. To 2015, it is expected to reach VND 2,339.7 billion and VND 4,476.7 billion in 2020; growth rate in a period of 2011-2015 is 13.92% and 13.86% in a period of 2016-2020.
It forecasts that annual average growth rate of total retail sales of goods and services in 2006-2010 period is 21.76% per year, reach VND 20,535 billion, in 2011-2015 period reaches VND 37,771 billion, an average growth rate is 12.96% per year and in period 2016-2020 reaches VND 68,105 billion, average growth rate reaches 12.51% per year ( in 2006-2010 period, forecasts of the wholly country is 15%, in next periods are 10 %).
It forecasts that growth rate of wholesale in period 2007-2010 is 17% per year, next stage remains at 12% per year.
Striving to 2010, export value reaches $ 400 million, annual average growth rate reaches 18.84% per year; to 2015 export turnover reaches $ 839 million, in 2020 is $ 1,688 million, growth rate in a period of 2011-2015 is 14.73%, 2016-2020 is 15.01% per annum, the whole period of 2011-2020 is 14.87% per year.
Export items: Some key items include seafood, rice, fresh fruit, juice, garments products and shrimp chip; potential items: products processed from agricultural products (instant products, canned straw mushrooms, lotus seeds, caltrops...), terracotta pottery, crafts and fine art; medicines, pharmaceuticals and other items as temporary import for re-export such as petroleum, fertilizer; A number of industry products have high technology content, such as electrical products, electronic ...
By 2010, import turnover of about $ 390 million (under constructed plans to 2010, import value is $ 350 million, but due to world fuel prices continue to rise, it need to adjust import turnover in 2010 to around $ 390 million), in 2015 import turnover is about $ 588 million and $ 1,084 million in 2020, growth rate in 2006-2010 period is 11.39%, 2011-2015 period is 1.25% and 3.17% in 2016 - 2020 period.
Import goods are mainly petroleum, pharmaceutical raw materials, garment raw materials.
2.6. Investment capital
Total capital investment in commercial fields of Dong Thap in 2020 ( under constant prices in 1994) is VND 5,696 billion (at current price is VND 12,964 billion), including investment capital for projects of constructing commercial infrastructure at current price is VND 1,113 billion.
It is expected that in 2010, number of business establishments is 75,200 with number of employees of 133,000 people, by 2020 121,550 establishments and 227,000 workers.
Labor skill: it is expected that in year of 2010, number of trained employees is 53,200 people accounting for 40% of total employees ( out of which vocational training is 26.6% with a corresponding number of employees of 35,378 people), by 2020 number of trained employees is 113,500 people, accounting for 50% of total trade labor ( out of which vocational training is 33% with a corresponding number of employees of 74,910 people).
Under Dong Thap province’s overall plan on socio-economic development by 2020, some indicators of socio-economic development of the province in 2010 and 2020 (Option II) are:
- Average growth rate of GDP (1994 prices) is 14.5% per year in a period of 2006 - 2010, 15.1% in a period of 2011-2015 and 14% in a period of 2016-2020, in average increasing by 14. 5% / year in 15 years.
- Population: 1.73 million people by 2010 and about 1.91 million people by 2020.
- Percentage of urban population: 33.91%.
- Annual growth rate of added value of service area (in 1994 constant prices): 19.9% in 2010 and 16.5% in 2020.
- To restructure the economy:
By 2010, in GDP: ratio of trade and services accounts for 33.1%, industry accounting for 25.24% and 41.66% is agriculture. By 2020, trade and services accounts for 33.98%, industry - construction accounts for 44.01% and agriculture accounting for 22.01% .
- Total investment capital in commercial fields of Dong Thap in 2020 at constant prices in 1994 is VND 5,696 billion (at current price is VND 12,964 billion), out of which, investment capital for constructing trade infrastructure under current price is VND 1,099.5 billion.
Base on key indicators of socio-economic development and base on development situation in a period of 2001 - 2005, it forecast that indicators of trade development ( at constant prices in 1994) of Dong Thap province under plans as follows:
Selection Option: Comparing two schemes, plan I is a major plan to maintain current growth rates. Option II is breakthrough of trade but still have high feasible if it have ability to meet capital investment in periods. So, Dong Thap province need to choose option II for trade development in accordance with development objectives of Dong Thap province in periods (2007-2020).
1. Development orientations of commodity market systems in province of Dong Thap.
1.1. Develop market system for industrial consumer goods
* In urban areas:
+ Focused trade –service area (general).
+ Trade Center.
+ Trade – Service Cooperatives.
+ Specialized shops, general stores.
+ Trade street.
+ Ancillary services zone.
+ General agents or franchise.
- Develop businesses of string to attract more diverse investment resources for development of modern distribution network, out of which, it should develop link string in form of franchising and voluntary links sequence of specialized shops to increase their competitiveness.
- Adjust, sort and upgrade traditional trade, such as limiting spread of counters, grocery stores everywhere, controll through size and number of this type in each zone sector, encouraging large stores to purchase or merger of small grocery store to large brandnam enterprises, encourage small shops convert into specialized supermarkets, stalls, small grocery stores join coalitions to purchase or sell goods.
- Improve trade street to become a clue in downtown area - service center, ensuring that requirements of modern cultural identity and offers traditional business, fix state of development coincides repeated in stores or shops in town.
- Develop business networks in building materials, automobiles, furniture, appliances in direction of developing large scale , general business chain.
- Develop modern methods to sell consumer goods to encourage sales through general agent, franchise, including functions of processing, installation, storage and application of commercial electronics. Encourage development of business methods on basis of links and joint ventures chain of small business.
- Develop consumption retail market and general specialized supermarket.
- Development of logistics network to provide centralized synchronization of logistics distribution.
* In rural areas:
+ Retail market.
+ Convenience store, grocery store.
+ Trade – service cooperatives.
- Encourage and support development of commercial enterprises and networks become major distributors of consumption goods in rural markets.
- Upgrade and expand retail market in communal areas, encourage traders operating in markets, establish goods purchase alliances from market around region to create fair basis for developing chain of specialized, general and convenience stores.
- Development of general trade-service cluster.
1.2. Develop market system of production material
+ Wholesale center.
+ Large wholesale enterprises.
+ Provide direct from production to final consumption.
- Develop various forms to encourage wholesale procurement with major products, bulk and supply goods directly to reduce costs.
- Encourage and support development of private large-scale wholesale enterprises.
- Develop auxiliary raw material transaction center for each product sector.
* Development of agricultural market system
+ Central wholesale market, wholesale markets and interdisciplinary subjects.
+ Contract to purchase agricultural products.
+ Center for import and export of agricultural products.
- Encourage development of wholesale markets, traditional retail stores, general large-scale farm product wholesale supermarket.
- Encourage and support chain of food supermarkets and stores in urban areas, purchases directly in rural areas and encourage and support producers, suppliers of agricultural products sold in supermarkets, shops in urban areas.
- Develop agricultural product wholesale markets in direction of modern professional sales and auctions, gradually apply method of payment through electronic systems for linking enterprises with agricultural producers.
- Upgrading retail market.
* Develop forms of common market
- Seasonality market .
- Display area and ordered samples.
- Goods transaction.
2. Development orientation of trade space of Dong Thap province
Base on advantages and limitations in commercial development, development plan of areas of production, transportation network plan, socio-economic development plan and development plan of urban systems and rural residential areas of Dong Thap province in 2020 to consider layout of commercial space in current period and following years, especially in key areas. When completing highway N1, N2, they will connects southern key economic region through Dong Thap Muoi and Long Xuyen quadrangle and ability to develop economic exchanges between Mekong river delta with ASEAN through border with Cambodia. Dong Thap has an important position as gateway of Long Xuyen quadrangle and gate economic zone of north Tien river towards southern key economic region, convenient for transportation goods outside the province.
Due to development of economic links, trade between provinces of Dong Thap with provinces in ME Kong river delta; by efficient organizational requirements of commercial space , so waterway, road fo Dong Thap is importance in development of trade. Thus, organization of commercial space of Dong Thap in a period from now to 2010, 2015 and in 2020 toward centralization (clue of business and technical facilities) by area, region to enhance economic regions of the province. In which, development and organization role of commercial activities in the locality and between the province of Dong Thap with the outside promoted in center of the province ( Cao Lanh city), regional centers (towns of Sa Dec, Hong Ngu) and in district capitals. In Cao Lanh city, its role also raise to correspond with development of market size, development level of production and consumption level of urban areas defined as urban level III.
This is a development model of commercial space basing on capabilities of develop internal resources of each district and each area of Dong Thap province. Which contains organizations of both inter-provincial trade and foreign trade in districts of the province. Also, especially important matter in organizational model of commercial space is to create to promote ability to consume strongly goods, especially agricultural products, aquatic products from the province, firstly market in Ho Chi Minh city. On other hand, organization of iner-province commercial activities in the province must also comply with principle of gradually concentration basing on practical development of commercial areas in the province to increase size of the channel, flow of goods and efficiency in process of organizing, implementing goods circulation.
3. Development orientation of channels of circulation of goods of Dong Thap province.
Process of forming and developing exchange of goods or movement of channels, flows of goods within wide or narrow scale is objective on basis of development process of production and consumption with seperate characteristics of each region, locality; labor division and cooperation in region, process of developing transportation systems and other infrastructure conditions. On that basis and basing socio-economic development plan of Dong Thap province in 2020, identify organizational orientation of goods circulation channel in the province, as follows:
* For agricultural products circulation channel:
- Agricultural products serve directly to residential consumers : organization direction of this goods channel is to ensure technical infrastructure conditions, economic base for products from producers (farmers) through market system, or through small business households, trade-service cooperative, commercial enterprises purchase directly in production household and consumption in the region, in the province, other provinces and for export. In which, it needs to pay special attention to form hubs, processing facilities or points of distribution and consumption in markets of Ho Chi Minh city to develop channels of agricultural products between Dong Thap province and Ho Chi Minh city. Also, constantly expanding economic exchanges with other provinces all over the country (such as links with the Central Highlands or northern mountain provinces to provide rice and purchase coffee, rubber, tea from the provinces).
* For materials, industrial consumer goods circulation channel:
- Goods come straight from manufacturing enterprises through its own distribution network or dealers (of all economic sectors) of this enterprises to different markets.
- Goods exploited from market outside the province, including imports will be mainly made by commercial enterprises in difference areas belonging to all economic sectors to organize exploitation and consumption (including exports) with difference business methods according to capabilities of organizing business network of each enterprises.
4. Development orientation of export - import of Dong Thap province
In period of 1996-2005, import-export value as well as commodities and import-export markets of Dong Thap province are still small size, and very little list of goods.
Firstly, general , important orientation on import - export of Dong Thap province is to expand partnerships, joint ventures, economic links between Dong Thap province with other provinces, with great import – export companies in the country (particularly large export enterprises in Ho Chi Minh City) to organize production, processing and exploitation of sources of export goods to be produced or import machinery, equipment, materials for production in the province.
Thirdly, development orientation of export - import market on basis of level of production and consumption in the province, capacity of import - export of local companies, ability to create products for export and import needs of local as well as evaluating prospects of export markets for products of Dong Thap, market development orientation of Dong Thap province should focus first and foremost priority for Asian market, European markets, the United States, Japan, and to fully exploit export-import business opportunities through big export-import enterprises.
5. Development orientations of economic sectors taking part in trade in province of Dong Thap.
Most important orientation of the State commercial development at present generally is to have sufficient capacity and credibility to keep leading role in commercial activities to ensure firm socio-economic development and ensure interests of producers and consumers. However, along with a process of renewing economic management mechanism in our country today, the leading role of State-owned commercial component has also changes due to economy market rules, because production development satisfies residential consumption needs, capacity of State management agencies to be improved ... The State-owned commercial enterprises have not completely true as representation, a tool of the State for implementing policy of social products distribution. Instead, the State-owned commercial enterprises is an important force in promoting economic restructuring, consumption, especially in direction of exports. Furthermore, commercial activities in this regard, in terms of Dong Thap, will be dominated strongly by large businesses in major commercial cities of Ho Chi Minh (including State enterprises and other economic sectors). Thus, commercial development orientation of the State-owned sector in Dong Thap province, as follows:
- On development orientation of organization model of the State-owned trade: organization of the State-owned commercial enterprises in model of enterprise network, the State-owned enterprises will be a clues, “millipedes legs” of all economic sectors in key markets both inside and outside the province. In that model, links is created not by administrative measures but pooling fund , commission rate, price mechanism ...
Develop retail trade enterprises of all economic sectors according to models as:
+ Supermarket, range of small and medium supermarket.
+ Trade Center.
+ Type of stores: general stores, self-service store, specialized shops, boutiques, shops, duty free shops, discount stores, showroom, second hand stores, grocery stores.
+ General market, specialized markets.
+ Retail branches of manufacturers.
Mobile sales network (no a fixed location, a certain store) as sale person at home who come to household to showcase and sales, mobile sales vehicles in residential areas, car sales in street, early markets, night markets, weekly markets...
7. Orientation of distributing structure of wholesale and retail of Dong Thap province’s trade
- General wholesale trade center of industrial appliance: Area includes many wholesale enterprises, commercial brokers, manufacturers' warehouses, storehouses of wholesalers and retailers, other support enterprises...
- Material wholesale distribution center: Area for manufacturers, trade representatives, wholesale company ... often display sample, sale exhibition, goods introduction and production goods wholesale.
8. Development orientation of auxiliary service for trade
- Auxiliary services related to goods delivery process such as storage, warehouse, assembly, sorting and classification of goods in large quantities, handling and redistribution of goods with small volumes; delivery services, refrigeration services; promotional services implementated by the wholesale and other services related business of retailers (processing for sales ... ) warehouses service and car parking.
- Need to professionalize support services in accordance with process of industrialization, modernization and socialization of trade and centralization of investment of ancillary services areas of trade to ensure supply of adequate and convenience service, lower costs for distributors.
- Need to organize support services in areas such as specialized multi-sector wholesale markets , center of warehouse - shipping, trade center ... encourage and support auxiliary service providers applying advanced methods, equipment and technology.
- To attract resources towards socialization to development of auxiliary services of trade.
9. Development orientation of trade facilities in Dong Thap province.
Basis for constructing trade technical infrastructure development orientation in Dong Thap province, as follows:
- Base on urban, rural development plan of Dong Thap province and production areas development plan in a period to 2010 and orientation until 2020.
- Base on objectives of socio-economic development as well as forecasts of production scale, consumption scale, as well as output of certain products of Dong Thap province.
- Base on commercial space development orientation, primarily channels and flows of goods of province of Dong Thap and different orientations.
10. Development orientation of facilities for state-owned commercial enterprises in Dong Thap.
Consistent with direction of the State-run commercial component development of Dong Thap province, may determine development orientation of infrastructure of these components as follows:
- Pay attention to construction of infrastructure systems for organization of purchasing, processing, classifying and enhancing commercial value of agricultural products and aquatic products which are sold in markets of other provinces, or supply raw materials for processing facilities or direct export.
- Enhance facilities and support equipment for business activities, such as media, office equipment… ...
IV. Trade development plan of Dong Thap to 2020.
1. Plan under trade space of Dong Thap province.
In principle, arrangement of trade space plan of the province must satisfy basic requirements: firstly, just to ensure focus, just to ensure equal distribution throughout territory of Dong Thap province ; secondly, to create expanded and developed commercial space from center, region, district capitals, wholesale market. May plan to develop commercial space within province of Dong Thap in three levels:
1.1. Basic level: take communal markets as developed clues in conjunction with store, point of sale (of all economic sectors) to form trade zones or clusters directly serve demand of production and consumption of the people ...
Regional center or trade-service area of the district having conditions to grow because:
- The area has many small business households, high rate of non-agricultural labor and branch structure is relatively diversified.
- Locate in heart of a district, an area, an areas of production, conditions of infrastructure is relatively developed.
- Population density is quite concentrated and very large demand for consumption.
1.2. Provincial center level: Built in socio -economic centers of the province (metropolitan areas of city of Cao Lanh) under development orientation of economic areas in overall socio-economic development planand overall rural residential area and urban system development plan of province of Dong Thap by 2020.
Specifically, space of Dong Thap province will form trade - service center area in Cao Lanh city as follows:
Three levels of trade does separatesbut overlapping each other due to ability to organize to attract flows of goods or delivery consumption goods from trade zones for communes, districts, in the province. At the same time, center level, trade complexes in the province have recently joined together in organizing goods sources and consumption, while also having independence to each other in exploitation of markets of other provinces, particularly a market in Ho Chi Minh city.
Thus, arrangement of trade development plan of Dong Thap province under space to promote endogenous capacity of provincial economy and gradually orient economic activity in markets outside the province and outside the country. In which, commercial space has followed development of production and consumption in the province, according to plan of urban development of the province until 2020 and may promote its effects on economic activity of Dong Thap province, especially for agriculture and rural areas and some zones will be built in a period of 2007 - 2010 and develop strongly since 2010.
Process of implementation of plan: construction of commercial space under above mentioned plan will be implemented during a period from now to 2020, including:
- Period of 2007 - 2010: focus on developing trade service center in downtown of Cao Lanh city and trade street, zones in towns of Hong Ngu, Sa Dec, initially forming a number of areas, clusters of trade and services in centers of districts of Thanh Binh, Cao Lanh , Lai Vung, ...At the same time, gradually preparing basic conditions of technical economic infrastructure trade - service zone in all of districts in the province.
2. Plan on economic sectors involving on trade.
This is a content to layout balance forces participating in trade in Dong Thap provinces to implement well goals of socio-economic development in general and commercial development in particular. Under development status of trade components of Dong Thap province and under development orientation of economic sectors to participate in commercial activities as well as design of commercial space development in Dong Thap province from now to 2020 may be planed to develop economic sectors involving in trade in the province as follows:
+ Within commercial space in Dong Thap province, commercial state should be concentrated in growing strongly in centers, trade- service zones. Out of which, in Cao Lanh city, towns of Hong Ngu, Sa Dec and the State –run trade plays important role of a center; in downtown area, the province should adopt appropriate mechanisms and policies for the State-run commercial enterprises to associate with other components to organize commercial activities, establishing business systems.
+ In process of trade, the State-run commerce plays role of organization with participation of business directly or through inter-sectoral coordination to create participation motivation of other economic sectors. Specifically, the State-run commerce in Dong Thap province need to participate actively in process of purchasing agricultural, fisheries products and exports. In retail trade, the State-owned commercial should research and apply modern service models, firstly at a trade center of Cao Lanh city, towns of Hong Ngu, Sa Dec, depending on development process of consumption level and improve income of residents in the area. In addition, the State-run commerce should coordinate with other competent agencies to adjust material price and purchase products, monitor quality of consumed goods in the province.
+ Develop this component of trade fairly on whole space of Dong Thap province. Out of which, in trade – service zones will develop cooperative of small traders, on basis of agricultural cooperatives will develop cooperative of serving directly demand of consuming products and supplying production materials for small producers in model of trade and service cooperatives.
+ In process of trade, it can view these components as commercial units that collect goods and retail goods directly on a small area. In terms of small-scale, scattered production, this trade elements is considered basic nuclear to promote process of linkages and market development on increasingly wider scale, especially process of linking farmers in rural areas to create a large enough scale of production and therefore higher efficiency of production in rural areas.
+ In a period from now to 2010, Dong Thap province should pay attention on developing cooperative complexes or supply - consumption cooperative of producers and business combination or trade – service co-operative of small traders. In which, trade - service cooperatives are seeds to grow into large distributor in the province.
- For private commerce: this is a necessary trade component in developing market economy conditions. This component create dynamic of flow of trade and economy. In condition of Dong Thap province, this trade component is planned to develop toward:
+ In commercial space , Dong Thap province will encourage these commercial components to develop: in city of Cao Lanh and towns of Sa Dec , Hong Ngu, will create favorable conditions for private enterprises to set up private enterprises, limited liability companies, joint stock company; in trade –service zones, depending on actual size to encourage establishment of private enterprises or combinations of consignment; in market will develop strongly business households which have a fixed, frequently business location, thereby raising business size of market, especially for outlying markets.
+ This trade component will be key force in market to perform function of circulation of goods, search and mining profits in circulation on basis of cost savings and search, exploitation and development of supply and consumption market of products with small and medium scale. Simultaneously, this trade component will also create major force to retail goods in market.
+ In a period from now to 2010, Dong Thap province should develop private commercial enterprises and joint stock companies, limited liability companies both in size and scope of business to become main force with the State-owned commerce developing the province's general commercial space toward outside market.
- For foreign invested commerce:
In general, trade enterprises in the province are small and medium-sized, business capital and business skills is still restricted; to help trade developing sustainable and dynamic, it should have suitable structures of trade components. So we need to create favorable conditions to attract foreign invested enterprises to do business in Dong Thap province in order to create a modern supply chains and meet increasing demand of customers and bring the province's agriculture and fishery products to the world.
3. Plan on development of trade form in province of Dong Thap
3.1. Network of trade center and supermarket
- Trade center are a form of modern and multi-functional business organization, including store types, basic services, meeting halls, meeting rooms, offices for rent ... arranged concentratively, continuously in one or several adjacent buildings, to meet standards of area, equipped with technical and managerial, business organization skills, has cultural ,smart, convenient methods, meet business development activities of private and satisfy demand for goods and services by customers. Under regulation of the Ministry of Trade (now the Ministry of Industry and Trade), organize a major and fully commercial center include office rent; Trade Information Center, conference center, exhibition fair center; agents of services related to commercial activities such as banks, stock market, customs, insurance, transport, brokerage, consulting ... and hotel apartments for rent; commodity trading center; shops and supermarkets, entertainment centers; parking.
In current situation, with tendency of narrowing retail State-owned trade system, non-State owned trade system are mostly small and commonly in small business can not afford large investments in trade facilities, so that development of market and technical infrastructure of markets for Dong Thap province in particular and other provinces in general, is primarily oriented to strengthen infrastructure to ensure implementation of activities trade within and outside the province. Market plan orientation of province of Dong Thap as follows:
- Gradually expand scope of market activity, associated market with organization of markets of fresh produce, live for consumption outside the area.
- Develop plans to upgrade technical facilities of market associated with requirements of implementation of trade civilization.
+ Method of licensing market business right for a State enterprise.
+ Bidding Method: By organizing bidding for -select-ion of units that have most effective business, exploitation plan.
+ Method of establishing market business joint-stock company: The State's capital which are invested in constructing market will be assigned to market management board to participate in company’s shares, raising share capital of any other component .
+ Market management dissolution methods and establish new business enterprises: managed organization model can be joint stock company, Ltd.,Co. private enterprises, cooperatives.
Gasoline retail network plan in Dong Thap province in 2010 was approved by Dong Thap province’s People Committee and issued by Decision No. 80/2004/QD-UB date September 01, 2004, under which, until 2010, there are maximum 350 gasoline retail stations in the province. According to a survey, to December 2006, total retail gasoline stations are 296.
It is expected that in 2020, Dong Thap province will have about 350 petrol stores, out of which, 71 stores are type I (of which 6 status stores, 5 stores in new construction, upgrading of 60 stores from category II to category I); 119 store type II (which built 20 new stores, upgrade from category II to category III 60 stores) and 156 stores type III.
With importance of goods stock system, in plan period, in province of Dong Thap need to build 2-3 overall stock (including logistics: gathering, processing, sorting, packing. .. goods to distribute to markets , commercial centers, supermarkets) in large urban areas like Cao Lanh city, Sa Dec town, Hong Ngu town (expected before 2010 Hong Ngu town becomes city grade III).
Currently, Dong Thap province have not form Trade Expo Center , activities of trade fairs and exhibitions in last time in Dong Thap province always takes place at location of culture center which is not designed for trade fair, exhibition, so arrangement of space does not match, the event is a "market" but not a "fair" and " exhibition ". In short time ahead to 2010, should be planned in Cao Lanh city a Trade Fair and Exhibition of Dong Thap province (possibly located in commercial center of city of Cao Lanh). To a period after 2010, it should plan in key economic regions: south ( Sa Dec town ) and north (Hong Ngu town) of province two trade fair and exhibition.
Commercial streets means that in major economic centers of the province has several main streets which are encouraged to develop business shops, forming attraction of city's purchase, province, districts and current tourists. Purchase form in commercial streets can be wholesale, retail, trading methods are modern that that in market.
A reality not only in Dong Thap province but in many provinces and cities nationwide: position plan of the State administrative agencies (like the People's Committee, departments, agencies) are often in central streets center of the province, thus contributing to development of trade, the province also needs a plan policy to move some administrative offices out of areas which are considered as "favorable" position for trade to take land for development of commerce, creating commercial streets.
In coming time, Dong Thap province should have a plan to establish a commercial streets, in short time, it should develop 2-3 commercial streets in city of Cao Lanh and Sa Dec Town and Hong Ngu town.
3.6. Develop centers of commodity exchanges:
- At agricultural production wholesale market: gradually build exchanges of goods, application of modern forms of sales such as auctions, electronic payment ...
- In areas of concentrated production with specialty products such as fish seed production in Hong Ngu district, can be built in this area a center of trading fish, thus contributing to create conditions for building the province's breeding fish trade mark.
Base on layout of commercial space of Dong Thap province in a period from now to 2020 and on basis commensurate with development level of provincial market, development plan on types of modern commerce in the province will focus primarily on trade-service area in downtown area of Cao Lanh city, the remaining trade-service zones will build types of commercial markets, specifically:
4.1. In trade - service zone in center of the province ( Cao Lanh city):
On development conditions, Cao Lanh city has many advantages due to:
+ Where State management agencies of the province concentrate.
+ Tourist center of the province.
+ Center for industrial development with estimation of constructing industry of processing agricultural products, industries using raw materials from outside.
+ Concentrated residential areas with high density, income and consumption levels are quite developed.
+ Traffic hub of Dong Thap province with other provinces.
- Urban development orientation of Cao Lanh city is to develop strongly and urbanize along Tien River and Ward 3. For expansion of the city, Cao Lanh city will saves land along road and at the same time move administrative offices out of the area along main roads to develop trade - services.
- On nature, trade zone of downtown city is just heart of retail goods for production and consumption in the region, center of attracting, flowing of goods in the province, a catering center for recreation, entertainment, culture and sports in the province's population and the exchange of population from other provinces.
- On organization of space: commercial buildings will be developed concentrated downtown of Cao Lanh city with activities of trading , wholesale and goods retail, organize and plan there several business streets. Area along Tien river will focus on developing services for tourism, entertainment, ... Besides, to fit trend of formation of industrial clusters of province and city and urban expansion and urbanize suburban areas of the city, in these areas will form zones of genral trade - services (general supermarket, professional business, market or other services).
- Types of facilities: it need to develop diversified types of trade - services in downtown of the province (Cao Lanh city), both consistent with scale of center, trade practices, just to meet the civilized service requirements , including:
+ Build trade center to reach standard of class I (which may include genral supermarket ) in Cao Lanh city. Center has assumed functions of both goods and services business, including area of wholesale , retail stores, restaurants, hotels, exhibition area to recommend goods; area for recreational activities, rental offices, meeting halls, meeting rooms to organize conferences, seminars, trading and signing domestic and foreign commercial contracts; areas for financial activities, banking, insurance, telecommunications, consultancy, investment brokerage, tourism and serve the living of local residents, population of the province and visitors.
+ Build a number of stock of goods (logistics center) for preservation, storage, sorting, packing and delivery of fresh goods to markets, supermarkets....
On basis of urban development plan of the province by 2020, Cao Lanh city is determined to be economic, cultural, social, scientific and technical center, center of driving force region of socio-economic development in northern Tien river and is the largest development urban in the province with population size of 151,027 person in 2006, has an area of 107 km2 and a population density of 1,411 persons/ km2. Reviews on specific aspects of reality as well as prospects for socio -economic development of the city, trade infrastructure system plan of Cao Lanh city by 2020 can be designed as follows:
4.3. Trade Center, Supermarket: Plan to 2020, the city will have a trade center type I and 5 general supermarkets class I, II or III according to criteria of Ministry of Trade (now the Ministry of Industry and Trade).
- Period to 2010:
+ Build newly trade center in ward 3, business area of 30,000 m2 with total investment of VND 200 billion.
+ Build newly general supermarket class I (undetermined location), general supermarkets in Nghi Xuan district - ward 2 and general supermarkets in My Phu ward ( Bang Lang area ).
- Post-2010 period: build general supermarket in ward 11.
4.4. Warehousing, logistics parks: In plan period it can build two warehouses and logistics centers in suburban areas of the city in ward 3 (opposite My Tra market) and in center of Tan Thuan Tay commune. Investment capital of around VND 50 billion.
4.5. Commercial Street: During plan period, it is necessary to organize a number of commercial streets in trade-service center such as Ly Thuong Kiet street, roads around market area in Cao Lanh .
4.7. Trade Fair - Exhibition Center: In short-time (to 2010) it should be planned at center of Cao Lanh city a center of trade fair and exhibition (possibly located in commercial center of Cao Lanh city or ward 3), an area of 15,000 to 30,000 m2.
4.8. In zones of trade - service in districts and towns:
Conditions of development of trade-services zone are:
+ Area has many business households, high non-agricultural labor rate and job structure is relatively diversified.
+ Locate in center of a district, town, a production area, near the province's major industrial zones, relative developed infrastructure condition.
+ Population density is relatively concentrated and large demand.
- On nature, these trade groups will primarily serve needs of residential consumers in the region, supply auxiliary material for production. But, more important goals to be achieved in plan period is to be clue to exploit sources of goods produced in the district and the surrounding area to supply directly to other markets, particularly especially markets outside the province.
- Type of trade should be developed in tradea – service zones includes:
+ Construction of small and medium shopping centers and supermarkets to serve urban population, having average and often income.
+ Build townmarket, sub-regional market (inner commune market – reach standard of market type I and II) to cater for demand to exchange agricultural products, handicrafts and consumer goods retail sales for residential in area.
+ Build trade and service types associating with food services, services for individuals and communities, small repair services.
+ In addition to market area it can be gradually formed area of gathering, processing, classification and preservation of agricultural products for supply to outside markets , especially for fresh food supplying for market in the province, neighboring provinces and especially market in Ho Chi Minh City.
+ Build communes, ward market: build markets as a clue and to develop a range of retail shop of consumer goods, may be reserved area for gathering of agricultural products in the wholesale markets, have found food service and minor repair services ...
- Plan of types of business in trade-service zones in districts and towns in the province as follows:
Sa Dec town:
On basis of a plan on urban development of the province until 2020, Sa Dec was identified as second largest development urban of the province (after Cao Lanh city) with population size of 103,221 km2, an area of 60 km2 and population density of 1,720 person / km2.
In this area, Sa Dec industrial zone is being implemented phase I with an area of 130 hectares. Particularly in areas A and C of Sa Dec industrial zone has an area of 130 hectares, of which C zone having area of 29 hectares have completed basic infrastructure investment. Area A and C has attracted over 28 registered investment projects, of which 12 projects in operation, now, the province is focusing on investment in building infrastructure to expand and attract investment.
Situations of trade infrastructure network of Sa Dec town are much less. Particularly with network of markets, total market is 13 , there are 7 spontaneous market, not have a plan to construct. Sa Dec has many warehouse of rice exporters (mainly along Sa Dec River) with function of purchasing, processing, and then wholesale and directly export direct through distribution channel of each company. Annual exchange, trade rice production in this sector is very large, up to millions of tons per year.
However, with its own advantage is one of the biggest centers of the provinces of Cuu Long River Delta on growing flowers, ornamental trees as well as the largest fishery centre in the province so during a period of 2010 -2020 will be built in two wholesale markets of aquatic and flower Sa Dec town.