AsemconnectVietnam - Located in the north of the Tien River, Tien Giang is a province in the Mekong River Delta. It borders Long An Province and Ho Chi Minh City to the north and northeast, Dong Thap Province to the west, and the South China Sea to the east.
ADMINISTRATION OF TIEN GIANG PROVINCE
Add: No. 02, 30/4 Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Secretary: Tran Thi Kim Cuc
Deputy Secretary: Do Tan Minh
Deputy Secretary: Nguyen Huu Chi
Add: 6A Rach Gam, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Chairman: Do Tan Minh
Add: No. 23, 30/4 Road, Precinct 1, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Chairman: Nguyen Huu Chi
Vice Chairman: Tran Thanh Trung
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Van Phong
Vice Chairman: Phan Van Ha
Department of Investment & Planning
Add: 38 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Finance
Add: 38 Hung Vuong Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Natural Resources & Environment
Add: 105 Trung Trac Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Trade and Industry
Add: 17 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Tel: 073.3871638; 3873269
Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Add: Trung Luong, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Construction
Add: 04 Le Loi Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Culture, Sport & Tourism
Add: 03 Le Loi Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Science & Technology
Add: 39 Hung Vuong Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Transport
Add: No. 06, 30/4 Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Education & Training
Add: 05 Hung Vuong Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Labor, War Invalids & Social Affairs
Add: 85 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Justice
Add: 43 Hung Vuong Road, Precinct 7, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Tel: 073.3874351; 3872769
Department of Health
Add: 04 Hung Vuong Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Home Affairs
Add: No. 23, 30/4 Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Department of Information & Telecommunication
Add: 02 Le Van Duyet Road, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
NATURAL CONDITIONS OF TIEN GIANG PROVINCE
Located in the north of the Tien River, Tien Giang is a province in the Mekong River Delta. It borders Long An Province and Ho Chi Minh City to the north and northeast, Dong Thap Province to the west, and the South China Sea to the east.
The province covers an area of 2.481,8 km2, with 32km of coastline. It is referred to as a rice basket in the Mekong River Delta and the country’s largest fruit producing area.
The provincial capital, My Tho City, is 70 km far from Ho Chi Minh City.
Tien Giang Province’s terrain is flat, with a slope of below 1%, which is 0-1.6 meters above sea level. It is composed of three areas, including fruit area alongside the Tien River, Dong Thap Muoi area and the coastal area of Go Cong.
Tien Giang Province lies in the tropical monsoon climate zone. It has two main seasons: the wet and the dry. The wet season runs from May to October. The dry season lasts from December to April. The average annual temperature ranges between 270C and 27.90C. Annual rainfall averages 1.210-1.424mm and average humidity is 80-85%.
DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE OF TIEN GIANG PROVINCE
- Land resources
The natural land covers an area of 236,663 hectares, divided into main land groups as followings:
Alluvial land covers an area of 125,431 hectares, accounting for 53 per cent out of the total area. That kind of land mainly distributes in districts of Cai Be, Cai Lay, Chau Thanh, Cho Gao, My Tho City, and part of Go Cong Tay District where has fresh water source.
Salty land covers an area of 34,552 hectares, holding 14.6 per cent out of the total area. It is distributed in districts of Go Cong Dong, Go Cong Taay, Go Cong Town, and part of Cho Gao District.
Alum land covers an area of 45,912 hectares, seizing 19.4 per cent. It is mainly distributed in low, and sunken area of Dong Thap Muoi belonging to districts of Cai Be, Cai Lay, and Tan Phuoc in the North. This kind of land is taken form on coastal salty marsh sediment that is created in the retrogressing process of the sea. Therefore, it is rich in alum and organic substances.
- Mineral resources
Peat can be found in Phu Cuong, Tan Hoa Tay – Cai Lay (Tan Hoa mine), and Tan Hoa Dong – Tan Phuoc (Tram Sap mine). These mine are covered with vegetable humus, and clay layer, that is about 0.3 - 0.7 m thick. Tan Hoa mine has reserves of about 900,000 tons.
Clay can be found in Tan Lap, and Tan Phuoc. Tan Lap mine has reserves of about 6 million cubic meters. Clay is dark grey, and contaminated from alum. Its layer is 0.2-3 meter thick, distributed in the area of 2-3 sq.km. Good quality clay can be used for production of construction ceramic materials such as brick, tile, etc.
River sand is mainly distributed on riverbed of Tien River. Sandy mines are determined, and bedded in areas of districts of Cai Be, Cai Lay, and Chau Thanh with big reserves which is 2-17 km long, 300-800 meters wide, and 2.5 – 6.9 meters thick with good quality, meeting the demand of leveling materials. The total reserves of all mines in the province are over 93 million cubic meters.
ECONOMIC POTENTIALS OF TIEN GIANG PROVINCE
Located in Cuu Long River Delta, Tien Giang Province is the key agriculture production area of the country, particularly production of high valued agricultural products such as rice, fruits, pig, chicken, duck, and so on. They are important export good, and satisfying consumption demand of the whole country.
With its available potentialities, and advantages, nowadays, Tien Giang Province focuses on implementation of 03 agricultural economic programs as follows: rice crops development program, garden economy development program, and breeding development program. The province determined 2 plants, and 2 animals for development included high quality rice, special fruits such as Hoa Loc sweet mango, Lo Ren star apple, durian, pigs, and cows for getting meat, and milk.
In coming times, Tien Giang Province is given priorities to developing projects calling investment into industries that are taking full advantages of the province’s potentialities.
To invest in construction, and business of infrastructure in industrial parks, and complexes. To restore, and develop traditional professions such as Trang cake, Phong cake, sedge mat, worshipping altar, seafood, and aquatic products processing, handicrafts, and importing new professions.
Tien Giang has favorable waterways, and roadways; diversified fruit zone, and rich materials zone for agriculture, fishery, and aquaculture. Its labor force is abundant, and high qualified. The investment incentives for industry development are fast, and clear. The province has always created the best conditions for domestic and international investors to come to stay and invest in Tien Giang.
Being considered as a bridge of trade and services exchange among Ho Chi Minh City, and the Southwest provinces, Tien Giang trade has traditional characters of Cuu Long River Delta. Tien Giang has clearly determined that economic development duty is a significant duty, and closely related to other duties. It is also a significant element for the development of the process of industrialization, and modernization.
In coming years, Tien Giang trade will extend, and improve its business quality, in order to serve for the development of agriculture, industry, and local small craft industries. Specially paying attention to products consumption, promoting the agricultural products transferring role among Cuu Long River Delta provinces, and Ho Chi Minh City. Pushing up export of processed agricultural products, decreasing the import of raw products, and consumers’ goods. To focus on developing services that support production such as seaport service, post, and telecommunication service, information, and consultancy service, finance, and banking service. To enhance investment in construction of trade infrastructure in service for export. To create good conditions for enterprises belonging to all economic sector to take part in direct export. In a bid to speeding up the growth rate, Tien Giang trade needs the active and further co-operation, and investment.
Situated in the end of Cuu Long River, Tien Giang has 32 km of seashore. The system of rivers, and canals is stretching throughout the province. Therefore, Tien Giang has rich, and diversified fishery resources with many races, species that live in fresh water, salt water, and brackish water. It is convenient for exploiting, rearing, and processing aquatic products, and transferring goods with Ho Chi Minh City, and other provinces by roadways, and waterways.
Tien Giang has traditional fishing profession, and developed system of logistic services. The boats team of fishery exploitation includes 1,200 boats with average capacity of 128.9CV/boat. The team of fishing men is experienced, and professional. The exploitation output reaches 65,000 tons/year.
Go Cong costal area has about 7,500 ha for salt-water aquaculture, brackish aquaculture, and other species with high economic values such as red arca, common tiger prawn. Fresh water zone has crayfish, and other kinds of small fishes for processing fish sauce, fish powder, and being fish for cattle, ... There is fished kept in ponds, lakes, rice fields, and in rafts along Tien River. The aquaculture sector has an area of 10,765 hectares. Its output is about 46,570 tons/year. Main export products are all kinds of frozen shrimp, etc. Main export markets are EU, Japan, United States, Canada, Taiwan, and China.
Tien Giang has always paying more attention to developing aquaculture, ecological environment, diseases prevention, fishery encouragement, applying scientific, and technological achievements for the development of fishery business, and production. Particularly, paying more attention to technology for production of races with highly economic values for aquaculture, and serving for domestic consumption, and export. To extend co-operation, promoting international trade, pushing up the export of aquatic products, drawing capital, technology, business, production, and management experiences.
TIEN GIANG PROVINCE’S OVERALL PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TO 2020
I. Development viewpoints
1.Overall plan on socio-economic development of Tien Giang province to 2020, ensure conformity with principles of strategy of socio-economic development of the country and overall plan on socio- economic development of the Mekong river delta region.
2. Accelerating economic growth, economic restructure towards industrialization and modernization; promote application of science and technology in manufacturing, service, strong development of industry and services having advantage, associated with development of areas with high technology content.
3. Mobilize all resources for socio-economic development, expand and improve the efficiency of foreign economic relations and attract maximum external resources, especially capital, technology, skilled technical workers , make consistent, long-term preferential policies, investment encouragement, expanding export markets, increasing competitiveness of goods and services.
4. Develop rapidly, sustainable economic , satisfy requirements of international economic integration; ensure harmonious settlement between socio-economic development with environment protection and gradually improve living standard of the people.
5. Concentrate to improve human resources, seriously promote human factor, raise capacity of education, training combining with develop scientific and technological development ... see it as one of decisive factors to implement industrialization and modernization.
6. Economic development must be linked to political stability, ensure social order and improving people’s knowledge; strengthen national defense and security; strengthening, consolidating and improving quality of administration system and build strong administration.
II. Development goals
Develop economic with high speed, stable, accelerate construction of infrastructure, increase competitiveness of goods and services ; 2020 building Tien Giang province has become an economic - social development, contributing actively to the development of the Cuu Long River Delta and the country; people’s living is improved , ecological environment is protected; security and defense is always guaranteed.
2.1. Economic objectives:
- Economic growth (GDP) grew an average 12.5% in the period 2006-2020, including period of 2006 - 2010, increasing to 12% -13% per year.
- GDP per capita in 2010 hits 1,025-1,080 USD (actual price), by 2020, about USD 4,050 per person.;
- Restructure economy towards increasing proportion of non-agricultural sectors. By 2010, proportion of industry - construction are 33% - 34%, trade - service reaches 32% - 33% and proportion of agriculture, forestry and fishery reduces to 33-35% of GDP. In 2020, proportion of industry - construction reaches 48.5%, trade - service reaches 36.5%, agriculture, forestry and fishery reaches 15.0%.
- Expand and improve the efficiency of foreign economic relations. Create conditions for rapid increase of export target, attract capital and technology from outside. Strive to reach export turnover of more than $ 400 million in 2010 and over $ 1.8 billion in 2020; average growth rate of export turnover is 17% per year in period of 2006-2010 and 16.2% a year in period of 2011 - 2020; export value per capita reaches 900 USD in 2020.
- Average rate of technological innovation strives for 20-25% per year.
- Mobilize social capital resources reaches more than 40% / GDP per year.
2.2. Social objectives:
- Average rate of population growth in period of 2006 - 2020 reaches 1.0% per year average reduction of birth rate of 0.03%. Striving to stabilize and gradually reduce proportion of unemployed workers in urban areas to less than 4% by 2010 and increase labour time of employers in rural areas to about 85% by 2010 and over 90% in 2020. Creating appropriate mechanisms and policies to attract capital to strengthen and develop forms of investment, creating new jobs every year for over 20,000 workers (2006-2010) and over 40,000 workers (2011 - 2020). Increase percentage of trained labor to 40% in 2010 and about 51% in 2020. Strive to reduce poverty rate (new standard) to about 10% in 2010 and less than 6% in 2020;
- In 2010: 99.5% of households have electricity, 100% communes have roads to communal center and 85% are asphalted and concrete. In 2020, 100% of households have electricity and 100% of roads to commune centers are asphalted and concrete;
- Rate of urbanization reaches 26% in 2010 and over 37% in 2020;
- Implement measures to limit and significantly reduce HIV infections and AIDS virus and other diseases. In 2010, 100% of commune health stations have doctors, reaches 6 doctors per 10,000 people and 8 doctors per 10,000 people in 2020; increase rate of beds to 26 beds over 10,000 people in 2010) and 29 beds in 2020; reduce the rate of malnutrition (below 5 years) to under 17% (2010) and 10% (2020). Improve quality of cultural, sports activities, radio and television;
- Ensure robust security, political, social order and safety in all situations.
2.3. Environmental objectives:
- Raise area of coverring forest perennial to 40 - 41.5% in 2020.
- Strive to 2010: 100% of production facilities build new clean technology or be equipped with devices to reduce pollution, waste treatment meets standard of environment; 40% of urban resident, 70% of industrial zones, industrial complexes have system of concentrated wastewater treatment meeting standard of environment; collecting and processing 80-90% of solid waste; collecting 100% and processing over 60% of hazardous waste, 100% of medical wastes; 70% of households have latrines, hygienic cages. Over 88% of rural households and over 95% of urban households use hygiene water ;
- 2020: 100% of production facilities to build new clean technologies; 70% - 100% of urban and industrial zones have high technology wastewater treatment system ; over 95% of solid waste are collected, processed meeting environmental standards; over 80% hazardous waste are handled; 95% of rural population use clean water for living and over 80% of households have latrines, hygienic cages.
III. Development orientation of industry
1.Developing agriculture, forestry and fishery:
Develop comprehensively agriculture - direction of rural commodity production. Production development couples with protection of ecological environment, ensure sustainable agricultural development.
Accelerate process of industrialization - modernization of agriculture and rural development in direction of intensive farming, biotechnology applications, conversion of plant varieties, animal breeds with high productivity and quality in order to meet requirements of market and increase revenue per unit area of cultivation.
Reorganize agricultural production systems associated with consumption and processing; consolidate and enhance role of collective economy especially in the farming, seafood economic and pay attention to build brand names and product characteristics of the province (such as Vinh Kim star apples, Acerola Go Cong, Hoa Loc sand mango, orange , pomelo, dragon fruit, market of rice, blue skin grapefruit , pineapples ...) to improve competitiveness in market.
Invest stably around 60,000 hectares of rice cultivation to ensure food security and export. Formation of specialized cultivation areas suitable for potential and comparative advantages of province such as fruit, fresh vegetables ... provide for key economic region in the south. Livestock development in direction of industrialization and to increase productivity, product quality and environmental protection.
Upgrade and build new production center associating with production centers of the southern key economic region and the Mekong delta ; upgrade and build new clusters of fishing ports, markets for aquaculture services associating with logistics activities. Continue to invest and improve flood escape shaft from north highway 1, upgrading sea dikes, flood control system associating with system of flood control of the province and the Mekong river delta.
Strengthen and construct system of socio-economic infrastructure in rural areas linking to construction of residential area who have flooded home in the Me Kong river delta, contributing to stability of residential life and promote socio-economic development in agriculture sector and rural area.
Strives to increase value of agriculture, forestry and fishery in period of 2006 - 2020 to 4.0% on average per year; in period of 2006-2010, agriculture and forestry increases 4.3% on average per year and fishery sector increases 6.0% / year; by 2020, proportion of animal husbandry accounts for 32% of added value of agriculture , forestry and fisheries.
2. Development of industry and handicraft:
Create favorable investment environment, attract further investment and development industry towards product diversification, industrial concentration of high technology, and focused departments, provincial areas have the advantage the potential and geographic location as economic processing industry, biotechnology, industrial engineering, manufacturing for agriculture - rural areas, with industry Shipbuilding industry support the regional economic International key southern plains and the Mekong.
Strong development of small and medium enterprises using advanced technology, encouraging investment and development of lines of handicraft, traditional craft villages to create jobs and use of effective raw materials and resources working area of agriculture and rural areas.
Focused investment and the rapid development, industrial clusters have been approved at the same time strengthening and improving the effectiveness of the zones have industry in the province. Orientation 2020, the province is from 7 to 8 zones and industrial concentration of about 30 local industrial clusters built with a total area of about 8758 hectares of land.
Investment in construction of the industrial complexes, factories, must be associated with the construction of waste treatment works, plant trees, make sure the environment green, clean beauty of the parks and industrial clusters.
Striving to achieve the target value of industrial production period 2006 - 2010 average increase over 27% per year, create jobs for about 130 thousand employees. Period 2011 - 2020 industrial production value increased on average 18% per year, jobs for over 320 thousand employees. Create a strong shift in economic structure towards industrialization.
3. Trade – services development:
Develop domestic market and expanding trade with Ho Chi Minh City, the province's key economic region in the south, the Mekong River Delta associated with the development of trade network with the participation of economic sectors. Rearrange the retail network, the priority development of the system of modern retail business, planning the position of commercial advantage to urban construction and development of the trade and services in the city My Tho, Go Cong town, Cai Lay, Cai Be; formed residential areas - urban - commercial - scientific and technical services, health care, education - training, finance - bank holiday Go Cong support North, Southeast, Tan Phuoc Trung Luong (My Tho) ... consolidate and develop the system of markets for agricultural products have water in the province, creating a bridge between the business International key southern plains and the Mekong.
Concentration promoting trade and expanding markets overseas, creating conditions to promote development of production and export of found home resources, products exported from the industrial and institutional products converted from rice, seafood, fruit ...
Develop model eco-tourism, marine tourism island, made the link tourism development in national and international, diversified types and tourism products. Attract investment to build integrated entertainment, resorts, places of tourism potential such as the Island on the Tien River, flooded and rural areas of Dong Thap Muoi, concentrated premium the investment clusters Thoi Son Island tourist destination communities, eco-tourism sub-region of the Mekong downstream expansion, Tan Thanh beach, orchards, and historic cultural relics ...
Develop high added value service sector, promote industry and services such as transport, telecommunications and information technology, science and technology services, consulting, financial , banking, insurance, services, training, health, culture, sports.
Striving to 2010 value added service sector accounts for 32.0% of GDP by 2020 and accounting for 36.5%, average growth rate of 13.8% per annum in the period 2006-2010 and about 13.6% / year in the period 2011-2020. Total export turnover in 5 years from 2006 to 2010 was over 1.47 billion, the average growth rate of 17% per year. Period 2011 - 2020 the total export turnover reached about 90-10 billion, turnover in 2020 reached over $ 1.8 billion, the growth of export turnover value on average 16.2% per year. 2020, attracting tourists to reach about 2 million people, including foreign tourists on 1 million people.
4. Field of culture - society:
Concentrate on implementing national program on population and family planning, education and training, job creation, poverty reduction ... continuously improve quality of life of the people on food, accommodation, travel, education, medical treatment, cultural enjoyment. Strive to reduce birth rate in average 0.03%, by 2010 population reaches about 1,785,000 person in 2020 and 1,967,000 person.
Create the shifting power structure of agricultural labor into industry - service, expected by 2020 the proportion of agricultural laborers to about 28% of the total number of employees working in other economic sectors. Increase the rate of trained labor to 40% in 2010 and 51% in 2020 reduced the poverty rate (new standard) to about 10% in 2010 and less than 6% in 2020. Resolving good policy for the people. a) Education and training:
Focusing on development of human resources both in quantity and quality. Development must be comprehensive education from pre-school education, elementary, middle school and high school. Continued investment solidified schools, teaching equipment in the direction of standardization. Focus on developing pre-school education system in the communes of remote areas. Striving to 2010, the percentage of students compared to mobilize the population in the age at study level such as child care over 15%, 70% preschool; primary school 100%, middle school and 99% upper secondary school is 62%. By 2020, the percentage of students mobilized against age, the child is 50%, 99% kindergarten, primary school 100%, middle school 99%, senior secondary school was over 75%.
Develop system of professional education, vocational training and universities on the basis of rational planning network of universities, colleges, professional secondary schools in the province. Concentrate investment complete the College of Public Health, University of Tien Giang, build a new College economics - technology and investment to upgrade and develop the system of vocational schools of the province ... have qualified equipment and modern techniques and excellent teaching staff, improving the quality and effectiveness of training. Also, implementation of the guideline socialization training, encourage all economic sectors, including international cooperation involved investment facilities and training to develop human resources, especially labor the qualified high technology, meet the needs of economic development of society and the local industry and region.
4.1. Health and health care of people:
Develop uniform and complete healthcare network from provincial to grassroots level, full implementation of programs and health policy of the State. Continuously improve the quality of health services community, solve problems better health care for the people initially. Consolidate and develop preventive health system.
Increase investment in development of comprehensive health sector both in terms of facilities, equipment and human resources. Gradually modernized equipment diagnosis, treatment for provincial hospitals and district standard national and international. Investment in building hospitals at the provincial centers to the hospital the same time build new specialty hospitals, the hospital district level development planning sector. Step up the socialization of medicine. Investment Promotion some hospitals, medical centers diagnosed intensive non-public to meet the increasing needs of people in the province and region.
Striving to 2020, reducing the rate of children under 5 malnutrition to below 10% rate of doctor / population reached a ten thousand eight people; keep 100% of clinics have doctors; number of hospital beds / 1 ten thousand people reached 29 beds; 99% of children under 1 year of age fully immunized six vaccines.
4.2. Culture, information and sport:
Consolidate and develop libraries at all levels, from urban to rural areas. Improve the quality of radio programs, television. Develop, strengthen conservation activities, museum aims to preserve, restore and promote values of cultural and historical heritages and promote national identity. Focus on facilities for cultural-information sector , sports and other social sectors, especially basic works according to that institution's culture and information sector works and basic fitness industry - sports at all levels. Promote socialization in fields of culture, physical training - sports.
2010 target: 95% of households standard family culture, 100% communes and wards have culture and reading room, 100% of households means listening to radio and watch television; 80% - 90% of schools conducted exercising, sports key internal stability, 18% of the population involved exercising - sports regularly, 60% - 80% of communes have football pitch.
4.3. Science - technology:
Strengthening research and application of science and technology in every socio-economic activities towards industrialization and modernization associated with work force training and development of science and technology high level.
5. Technical infrastructure:
Provincial initiative to coordinate the ministries and central branches speeding up the construction of the highway in Ho Chi Minh city - Trung Luong - Can Tho, highway 60, highway 50, including new construction for My Loi bridge ( replace ferry) and rice market; support the upgrading of roads that Tien Giang Province (Tel 865) - Long An (Communal Road 28) - Dong Thap (Tel 847). Research and development to build railway Ho Chi Minh - My Tho - Can Tho in the appropriate time.
Upgrade the salary of primary and Tien River estuary Soai to canalize the flow for large ships can load, associated with the renovation, upgrading and building new ports on the river, including the port of My Tho and cluster port and shipbuilding facilities in the estuarine transport bin Soai; upgrade economic axis - Cho Gao canal traffic, channel Reeds 2 (Nguyen Van Tiep canal).
Renovate and upgrade road system in the province, priority entrance to zones of industrial branch lines connected to the road system, road, highway. Striving to 2010, hard goods in line 100%, 100% of communes have roads to the town center and 85% in the asphalted road, dal, concrete. Complete system of station yard goods and boats for the district and intensive investment and upgrading the port of My Tho port area has become a logistics capacity over 500,000 tons per year and ensure vessel tonnage 3,000 DWT to 5000 DWT able to dock.
Upgrading and development of the modern postal system, telecommunications, information technology; power system; water supply and sewerage systems, especially systems to provide clean water for four eastern districts and treatment system waste water for urban industrial zones.
To 2010 telephone using density reaches 38 telephones per 100 people, including density of fixed machine and mobile postpaid reached 15 telephones per 100 population in 2020 and 72 telephones per 100 people, which, Privacy of your fixed and mobile postpaid reached 38 telephones per 100 people.
Striving to 2015, the province had 100% of households have electricity, of which 90% of households buying electricity directly to the electricity industry; commercial electricity per capita reached 1266 kwh per person.
6. Defense - security, social order and security:
- Improve quality and consolidate number of permanent forces to meet requirements of regular and modern. Strengthen management methods and reserve force building, development and self-defense militia in accordance with common tasks and duties of each defended area. Focused self-defense forces to build the sea;
- Building police forces elite people, excellent professional knowledge, solid political, anti-evolutions peace. Building strong force base, promoting people's self-government movement quality, guaranteed to deal with any situation. Continue to attack all types of crime, restoring order and discipline in the field of economic, cultural - social. Regular propaganda education of successful implementation of guidelines and policies of the Party and State;
- Strengthening combination of economic development - to strengthen the social defense and security in each sector, each area from the planning stages of developing the economic infrastructure of technical ... to enhance the ability to actively cope with any situation.
7. Environmental Protection:
Economic growth must be combined with social development and environmental protection, ensuring sustainable development and limit pollution levels rise, overcome a recession and improve environmental quality; resolution the basic steps recession environment in industrial parks, residential areas crowded in major cities and some rural areas; process improvement and environmental pollution in rivers, lakes ponds canals. Advanced capabilities prevent and limit the adverse impact of natural disasters, fluctuations of climate unfavorable to the environment; rescue and effectively overcome the problem of environmental pollution caused by natural disasters. Exploitation and rational use of natural resources, ensuring ecological balance at a high level, nature conservation and biodiversity preservation. Actively implement and meet the environmental requirements of international economic integration, limit the adverse effects of the process of globalization affects the environment in the country to promote economic growth, improving chất lượng cuộc sống của nhân dân, bảo đảm phát triển bền vững đất nước. Construction of environmental management and strong socialization of environmental protection.
IV. Development of space, territory
1.Land using oriention:
Use more economically and efficiently land resources, ensure development of diversified economies, most components in direction of commodity production with high performance and ensure sustainable development of ecological environment. Besides arranging reasonable use of land for agricultural production, to ensure food security objectives, food production towards goods and promote export and supply of raw materials for processing industries , to devote a percentage of land suitable for industrial development (zones, concentrated industrial ...); point of land to develop townships, town centers, population quarters; land for development of infrastructure and technology, social welfare and housing ...
- Agricultural land in 2010 was 190.4 thousand ha, accounting for 76.7% of natural land; by 2020 and 182.8 thousand ha, accounting for 73.7% of natural land.
- Non-agricultural land in 2010 reached 51.92 thousand ha, accounting for 20.9% of natural land and by 2020 about 62.8 thousand ha, accounting for 25.3% of natural land.
- Land not used in 2010 to about 5.85 thousand ha, accounting for 2.4% of natural land; by 2020 and 2.59 thousand ha, accounting for 1.0% of natural land.
2. Development orientation of urban and rural residential areas:
Focus on upgrading and expanding city of My Tho, Go Cong town and town of Cai Lay become centers to promotes socio- economic development of sub-region.At the same time developing marketing towns, residential areas, new urban areas associating with development of industrial zones and spread urban areas of Ho Chi Minh City through economic corridor highway 1, highway 50, highways, railways.
Strive to 2020, network of the municipality includes city of My Tho - urban type I; Go Cong town - urban type III; town of Cai Lay - urban type IV (2010) and urban type III (2020); town of Tan Hiep urban type IV; left towns is urban type V. Increase rate of urbanization reaches 26% in 2010 and 37% in 2020.
Increase investment in development of economic infrastructure - social, Tan Phu Dong New District in order to create favorable conditions for investment in economic development - economic development in the social Island estuary, associated with protection security and defense waters. <br>Continue planning and early construction of towns, the center of town, rural residential areas, especially the construction of cluster housing who have flooded the region, contributing to improving the quality of life, poverty reduction and environmental protection ecological agricultural areas - rural towards sustainable development.
3. Partitioning economy:
- Region I: the districts of the east: Go Cong town, Cho Gao district, Go Cong Tay, Go Cong Dong and Tan Phu Dong; total natural area of 98,710 ha, accounting for 35.6% of the population provincial average density of 613 nguoi/km2. Economic development towards industrialization - trade and services - particularly agricultural tourism services and maritime transport ... promote the advantages of near Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau and sea. Concentrated investment in the development of industrial parks - urban - service - travel ... changes create strong economic and coastal sea; continue to develop agriculture - fishery suitable ecological combining economic development with security, defense and coastal waters;
- Zone II is located west of the province, including the districts of Cai Be, Cai Lay, Tan Phuoc, with natural area of 119,030 ha, accounting for 39.3% of the population of the province, the average density of 561 nguoi/km2 . Accelerate the process of economic restructuring in the direction of trade - service - agriculture - industry; developing strong trade - service, construction of models of agricultural high technology, forming zones industrial concentration associated with the formation of the intensive farming, production of agricultural goods and large;
- Region III: Province is located at the center, including the city of My Tho and Chau Thanh district with 30,436 hectares of natural area, accounting for 25.1% of the population of the province, the average density of 1401 nguoi/km2, continued promote the role of the ships and nuclear growth of local support and promote the development of the three regions. Developing uniform industry, services, training and developing human resources. Pioneers in the fields of economic development - and active social integration, economic cooperation effectively with the southern key economic, urban areas of Ho Chi Minh and the Mekong River Delta .
V. Solution of implementing plan
1.Solutions of raising capital:
Total demand for capital development in the period 2006 - 2020 of about 422 trillion VND (about 20-22 billion dollars), accounting for about 43.4% / GDP. In particular, the period 2006 - 2010 was 43.7 trillion VND, accounting for 40.1% of GDP.
Capital investment expected from the local budget, the central budget, capital investment credit, capital accumulation and investment of the population of enterprises and foreign investment in the province. To meet the demand for investment, the province should have a system of measures to mobilize capital actively, which promote internal forces mainly.
Create favorable investment environment and best conditions for all economic sectors to participate in investment and development; diversified forms of mobilization and creation of the provincial capital. Maximum mobilization of domestic resources, especially in Ho Chi Minh city and provinces of the southern key economic same time promoting the work of relations campaign, promoting investment to attract capital foreign investment (FDI, ODA, NGOs, the capital of Vietnam to overseas ...). Priority mobilize and use capital from the land fund for urban development, infrastructure industry.
How to use use of capital as follows: capital from the state budget or derived from the state budget to invest in areas, categories such as: transport infrastructure, ports, water supply, reservoirs water, wastewater and solid waste and works with important social meaning. In addition, the focus of raising capital, credit capital from businesses and investors in the country, which foreign investors to invest in the infrastructure of industrial parks, resorts and structural works other infrastructure.
2. Market development and improve ability of international integration:
Promote improving the investment environment for developing production and business resolve synchronization from production to processing and consumption of some main products are competitive or conditional capacity building competition; the enterprise must ensure quality products with competitive when integration and replace imports.
Continue to make innovations and improve the operational efficiency of State enterprises and enterprises have been equitized, encourage economic development in household, family farm economy, especially economic cooperation .
Actively develop the domestic market, strengthening and developing effective operation of trade centers and markets in the province; disseminate timely economic information, especially about the mechanisms and policies to create favorable conditions for economic activities - social and economic components.
Construction investment strategy of export-oriented, focusing maintain and develop the market already, researched and promote expansion of new markets. Create conditions for enterprises to participate in fairs and exhibitions in the country and internationally, the showroom of products, promote its advertising, offering ... Expanded development of comprehensive cooperation between the provinces of Tien Giang in the region, especially in Ho Chi Minh City to promote economic development, science, technology, training of human resources, capacity building Assembly international economic integration.
3. Environmental Protection:
Strengthen propaganda and education to raise awareness and responsibility to protect the environment.
Strengthen measures to prevent and limit the adverse impact on the environment; control, treatment to pollution and environmental degradation; protection, rational exploitation and effective natural resources course.
Promote socialization and diversifying investment for environmental protection. Resolving harmonious relationship between economic development with environmental protection and sustainable development.
Strengthen cooperation on foreign and domestic environmental protection and capacity building research and application of science and technology for environmental protection.
Strengthening state management, institutions and laws on environmental protection, especially in the formulation, appraisal, approval and implementation of the planning organization, plans, programs and investment projects ... strictly handle cases of violation.
Strengthening the planning, successful implementation of programs and action plans of national environmental protection.
4. Developing human resources:
Build and expand more schools, training institutions with modern equipment; strengthen links and coordinate with training institutions in Ho Chi Minh City, the Central Government and other localities to improve level, quality and quantity of staff, technical workforce skilled.
Expanding cooperation with universities, research institutes, training establishments are equipped with modern inside and outside the province to train scientific and technical force, a team of high-tech workers. Encourage businesses wishing to link employers to contribute capital, support vehicles equipped with universities and other training establishments and technicians trained in problem, supply and use of force an effective one.
Promote professional training, diversification of forms of vocational training, have preferential policies for agricultural laborers to switch to other sectors; treatment and create working conditions to attract scientific and technical staff , managers on their work. Implement training and retraining staff management, business administration to meet the requirements of international economic integration.
5. Development of science and technology:
Innovation activities in science and technology, enhance dissemination of information science and technology, information, market economy; strengthened by the transfer application of scientific techniques, to create powerful changes in the application of scientific achievements and technology especially in the field of information technology, biotechnology, materials technology. Associated with institutions, schools, centers, scientists at home and abroad to carry out the theme, the project scientists. Activities to promote the role of the United associations scientific research mechanisms to encourage the establishment and operation of effective fund development of science and technology in the province.
6. Building capacity of administrative management:
Promoting administrative reform, decentralization is stronger than continue to enhance the effectiveness of state management and law enforcement; implement regulations strengthening democratic and transparent public information manager for the state's of participatory monitoring and implementation.
7. Strengthening development cooperation:
Implementation of cooperation, develop links with other provinces in the region and ensure proper investment planning to promote the economic potential of the province, promote cooperation with local domestic and international co-operation priorities attract the required field level, high technology, but Tien Giang province has reach.
8. Organization of implementation:
Base on approved overall plan on soco-economic developmen, the People’s Committee of Tien Giang focuses on directing sectors and levels to build five year plans and annual plans to ensure appropriate with development orientation of the province. Build action plan, development programs in each period under direction of master plan on socio-economic development of Tien Giang province to 2020.
In the process of implementation of the Plan, the People’ss Committee of Tien Giang province to direct regular review of targets and plans to evaluate implementation and timely reporting to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision adjustment, additional plan to fit situation and asks for socio-economic development in each period.
Make public the plan to attract attention of entire population, investors and foreign participation in implementation. Coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and other provinces to implement development and cooperation programs for mutual development.
List of programs, projects given priority to invest, research and develop in period 2006 - 2020
A. Development programs
- Paddy and rice economic development;
- Garden economic development;
- Development of livestock;
- Fisheries economic development;
- Processing industry development;
- Development of tourism;
- Development of science and technology;
- Hunger alleviation, poverty reduction and implementation of social policies;
- Education and training of human resources;
- Development of urban and rural areas infrastructure;
- Environment management and protection ;
B. Projects given priority to invest
I. Projects invested by the Central Government in the locality:
- Construction of highway No.50 including My Loi, Cho Gao bridges;
- Building Trung Luong - Can Tho highways;
- Building Ho Chi Minh city - Trung Luong - Can Tho railway ;
- Building Soai Rap - Go Cong port;
- Anti-erosion reinforcement of sea dykes Go Cong and restoration of coastal protection forest;
- Anti-landslide, Tien river banks stabilization, Cho Gao canal dyke;
- Treatment, prevention of landslide of Tien river bank in My Tho city and its suburbs;
II. Projects managed and invested by the province:
1. Agriculture, forestry and fisheries:
- Developing high-quality rice area;
- Construction of areas specializing in growing special fruit, fresh vegetable;
- Upgrading sea dikes Go Cong I;
- Constructing new sea dike Go Cong II;
- Strengthening capacity of variety farms of rice, fruit, aquatic products, livestock, poultry ;
- Investment in infrastructure of aquaculture breeding in Go Cong, Cai Lay, Cai;
- Improving work of transferring science - technology and encouranging agricultural, forestry and fishery expansion;
- Developing a system of breeding and clean plants farms;
- Developing a system of agriculture - general services cooperative;
- Developing agriculture-rural in Tan Phu Dong and Tan Phuoc districts;
- Building area of high technology agriculture ;
- Building harbor for fishing vessels;
- Investment in constructing and expanding My Tho fishing port combining with fishing logistics services;
- Building a reserve of coastal and estuaries biodiversity;
- Building a biodiversity reserve of Tan Phuoc cajuput forest ;
- Building strengthening dyke Phuoc Trung – Binh Dong;
- Xuan Hoa - Cau Ngang canal;
- Investing completely flood drainage canal axes North Highway 1;
- Dredging canals in flood zone, Go Cong, Bao Dinh;
- Renovate and upgrade sewage systems in the area of Go Cong;
- Renovate and upgrade internal irrigation system.
- Long Giang industrial zone;
- Soai Rap ship industrial zone;
- Oil and gas services industrial zone;
- Gia Thuan industrial zone, Tan Phuoc seaport;
- Industrial Zones in southeast Tan Phuoc area;
- Industrial zone in north Go Cong area;
- Investing in construct industrial zones in districts, city of My Tho, Go Cong town;
- Investing in infrastructure in occupation traditional villages in the province;
- Constructing shipbuilding factories;
- Building engineering factories for agriculture, rural area ;
- Maintaining and processing agricultural products;
- Constructing seafood products processing plants;
- Constructing foodstuff cattle processing plants;
- Constructing vegetables, fruit processing plants;
- Building export sewing factories;
- Building facilities of producing leather shoes;
- Processing products from cocoa trees, coconut trees;
- Constructing export canned meat plants;
- Building factories of assembling electronic products;
- Constructing transformer station 220/110 kV and 110/15 - 22KV;
- Developing and upgrading medium voltage lines in urban and rural areas;
- Developing and upgrading low voltage lines and stations in urban and rural areas;
- Developing and applying clean energy in residential life.
3. Trade - Services:
- Constructing agricultural, seafood products market in the province;
- Renovating, upgrading and developing market systems in the province;
- Developing trade centers, supermarkets, service associated with urban, industrial zones;
- Investing in developing system of hotels 3-4 star in the province.
4. Developing urban and rural areas
- Renovating, upgrading and developing infrastructure in city of My Tho;
- Renovating, upgrading and developing infrastructure in town of Go Cong;
- Renovating, upgrading and developing infrastructure in towns of district capital;
- Planning and investing in construction of infrastructure in Cai Lay town;
- Planning and investing in construction of infrastructure in new towns;
- Planning and investing in construction of infrastructure in Tan Phu Dong district;
- Planning and investing in construction of infrastructure of towns, communal centers;
- Constructing resettlement areas, low-income residential areas;
- Planning and constructing residential area, urban, commercial, high level service in areas of Trung Luong;
- Planning constructing residential area, urban, commercial, high level service in areas of Southeast Tan Phuoc;
- Planning constructing residential area, urban, commercial, high level service in areas of North Go Cong;
- Planning constructing residential area, urban, commercial, high level service in city of My Tho, Go Cong town and district capital.
- Upgrading and developing bridge and provincial roads systems;
- Renovating and upgrading rural transport system (district and commune roads );
- Renovating and upgrading urban road system;
- System of roads combining with sea dyke;
- Building Can Duoc (Long An) - Cho Gao (Tien Giang) road;
- Transportation system connecting industrial zones;
- Bridge and ferry system through island;
- Renovating and upgrading bus stations in My Tho city and other districts;
- Developing specialized ports and upgrading My Tho ports.
6. Information and communication:
- Expanding local telephone network, mobile, optical networks, developing Internet.
- Developing infrastructure, human resources and information technology applications;
- Training Center of Information Technology.
- Renovating and upgrading district hospitals, regional clinics and centers of preventive medicine;
- Constructing regional general hospital;
- Constructing specialized hospitals: Tuberculosis and lung disease; eyes; maternity; children; cardiology - gerontology; dermatology;
- Strengthening equipment for system of provincial and district hospitals;
- Strengthening capacity of college of health;
- Investing in constructing private hospitals and centers of high-tech medical diagnosis.
8. Education and Training:
- Investing in building and strengthening capacity of Tien Giang university;
- Strengthening facilities of high schools;
- Strengthen facilities school facilities;
- Developing system of kindergarten;
- Constructing colleges of economic, engineering, technology;
- Strengthening equipment for vocational centers;
- Investing in construction of schools, high quality technical training centers.
9. Culture - Sports - Tourism:
- Building exhibition center of the region;
- Investing in developing infrastructure for tourism on island communes of Tien River and coastal area of Go Cong;
- Developing eco-tourism area in flooded regions of Dong Thap Muoi - Tan Phuoc district;
- Investing in developing tourism resorts on island communes of Tien river, coastal areas of Go Cong;
- Investing in Vinh Trang tourism area;
- Upgrading Cultural Center of Tien Giang province;
- Truong Dinh - Ao Dinh Relic;
- Upgrading Provincial Museum;
- Vinh Trang Culture Parks;
- Restoring national recognized monuments;
- Cultural district centers
- Constructing provincial and district sport area;
- Building a new technical broadcasting center;
- Raising capacity of school of culture and art;
- Raising capacity of school of sports;
- Restoring and developing kind of cultural and folk art;
- Planning and constructing cemetery park.
10. Labor - Invalids - Social Affairs:
- Developing and strengthening capacity of Tien Giang Vocational College;
- Developing vocational schools in Cai Lay, Go Cong;
- Developing vocational colleges in districts;
- Social center of Tien Giang province (phase II);
- Poverty alleviation and employment in Tien Giang province.
11. Water supply and environmental sanitation:
- Providing clean water and rural environment hygienic;
- Building drainage and waste treatment in My Tho city;
- Building drainage and waste treatment in Go Cong town;
- Renovating and building drainage and waste water treatment towns of districts;
- Building a new waste treatment yard in Go Cong area;
- Building a new waste treatment yard in Cai Be area;
- Building a new waste treatment yard in Tan Phuoc area;
- Constructing concentrated health garbage burning plant ;
- Strengthening management capacity and enhancing community’s awareness of environmental protection;
- Water supply four eastern districts;
- Water supply a new district of Tan Phu Dong;
- Water supply southeast of Tan Phuoc area;
- Constructing sewage treatment plant in My Tho industrial zone;
- Constructing sewage treatment plant in Tan Huong industrial zone;
- Constructing sewage treatment plant in Soai Rap shipbuilding industrial zone;
- Constructing sewage treatment plant in Long Giang industrial zone;
- Constructing plant treating and processing fertilizer from waste.