Nghe An province
AsemconnectVietnam - Nghe An Province is situated in the heart of North-Central Vietnam, about 300 km south of Hanoi and 1,400 km north of Ho Chi Minh City. It is bounded on the north by Thanh Hoa Province with 196.13 km, on the south by Ha Tinh Province with 92.6 km...
ADMINISTRATION OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
- PARTY COMMITTEE
Add: No. 26 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Secretary: Nguyen The Trung
Deputy Secretary: Hoang Xuan Luong
Deputy Secretary: Phan Dinh Trac
- PEOPLE’S COUNCIL
Add: No. 03 Truong Thi Road, VinhCity, Nghe An Province
Chairman: Nguyen The Trung
Vice Chairman: Bui Thi Thu Huong
- PEOPLE’S COMMITTEE
Add: No. 03 Truong Thi Road, VinhCity, Nghe An Province
Chairman: Phan Dinh Trac
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Hong Truong
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Dinh Chi
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Van Hanh
Department of Industry and Trade
Add: No. 70 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Transport
Add: No. 44 Le Hong Phong Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Education & Training
Add: No. 67 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Investment & Planning
Add: No. 20 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Science & Technology
Add: No. 75 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Tel: 038.3844500; 3849631
Department of Construction
Add: No. 08 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Labor, War Invalids & Social Affairs
Add: No. 12 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Justice
Add: No. 56 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Health
Add: No. 18 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Tourism, Sports & Culture
Add: 6 Dai Tan Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Communication & Information
Add: No. 39C Le Hong Phong Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
Add: No. 129 Le Hong Phong Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Finance
Add: No. 64 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Hung Binh Ward, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Natural Resources & Environment
Add: 31 Quang Trung Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
NATURAL CONDITION OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
Nghe An Province is situated in the heart of North-Central Vietnam, about 300 km south of Hanoi and 1,400 km north of Ho Chi Minh City. It is bounded on the north by Thanh Hoa Province with 196.13 km, on the south by Ha Tinh Province with 92.6 km, on the west by Laos with 419 km, and on the east by the South China Sea with an 82 km coastal line.
Covering an area of 16,487.29 sq. km, Nghe An is the country’s largest province in area. In 2008, the province was home to 3,030.946 people of six ethnicities, namely Kinh, Kho Mu, San Diu, Thai, H’Mong, and O Du.
The province consists of 1 city (Vinh City), 1 town (Cua Lo Town) and 17 districts, including Anh Son, Con Cuong, Tan Ky, Que Phong, Quy Chau, Quy Hop, Nghia Dan, Tuong Duong, Ky Son, Do Luong, Thanh Chuong, Nam Dan, Hung Nguyen, Nghi Loc, Dien Chau, Quynh Luu and Yen Thanh.
Located in the northeast of Truong Son mountain range, Nghe An’s terrain is diversified and divided by a dense network of rivers and lakes, with interposing mountains sloping down from the northwest to the southeast. Mountains and hills make up three forth of its natural area and are mostly located west of the province. The highest mountain peak is Pulaileng (2,711m) in Ky Son District. The plains of the districts of Quynh Luu, Dien Chau and Yen Thanh constitute the province’s lowest part, of which some areas are merely 0.2 meter above the sea level. The narrow plain band, which represents 17% of the province’s natural area, stretches from the south to the north, facing the South China Sea and being surrounded by mountains ranges.
Nghe An Province lies in tropical monsoon zone, where correlation between the north’s and the south’s climate exists. It is directly influenced by the dry, hot southwest monsoon blows from April to August, and the humid cold northeast monsoon between November and March. The mean temperature is 23-260C. It receives about a rainfall of 1,600 – 2,000 mm annually. The average humidity is 86.5%. Total number of sunny hours is 1,450 – 1,700 a year.
INDUSTRIAL ZONES OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
1. Bac Vinh Industrial Zone
- Location: Hung Don commune, Vinh city, Nghe An province.
- Area: 143.17 hectares
- Total investment capital: VND 241.6 billion
- Investor: Viet Nam Corporation of Assembling Machines.
- Investment priorities are given to garment and clothing, leather shoes for export, electricity, electronics, handicraft products for export, agricultural products processing.
2. Cua Lo Industrial Zone
- Location: Nghi Thu commune, Cua Lo town.
- Area: 40.5 hectares.
- Investment priorities are given to export garment and clothing, consumer goods, electricity, electronics, mechanical assemble, sport equipments, kids’ toys.
3. Nam Cam Industrial Zone
- Location: Nghi Loc district
- Investment capital: VND 193 billion
- Area: 327.83 hectares.
- Investment priorities are given to steel laminating factory, car assembling, fertilizer, wood processing, mineral processing, leather shoes, consumer goods production, and other export products.
4. Hoang Mai Industrial Zone
- Location: Hoang Mai, Quynh Luu district.
- Area: 300 hectares
- Investment priorities are given to construction materials industry, repairing mechanics, construction equipment assembling, wrapping paper, chemical substances
DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
- Land resources
The total natural land area is 1,648,729.74 hectares in which land for agriculture is 195,944.4 hectares; land for forestry is 684,398 hectares; specialized land is 59,211.08 hectares, residence land is 14,893.51 hectares and unused land is 693,166.46 hectares.
- Forest resources
The total forest area is 684,398 hectares. The forested area rate could reach 41.5 per cent in 2000. The total reserves of timber are over 50 million m3 including many precious plants such as Pomu, samu, bot, etc.
There are more than 1 billion trees of bamboo, neohouzeaua, about 226 species of herbal medicine and precious forest products.
- Fishery resources
The province enjoys 267 species of fish belonging to 91 families of which 62 species with high economic value can be divided into two groups:
+ Group near the coast includes 121species, accounting for 45.32 per cent.
+ Group far from the coast includes 146 species, making up 54.68 per cent
The reserves of sea fish are over 83.000 tons. There are 20 species of shrimps belonging to 8 varieties and 6 families including prawn, lobster, sugpo prawn, yellow shrimp, etc. The total reserves is about 610-680 tons allocating in some main shrimp fields such as Lach Bang, Lach Quen, Dien Chau shrimp field.
Octopus is another kind of valuable seafood of Nghe An. It is distributed in almost territorial waters and has many kinds. However, there are some kinds with high output such as squid.
- Mineral resources
There are 113 big and small mine areas and 117 ore points, such as: coal, tin, lime stone, ashlar paving stone, tile clay, cement clay, phosphoric and some other mineral resources.
Regarding fuel mineral, there is fat coal at Khe Bo coalmine with exploitation output of about 30-40 thousand tons. Brown coal is distributed at Viet Thai (Nghia Dan district) and Don Phuc (Con Cuong district) coalmine with reserves of approximately 1 million tons.
Regarding metal mineral, the province has black metal mineral, precious colored metal mineral and non-metal mineral. In regard of black metal mineral, there are two iron ores in Van Trinh (Nghi Loc district) and Vo Nguyen (Thanh Chuong district) with total reserves of over 1.8 million tons. In regard of precious colored metal mineral, there is tin, which is concentrated in Quy Hop, Que Phong district. The Quy Hop district enjoys 10 tin ores according to investigation data. Gold can be exploited in many areas included mineral sand gold, original gold.
Regarding non-metal mineral, there are barite, which is distributed in many regions for example Son Thanh ore, kaolin and clay in Nghi Loc district. Limestone with big reserves and high quality, mainly concentrates in Phuc Son (Anh Son district), Hoang Mai (Quynh Luu district).
- Human force
The total socio labor force of Nghe An province is 1.5 million people, of whom laborers working in natural economic sectors are 1,380 million people. The trained workers account for 14.5 per cent. The workers of high grade, craftsmen make up a small proportion.
There are 4 technical secondary schools and 5 vocational schools in the whole province. Annually, the amount of laborers who are trained is about 40 thousand people. Most of them are graduated from high schools, and are technical workers from vocational schools inside and outside the province.
OVERALL SOCIAL – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN OF NGHE AN PROVINCE TO 2020
I. Development viewpoint
1. Continue to renovate and create breakthrough to develop rapidly, sustainablely social - economic of the province based on promoting internal force associating with taking advantage of maximum foreign forces in active integration and international competitiveness; work closely with local authorities in the country, especially provinces of North Central region and key economic region in the Central.
2. Focus resources to create growth areas, key areas and develop strongly some breakthroughs sectors, products in order to make momentum for the fastest-growing economy and transfer economic structure towards industry, modern.
3. Develop rapidly service sectors: tourism, trade, transport, post and telecommunications, education, health, finance, banking, insurance; advantage industry in industrial parks, economic zones such as industry of producing construction materials, processing agricultural - forestry - fisheries, food, electronics, information technology, mechanics... Build diversity agriculture - forestry - fishery associated with protecting natural resources and ecological environment.
4. Ensure simultaneously achieve three goals: economic, society and environment in development. Closely combine economic development with strengthening national defense - security, strengthen political system and strong administrative foundation.
5. Attach much important to develop infrastructure system, human resource to attract investment, exploit resources inside and outside province.
II. Development goals
1. General objective
Strive to bring Nghe An province escape from poverty and poor development in 2010; basically become an industrial province in 2020; determine to bring Nghe An soon become one of wealthy provinces of the country . Construct Nghe An province to become a center of industry, tourism, trade, education, health, culture and science - technology in the North Central region; have synchronous infrastructure system ; material and cultural life of the people are improved constantly with wholesome culture ; have powerful defense - security, public order and social safety are guaranteed.
2. Specific target
2.1. Economic objective
GDP (current prices) per capital reaches USD 850 – 1,000 / person in 2010, around USD 1,560 per person by 2015 and USD 3,100 / person in 2020. Annual average growth rate of GDP in period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 12 - 13%, in period of 2011 - 2015 posts 12 - 12.5% and in period of 2016 - 2020 achieves 11.5 - 12.0%.
Transfer economic structure towards increasing non-agricultural sectors; especially, promoting service area to grow rapidly in period after 2010. By 2010, percentage of industry - construction in GDP reaches 39%, services 37% and agriculture - forestry - fishery about 24%, corresponding structure in 2015 is 41.4%, 40.4 % and 18.2% and in 2020 is 43.0%, 43.0% and 14.0%.
Develop strongly foreign economic relations. several key export products. Strive to hit export value of over USD 350 million in 2010, reaching approximately USD 850 million by 2015 and post about USD 1,900 million in 2020.
Strives to hit annual growth rate of State budget collection (under current price) in the province of about 24 - 25% in period of 2006 - 2020; reaches about VND 5,000 to 5,500 billion in 2010, accounting for 11.5% of GDP; reaching approximately VND 15,600 billion by 2015, accounting for 14.6% of GDP and achieving about VND 47,400 billion in 2020, making up 18.4% of GDP.
2.2. Social objectives
Reduce annual average birth rate from 0.2 to 0.3%o to stabilize population of about 3.5 million people in 2020; annual average rate of population growth in the planning stage is 0.97%.
Annually, create jobs for about 30,000 – 32,000 workers in period of 2006 - 2010 and about 28,000 – 30,000 workers in next ten years. Ensure 85 - 86% of workers in labor age level have jobs in 2010 and increase this rate to 89 - 90% in 2020. The rate of trained labor reaches over 40% in 2010 (in which, vocational training accounts for 25 - 27%) and 65 - 70% in 2020.
The rate of poverty household will be reduced to about 11 - 12% in 2010 and about 5% in 2020. Every year, number of children who face with difficulties circumstances and took care increases from 15 - 20%. Complete secondary education universal for 95% of pupils in cities, towns and townships and 85% of pupils in difficulties mountainous regions, communes (including vocational training, professional education, school and supplementary). Solidify all schools and classrooms.
Ensure enough beds, staff, upgrading infirmaries in all 3 routes. Increase life expectancy to 72 years old in 2010 and over 75 years old in 2020.
Have 95% of people to see the TV and 100% to hear radio in 2010 and these rates reach 100% in 2020.
Improve basically infrastructure, including systems of transportation, electricity, clean water supply. By 2010, complete construction of roads to centers of communes which have no auto roads, upgrade roads to centers of communes which can use only in a season. Ensure at least 90% of household using clean water, 98% of households has electricity to use by 2010 and increase these rates to 100% in 2020.
Rate of urbanization reaches 17% in 2010 and 37% in 2020. House area in urban areas posts 10 m2/person in 2010, reaching 12 m2/person 2015, 18 - 20 m2/person in 2020.
Ensure social order and security and national defense - security. Implement well goals of "three reduction, three quite”. Minimize social evils, especially evils of drugs and traffic accidents, ensure 100% of the drug to be detected, managed, detoxified and lower rate of re-addicts.
2.3. The objective of environmental protection
Plant trees in all of bare hills and mountains; improve rate of forest cover and quality of the cover, reaching 53% in 2010 and 60% in 2020.
Ensure clean environment for both urban areas and rural areas: 100% business enterprises hit environmental standards; 80% of garbage are collected, processed by 2010 and 95 - 100% by 2020.
III. Breakthrough branches and fields
- Growth hubs, key economic areas: South-East Nghe An Economic Zone, Vinh City, Hoang Mai, Thai Hoa, Con Cuong, coastal areas, industrial zones.
- Develop high quality human resources and science - technology potentials to meet development demands.
- Develop synchronous infrastructure in both urban and rural areas. - Invest concentrately to form a system of main products in compared advantages fields and branches (especially service sector) in order to create conditions and forces for the long-term development of the province.
- Promote reform, especially administrative reform, innovate mechanisms, policies to attract more domestic and foreign sources of capital. - Promote speed of urbanization, develop central urban, peripheral urban and other rural areas to create a new population distribution.
IV. Development orientation in branches, sectors
1. Industry - Construction
- Give priority to develop industries which have comparative advantages and stable market; pay attention on developing high technology industries to create breakthrough growth of the province.
- Average growth rate of industry - construction in period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 18.9 - 0.7% a year, 14.0 to 14.5% a year in period of 2011 - 2015, 12.0 - 12.5% / year in period of 2016 - 2020.
- By 2020, industry accounts for around 23 - 24% of GDP. Inner structure of industry move towards increasing proportion of the processing industry, reaching approximately 88% in 2020.
- Develop key industrial sector as the following:
+ Develop industry of producing construction materials to be a main industry of the province, encourage development of new products using advanced, modern technology to meet domestic demands and for export.
+ Focus on developing industries of processing agricultural - forestry - fisheries, food, of which, the province have advantages.
+ Focus on exploiting, refining tin; exploitation and processing of white stone.
+ Develop mechanical, oil industries, electronics - information technology – telecommunications industries, information technology and communications industries, industries of producing new materials, automation equipment, biological technology ... become important industries with huge added value in industrial production of the province.
+ Develop industries of textiles, leather shoes. Build Nghe An become a center of textile industry in North Central region. Gradually form garment and textile complexes in Vinh city and neighbor districts, mountainous areas (in industrial zones of Phu Quy, Anh Son).
+ Develop economic, industrial zones and trade villages: implement Project of South-East Nghe An Economic Zone to make breakthrough in industrial development of the province. Continue to complete infrastructure in industrial zones in Nam Cam, Hoang Mai, Phu Quy; research to establish more industrial zones in Hung Nguyen, Nghi Loc, Do Luong, Anh Son, Thanh Chuong.
Focus on completing construction industrial complexes and trade village in districts.
Develop services with fast, sustainable growth rate higher than GDP growth rate of the province in the period after 2010. Further enhance role of services in the economy; supporting, promoting development of other sectors, branches. Construct Vinh city become a huge service center.
Average growth rate of service in a period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 10.9 to 11.5% a year, in period of 2011 - 2015 posts 13.5 to 14.0% a year, in period of 2016 - 2020 hits 13.5 - 14.0% / year. Transfer structure of service areas toward increase sharply key services; form new sectors, service products with high added value in accordance with high advantages of the province; increase high level, high quality services; raise proportion of private sector.
Develop main service sector:
Develop Nghe An tourism in order to bring tourism sector to become an important economical sector of the province. It is expected that average growth rate of number of tourists in period of 2006 - 2010 is 12.9% per year, in period of 2011 - 2020 approximately 13% per year. Strive to have two tourism urban (Vinh, Cua Lo), a national tourism zone (Kim Lien - Nam Dan) in Nghe An province.
Diversify types of tourism, tourism products such as ecotourism, holiday, healing, swimming, cultural - history, research, learn about nature, high quality entertainment, mixed tourism with key areas such as Nam Dan and neighbor area; city of Vinh, Cua Lo town, Pu Mat National Park and neighbor area; Giang Son - Do Luong, Quy Chau, Que Phong hot mineral water zones, beach area Quynh Luu - Dien Chau - Nghi Loc.
Develop domestic market in order to meet demands of production and consumption of the people, to facilitate commercial development in rural, mountainous areas. Construct Vinh - Cua Lo become a huge trading center of Northern Central region. Develop strongly border trade in order to form and develop some main export products; increase sharply import – export value, striving to achieve export value of USD 350 million in 2010, reaching USD 850 million in 2015, and hits about USD 1,900 million in 2020. It is estimated that average growth rate of total amount of turnover of retail goods and social services posts 15.7% per year in period of 2006 - 2010 and approximately 10.0% in a period of 2011 - 2020.
Improve goods and services wholesale and retail network towards civilized and modern.
- Finance - Banking
Create favorable conditions for credit institution to operate, attract large domestic and foreign banks, securities companies to establish their branches in the province. Gradually increase percentage of medium and long-term loan in key programs and projects of the province. Develop and diversify banking services products, develop securities, insurance markets. Create preferential mechanisms to encourage developing insurance to serve development of agriculture - forestry – fisheries.
- Transport, warehousing:
Diversify types of transportation, take advantage of types of road transport, railway, sea and airway; create breakthrough in sea transport, develop marine services and passenger transport by airway. Gradually improving transport technology and service quality. Create preferential conditions for all economic sectors to participate in providing transport services. - Develop postal, telecommunications to become one of key services, play a role of supporting effectively socio-economic development and growing contribution to GDP. - Develop sharply services of consultant, technology, assets business, investments to serve individuals and communities.
3. Agriculture - forestry - fishery
Average growth rate of agriculture - forestry - fishery in a period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 5.3% per year, in a period of 2011 - 2015 hits 5.2% per year, in a period 2016 - 2020 posts 4.9% per year .
Speed up development of agriculture on basis of applying science and technical advance, transfer structure, form areas of long-term, short-term industrial trees , concentrated fruit trees at large-scale attached with processing factories such as sugarcane, tea, coffee, rubber, orange, pineapple.
Develop strongly breeding of buffaloes, cows, pigs and chickens, ducks, bring livestock to become a key production sector, accounting for 50% of the value of agricultural production after period of 2010. Invest in forming and developing pasture for cattle livestock.
Exploit and use effectively area of forestry, cultivate trees for producing high quality furniture, plywood bar, paper materials. Do well protection of special used forest, natural forest and watershed forest.
Develop comprehensively aquaculture, including catching and breeding aquaculture, focus on expanding aquaculture breeding on the sea; take quick water surface area of huge dams on breeding aquaculture. Expanding area of aquaculture breeding together with investment cultivation of all kinds varieties which have high economic value and stable market. Expand types of services for production of agriculture - forestry - fishery.
4. Social sectors
- Education, training: construct Nghe An to become a training - education center in the North Central region. Upgrade Vinh University to become international standard university. Upgrades and supplement network of vocational schools, to ensure development of high technical human resources for the province and North Central regions.
Promote education socialization
- Health, community health care: Build a high-tech health center of North Central region in Vinh city, accelerate construction of general hospital 700 beds, establishes university of medicine and pharmacy; after 2010 strive to have hospital reaching international standards, upgrade community health center of the province. Quickly build the modern provincial specialty hospitals, establishes center of food hygiene safe test. Construct a center of environment –labor health; Strengthen and develop community health centers, hospitals in districts. Focus on developing national traditional medicine. Upgrade infrastructure and strengthen human resources for health facilities in communes, wards, ensuring 100% facilities reach national health standard in 2020.
- Culture - Information: building national traditional, advanced culture, conserve and develop culture of Nghe homeland. Create a healthy cultural environment. Complete basically restoration and embellishment of historical, cultural relics. Construct, upgrade modernize infrastructure of culture – information branch.
- Gymnastic - Sports: Construct Nghe An province to become strong gymnastic –sport center of the country. Develop high achievement sports to always stand in top 10 leading provinces, cities nationwide. Have a specific orientation and adequate investment for advantage sports of the province.
- Science and technology: give priority to transfer and apply scientific and technological achievements into production and life; enhance potential of science, technology. Renovate strongly management mechanism of science, technology towards socialization, operating under market mechanism. Assign, devolve strongly scientific management, create autonomy in research and operation.
- Labor, jobs: create environment and favorable conditions for economic sectors to develop, create more jobs and increase income for workers; develop vocational training to increase employment opportunities for employees. Promote establishment and development of labor market. Promote transition of labor structure towards reduce agricultural workers, increase workers in non-agricultural sectors. Promote export of labor.
- Defense - Security: closely match economic development with ensuring national defense and security. Build the whole people national defense battlefield associating with the whole people security battlefield, build several defensive projects in key points of the province.
- Environment and prevent, resist and alleviate natural disasters: protect environment, reduce harmful effects of smoke dust, waste, poison gas. Do well natural disasters prevention, alleviation.
5. Infrastructure development
Upgrade, improve system of transport infrastructure, facilitate development of transport services.
+ Construct Vinh – Hanoi highways, expand Vinh – Quan Hanh road, build railways overpass in key points.
+ Upgrade Ho Chi Minh road, section crossing Nghe An province with scale of 4 - 6 lanes. + Expand national highway 1A at sections crossing Cau Giat, Hoang Mai towns, Nam Cam Industrial Zone...
+ Construct coastal roads from Nghi Son (Thanh Hoa) - Quynh Luu - Dien Chau - Nghi Loc to connect with ready roads in Cua Lo.
+ Construct Ben Thuy bridge II connecting with Vinh city bypass road.
+ Upgrade and improve roads No. 7, 48, 46, 15A; complete plan on both sides of Ho Chi Minh road in the province - 132 km long; lengthen highway No. 48 from Que Phong district to Thong Thu border gate, 40 km long; build highway No. 46 avoiding Vinh city from Quan Banh to Nam Dan, cutting national road No. 1A, with a scale of 6 lanes.
+ Upgrade and complete provincial highway system and roads in raw material areas, for tourism, industrial parks, roads to commune centers, economic roads associating with national defense, border patrol road, border traffic roads, transport system of internal towns and cities, including: Complete construction of road alongside Lam river, 60 km long. Construct key roads tea material areas of Anh Son, Thanh Chuong, sugarcane material areas stage II Tan Ky, Anh Son, Con Cuong; Dinh - Lat, Lat – Cay Chanh road; Sen – So road, Lam river left bank road.
- Construct Xuan Yen bridge to connect with South area of Nam Dan district and Duc Tho district, Ha Tinh province.
- Build system of bridge across Lam and Hieu rivers and other rivers in districts of Do Luong, Thanh Chuong, Anh Son, Con Cuong, Tuong Duong, Ky Son, Quy Chau, Que Phong... and road system in left bank region with about 120 km long.
- Complete construction of roads linking the western districts of Nghe An: route connecting highway No. 7 to highway No. 48, length of 123 km (over 3 districts: Tuong Duong, Con Cuong, Quy Hop); Chau Thon - Tan Xuan road ( first point in west Nghe An road, end point in Ho Chi Minh road), 127 km long, over 4 districts: Que Phong, Quy Chau, Quy Hop, Tan Ky); Xieng Thu – Yen Tinh road (through 2 districts: Ky Son, Tuong Duong).
- Construct west Nghe An road: a length of 233 km, from Muong Xen (Ky Son district) to Ban Pang (Que Phong district), several branch line to centers of communes and border post with a length of about 47 km .
- Continue to spread asphalt Muong Xen – Khe Kien with a length of about 100 km. - Built road into centers of communes which have no auto road. Upgrade road into communes which can go in only one season.
- Upgrade and build new roads in city of Vinh, Cua Lo town and planed new urban areas. Construct and equip auto system of controlling traffic in city of Vinh, Cua Lo town and other urban areas.
- Build new bus stations in Vinh city.
Build a high speed railway Vinh - Hanoi; restore Quan Hanh - Cua Lo railway, upgrade Nghia Dan – Cau Giat railway, open new railway Do Luong – Quan Hanh. Upgrade Vinh station to become station type I, separate commodity station from passenger station; upgrade sub-stations, rehabilitate Dien Chau station.
- Build, upgrade Vinh Airport to reach airport level 4C (ICAO) airport and military airport level II. Open some new air routes Vinh - Vienna (Laos), Vinh - North East Thailand, Vinh - Hainan (China).
+ Upgrade Cua Lo port: dredge narrow passage to help ships going out and in easily. Increase port capacity to reach 6 to 8 million tons in 2020, associate with formation and development of south east Nghe An economic zone. Construct Cua Lo tourism quay. + Upgrade, construct ports of Cua Hoi, Ben Thuy, Lach Quen, Lach Thoi, Cua Van... to serve seafood exploitation, commodity transportation.
+ Research to build new Dong Hoi specialized ports in Quynh Luu for thermo –electricity factory using coal with a capacity of 1,800 MW in future.
+ Carry out improvement, upgrade, dredge narrow passage for water way traffic system.
- Always do well maintenance work, upgrade and build new dam, lake system to ensuring safety in flood rainy season, water supply for production and people's lives.
- Continue to upgrade north, south irrigation system to ensure stably water for 70,000 ha. Continue to implement program of concrete canals, especially channel level I and level II.
- Develop irrigation system cultivation industrial plants, concentrated fruit trees regions.
- Strengthen sea, river dyke system to combat blow off.
- Build huge irrigation works such as Ban Mong ( Quy Hop), Thac Muoi (Thanh Chuong), Nam Viec, Sao Va (Que Phong); repair and upgrade of other irrigation projects in districts, build irrigation systems to serve salt production regions.
5.3. Electricity supply system
- 220 KV line: build a new 168 km double-circuit line Ban Ve hyower - Do Luong - Hung Dong, 75 km single –circuit line Dong Hung - Nghi Son
- 110 KV line: building double, single circuit line, upgrade system of double circuit to connect small and medium-sized power factories with the system and provide electricity to additional charge. Build new single, double circuit line to communes, economic, industrial zones.