AsemconnectVietnam - Nghe An Province is situated in the heart of North-Central Vietnam, about 300 km south of Hanoi and 1,400 km north of Ho Chi Minh City. It is bounded on the north by Thanh Hoa Province with 196.13 km, on the south by Ha Tinh Province with 92.6 km...
ADMINISTRATION OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
- PARTY COMMITTEE
Add: No. 26 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Secretary: Nguyen The Trung
Deputy Secretary: Hoang Xuan Luong
Deputy Secretary: Phan Dinh Trac
- PEOPLE’S COUNCIL
Add: No. 03 Truong Thi Road, VinhCity, Nghe An Province
Chairman: Nguyen The Trung
Vice Chairman: Bui Thi Thu Huong
- PEOPLE’S COMMITTEE
Add: No. 03 Truong Thi Road, VinhCity, Nghe An Province
Chairman: Phan Dinh Trac
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Hong Truong
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Dinh Chi
Vice Chairman: Nguyen Van Hanh
Department of Industry and Trade
Add: No. 70 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Transport
Add: No. 44 Le Hong Phong Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Education & Training
Add: No. 67 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Investment & Planning
Add: No. 20 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Science & Technology
Add: No. 75 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Tel: 038.3844500; 3849631
Department of Construction
Add: No. 08 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Labor, War Invalids & Social Affairs
Add: No. 12 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Justice
Add: No. 56 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Health
Add: No. 18 Truong Thi Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Tourism, Sports & Culture
Add: 6 Dai Tan Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Communication & Information
Add: No. 39C Le Hong Phong Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
Add: No. 129 Le Hong Phong Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Finance
Add: No. 64 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Road, Hung Binh Ward, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
Department of Natural Resources & Environment
Add: 31 Quang Trung Road, Vinh City, Nghe An Province
NATURAL CONDITION OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
Nghe An Province is situated in the heart of North-Central Vietnam, about 300 km south of Hanoi and 1,400 km north of Ho Chi Minh City. It is bounded on the north by Thanh Hoa Province with 196.13 km, on the south by Ha Tinh Province with 92.6 km, on the west by Laos with 419 km, and on the east by the South China Sea with an 82 km coastal line.
Covering an area of 16,487.29 sq. km, Nghe An is the country’s largest province in area. In 2008, the province was home to 3,030.946 people of six ethnicities, namely Kinh, Kho Mu, San Diu, Thai, H’Mong, and O Du.
The province consists of 1 city (Vinh City), 1 town (Cua Lo Town) and 17 districts, including Anh Son, Con Cuong, Tan Ky, Que Phong, Quy Chau, Quy Hop, Nghia Dan, Tuong Duong, Ky Son, Do Luong, Thanh Chuong, Nam Dan, Hung Nguyen, Nghi Loc, Dien Chau, Quynh Luu and Yen Thanh.
Located in the northeast of Truong Son mountain range, Nghe An’s terrain is diversified and divided by a dense network of rivers and lakes, with interposing mountains sloping down from the northwest to the southeast. Mountains and hills make up three forth of its natural area and are mostly located west of the province. The highest mountain peak is Pulaileng (2,711m) in Ky Son District. The plains of the districts of Quynh Luu, Dien Chau and Yen Thanh constitute the province’s lowest part, of which some areas are merely 0.2 meter above the sea level. The narrow plain band, which represents 17% of the province’s natural area, stretches from the south to the north, facing the South China Sea and being surrounded by mountains ranges.
Nghe An Province lies in tropical monsoon zone, where correlation between the north’s and the south’s climate exists. It is directly influenced by the dry, hot southwest monsoon blows from April to August, and the humid cold northeast monsoon between November and March. The mean temperature is 23-260C. It receives about a rainfall of 1,600 – 2,000 mm annually. The average humidity is 86.5%. Total number of sunny hours is 1,450 – 1,700 a year.
INDUSTRIAL ZONES OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
1. Bac Vinh Industrial Zone
- Location: Hung Don commune, Vinh city, Nghe An province.
- Area: 143.17 hectares
- Total investment capital: VND 241.6 billion
- Investor: Viet Nam Corporation of Assembling Machines.
- Investment priorities are given to garment and clothing, leather shoes for export, electricity, electronics, handicraft products for export, agricultural products processing.
2. Cua Lo Industrial Zone
- Location: Nghi Thu commune, Cua Lo town.
- Area: 40.5 hectares.
- Investment priorities are given to export garment and clothing, consumer goods, electricity, electronics, mechanical assemble, sport equipments, kids’ toys.
3. Nam Cam Industrial Zone
- Location: Nghi Loc district
- Investment capital: VND 193 billion
- Area: 327.83 hectares.
- Investment priorities are given to steel laminating factory, car assembling, fertilizer, wood processing, mineral processing, leather shoes, consumer goods production, and other export products.
4. Hoang Mai Industrial Zone
- Location: Hoang Mai, Quynh Luu district.
- Area: 300 hectares
- Investment priorities are given to construction materials industry, repairing mechanics, construction equipment assembling, wrapping paper, chemical substances
DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES OF NGHE AN PROVINCE
- Land resources
The total natural land area is 1,648,729.74 hectares in which land for agriculture is 195,944.4 hectares; land for forestry is 684,398 hectares; specialized land is 59,211.08 hectares, residence land is 14,893.51 hectares and unused land is 693,166.46 hectares.
- Forest resources
The total forest area is 684,398 hectares. The forested area rate could reach 41.5 per cent in 2000. The total reserves of timber are over 50 million m3 including many precious plants such as Pomu, samu, bot, etc.
There are more than 1 billion trees of bamboo, neohouzeaua, about 226 species of herbal medicine and precious forest products.
- Fishery resources
The province enjoys 267 species of fish belonging to 91 families of which 62 species with high economic value can be divided into two groups:
+ Group near the coast includes 121species, accounting for 45.32 per cent.
+ Group far from the coast includes 146 species, making up 54.68 per cent
The reserves of sea fish are over 83.000 tons. There are 20 species of shrimps belonging to 8 varieties and 6 families including prawn, lobster, sugpo prawn, yellow shrimp, etc. The total reserves is about 610-680 tons allocating in some main shrimp fields such as Lach Bang, Lach Quen, Dien Chau shrimp field.
Octopus is another kind of valuable seafood of Nghe An. It is distributed in almost territorial waters and has many kinds. However, there are some kinds with high output such as squid.
- Mineral resources
There are 113 big and small mine areas and 117 ore points, such as: coal, tin, lime stone, ashlar paving stone, tile clay, cement clay, phosphoric and some other mineral resources.
Regarding fuel mineral, there is fat coal at Khe Bo coalmine with exploitation output of about 30-40 thousand tons. Brown coal is distributed at Viet Thai (Nghia Dan district) and Don Phuc (Con Cuong district) coalmine with reserves of approximately 1 million tons.
Regarding metal mineral, the province has black metal mineral, precious colored metal mineral and non-metal mineral. In regard of black metal mineral, there are two iron ores in Van Trinh (Nghi Loc district) and Vo Nguyen (Thanh Chuong district) with total reserves of over 1.8 million tons. In regard of precious colored metal mineral, there is tin, which is concentrated in Quy Hop, Que Phong district. The Quy Hop district enjoys 10 tin ores according to investigation data. Gold can be exploited in many areas included mineral sand gold, original gold.
Regarding non-metal mineral, there are barite, which is distributed in many regions for example Son Thanh ore, kaolin and clay in Nghi Loc district. Limestone with big reserves and high quality, mainly concentrates in Phuc Son (Anh Son district), Hoang Mai (Quynh Luu district).
- Human force
The total socio labor force of Nghe An province is 1.5 million people, of whom laborers working in natural economic sectors are 1,380 million people. The trained workers account for 14.5 per cent. The workers of high grade, craftsmen make up a small proportion.
There are 4 technical secondary schools and 5 vocational schools in the whole province. Annually, the amount of laborers who are trained is about 40 thousand people. Most of them are graduated from high schools, and are technical workers from vocational schools inside and outside the province.
WATER RESOURCES PLAN OF NGHE AN PROVINCE TO 2025, VISION TO 2035
1. Viewpoint of the plan
- Water resources plan on Nghe An province to 2025 with a vision of 2035 in line with master plan for socio-economic development of Nghe An province; To contribute to fulfillment of objectives of socio-economic development and environmental protection, to protect water resources, take initiative in preventing and combating and overcoming consequences of harm caused by water in the province;
- To bring into full play responsibility of the entire society in management, protection, exploitation and thrifty use of water resources, prevention and combat and overcoming of harmful effects caused by water; water resources plan of Nghe An province to 2025, vision to 2035 for surface water including impact of climate change and surface water is a main source of water for economic sectors in the province.
2. Objectives of the plan
2.1. Overall objectives:
To manage and allocate water sources in a harmonious and rational manner among branches, organizations and individuals that use water, supply sufficient water for economic branches, prioritizing 100% high value water for daily-life activities; Protecting water resources from pollution, degradation and water source functions; Preventing, combating and overcoming harmful effects caused by water in Nghe An province in order to ensure long-term security of water resources, contributing to promoting and fulfilling the province's socio-economic development objectives of Nghe An province.
2.2. Detail objectives:
2.2.1. To ensure water supply for daily life up to 2020 is 117 million m3 / year; By 2025, it is 125 million m3 / year and by 2035, it is 180.2 million m3 / year.
2.2.2. Ensuring that water for industrial development to 2020 is 123.7 million m3 / year, by 2025 is 222.74 million m3 / year and by 2035 is 420.74 million m3 / year;
2.2.3. To allocate harmonized and rational water resources between regions / sub-basins, basins / sub-basins for agriculture with a water demand in 2020 of 2.334 billion m3 / year and 2.339 billion m3 / year by 2025; By 2035, it will be 2.282 billion m3 / year;
2.2.4. To manage the construction and operation of upstream exploitation works to ensure the water supply for the Bara Do Luong system with a capacity of 44.0m3 / s and Nam Dan sewer with a capacity of 40.55m3 / s. Maintaining minimum flow in major rivers: Ca river, Hieu river, Giant river, Nam Mo river, Con river, Hoang Mai river, Cua Lo river, Hau river and Thai river;
2.2.5. To manage, protect and exploit effectively, stable and long-term surface water sources with the total exploitable volume of around 16.25 billion m3 / year;
2.2.6. To manage and protect water sources, to build water works to meet needs of daily life and other needs (excluding water for hydropower) in the whole province by 2020 reaching 2.65 billion m3 / in the year, by 2025 is 2.767 billion m3 / year and by 2035 is 2.96 billion m3 / year, in a case of climate change, ensuring total water demand of the sectors according to stages of plan: 2.8 billion cubic meters per year by 2020, 2.774 billion cubic meters by 2025 and 2035 by 2.93 billion cubic meters;
2.2.7. To manage and protect water resources without pollution, degradation and exhaustion, ensuring water source function, meeting water quality objectives for branches and subjects exploiting and using water in the province, specifically:
a) In a 2017-2025 period: To protect surface water resources to meet quality of use purposes of B1 ÷ A2 according to QCVN 08-MT: 2015 / BTNMT;
b) In a period of 2026-2035: protecting surface water resources at A2 ÷ A1 of QCVN 08-MT: 2015 / BTNMT;
2.2.8. To prevent floods in the lower Ca river with flood frequency of P = 1% and inland floods for independent rivers along coast with P = 10%;
2.2.9. Preventing and fighting drought in following areas: Hieu river basin, Ca river;
2.2.10. Preventing salinity intrusion in Ca river basin and coastal independent rivers.
3.1. Plan zoning:
Water resources plan in Nghe An province is divided into 08 regions and sub-regions in the following areas:
3.1.1. Upper area of Ca river, including 03 sub regions:
a) Upstream of Ca river - Ban Ve;
b) Ban Draw - Khe Bo;
c) Khe Bo - Cay Chanh crossroads.
3.1.2. Nam Mo river.
3.1.3. Middle area of Ca river, consisting of 02 sub regions:
a) Cay Chanh crossroads – Do Luong dam;
b) Do Luong dam - Nam Dan waterfall.
3.1.4. Gang river basin.
3.1.5. Hieu river basin, consisting of 03 sub-zones:
a) Upstream of Hieu river - Ban Mong;
b) Ban Man - Cay Chanh junction;
c) Khe Bo – Cay Chanh crossroad (Dinh river).
3.1.6. Lower basin of Ca river.
3.1.7. Coastal independent rivers.
3.1.8. Upstream of Chu river (Nghe An province).
3.2. Water resource allocation:
3.2.1. Principles of water resource allocation:
a) Allocation of surface water resources of Nghe An province is in line with socio-economic development plan, taking into account water use plan of sectors and requirements for water transfer between upper and lower levels;
b) Allocation of water sources must be sustainable, basing on results of assessment of water use demand and water availability and agreements between water users.
c) Under normal conditions: To meet water demand for all industries, ensuring minimum flow in rivers. Minimize risk of pollution, depletion of water sources;
d / In case of drought, water shortage: To ensure 100% of water demand for daily life, meeting maximum capacity of water sources for other purposes. Minimize and minimize risk of pollution, depletion of water sources;
3.2.2. Priority in allocating water resources:
a / To ensure sufficient water for daily-life activities in both quantity and quality;
b) To ensure minimum flow for environment to maintain aquatic ecosystems in main rivers of each water area;
c) To ensure water requirements for industrial development, giving priority to industrial parks and industrial clusters which contribute to the province's economic value;
d) To ensure water supply for agriculture with priority given to livestock and aquaculture.
3.2.3. Allocation of water resources to exploiters:
a) Allocation of water resources under normal conditions:
- To ensure sufficient water for needs of sustainable exploitation use of water sources and environmental protection;
- Reserve water source for Vinh city in event of water pollution incidents is underground water in Vinh city and Nam Dan district with a total flow of about 255,000 m3 / day; of Cua Lo town will be considered and decided after 2020.
b) Allocation of water resources in shortage situation of water; In shortage situation of water, priority and allocation rates for the sectors are as follows:
- Water for daily life: 100% guaranteed;
- Water for industry: 100% guaranteed;
- Water for agriculture: To guarantee 80% of demand, giving priority to 100% of water demand for husbandry and aquaculture.
3.3. Water resources protection plan:
3.3.1. Targets and plans for water source protection:
a) In a period of 2015-2020:
- On waste water collection and treatment:
+ For daily-life wastewater in urban centers and concentrated population quarters: To collect and treat 70% of total volume of wastewater up to standard for discharge into environment, depending on use purpose of water in each river section;
+ For hospital wastewater: 95% of discharged wastewater at provincial hospitals and 80% of hospitals at district and higher levels shall be collected and treated up to environmental standards depending on their use purposes.
+ For industrial waste water: 100% of production establishments, industrial parks and industrial clusters have been and are being treated to meet environmental standards depending on use purposes of each river section. For new industrial establishments, industrial parks and clusters, to control 100% of requirements for standardization of wastewater into environment.
- Regarding improvement and restoration of polluted water sources; maintaining and protecting good water resources:
+ To approve list of water sources which need to establish protection corridors in the province;
+ To set up corridors for protection of water sources for river sections and reservoirs prior to year 2020, according to list of water sources subject to establishment of protection corridors;
Improving water quality, minimizing pollution levels, ensuring that all river sections meet water quality targets as planned;
+ 50% of 1,352 wells to be filled in the province;
+ To complete investigation and assessment of underground water in coastal plain and downstream of Ca river;
+ To minimize degradation and depletion of underground water resources in big water-exploitation areas, areas to be identified as reserve water sources, concentrated water supply for daily-life activities;
+ To protect water supply areas for groundwater in vulnerable areas of lower Ca river.
- On management of water resources:
+ 90% of number of operating waste water-discharging establishments subject to permits shall be granted permits for discharge of wastewater into water sources;
+ To complete database on water resources in the province in service of licensing and management of water resources.
b) In a 2020-2025 period:
- On wastewater collection and treatment:
+ For daily-life wastewater: To collect and treat up to 80% of total wastewater volume in the whole province;
+ For hospital wastewater: 100% of hospital-grade waste water of the district and higher levels shall be collected and treated up to standards of discharging into environment, depending on use purposes of water use;
+ For industrial waste water: 100% of production establishments, industrial parks and industrial clusters have been and are being treated to meet environmental standards depending on use purposes of each river section. For new industrial establishments, industrial parks and clusters, to control 100% of requirements for standardization of waste into environment.
- Regarding improvement and restoration of polluted water sources; maintaining and protecting good water resources:
+ To complete management of water resource protection corridors for 100% of river sections and reservoirs which are given priority in a period before 2025 according to list of water sources subject to approval of corridors;
To improve water quality, minimizing pollution levels, ensuring that all river sections meet water quality targets as planned;
+ To complete filling of wells to fill in the province;
+ To protect water supply area of groundwater for vulnerable areas in coastal districts;
+ To minimize degradation and depletion of underground water resources in big water exploitation areas, areas identified as reserve water sources and concentrated water supply for daily-life activities, including Cua Lo town.
- On management of water resources:
+ 100% of number of operating waste water discharging establishments which are subject to permits shall be granted permits for discharge of wastewater into water sources;
+ To complete and connect database on water resources in the province with database on water resources in basin for effective management of water resources;
+ To complete investigation and evaluation of underground water in midland area.
c) In a period of 2025-2035.
- On waste water collection and treatment: To collect and treat 100% of wastewater into environment for all discharged wastewater in planned areas.
- On protection of water quality:
+ 100% of sections of rivers and reservoirs will be protected and meet water quality targets as planned in a period of 2025-2035;
+ To complete and manage water resource protection corridors for 100% of river sections and reservoirs on list of water sources subject to approval of corridors.
- On management of water resources:
+ 100% of number of operating waste water-discharging establishments which are subject to permits shall be granted permits for discharge of wastewater into water sources;
+ Investigating and evaluating all underground water in the whole province.
3.3.2. Protection of surface water quality:
a) Priority of protection:
- To prioritize protection of water sources in rivers and river sections where water is supplied for daily life with the requirement to ensure both quantity and quality in all circumstances;
- Water sources of high biodiversity value, historical value, cultural preservation value;
- Water sources, landscapes and ecosystems of all major rivers, affected by domestic wastewater, industrial wastewater, craft villages, hospital wastewater;
- Water supply shall be used to ensure development of agriculture, industry and other economic sectors in region.
b) Protection contents according to periods in plan
- In a 2015-2020 period:
+ To improve water quality, overcome pollution in river sections which are currently polluted or can not meet current use purpose so as step by step to meet water quality objectives in plan period.
+ Maintaining and protecting water quality in the unpolluted river sections to ensure meeting water quality objectives in plan period;
+ To restore and protect water sources and water sources of conservation value;
+ To control polluted sources in planned areas.
- In a period of 2020-2025:
+ To maintain and protect water quality of river sections in order to ensure water source quality objectives in planned period;
+ To effectively control existing waste sources and new sources arising in the planned period;
+ To develop and implement waste discharge plan to protect water sources and protect environment in planned areas.
- In a period of 2025-2035:
+ To protect and improve water quality of river sections so as to ensure conformity with current water quality norms of Vietnam standards;
+ To strict and efficient control of waste sources in the whole province and in planned areas;
3.3.3. Protection of water resources:
- To increase planting and protection of headwater forests, protection forest and special-use forests, by 2020, to increase forest cover and quality of forest cover by 57%;
- To plan conversion or supplementation of special-use forests in some protection forests of high biodiversity value in upstream of Ca river (Ky Son, Tuong Duong) and Giang river basin (Thanh Chuong district) and Hieu river basin (districts of Que Phong, Quy Hop, Quy Chau and Tan Ky);
- To increase area of protection forest planting in sloping areas and sub-zones with positive slope planting at low sloping areas and vegetation cover to be planted to improve the efficiency of household forest.
- Planned protection forests associates with irrigation reservoirs, upstream hydropower projects: Ban Ve, Khe Bo (Tuong Duong); Hua Na (Que Phong); Ban Mong (Quy Chau, Quy Hop); Vuc Mau (Quỳnh Lưu, Hoàng Mai); Song Sao (Nghia Dan).
3.3.4. Maintaining and restoring water sources:
- To maintain minimum flow on main Ca, Hieu, Con (Dinh) rivers, Giang river, Nam Mo river and independent rivers along coast;
- Rehabilitation of polluted water sources is not suitable for living purpose in the areas / sub-areas: upper Ca, middle Ca, Hieu river basin (Ban Mong subregion - Truong river crossroad, Con river basin); and independent coastal areas (Bung river);
- Restoration of polluted water sources which are not suitable for irrigation and aquaculture purposes in river sections in sub-areas: upper Ca, middle Ca (Rao Gang river), Hieu river basin (Ban Mong sub-area, Chanh river junction) and coastal independent rivers;
3.3.5. Water quality monitoring network, waste water discharge monitoring:
Maintaining 43 points of existing surface water monitoring network, adding 05 spots for surface water quality monitoring;
Maintaining 13 points of existing underground water quality monitoring network, adding 30 underground water monitoring points;
3.4. Plan for prevention and fight against and overcoming consequences caused by water:
3.4.1. Flood control:
a / For prevention and combat of flash floods in upper Ca and Hieu rivers:
- Construction measures:
+ Strengthening forest plantation and watershed protection, enhancing basic construction management activities, resettlement program;
+ To build reservoirs for flood control in areas where flash floods are frequent;
+ To construct dykes and flash flood retaining walls: In areas where conditions permit, constructing flash flood prevention works, studying construction of dykes or flash flood retaining walls to keep flood inside current conductor, preventing impacts of flash floods to the area which must be protected.
- Non-structural measures:
+ Map of flash flood risk: a map of risk of flash flood (high risk, medium risk and less likely to happen of flash flood);
+ Land use management: land use plan on limited development in high risk of flash flood. To review and supplement plan for population quarters for resettlement from areas prone to flash floods and landslides;
+ Build forecast warning system, online network of information and transmission of measurement data: Develop flash flood forecast program; to increase equipment and capacity of processing forecast information for the provincial and district flood prevention and control committees to have synchronous, timely and accurate command systems;
+ To prepare flash flood mitigation plans at provincial, district and commune levels;
+ Risk management plan for flash floods in the province.
b) For prevention and mitigation of floods in lower Ca and independent rivers in the coastal area
- Flood prevention standards:
+ Flood prevention level on Ca river with frequency of P = 1%;
+ For river basins, summer flood control standards of P = 10%.
- Building solutions:
+ To build dyke systems to protect economic zones and residential areas;
+ To combine construction of dykes with upstream reservoirs to cut floods.
- Non-structural solutions:
+ To consolidate apparatus, raise capacity and invest in equipment for the provincial Flood and Storm Control Board;
+ To build forecast warning system, linking information and transmission of axial measurement data;
+ To prepare flood and flood mitigation plans at provincial, district and commune levels;
+ Risk management plan for floods in the province;
+ Clear flow of flood drainage;
+ To educate community.
3.4.2. Prevention of drought, salinity intrusion:
- Building solutions:
+ To upgrade and complete investment in construction of a system of water exploitation and use, ensuring operation of 100% of its capacity and incorporating construction of reservoirs according to irrigation plan in order to increase flow of wastewater for rivers, downstream areas;
+ To build capacity and boost participation of stakeholders in water resources exploitation and use; Establishing mechanisms for dialogue, exchange of information, mechanisms and responsibilities between water resource exploitation and use agencies and the State management agencies in charge of water resources;
+ In parallel with solution to build a upstream reservoir to build a saltwater culvert at Lam river estuary.
- Non-structural solutions:
+ To implement contents of allocated plan as already elaborated;
+ Maintaining minimum flow: To comply with contents of distribution plan;
+ Planting and protecting forests: To increase area for afforestation, paying special attention to protection of headwater forests, protection of forests and forest quality improvement;
+ To monitor water sources and implement water regulation in reservoirs to minimize impacts caused by lowering water levels in the Ca, Hieu, Giant and Nam Mo rivers mainstream during drought season, especially large reservoirs in area such as Ban Ve lake, Ban Mong lake and Song Sao lake;
+ To enhance community awareness of economic, social and environmental values of the country as well as need of implementing mitigation measures for drought;
+ To use water economically and apply science and technology, water saving methods and change structure of plants.
3.5. Solutions, budget and schedule for implementation of the plan:
3.5.1. Solutions and progress:
a) Management solution
- To strengthen capacity of water resources management at all levels and branches in the province;
- To step up water resource investigation and evaluation, giving priority to those areas where water shortages are inevitable and areas where water exploitation demand is to increase sharply in the plan period;
- To carry out periodical water resource inventory and assessment program; inventory of water exploitation and use;
- To complete and upgrade system of information and databases on water resources, linking them with database on environment, land and other domains, ensuring integration with database information system, on water resources, central database on natural resources and environment;
- To implement plan on distribution, protection of water resources, prevention and combat and overcoming of consequences caused by water in districts, towns and cities. Periodically reviewing, adjusting and supplementing the plan to suit practical requirements;
- To develop a program for monitoring and reporting on situation of water resources exploitation and use in different regions / sub-basins, basins in the province;
- To intensify supervision of irrigation operation and hydropower reservoirs such as Ban Ve, Khe Bo, Chi Khe, Ban Mong and Vuc Me;
- To continue reviewing, drafting and promulgating normative legal documents, focusing on mechanisms and policies on water exploitation and use, ensuring thrifty, efficient, sustainable and favorable conditions. To use water resources for daily-life, industrial and production activities in association with protection of water resources;
- To strengthen management and licensing of water resources: To complete registration and licensing of water resource exploitation projects, projects of discharge of wastewater into water sources to put into management according to regulations;
- To build capacity and boost participation of stakeholders in water resources exploitation and use; Establishing mechanisms for dialogue, exchange of information, mechanisms and responsibilities between water resource exploitation and use agencies and the State management agencies in charge of water resources;
- Communication: to develop and implement a program on dissemination of legislation on water resources in specialized agencies at grassroots level (district and commune levels), dissemination and education among the people;
- To publicize information on polluted establishments and contaminated water sources and promote community strength in monitoring and supervision of water source protection activities.
- To strengthen inspection and examination of application for permission to exploit and use water resources, discharge of wastewater into water sources, protection of water resources in the province;
- To periodically make lists of organizations and individuals that have not yet been granted permits to announce on information means.
b) Scientific and technological solutions:
- In monitoring and supervising water resources which use automatic technology and digital data transmission from observation stations to data management centers;
- To use global satellite positioning (GPS) technology and combine with geographic information system tools, remote sensing image analysis technology;
- To implement action plans to respond to climate change to prevent and mitigate impacts of drought;
- To use water saving measures in agriculture.
c/ Investment solutions:
- To invest funds for implementation of proposed projects and programs of the plan;
- To invest in construction of monitoring network and monitoring of water resources;
- To strengthen management by investing capital in implement programs, projects in field of water resources;
- To strengthen equipment for management, investigation, inventory, assessment, monitoring, monitoring and forecasting of water resources, building information systems, databases, research and application, science and technology department in water resources.
d / Solutions on mobilization of capital sources:
- To apply diversification of capital and socialization in various forms on basis of the State and the people working on projects of community significance in protection of water resources;
- The State budget capital, including central and local level. Mobilizing funding from non-governmental organizations to finance projects in extremely difficult areas with a high proportion of poor households, focusing only on public utility projects and humanitarian projects.
- To call for investment and attracting investment capital of individuals and enterprises for projects related to production and business development activities of units and investment capital of donors and organizations.
3.5.2. Funding, implementation schedule:
a) Total budget is VND 28,171.5 billion; out of which: local and social mobilization is VND 1,071.5 billion (local budget is VND 871.5 billion, social capital is VND 200 billion), the central budget is VND 27,100 billion. Specifically according to the plan stages as follows:
- Expenditure for period of 2017 - 2020: VND 340.5 billion;
- Budget for period of 2020 - 2025: VND 436.5 billion;
- Budget for period of 2025 - 2035: VND 27,394.5 billion.
4. Responsibilities of agencies and units:
4.1. The Department of Natural Resources and Environment is responsible for:
- Organizing and directing implementation of contents of the plan; publicizing the plan.
- Guiding and urging provincial / municipal agencies, departments, People's Committees, People's Committees of districts, towns and cities to base themselves on their assigned functions and tasks to organize and implement programs, plans, schemes and projects related to water resources, ensuring their compatibility with objectives, contents and solutions of this plan.
- To steer, review, evaluate and coordinate with other provincial departments, committees, districts, towns and cities and related units to implement list of tasks and projects. Based on that, specific programs should be defined, priority should be given to tasks and responsibilities of the provincial departments, committees, sectors, people's committees, districts and towns.
- To assume prime responsibility and coordinate with provincial / municipal department, branches and People's Committees and concerned functional agencies in inspecting and examining implementation of this plan; Annually, five years preliminary review, evaluate and draw experience in implementing the plan.
- To assume the prime responsibility and contact concerned central agencies and provinces in implementation of the plan.
4.2. Department of Plan and Investment: To assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with provincial / municipal department of natural resources and environment and provincial / municipal agencies, branches in advising the provincial People's Committees in evaluating and implementing tasks and projects.
4.3. Finance Department: To assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with the provincial / municipal natural resources and environment departments as well as concerned provincial / municipal agencies, departments and branches in advising the provincial People's Committees on evaluation of expenses for tasks and projects, annual investment capital shall comply with provisions of the State budget law in order to effectively implement contents of the plan.
4.4. Provincial / municipal agriculture and rural development departments shall assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with provincial / municipal natural resources and environment departments and concerned provincial agencies, branches in formulating programs, projects and detailed plans in service of development. Agriculture which is related to water resources must be consistent with objectives, content and solutions of the plan. Integrate plans of forest plantation with the plan of protection of water resources and protection of water resources in the province.
4.5. Department of Industry and Trade: According to its functions and tasks, in process of building and operating hydropower reservoirs, tasks and plans related to water resources must be consistent with the objectives in order to fulfill contents and solutions of this plan to be effective.
4.6. Construction Department: To assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with provincial / municipal natural resources and environment services in formulating water supply, waste collection and treatment projects in urban centers, towns and townships in order to ensure water supply and waste collection objectives, waste water treatment in the whole province according to phases of the plan. Integrate projects in this plan with effective waste water and waste collection and treatment projects in the province.
4.7. Other provincial d0epartments, departments and branches concerned: According to their assigned functions and tasks, to coordinate with the agency in charge of implementing related work for implementation of the plan.
4.8. People's Committees of districts, towns and cities have the following responsibilities:
- To coordinate with the department of natural resources and environment in organizing implementation of the plan in the locality. At the same time, it is necessary to propagate and mobilize organizations and individuals to implement the plan, contribute to thrifty exploitation and use and protection of water resources.
- On basis of the plan’s contents, incorporate and integrate the contents of water resource plan into local socio-economic development plans, programs and projects.
4.9. Organizations and individuals engaged in activities related to water sources must strictly comply with the provisions of law and the contents of the plan (compile dossiers of application for permits in exploitation, using water and discharging wastewater into water sources, paying environmental protection charges, exploiting natural resources, etc.); To invest in and research new technologies in production process in order to save water resources as well as to treat wastewater up to the prescribed standards, ensuring water quality objectives before discharging into the environment. Encouraging organizations and individuals to participate in socialization in waste water collection and treatment and protection of water resources.
OVERALL SOCIAL – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN OF NGHE AN PROVINCE TO 2020
I. Development viewpoint
1. Continue to renovate and create breakthrough to develop rapidly, sustainablely social - economic of the province based on promoting internal force associating with taking advantage of maximum foreign forces in active integration and international competitiveness; work closely with local authorities in the country, especially provinces of North Central region and key economic region in the Central.
2. Focus resources to create growth areas, key areas and develop strongly some breakthroughs sectors, products in order to make momentum for the fastest-growing economy and transfer economic structure towards industry, modern.
3. Develop rapidly service sectors: tourism, trade, transport, post and telecommunications, education, health, finance, banking, insurance; advantage industry in industrial parks, economic zones such as industry of producing construction materials, processing agricultural - forestry - fisheries, food, electronics, information technology, mechanics... Build diversity agriculture - forestry - fishery associated with protecting natural resources and ecological environment.
4. Ensure simultaneously achieve three goals: economic, society and environment in development. Closely combine economic development with strengthening national defense - security, strengthen political system and strong administrative foundation.
5. Attach much important to develop infrastructure system, human resource to attract investment, exploit resources inside and outside province.
II. Development goals
1. General objective
Strive to bring Nghe An province escape from poverty and poor development in 2010; basically become an industrial province in 2020; determine to bring Nghe An soon become one of wealthy provinces of the country . Construct Nghe An province to become a center of industry, tourism, trade, education, health, culture and science - technology in the North Central region; have synchronous infrastructure system ; material and cultural life of the people are improved constantly with wholesome culture ; have powerful defense - security, public order and social safety are guaranteed.
2. Specific target
2.1. Economic objective
GDP (current prices) per capital reaches USD 850 – 1,000 / person in 2010, around USD 1,560 per person by 2015 and USD 3,100 / person in 2020. Annual average growth rate of GDP in period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 12 - 13%, in period of 2011 - 2015 posts 12 - 12.5% and in period of 2016 - 2020 achieves 11.5 - 12.0%.
Transfer economic structure towards increasing non-agricultural sectors; especially, promoting service area to grow rapidly in period after 2010. By 2010, percentage of industry - construction in GDP reaches 39%, services 37% and agriculture - forestry - fishery about 24%, corresponding structure in 2015 is 41.4%, 40.4 % and 18.2% and in 2020 is 43.0%, 43.0% and 14.0%.
Develop strongly foreign economic relations. several key export products. Strive to hit export value of over USD 350 million in 2010, reaching approximately USD 850 million by 2015 and post about USD 1,900 million in 2020.
Strives to hit annual growth rate of State budget collection (under current price) in the province of about 24 - 25% in period of 2006 - 2020; reaches about VND 5,000 to 5,500 billion in 2010, accounting for 11.5% of GDP; reaching approximately VND 15,600 billion by 2015, accounting for 14.6% of GDP and achieving about VND 47,400 billion in 2020, making up 18.4% of GDP.
2.2. Social objectives
Reduce annual average birth rate from 0.2 to 0.3%o to stabilize population of about 3.5 million people in 2020; annual average rate of population growth in the planning stage is 0.97%.
Annually, create jobs for about 30,000 – 32,000 workers in period of 2006 - 2010 and about 28,000 – 30,000 workers in next ten years. Ensure 85 - 86% of workers in labor age level have jobs in 2010 and increase this rate to 89 - 90% in 2020. The rate of trained labor reaches over 40% in 2010 (in which, vocational training accounts for 25 - 27%) and 65 - 70% in 2020.
The rate of poverty household will be reduced to about 11 - 12% in 2010 and about 5% in 2020. Every year, number of children who face with difficulties circumstances and took care increases from 15 - 20%. Complete secondary education universal for 95% of pupils in cities, towns and townships and 85% of pupils in difficulties mountainous regions, communes (including vocational training, professional education, school and supplementary). Solidify all schools and classrooms.
Ensure enough beds, staff, upgrading infirmaries in all 3 routes. Increase life expectancy to 72 years old in 2010 and over 75 years old in 2020.
Have 95% of people to see the TV and 100% to hear radio in 2010 and these rates reach 100% in 2020.
Improve basically infrastructure, including systems of transportation, electricity, clean water supply. By 2010, complete construction of roads to centers of communes which have no auto roads, upgrade roads to centers of communes which can use only in a season. Ensure at least 90% of household using clean water, 98% of households has electricity to use by 2010 and increase these rates to 100% in 2020.
Rate of urbanization reaches 17% in 2010 and 37% in 2020. House area in urban areas posts 10 m2/person in 2010, reaching 12 m2/person 2015, 18 - 20 m2/person in 2020.
Ensure social order and security and national defense - security. Implement well goals of "three reduction, three quite”. Minimize social evils, especially evils of drugs and traffic accidents, ensure 100% of the drug to be detected, managed, detoxified and lower rate of re-addicts.
2.3. The objective of environmental protection
Plant trees in all of bare hills and mountains; improve rate of forest cover and quality of the cover, reaching 53% in 2010 and 60% in 2020.
Ensure clean environment for both urban areas and rural areas: 100% business enterprises hit environmental standards; 80% of garbage are collected, processed by 2010 and 95 - 100% by 2020.
III. Breakthrough branches and fields
- Growth hubs, key economic areas: South-East Nghe An Economic Zone, Vinh City, Hoang Mai, Thai Hoa, Con Cuong, coastal areas, industrial zones.
- Develop high quality human resources and science - technology potentials to meet development demands.
- Develop synchronous infrastructure in both urban and rural areas. - Invest concentrately to form a system of main products in compared advantages fields and branches (especially service sector) in order to create conditions and forces for the long-term development of the province.
- Promote reform, especially administrative reform, innovate mechanisms, policies to attract more domestic and foreign sources of capital. - Promote speed of urbanization, develop central urban, peripheral urban and other rural areas to create a new population distribution.
IV. Development orientation in branches, sectors
1. Industry - Construction
- Give priority to develop industries which have comparative advantages and stable market; pay attention on developing high technology industries to create breakthrough growth of the province.
- Average growth rate of industry - construction in period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 18.9 - 0.7% a year, 14.0 to 14.5% a year in period of 2011 - 2015, 12.0 - 12.5% / year in period of 2016 - 2020.
- By 2020, industry accounts for around 23 - 24% of GDP. Inner structure of industry move towards increasing proportion of the processing industry, reaching approximately 88% in 2020.
- Develop key industrial sector as the following:
+ Develop industry of producing construction materials to be a main industry of the province, encourage development of new products using advanced, modern technology to meet domestic demands and for export.
+ Focus on developing industries of processing agricultural - forestry - fisheries, food, of which, the province have advantages.
+ Focus on exploiting, refining tin; exploitation and processing of white stone.
+ Develop mechanical, oil industries, electronics - information technology – telecommunications industries, information technology and communications industries, industries of producing new materials, automation equipment, biological technology ... become important industries with huge added value in industrial production of the province.
+ Develop industries of textiles, leather shoes. Build Nghe An become a center of textile industry in North Central region. Gradually form garment and textile complexes in Vinh city and neighbor districts, mountainous areas (in industrial zones of Phu Quy, Anh Son).
+ Develop economic, industrial zones and trade villages: implement Project of South-East Nghe An Economic Zone to make breakthrough in industrial development of the province. Continue to complete infrastructure in industrial zones in Nam Cam, Hoang Mai, Phu Quy; research to establish more industrial zones in Hung Nguyen, Nghi Loc, Do Luong, Anh Son, Thanh Chuong.
Focus on completing construction industrial complexes and trade village in districts.
Develop services with fast, sustainable growth rate higher than GDP growth rate of the province in the period after 2010. Further enhance role of services in the economy; supporting, promoting development of other sectors, branches. Construct Vinh city become a huge service center.
Average growth rate of service in a period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 10.9 to 11.5% a year, in period of 2011 - 2015 posts 13.5 to 14.0% a year, in period of 2016 - 2020 hits 13.5 - 14.0% / year. Transfer structure of service areas toward increase sharply key services; form new sectors, service products with high added value in accordance with high advantages of the province; increase high level, high quality services; raise proportion of private sector.
Develop main service sector:
Develop Nghe An tourism in order to bring tourism sector to become an important economical sector of the province. It is expected that average growth rate of number of tourists in period of 2006 - 2010 is 12.9% per year, in period of 2011 - 2020 approximately 13% per year. Strive to have two tourism urban (Vinh, Cua Lo), a national tourism zone (Kim Lien - Nam Dan) in Nghe An province.
Diversify types of tourism, tourism products such as ecotourism, holiday, healing, swimming, cultural - history, research, learn about nature, high quality entertainment, mixed tourism with key areas such as Nam Dan and neighbor area; city of Vinh, Cua Lo town, Pu Mat National Park and neighbor area; Giang Son - Do Luong, Quy Chau, Que Phong hot mineral water zones, beach area Quynh Luu - Dien Chau - Nghi Loc.
Develop domestic market in order to meet demands of production and consumption of the people, to facilitate commercial development in rural, mountainous areas. Construct Vinh - Cua Lo become a huge trading center of Northern Central region. Develop strongly border trade in order to form and develop some main export products; increase sharply import – export value, striving to achieve export value of USD 350 million in 2010, reaching USD 850 million in 2015, and hits about USD 1,900 million in 2020. It is estimated that average growth rate of total amount of turnover of retail goods and social services posts 15.7% per year in period of 2006 - 2010 and approximately 10.0% in a period of 2011 - 2020.
Improve goods and services wholesale and retail network towards civilized and modern.
- Finance - Banking
Create favorable conditions for credit institution to operate, attract large domestic and foreign banks, securities companies to establish their branches in the province. Gradually increase percentage of medium and long-term loan in key programs and projects of the province. Develop and diversify banking services products, develop securities, insurance markets. Create preferential mechanisms to encourage developing insurance to serve development of agriculture - forestry – fisheries.
- Transport, warehousing:
Diversify types of transportation, take advantage of types of road transport, railway, sea and airway; create breakthrough in sea transport, develop marine services and passenger transport by airway. Gradually improving transport technology and service quality. Create preferential conditions for all economic sectors to participate in providing transport services. - Develop postal, telecommunications to become one of key services, play a role of supporting effectively socio-economic development and growing contribution to GDP. - Develop sharply services of consultant, technology, assets business, investments to serve individuals and communities.
3. Agriculture - forestry - fishery
Average growth rate of agriculture - forestry - fishery in a period of 2006 - 2010 reaches 5.3% per year, in a period of 2011 - 2015 hits 5.2% per year, in a period 2016 - 2020 posts 4.9% per year .
Speed up development of agriculture on basis of applying science and technical advance, transfer structure, form areas of long-term, short-term industrial trees , concentrated fruit trees at large-scale attached with processing factories such as sugarcane, tea, coffee, rubber, orange, pineapple.
Develop strongly breeding of buffaloes, cows, pigs and chickens, ducks, bring livestock to become a key production sector, accounting for 50% of the value of agricultural production after period of 2010. Invest in forming and developing pasture for cattle livestock.
Exploit and use effectively area of forestry, cultivate trees for producing high quality furniture, plywood bar, paper materials. Do well protection of special used forest, natural forest and watershed forest.
Develop comprehensively aquaculture, including catching and breeding aquaculture, focus on expanding aquaculture breeding on the sea; take quick water surface area of huge dams on breeding aquaculture. Expanding area of aquaculture breeding together with investment cultivation of all kinds varieties which have high economic value and stable market. Expand types of services for production of agriculture - forestry - fishery.
4. Social sectors
- Education, training: construct Nghe An to become a training - education center in the North Central region. Upgrade Vinh University to become international standard university. Upgrades and supplement network of vocational schools, to ensure development of high technical human resources for the province and North Central regions.
Promote education socialization
- Health, community health care: Build a high-tech health center of North Central region in Vinh city, accelerate construction of general hospital 700 beds, establishes university of medicine and pharmacy; after 2010 strive to have hospital reaching international standards, upgrade community health center of the province. Quickly build the modern provincial specialty hospitals, establishes center of food hygiene safe test. Construct a center of environment –labor health; Strengthen and develop community health centers, hospitals in districts. Focus on developing national traditional medicine. Upgrade infrastructure and strengthen human resources for health facilities in communes, wards, ensuring 100% facilities reach national health standard in 2020.
- Culture - Information: building national traditional, advanced culture, conserve and develop culture of Nghe homeland. Create a healthy cultural environment. Complete basically restoration and embellishment of historical, cultural relics. Construct, upgrade modernize infrastructure of culture – information branch.
- Gymnastic - Sports: Construct Nghe An province to become strong gymnastic –sport center of the country. Develop high achievement sports to always stand in top 10 leading provinces, cities nationwide. Have a specific orientation and adequate investment for advantage sports of the province.
- Science and technology: give priority to transfer and apply scientific and technological achievements into production and life; enhance potential of science, technology. Renovate strongly management mechanism of science, technology towards socialization, operating under market mechanism. Assign, devolve strongly scientific management, create autonomy in research and operation.
- Labor, jobs: create environment and favorable conditions for economic sectors to develop, create more jobs and increase income for workers; develop vocational training to increase employment opportunities for employees. Promote establishment and development of labor market. Promote transition of labor structure towards reduce agricultural workers, increase workers in non-agricultural sectors. Promote export of labor.
- Defense - Security: closely match economic development with ensuring national defense and security. Build the whole people national defense battlefield associating with the whole people security battlefield, build several defensive projects in key points of the province.
- Environment and prevent, resist and alleviate natural disasters: protect environment, reduce harmful effects of smoke dust, waste, poison gas. Do well natural disasters prevention, alleviation.
5. Infrastructure development
Upgrade, improve system of transport infrastructure, facilitate development of transport services.
+ Construct Vinh – Hanoi highways, expand Vinh – Quan Hanh road, build railways overpass in key points.
+ Upgrade Ho Chi Minh road, section crossing Nghe An province with scale of 4 - 6 lanes. + Expand national highway 1A at sections crossing Cau Giat, Hoang Mai towns, Nam Cam Industrial Zone...
+ Construct coastal roads from Nghi Son (Thanh Hoa) - Quynh Luu - Dien Chau - Nghi Loc to connect with ready roads in Cua Lo.
+ Construct Ben Thuy bridge II connecting with Vinh city bypass road.
+ Upgrade and improve roads No. 7, 48, 46, 15A; complete plan on both sides of Ho Chi Minh road in the province - 132 km long; lengthen highway No. 48 from Que Phong district to Thong Thu border gate, 40 km long; build highway No. 46 avoiding Vinh city from Quan Banh to Nam Dan, cutting national road No. 1A, with a scale of 6 lanes.
+ Upgrade and complete provincial highway system and roads in raw material areas, for tourism, industrial parks, roads to commune centers, economic roads associating with national defense, border patrol road, border traffic roads, transport system of internal towns and cities, including: Complete construction of road alongside Lam river, 60 km long. Construct key roads tea material areas of Anh Son, Thanh Chuong, sugarcane material areas stage II Tan Ky, Anh Son, Con Cuong; Dinh - Lat, Lat – Cay Chanh road; Sen – So road, Lam river left bank road.
- Construct Xuan Yen bridge to connect with South area of Nam Dan district and Duc Tho district, Ha Tinh province.
- Build system of bridge across Lam and Hieu rivers and other rivers in districts of Do Luong, Thanh Chuong, Anh Son, Con Cuong, Tuong Duong, Ky Son, Quy Chau, Que Phong... and road system in left bank region with about 120 km long.
- Complete construction of roads linking the western districts of Nghe An: route connecting highway No. 7 to highway No. 48, length of 123 km (over 3 districts: Tuong Duong, Con Cuong, Quy Hop); Chau Thon - Tan Xuan road ( first point in west Nghe An road, end point in Ho Chi Minh road), 127 km long, over 4 districts: Que Phong, Quy Chau, Quy Hop, Tan Ky); Xieng Thu – Yen Tinh road (through 2 districts: Ky Son, Tuong Duong).
- Construct west Nghe An road: a length of 233 km, from Muong Xen (Ky Son district) to Ban Pang (Que Phong district), several branch line to centers of communes and border post with a length of about 47 km .
- Continue to spread asphalt Muong Xen – Khe Kien with a length of about 100 km. - Built road into centers of communes which have no auto road. Upgrade road into communes which can go in only one season.
- Upgrade and build new roads in city of Vinh, Cua Lo town and planed new urban areas. Construct and equip auto system of controlling traffic in city of Vinh, Cua Lo town and other urban areas.
- Build new bus stations in Vinh city.
Build a high speed railway Vinh - Hanoi; restore Quan Hanh - Cua Lo railway, upgrade Nghia Dan – Cau Giat railway, open new railway Do Luong – Quan Hanh. Upgrade Vinh station to become station type I, separate commodity station from passenger station; upgrade sub-stations, rehabilitate Dien Chau station.
- Build, upgrade Vinh Airport to reach airport level 4C (ICAO) airport and military airport level II. Open some new air routes Vinh - Vienna (Laos), Vinh - North East Thailand, Vinh - Hainan (China).
+ Upgrade Cua Lo port: dredge narrow passage to help ships going out and in easily. Increase port capacity to reach 6 to 8 million tons in 2020, associate with formation and development of south east Nghe An economic zone. Construct Cua Lo tourism quay. + Upgrade, construct ports of Cua Hoi, Ben Thuy, Lach Quen, Lach Thoi, Cua Van... to serve seafood exploitation, commodity transportation.
+ Research to build new Dong Hoi specialized ports in Quynh Luu for thermo –electricity factory using coal with a capacity of 1,800 MW in future.
+ Carry out improvement, upgrade, dredge narrow passage for water way traffic system.
- Always do well maintenance work, upgrade and build new dam, lake system to ensuring safety in flood rainy season, water supply for production and people's lives.
- Continue to upgrade north, south irrigation system to ensure stably water for 70,000 ha. Continue to implement program of concrete canals, especially channel level I and level II.
- Develop irrigation system cultivation industrial plants, concentrated fruit trees regions.
- Strengthen sea, river dyke system to combat blow off.
- Build huge irrigation works such as Ban Mong ( Quy Hop), Thac Muoi (Thanh Chuong), Nam Viec, Sao Va (Que Phong); repair and upgrade of other irrigation projects in districts, build irrigation systems to serve salt production regions.
5.3. Electricity supply system
- 220 KV line: build a new 168 km double-circuit line Ban Ve hyower - Do Luong - Hung Dong, 75 km single –circuit line Dong Hung - Nghi Son
- 110 KV line: building double, single circuit line, upgrade system of double circuit to connect small and medium-sized power factories with the system and provide electricity to additional charge. Build new single, double circuit line to communes, economic, industrial zones.
NGHE AN PROVINCE’S PLAN ON INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT TO 2025 WITH A VISION TO 2030
I. Development viewpoint
- To grasp and apply creatively guidelines of the Party and the State on industrial development; to promote internal resources combining with external resources in order to accelerate comprehensive development of industry at a fast, sustainable and effective manner, contributing importantly to take Nghe An province to become a modernized industrialization province, associating with environmental protection;
- To promote maximum strengths of the province in order to develop industrial competitive advantages, such as: production of cement and construction materials; processing agro-forestry-fishery products, foodstuffs associating with high-tech agriculture under value chain model; mechanical industry; production of medicinal herbs; energy; industrial services for agriculture and rural areas;
- To restructure industry and quickly transform product structure into modern ones, renovating and upgrading existing equipment chains to raise competitiveness of industry in line with trend of globalization and international integration; to continue to develop labor-intensive industries to create jobs and stable incomes for the people;
- To selectively develop a number of industries with high scientific and technological content and density of added value, such as production of new materials, mechanical engineering, electronics, information technology, software industry, chemicals, biotechnology, energy and renewable energy towards green, non polluted environment. To encourage and prioritize development of supporting industry;
- To distribute rationally industrial space in the province, forming growth bands in order to bring into play strength of linkages among branches, regions and localities in order to deeply participate in the value chain;
- To strengthen investment attraction, especially FDI; to effectively mobilize all resources to invest in synchronous system of infrastructure for industrial development. To build the Southeast Economic Zone into a key economic zone of Vietnam’s Central region, quickly complete and put industrial parks into operation;
- To attach importance to training of high-quality human resources with skills, discipline and creative capability to meet requirements of industrialization and modernization for immediate and long-term demands;
- To develop environmental friendly and sustainable industries, closely link with national defense and security.
II. Development objectives
2.1. Overall objectives
- To concentrate development resources in order to realize objective of turning Nghe An province into an industrial province with synchronous economic - socio - cultural foundation and synchronous technical infrastructure.
- To strive for proportion of industry and construction to the province's GDP to increase from 32.3% in 2016 to 40-41% in 2020 and 47-48% in 2025. Contributing to restructure of economy toward direction of industrialization and modernization with high level and quality.
- To develop Nghe An industry in direction of modernization on basis of prioritizing selection of high technologies and clean technology industries in association with sustainable development without causing environmental pollution.
2.2. Specific objectives
a) In 2016 - 2020 period: To concentrate on synchronous investment in infrastructure of economic zones, industrial parks and industrial clusters; developing industries with competitive advantages such as construction materials, agro-forestry-fishery products, foodstuffs, textiles and electricity. Completing industrial restructure, rationally developing between width and depth axis in accordance with requirements of restructuring of industry and industry.
- To strive to increase average industrial production index (IIP) by 10.5-11%.
- Value of industrial production (comparing to 2010 prices) will reach VND 77,991 billion by 2020. Average growth rate of production value is 17-18%/year.
- Industrial added value (industrial VA) will reach about VND 21,000 billion by 2020 with an average growth rate of 16.9%.
b/ For 2021-2025 period: To develop industry in depth axis in conformity with trend of integration and modernity. To prioritize investment in hi-tech industries in fields of new materials, pharmaceuticals, mechanics, energy, electronics, information technology, chemicals and key digital fields, supporting industry.
- To strive that industrial production index (IIP) increases by 9.5-10%/year on average.
- Value of industrial production (comparing to that in 2010) will reach VND 165 trillion by 2025. Average growth rate of production value reaches 16.5-17%/year.
- Industrial added value will reach VND 40,000 - 42,000 billion by 2025 with an average growth rate of 13.5-14.5%/year.
c) Vision to 2030, developing strategic projects in line with trend of globalization and the fourth industrial revolution 4.0. Arranging and reorganizing production of a number of industrial branches and products, thoroughly handling environmental issues, ensuring sustainable development.
III. Plan’s content
1. Master plan for development of key industrial sectors (including supporting industry development)
1.1. Industry of producing construction material
To develop construction materials industry becomes a key sector of the province basing on potential and advantages of raw materials, natural resources and diversification of materials to meet demand for construction of technical infrastructure. To apply new technologies and modern equipment to production of construction materials in order to raise quality and lower cost of products and increase competitiveness in market. To strive for production value of VND 12,678 billion by 2020, an average growth rate in a period of 2016-2020 shall reach 20.49%, accounting for 16.25% of the whole industry. By 2025, production value will reach VND 30,800 billion; average growth rate in a period of 2021 - 2025 will be 19.43%, accounting for 18.66%.
- To continue speeding up construction of Tan Thang cement plant, Hoang Mai II cement plant; phase 2 of Song Lam cement factory. By 2020, cement capacity will reach 10 million tons, in 2025 reach 12-14 million tons.
- To attract projects of production of high-tech products such as high-grade ceramics, electrical engineering ceramics, high-grade glass ... to study new materials, light materials, composites and products and other consumption pottery goods, ensuring sustainable development, paying special attention on minimizing negative impact on ecological environment. Developing special glass products in Hemaraj industrial park, VSIP urban and service zone with capacity of 1-2 million m2 / year to meet demands of modern projects.
- To construct industrial parks, industrial complexes on producing construction materials along Ho Chi Minh road to exploit potential of mineral resources. To prioritize development of products with competitive advantages such as: stone tiles, additives, building materials, light materials. To arrange factories near raw material area and consumption market in accordance with characteristics of each type of building materials.
- To call for investment in sanitary wares, bathroom and hot water production projects from well-known trademarks; producing interior walling materials, which can prevent condensation, prevent stain and can absorb odors; external facing materials have a high waterproofing surface, anti-adhesion, self-cleaning ability, prevent development of mold moss; energy-saving glasses ... to meet demand of domestic construction and export.
1.2. Industry of processing agricultural, forestry and fishery products, food
- To attach importance to invest in advanced technologies and modern equipment in association with hi-tech agriculture. To take initiative in planning high-quality agricultural and aquatic raw materials areas in order to ensure food hygiene and safety standards in order to increase competitiveness for active integration into the region and the world. To attach importance to building and development of trademarks in domestic and export markets.
- To plan construction of a number of agro-industrial complexes, specialized industrial clusters and branch-linked clusters under closed production chain model with synchronous infrastructure in order to minimize negative impacts on environment.
- By 2020, production value of agro-forestry-fishery products will reach VND 24,696 billion, average growth rate in a period 2016-2020 is 14,39%, accounting for 31,66% in total industrial production value of the whole province. By 2025, production value will be VND 43,615 billion, average growth rate in a period of 2021 - 2025 will be 12.05%, accounting for 26.43%.
a) Processing agricultural products:
+ To ensure material areas for sugar industry to develop steadily, to raise productivity, quality and competitiveness of sugar. Calling investment for ethanol processing plants in Quy Hop, Tan Ky, Anh Son ...
+ To encourage tea enterprises to invest in upgrading equipment and processing technologies which associates with developing stable material areas, especially in processing green tea and black tea. To focus on building Nghe An tea brand to increase competitiveness and export value. To attract investment in factories of processing high-class products from tea such as soft drinks bottled green tea, soluble green tea, oil extracted from green tea...
+ To promote efficiency of Nui Tien fruit juice processing project to reach designed capacity of up to 36,000 bottles per hour. Attracting investment in orange juice processing plant (in Quy Hop or Nghia Dan) which reaches capacity of 80,000 - 90,000 tons of fruit per year.
+ Rubber processing: Construction of rubber latex processing plants in Tan Ky, Nghia Dan with a capacity of 300 tons per day in association with the expansion of rubber planting area.
b) Food processing
+ Producing a variety of sweeteners and seasonings to meet the domestic market demand and boosting the export to other Asian and EU countries. Create favorable conditions to attract investment and to expand confectionery production facilities.
+ To invest in processing lines of vegetables and fruits with modern equipment and technologies in industrial parks in midland and mountainous areas near raw material areas such as canned products, dried products, condensed fruit juice, fruit jam,... in associated with the development of high-tech agriculture.
+ Planning the livestock sector to meet the raw materials for the animal processing industry. Attract investment to build plants of processing meat and products from meat and poultry in industrial zones with a capacity of 10,000 tons of products per year.
+ To attract new investment in cooking oil refining plant in the South-Eastern Economic Zone, study and expand the capacity of Tuong An Vegetable Oil Processing Plant.
+ To make new investment to raise the capacity of TH dairy plant and Vinamilk dairy plant to reach capacity of 450 million liters by 2020 and 800 - 1,000 million liters by 2025.
c/ Production of animal feeds
To call for investment in animal feed processing plants in localities where ensure the environmental factors; in order to make use of agricultural by-products to produce animal feeds for local demand. To develop diversified and plentiful kinds of animal feeds for cattle, poultry and aquatic animals with appropriate nutrient content for each stage of livestock development, meeting increasingly high and diversified demand of customers.
d) Forest product processing
Raising the capacity of Phase II Nghia Dan wood processing plant - May Forestry Joint Stock Company reaches 400,000 m3 / year of MDF board, 10,000 m3/year of products / year of export wooden bar in 2020. Attract investment into projects of producing industrial wood boards in Anh Son, Tan Ky, Con Cuong with scale accordance with the planning of raw materials from planted forests and imported wood. Investing into factories of furniture and office furniture with capacity of 10,000 m3 / year.
e) Fisheries processing
Diversify processed products, especially export products, to make use of the fisheries materials in the province. To increase investment into frozen food processing with a capacity of 5-10 thousand tons of products per year and dry aquatic product processing for export to European countries, America , Japan and Central Middle East countries, Brazil.
To develop projects of processing high quality seafood in Nam Cam & Hoang Mai Industrial Zone or Quynh Nghia Industrial Groups with a capacity of 10,000 tons per year. Expand the canned fish factories and frozen storage system of Royal Foods Group to 150 - 200 tons of fresh fish raw materials per day in Nam Cam Industrial Zone. Facilitate the Northern Massan Group to increase its production capacity to 200 million liters of fish sauce per year.
To invest into industrial clusters of processing aquatic products and processing places for domestic consumption in craft villages in some localities: Quynh Nghia (Quynh Luu), Dien Van (Dien Chau), Quynh Di, Quynh Phuong (Hoang Mai).
1.3. Mechanics & metallurgy Industry
- To prioritize the development of the mechanical engineering industry to become one of the main sectors of Nghe An, achieving a higher growth rate than the industry average. The output value will reach VND 12,243 billion by 2020, the average growth rate in the period 2016-2020 will be 27.22% per year, accounting for 15.70% of the whole industry. By 2025, the production value will reach VND 28,314 billion, the average growth rate in the period of 2021 - 2025 will be 18.26%, accounting for 17.16%.
- Investing and making Nghe An to become a major mechanical center of the North Central region, meeting the demand of localities and neighboring provinces in supplying agricultural machines, color galvanized steel, construction steel pipes, small and medium-sized vessels, construction equipment, steel structures, and major repairs of machines and equipment respectively, automobile spare parts, trucks and truck parts, cement auxiliary equipment and spare parts of mining machinery.
- To develop supporting industries in the mechanical engineering industry with a selection of technologies and products …in accordance with the development condition in each period, with priority given to encouraging the investment into the production of products with modern technology, high technology which have low impact on the environment to serve effectively for economic sectors.
- Distribution of the mechanical industry according to the stratified technology model in two areas: first area includes the South-eastern Economic Zone, the industrial parks and industrial groups surrounding Vinh city, give priority to the distribution of the mechanical engineering industry at the high-tech level, environmentally friendly, developing the supporting industries in the mechanical industry; Second Region will build small and medium scale industrial clusters in districts and townships to promote the industrialization of rural agriculture.
1.4. Textile and garment-leather production
To encourage the development of supporting industries in the textile - garment and leather-footwear industry in order to raise the added value of the products. Be active in researching, designing, manufacturing equipment and spare parts. To attract investment in projects on producing yarns, weaving and artificial fibers to step by step meet the textile demands in terms of types, quality and quantity, aiming to increase the ratio Localization in the direction of improving product quality and reducing environmental pollution.
Establishing textile garment factories in Tho Loc Industrial Park and other localities in Nam Dan, Thai Hoa and Do Luong …. Distribute garment and textile enterprises in areas where local labor sources are available, to make sure the sustainable development to improve production efficiency and participate in the value chain. To develop artificial fiber factories in Dong Hoi Industrial Park in association with Nghi Son petrochemical refinery. Calling for investment into jeans factories and projects of footwear production for export.
To establish a fashion design center, a center for designing models, providing services, raw materials, textile technology in Vinh city, VSIP Nghe An urban and industrial park, Tho Loc industrial park.
By 2020, the textile and garment and footwear production value will reach VND 6,300 billion and the average growth rate in the period 2016 - 2020 will reach 14,29%. In particular, the textile and garment sector increased by 18-20%, export growth rate reached 18-20% / year, domestic market from 10-12% / year. By 2025, the production value will be about VND 13,200 billion, the growth rate of the period 2021 - 2025 will be 15,94%; built some famous garment brands in the province.
1.5. Chemical industry
a / The 2016-2020 period: The production value-added auction shall reach VND 3,500 billion by 2020, an average growth rate of 25.55% / year, accounting for 4.48% of the total production value of the entire industry. To create favorable conditions for investment attraction in all product groups, focusing on three main groups of potential products which are fertilizers, rubber products and pharmaceuticals.
- On the basis of current inorganic fertilizer plants, re-organize the investment in depth, renovate the equipment, improve the quality and increase the capacity to meet the market demand and integration demand. To consider investment into projects of ammonium sulphate fertilizers and fused phosphate fertilizers.
- To develop the pharmaceutical industry to become a major branch attached to the concentrated material-growing area (passion fruit, ginger, turmeric, lemongrass, turtles and other valuable medicinal herbs) in the most of the mountainous and midland areas, ensuring inputs for pharmaceutical processing plants, functional foods plants.... Investment in the construction of plants of natural and semi-natural extracted pharmacy with the capacity of 200 ÷ 300 tons / year, plants of producing pharmacy-chemical with the capacity of 300 ÷ 500 tons/ year.
- To invest in renewing equipment and technologies, raising the capacity of existing plastic plants of Hoa Sen, Tien Phong, Hoa Phat, recycle plastic resins, producing plastic resins and plastic additives....
b/ For a period of 2021 - 2025: production value shall reach VND 8,500 billion by 2025, an average growth rate of 19.42%, accounting for 5.15%. Focusing on investment projects, product groups:
- Factory of producing industrial plastic with a capacity of 50-100 thousand tons/ year; projects of producing rubber products such as tubes, tires, conveyors, belts, technical rubber products for the assembly industry, plastic products (plastic powder, plastic resins, additives, industrial packaging, engineering plastics, household plastics and other high-end consumption products...).
- To develop a group of basic chemical products to meet demand in the province and in the country. Producing Ion-Lithium batteries, batteries for cars, motorcycles, electric bicycles, diversified industrial gas products.
- To invest in paint factory, paint waterproofing, anti-rust ... in industrial zones in the province with modern technology, good quality to meet market demand.
1.6. Electric – electronic industry, information technology
To develop electric - electronic industry and information technology industry to become spearhead branch of the province with high growth rate. By 2020, production value will reach VND 5,000 billion, average growth rate in a period 2016-2020 will be 19.14%/year, accounting for 6.41% of total industrial production value. By 2025, production value will be VND 12,800 billion, average growth rate of 2021-2025 will be 20.68%, accounting for 7.75%. Focus on following products:
- To develop method of assembling electrical equipment and projects of producing of electric cables. To prioritize investment in projects on production of electronic products: mobile phones; fiber optic and telecommunication cables; computers and peripherals; electronic authentication system; value-added software on mobile networks and broadband systems ... to meet demand for electric and electronic products in the country and for export.
- To attract projects on production of hi-tech products in telecommunications and information technology such as computer security and network security software; automatic translation equipment and software; software and equipment for audio recognition, digital devices.
- To build an information technology park, a software park in Vinh city and a hi-tech park in the Southeast economic zone. By 2025, Nghe An will be the leading group in attracting foreign investment in information technology industry, becoming information technology center in the north central region.
- To prioritize projects of supporting industries of electricity, electronics and information technology in urban and service industrial parks of VSIP, Nam Cam, Hemaraj: basic electronics – optoelectronics spare parts; quartz components; electronic circuit; materials for manufacturing electronic components; plastic, rubber components, mechanical - electronic components, glass components; laptop battery, mobile phone battery for industrial assembly electronic products, information technology; electronic components for automobile industry....
1.7. Energy industry, water production and distribution
a) Plan on power supply sources:
- To develop electricity industry in the province under national plan on electricity, general plan VII (Decision No. 1208 QĐ-TTg dated July 21, 2001 and scheme on adjustment of national electricity development plan in 2011-2020 period with a vision to 2030 (Decision No. 428/QĐ-TTg) dated March 18, 2016.
At the same time, calculating new loads which will appear in plan period to ensure safe and stable electricity supply for production and daily life.
- To rationally exploit hydropower potential, develop other forms of energy to supply electricity to people and areas without electricity. At the same time, take advantage of seaport to develop coal power plants in Dong Hoi industrial zone, Hoang Mai town. From now to 2025, strive to complete investment and put into operation all hydropower projects to stabilize production with total capacity of 582.9 MW in dry season and 1,367 MW in rainy season. Completing and puting into operation two thermal power plants of Quynh Lap 1 and Quynh Lap 2 with total capacity of 2,400 MW with modern technology. Making use of ash to make construction materials, floor leveling.
- To improve quality and reliability of power networks; to ensure that percentage of households having electricity in the locality is 98%, people can buy electricity at the price equal to or lower than the prescribed ceiling price; 90% of households are sold electricity at home.
b) Water production and distribution:
- To rationally and effectively exploit capacity of existing plants and water supply stations, and increase investment in new ones, which have not yet been available. To strive for a target that by 2020, 100% of population will have access to clean water in urban areas and 95% in rural areas, out of which 60% will come from water supply facilities.
- To construct a water supply plant in the north with a capacity of 17,000 m3 per day and a plant in the south of the southeastern economic zone with a capacity of 26,000 m3/ day; raise capacity of Hoang Mai water supply plant Phase II to 80,000m3 by the end of 2020; to build 4 to 5 water plants with a total capacity of 100,000 - 150,000 m3/ day, located in Anh Son, Thanh Chuong, Tan Ky, Nghia Dan and Thai Hoa districts to serve concentrated industrial parks and agro-forestry complexes; to build medium-sized water plants in industrial complexes when having demand.
1.8. Beverage industry (wine - beer – soft drinks)
By 2020, production value of beverage industry will reach VND 3,700 billion and average growth rate in a period of 2016-2020 will be 21.25%, accounting for 4.74% of total production value of the industry. By 2025, production value will reach VND 8,522 billion, average growth rate will be 18,16%, basically holding proportion in the whole industry structure at 5.16%.
- To continue to create favorable conditions for attracting investors to produce beer and soft drinks. Expanding capacity of large enterprises located in the area (Habeco, Sabeco, purified water of Nui Tien) to demand of consumption and export. To concentrate on developing capacity of producing beer with high quality standards, diversification types and models, ensuring hygiene and food safety. By 2020, beer production capacity will reach 350 million liters, 20 million liters of beverage; By 2025, 450 million liters of beer, 25-30 million liters of beverage.
- To invest in industrial wineries of appropriate scale to ensure hygiene and safety; wineries from fresh fruits which are associated with development of raw material areas in Thai Hoa, Nghia Dan or Tan Ky with a capacity of 2-3 million liters per year. To call for investment in a factory of producing fresh water and carbonated drinks with a capacity of 2 million liters / year.
1.9. Mining and mineral processing industry
To bring into play full of strengths of mineral potential in region such as tin, basalt, white stone... to attract investment with priority given to deep-processing projects creating high added value for products. By 2020, production value of the industry will reach VND 2,550 billion, average growth rate in a period of 2016-2020 will be 15.91%, accounting for 3.27% of total production structure of the industry. By 2025, production value will reach VND 4,200 billion, average growth rate in a period of 2021 - 2025 will be 10.49%, accounting for 2.54%.
To create conditions for existing mineral processing establishments (tin refining, fine super stone powder) to raise their capacity and renovate modern equipment, ensuring tin refining capacity of 3,000 tons/ year, fine super stone powder of 1 million tons/ year. Expanding exploitation sites of Tan Ky, Que Phong to create more sources. Focusing on technology exploitation, labor safety, limiting environmental pollution. To strongly develop flooring stone unit to reach 1 million m2/ year, fine art stones of 1 million tons/ year.
1.10. Plan on development of industrial parks, industrial complexes, building craft villages
a/ Development of industrial parks
To step by step upgrade the existing industrial parks under direction of forming industrial parks in form of a cluster and at the same time to complete infrastructure works up to modern standards. To prioritize development of hi-tech parks, clean industrial parks, parks of supporting industry and specialized industry. Constructing service areas, urban areas, apartment buildings and social welfare facilities for laborers.
- From now to 2020, mobilizing all resources to invest in infrastructure of industrial parks in Southeast economic zone (industrial parks of Nam Cam, Tho Loc, Hoang Mai I, Hoang Mai II, Dong Hoi, urban and service zones, VSIP, Hemaraj urban and service center) and Song Da, Tan Ky, Nghia Dan and Tri Le industrial parks.
- In a period of 2021 - 2025, study and select suitable locations in areas near Ho Chi Minh highway such as Khai Son (Anh Son district) or Thanh Thuy (Thanh Chuong district), Tan Ky and Nghia Dan. To add one to two closed agro-forestry and industrial complexes for pharmaceutical production, agricultural and forest product processing and animal husbandry. To select one of the following places: Thai Hoa, Nghia Dan or Hoa Son (Do Luong district) to form an urban, industrial and service complex which meet demands of socio-economic development.
b) Development of industrial clusters
- From now to 2020, to mobilize resources for synchronous construction of industrial park infrastructure so as to bring into play efficiency of attracting investment and ensuring environment. To study and supplement plans of industrial complexes such as Phuc Cuong (Nam Dan), Quynh Thuan (Quynh Luu), Cua Lo, industrial complex for fine art stone processing. To select suitable location to plan some clusters of craft villages in order to relocate business households in polluted trade villages to concentrated production area.
- In a period of 2021 - 2025, to continue investing in infrastructure of planned industrial clusters of the previous period. To survey and select a number of suitable locations in the following localities: Dien Chau, Hoang Mai, Nghia Dan, Nam Dan, Thanh Chuong, Do Luong and Tuong Duong to plan more industrial complexes to be a satelite for large enterprises, economic zones, industrial parks.
c) Building a trade village
- To expand existing craft villages so as to ensure sustainable development of craft villages, not in quantity but in quality. To increase investment in building infrastructure by supporting sources and socializing development of craft villages.
- To continue to prioritize traditional villages of agricultural, forestry, fishery and food processing; arts and crafts, silk weaving; embroidery, yarn hooks, brocade weaving; cloudiness; mechanical repair. Building a model of traditional villages in mountainous districts which are associated with potential for tourism development. By 2020, the province will recognize 155-160 craft villages and 180-190 craft villages by 2025. 100% of craft villages are recognized for environmental protection and hygiene and safety standards.
- Village laborers will reach 60,000 people by 2020; 90,000 people in 2025. 9,000-10,000 per year is expected to get vocational training and 80-85% of labors will be trained by 2025.
2. Spatial development plan
Basing on potential and practical ability, development orientation of space is arranged in association with the following areas:
a) For Vinh city and coastal areas (Cua Lo town, Hoang Mai town and coastal strip along national highway 1A in Nghi Loc, Dien Chau and Quynh Luu districts): communication, seaports, infrastructure of Southeastern economic parks, centralized industrial parks and qualified labor force should focus on development of a number of occupations including:
- Producing construction materials using new technology, products for living such as office equipment, refrigeration...
- Food industry, beverages, consumption goods (garment, footwear, home appliances).
- Mechanical industry and mechanical supporting industry.
- Manufacturing electrical and electronic equipment, information technology and supporting industries in electricity, electronics and information sectors.
- Water production and distribution.
- Building hi-tech industry centers.
- Seafood processing, shipbuilding and ship repairing.
- To develop Nam Cam - Tho Loc and Hoang Mai - Dong Hoi areas into concentrated industrial strips at regional scale on basis of prioritizing attraction of investment in a number of hi-tech industries, less polluting heavy industry which does not affect marine tourism potential.
b) For plain and semi-mountainous areas (Hung Nguyen, Nam Dan, part of Nghi Loc and Dien Chau districts): This area is quite favorable with relatively flat terrain with an area of 750 hectares, VSIP Nghe An urban and service zone is actively constructing infrastructure so it is very convenient to attract investment. Orientations for development of branches:
- Labor-intensive industries: textiles, leather and footwear, electronic components, household goods.
- Chemical and supporting industries, chemical industry, high-grade rubber products, plastics, biotechnology.
- Food and beverage industry.
- Manufacturing electronics, information technology and supporting industries.
- Producing civil construction materials, materials using new technology, products for living such as office equipment, refrigeration...
- Some processing industries rely on imported raw materials but do not emit a lot of waste and have a low risk of pollution.
- For VSIP Nghe An industrial park and Hemaraj industrial park: given a priority for attracting investment in hi-tech industrial projects, core areas of digitization and supporting industry.
c/ For mountainous districts along Ho Chi Minh and surrounding areas (including districts of Nghia Dan, Thai Hoa, Tan Ky, Anh Son, Thanh Chuong and two neighboring districts of Do Luong and Quy Hop): with an advantage of extensive land resources, mineral resources, forest resources and abundant local materials; to attach importance to development of the following branches:
- Exploitation and processing of minerals (only for deep processing).
- Processing agricultural products, forest products, foodstuffs which are associated with development of raw material areas of plants and animals to form a relatively complete value chain including agricultural inputs (fertilizer, agricultural machinery, wood processing, paper and paper products, tea, rubber, coffee, livestock feed, livestock processing...).
- Food industry, beverages (milk, fruit juices).
- Supporting industry, mechanical industry, agricultural machine production.
- Production of textile materials, garment processing, footwear production.
- Exploiting and producing construction materials (brick, tile, construction stone...).
- To develop branches in association with Nghia Dan, Song Dinh and Tan Ky industrial parks.
d/ For highland areas: Depending on existing potentials, to create favorable conditions for industrial production projects with stringent environmental protection requirements. Review hydropower projects in the plan to assess effectiveness before deciding on investment. To prioritize attraction of projects on processing agricultural products, wood processing, pharmaceuticals, slaughtering and processing of animal products, production of animal feeds... ensuring stable consumption of agricultural and forest products for farmers. To attach importance to development of cottage industry and craft villages in combination with tourism potentials. Developing small and medium enterprises system, small-scale industry cooperative.
IV. Capital requirements for implementing the plan and structure of investment capital
- Demand for capital for industrial development to 2025 is about VND 356,710 billion, equivalent to USD 17.8 billion. Out of which: in 2017 - 2020 period, demand for investment capital is VND 119,910 billion, equivalent to USD 5.99 billion. In a period of 2021 - 2025, demand for investment capital is VND 236.800 billion VND, equivalent to USD 11.84 billion USD.
- Capital structure: out of total amount of investment capital by 2025, mobilized capital from the State budget will be around 20 - 30%. This capital mainly focuses on building infrastructure (traffic works, electricity supply, water supply, infrastructure of industrial parks, industrial complexes, craft villages), part of capital for human resource development and research, renovate technology. Domestic loans are expected to require around 15-16% of total amount of investment capital for the whole period. Total amount of owned capital of enterprises and mobilized capital in the population is expected to hit about 18 - 20%. FDI is expected to attract about 33 - 34%.
V. Implemented solutions
1. Mobilization and efficient use of capital sources: To make full use of sources of capital from the State budget, ODA and aid capital for construction of transport infrastructure works and infrastructure of economic zones, industrial parks, industrial clusters; to attract social resources for investment in infrastructure works for industrial development in form of public-private partnership (PPP); to encourage and attract economic sectors to invest in construction of infrastructure in Southeastern economic zone, industrial parks and industrial complexes.
To continuously improve investment environment and organize good propaganda and investment promotion to attract capital from domestic enterprises, FDI enterprises to invest in industry, especially high technology industry, supporting industry.
To create capital through bank credit, stepping up lending in form of credit guarantee for small and medium enterprises. Increasing cost savings, lowering production costs, turning capital circulation to improve production and business efficiency for enterprises.
2. Synchronous investment of technical infrastructure: In short term, priority will be given to allocate capital for key projects: VSIP urban and service zone, Hemaraj industrial park; constructing road to Tan Thang cement plant, highway 1A of Thai Hoa - Nghia Dan, road connecting N5 Southeast economic zone to Hoa Son, Do Luong, Dong Hoi, Cua Lo, etc. Making use of support from the central government and international cooperation to form and build hi-tech parks.
To synchronously build infrastructures of industrial parks and industrial complexes, especially concentrated waste water treatment systems, investing in roads to raw material areas to create basis for industrial development.
To invest in electricity networks to ensure sufficient supply of electricity for production, especially grid and transformer stations, in order to serve needs of important industrial production establishments, industrial parks and clusters.
3. To perfect system of mechanisms and policies for industrial development: to continue studying, reviewing, formulating and supplementing preferential policies and investment supports; policies on management and development of industrial parks; policies on investment support for industrial park’s infrastructure construction; policy on encouraging development of techmart and craft villages in the province in accordance with new situation. To implement preferential mechanism for the Southeastern economic zone and industrial parks in mountainous areas of Nghe An. To study and propose promulgation of specific policies and mechanisms for key industries, hi-tech industries and supporting industry.
4. Solutions on investment promotion and attraction
- To prioritize funding sources for industrial investment promotion activities, organizing investment promotion seminars in major economic centers and countries. Promoting, disseminating and distributing publications, introducing images, investment opportunities, organizing conferences, investment seminars, trade meeting between domestic and foreign enterprises.
- To selectively attract new investors by prioritizing projects on production of hi-tech products and supporting industries. To continue to accelerate reform of administrative procedures to ensure quick and convenient.
5. Training and improving quality of human resources
To develop a special mechanism to attract high-quality human resources, with a focus on wage policy, working environment and housing support, cultural and spiritual living conditions and related conditions. To attach importance to training the highest quality human resources in fields of information technology, designing, mechanics and automation on basis of coordination between enterprises and universities in the localities. To set up a system of laboratories, build centers for research and development in fields of information technology, communications, bio-technology, new materials ... which are capable of researching and developing new products to attract talent.
6. Solutions on science and technology
To accelerate establishment of hi-tech parks in order to attract domestic and foreign investment capital, to study, develop and apply high technologies, incubate hi-tech enterprises, train hi-tech human resources and produce, trade hi-tech products; At the same time, it positively impacts improvement of technology in the province. To enhance support for enterprises in renewing their technologies, applying advanced technologies, high technologies and green technologies to production.
7. Solutions on market and enhancing competitiveness
- To effectively carry out trade promotion programs annually, attaching importance to promoting trade and expanding overseas markets, encouraging enterprises to enter new markets. Creating conditions for provincial enterprises to participate in trade fairs and market connection activities, focusing on international specialized fairs. Associating provinces in the region to cooperate and organize trade promotion activities, promote investment, participate in market development activities under national trade promotion program.
- To focus on restructuring rational branch in line with potential and advantages of the province. To prioritize development of hi-tech industries, step by step reduce proportion of processing, preliminary processing and exploitation of resources. Assisting enterprises in the region to renovate technologies and equipment in order to raise competitiveness of industrial products.
8. Ensure stable input materials for production
- To develop concentrated raw material areas for processing industry, implement policies of exchanging fields to create raw material area at sufficient size. Facilitating development of supporting industries to remove bottlenecks in raw materials for garment, leather-footwear, mechanics, electronics ... To step up industrial promotion and support development for small and medium industrial enterprises, rural industries to be satellite for large enterprises.
9. Strengthening environmental protection
- To strengthen communication, raising awareness and responsibility in environmental protection. Supporting enterprises to apply technical standards on cleaner production, improve efficiency of using raw materials. To prioritize development of hi-tech industry, green industry; Restricting and gradually replacing obsolete equipment technology, polluted fields.
- To further invest in upgrading concentrated wastewater treatment systems in industrial parks and industrial zones so as to ensure that by 2020, all industrial parks and complexes shall have their own treatment systems up to the prescribed environmental standards. Strengthening management of solid waste. Carrying out roadmap for moving polluted units which are intermingled with residential areas into industrial parks and clusters.