AsemconnectVietnam - The Voice of Vietnam is a national radio broadcasting station attached to the Government, performing the functions of providing information on and propagating Party guidelines and policies and state laws, contributing to raising the people's intellectual standards and serving their spiritual life through radio programs, radio broadcast on the Internet, visual radio broadcast and print.
I. Position and functions
1. The Voice of Vietnam is a national radio broadcasting station attached to the Government, performing the functions of providing information on and propagating Party guidelines and policies and state laws, contributing to raising the people's intellectual standards and serving their spiritual life through radio programs, radio broadcast on the Internet, visual radio broadcast and print.
2. The Voice of Vietnam is its international transaction name, which is abbreviated to Dai TNVN in Vietnamese and VOV in English.
3. The Voice of Vietnam is subject to the Ministry of Information and Communication's state management of its press, radio frequency, transmission and broadcasting activities.
II. Tasks and powers
The Voice of Vietnam shall perform the following tasks and exercise the following powers:
1. To submit to the Government regulations on its functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure for promulgation, amendment or supplementation.
2. To submit to the Prime Minister its long-term, five-year and annual development strategies, plannings and plans and important projects; to organize the implementation of those strategies, plannings and plans after they are approved by the Prime Minister.
3. To submit to the Prime Minister the establishment, reorganization or dissolution of its organizations, which fall within the Prime Minister's deciding competence.
4. To plan, formulate and send national standards to the Ministry of Science and Technology for evaluation and publication under the provisions of Clause 1, Article 17 of the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations; to formulate and publish manufacturer standards under the provisions of Article 20 of the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations; to plan, formulate and submit national technical regulations to the Minister of Science and Technology for evaluation and promulgation under the provisions of Clause 4, Article 9 of the Government's Decree No. 127/2007/ND-CP of August 1, 2007, detailing the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations.
5. The general director of the Voice of Vietnam Radio may promulgate documents for specific application and internal regulations under its management and may not promulgate legal documents.
6. To decide on its production and broadcast programs, time volumes, plans and locations in accordance with law.
7. To produce programs and transmit and broadcast them; to collect news, materials, audio-visual products and multimedia communication products; to observe the law on national archive of radio broadcast materials.
8. To manage, operate and effectively use its specialized technical system.
9. To manage its organizational apparatus, payroll, recruitment and employment; to implement regulations on wages, transfer, rotation, appointment and re-appointment of cadres, and regulations and policies on preferential treatment, commendation and discipline of cadres, civil servants, public employees and laborers under its management; to provide training and retraining in radio broadcasting operations.
10. To enjoy autonomy and accountability for its task performance, organizational apparatus, payroll and finance; to assign autonomy and accountability for task performance, organizational apparatus, payroll and finance to its revenue-generating non-business units in accordance with law.
11. To implement its annual budget estimates after they are approved; to manage its assigned finance and assets in accordance with law.
12. To decide on, and organize the implementation of, its administrative reform plan according to the state administrative reform program and plan already approved by the Prime Minister.
13. To organize and direct scientific research and application of scientific and technological advances of the radio broadcasting industry.
14. To enter into international cooperation on radio broadcasting in accordance with law.
15. To manage investment and construction projects within its competence in accordance with law; to participate in evaluating important radio broadcasting schemes and projects at the request of the Prime Minister.
16. To carry out service activities in accordance with law.
17. To promulgate, and guide the implementation of, professional regulations applicable to its organizations and units in accordance with law.
18. To examine the observance of policies and laws and the performance of assigned tasks by organizations, individuals, cadres, public employees and laborers according to its competence; to coordinate in settling complaints and denunciations related to cadres and public employees within its competence in accordance with law; to prevent and combat corruption, wastefulness, red tape and imperiousness among its employees and units.
19. Regarding management of its attached state enterprises:
a/ To perform specific tasks and exercise specific powers in representing the owner of state capital portions at its state enterprises in accordance with law;
b/ To direct the implementation of schemes on establishment, reorganization, dissolution or equitization of state enterprises under its management after they are approved by the Prime Minister;
c/ To approve charters, and appoint and relieve from office directors, deputy directors and chief accountants of not-yet-equitized state enterprises under its management.
20. To participate in formulating development strategies and plannings of Vietnam's radio broadcasting system.
21. To guide local radio broadcasting or radio-television broadcasting stations in providing training and retraining in radio broadcasting operations; to advise on, and apply broadcasting techniques and technologies.
22. To report to the Government, the Prime Minister and competent state agencies.
23. To perform other tasks assigned by the Government or the Prime Minister or according to law.
III. Organizational structure
1. The Department for Editorial Secretariat and Audience.
2. The Organization and Personnel Department.
3. The Planning and Finance Department.
4. The International Cooperation Department.
5. The Examination Board.
6. The Office.
7. The Current-Political-General Affairs Department (VOV1).
8. The Culture-Life-Science-Education Department (VOV2).
9. The Music-Information-Entertainment Department (VOV3).
10. The Department for Radio Broadcast in Ethnic Minority Languages (VOV4).
11. The Department for Radio Broadcast of Foreign Service News (VOV5).
12. The Department for Visual Radio Broadcast (VOVTV).
13. The News Center.
14. The Radio Broadcasting Techniques Center.
15. The Audio Center.
16. The Center for Radio Advertisement and Broadcasting Services (VOVas).
17. The Radio Informatics and Technology Center (RITC).
18. The VOVNews online.
19. The Voice of Vietnam newspaper.
20. The Resident Office in the Northwestern region.
21. The Resident Office in the Central Vietnam.
22. The Resident Office in the Central Highlands.
23. The Resident Office in Ho Chi Minh City.
24. The Resident Office in the Mekong river delta region.
25. Foreign-based resident offices, which shall be decided by the general director of the Voice of Vietnam after obtaining the Prime Minister's permission.
Leaders of the Voice of Viet Nam
Nguyen The Ky
Deputy General Director
Deputy General Director
Tran Minh Hung
Deputy General Director
Nguyen Xuan Huy
Address: No. 58 Quan Su St., Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel: 84-4-38255694 ;84-4-8265367