Decision No. 02/2019/QD-TTg dated January 8, 2019 of the Prime Minister on amendments and supplements to certain articles of Prime Minister’s Decision No. 11/2017/QD-TTg dated April 11, 2017 on mechanism for encouragement of development of solar power in Vietnam
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 8, 2019
AMENDMENTS AND SUPPLEMENTS TO CERTAIN ARTICLES OF PRIME MINISTER’S DECISION NO. 11/2017/QD-TTG DATED APRIL 11, 2017 ON MECHANISM FOR ENCOURAGEMENT OF DEVELOPMENT OF SOLAR POWER IN VIETNAM
Pursuant to the Law on Government Organization dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Electricity dated December 3, 2004; the Law on Amendments and Supplements to certain Articles of the Law on Electricity dated November 20, 2012;
Pursuant to the Law on Investment dated November 26, 2014;
Pursuant to the Law on Construction dated June 18, 2014;
Upon the request of the Minister of Industry and Trade,
The Prime Minister hereby promulgates the Decision on amendments and supplements to certain articles of the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 11/2017/QD-TTG dated April 11, 2017 on the mechanism for encouragement of development of solar power in Vietnam.
Article 1. Amendments and supplements to certain articles of the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 11/2017/QD-TTG dated April 11, 2017 on the mechanism for encouragement of development of solar power in Vietnam (hereinafter referred to as Decision No. 11/2017/QD-TTg)
1. Clause 2 of Article 12 shall be amended as follows:
“2. Rooftop solar power projects
a) Rooftop solar power projects shall be implemented according to the mechanism for purchase and sale of electricity that separates the direction of delivery of electricity from the direction of receipt of electricity in two-way electricity meters. The electricity seller shall be liable for the amount of electrical energy received from power grids in accordance with existing regulations. The electricity buyer shall be liable for the amount of electrical energy transmitted to power grids from rooftop solar power projects at the electricity buying and selling price defined in clause 1 of this Article. Both parties shall have the burden of complying with provisions of laws on taxes and fees.
b) The electricity buying and selling prices of a rooftop solar power project in the successive year shall be determined on the basis of the official exchange rate of VND versus USD, quoted by the State Bank of Vietnam on the date of release of the last exchange rate in the previous year.”
2. Point d of clause 1 of Article 13 shall be amended and supplemented as follows:
“d) Adopt technical regulations on solar power, regulations on connection and metering of electrical energy of solar power projects, provide instructions for the connection and installation of electricity meters, and provide guidance on documentation requirements for the connection and installation of meters in rooftop solar power projects.”
3. Point h of clause 1 of Article 13 shall be amended and supplemented as follows:
“h) Provide instructions for the computation of payment of costs of electricity generated by solar power projects, depending on the fluctuation of the exchange rate of VND versus USD."
Article 2. Repeal of clause 3 of Article 13 in the Decision No. 11/2017/QD-TTg .
Article 3. Entry into force
1. This Decision shall enter into force from the signature date.
2. Rooftop solar power projects that are brought into operation, generate electricity and have electricity meter readings confirmed ahead of July 1, 2019 shall be eligible for the electricity buying and selling price mechanism which is applied to those referred to in this Decision.
3. Ministers, Heads of Ministry-level agencies, Heads of Governmental bodies, Chairpersons of People’s Committees of centrally-affiliated cities and provinces, and Heads of entities and organizations involved in the development of solar power projects in Vietnam, shall be responsible for implementing this Decision./.
PP. PRIME MINISTER
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
(Signed and sealed)
Trinh Dinh Dung
(This translation is for reference only)