Instruction on solutions to promote growth and sustainable development of Northern key economic regionSaturday, November 30,2019
AsemconnectVietnam - Building favorable, open and stable mechanisms and policies which are suitable to the characteristics of the northern key economic region in order to create favorable conditions for attracting investment, promoting rapid and sustainable development
The Northern key economic region including 07 provinces and cities: Hanoi, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Hai Duong, Hung Yen, Vinh Phuc, Bac Ninh is the center of politics, economy and culture. national defense and security; has the second largest economic scale in the country, accounting for 35.52% of the GRDP of the four key economic regions, accounting for nearly 32% of the national GDP, accounting for more than 31% of the national budget, annual exports account for 32% of the whole country; The economic structure has shifted in a positive direction. The region's industry-construction industry continues to be a pillar of the region's growth, attracting large and important foreign direct investment (FDI) projects with high technology and value. major exports in the fields of electricity, electronics, mobile phones, automobile assembly, shipbuilding and textiles; Initial establishment of supporting industries in these sectors in Bac Ninh, Hanoi, Hai Phong. Since 2017, all provinces and cities in the Region have central budget adjustments, making important contributions to the national budget revenue. Accumulated to the end of 2018, the whole region had 44 industrial parks, 02 operating economic zones and attracted over 8,444 FDI projects, with a total registered investment capital of US $ 91.061 billion, equaling 36.16% of the total projects and 26.8% of total registered investment capital compared to the whole country.
The Northern key economic region has a quite complete transportation system including roads, airways, railways, waterways, and gateway to the sea in the northern region with modern and synchronous international seaports through the diverse mobilization and efficient use of development investment capital, especially in the form of PPP, contributing to strengthening regional links, developing various types of tourism services, logistics, ... Hanoi - Hai Phong - Quang Ninh forms a development triangle and is the focal point connecting the Northern key economic region with other regions in the country and linking the development strategy of "two corridors" , an economic belt ”with your Chinese country. In addition, social issues, environmental protection, scientific and technological development, job creation, health care, education and training, and poverty reduction have been carried out by other provinces and cities in the Region. However, the economic growth of the Northern Key Economic Region is facing a number of difficulties and challenges, such as: the economic development level is still uneven among localities in the Region. Budget revenues of some localities are still unsustainable, depending on the revenues of some large-scale FDI projects; the organization of valuation using the current land valuation methods is still inadequate, affecting the calculation of financial obligations as well as the rights and interests of the people. The service sector is currently an advantage but the growth rate is not high, not sustainable. Investment attraction in hi-tech applications is still limited. Socio-economic development in many places has not yet met the requirements of environmental protection, efficient use of natural resources, especially land use. The industrial sector mainly develops in width, with contributions from science and technology, productivity of general factors is still limited. The cohesion between FDI enterprises and domestic enterprises is limited, not yet having positive pervasive nature; The majority of FDI projects often focus on sectors and industries with many preferential investment and cheap labor. Industrial development has been uneven, mostly concentrated in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Bac Ninh and just stopped at processing and assembling with low added value. Provincial competitiveness index (PCI), efficiency index and public administration (PAPI) in some localities are low, the structure of development space of the Region is still passive and unclear following the direction. The speed of construction of infrastructure is slow compared to the requirements of socio-economic development, the urban infrastructure system is overloaded in some big cities, especially Hanoi. The work of making, appraising and approving urban planning, urban design schemes and regulations on management of planning and architecture in some urban areas is still slow and inconsistent. Coordination of the Region still faces many difficulties and obstacles, from plan to mechanisms, policies and implementation. Collaborative agreements between localities are mainly formal and spontaneous through the exchange of information and experience, not yet in essence, not yet derived from the common needs and the initiative of the province is involved in solving interregional issues.
In order to create favorable conditions for the Northern key economic region to promote its potentials, advantages, breakthrough and sustainable development, the Prime Minister requested the Minister, Head of ministerial-level agencies and Heads of the Government, the Presidents of the People's Committees of the provinces and cities of the Northern key economic region (hereinafter referred to as ministries, branches and localities) focus on directing the synchronous and effective implementation of Specific targets, tasks and solutions:
1. The Northern key economic region must continue to maintain and further promote its role as the political, economic, cultural and scientific center of the whole country; is the center of convergence of national resources and resources, integration and trade with the region and the world; truly become the development nucleus of the Red River Delta and the whole country. To build the Northern key economic region into one of the two leading regions of the country in economic development, a core of pioneering implementation of strategic breakthroughs, restructuring the economy associated with model innovation, growth, industrialization and modernization. To ensure close association between economic development and environmental protection, ensuring social security, social order and safety, firmly consolidating the entire people's national defense and people's security. Striving to complete the objectives set out in the Prime Minister's Decision No. 198 / QD-TTg of January 25, 2014, approving the master plan on socio-economic development of the Northern key economic region to 2020, orientation to 2030.
2. To strongly develop fields with potential and advantages, especially in the fields of processing and manufacturing industries; hi-tech agriculture; information technology, tourism and other services; associated with the development of smart cities, bringing regional and international competitiveness. To better exploit the region's strengths in terms of infrastructure, natural conditions, important geopolitical position, especially high-quality human resources in the context of the fourth industrial revolution, overall development closely links among localities in the region into a unified whole.
3. Building favorable, open and stable mechanisms and policies which are suitable to the characteristics of the northern key economic region in order to create favorable conditions for attracting investment, promoting rapid and sustainable development, implementing the mission of leading and spreading the impact to other regions of the country.
II. Specific tasks
1. Mechanisms and policies
a) Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Draft the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Investment Law and the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Enterprise Law towards proactively attracting foreign investment, prioritizing attraction. high-tech projects, new technologies, modern and environmentally friendly governance, connecting the global supply chain, having spillover effects, closely linking the organic with the domestic economic sector; in line with the direction of restructuring the economy and the goal of sustainable development; environmental Protection; strengthening the independence and autonomy of the economy on the basis of perfecting institutions and policies, promoting the effectiveness of domestic and foreign investment cooperation, meeting practical requirements in the new situation; report to the Government for submission to the National Assembly for comments at the 8th session of the XIV National Assembly;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant ministries, branches and localities in, formulating a Government's Decree on coordination mechanisms among provinces and cities in the Capital Region to implement the provisions of the Prime Minister's law. capital, including investment priority policies for socio-economic infrastructure works of the Capital Region, to be submitted to the Government in the fourth quarter of 2019;
- Formulate the Government's Action Program to implement the Politburo's Resolution No. 45-NQ / TW of January 24, 2019 on construction and development of Hai Phong city by 2030, with a vision to 2045, submitted to the Government for promulgation in September 2019;
- Guide localities to carry out the current planning, handle difficulties and obstacles in implementing the Planning Law and promptly report to competent authorities for consideration and handling matters beyond their competence.
- Expeditiously build regional coordination institutions, create mechanisms for sustainable development in the Northern key economic region; promoting the role of regional linkages in planning mechanisms and policies for economic development, infrastructure investment, linking production and product consumption.
- Studying and proposing to competent agencies zoning plans to serve as a basis for elaborating national and regional master plans; to study and consider the expansion of the Northern key economic region to a number of localities with socio-economic development rates similar to those in the region and report to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision.
- Studying the provisions of the law on construction in accordance with the Planning Law, the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of 37 Laws related to planning and ensuring the consistency among legal documents. construction law, which focuses on researching and amending the Construction Law and regulations and standards on planning and elaborating to report to the Prime Minister in 2020;
- Research and innovate methods of urban planning, urban development management in order to improve the quality of construction planning, urban development management, ensure science, integration and meet requirements. Socio-economic development of the Northern key economic region; propose solutions to gradually implement the models of urban development, green growth, intelligence, response to climate change, and report to the Prime Minister annually;
- Research, review, amend, supplement and complete the system of mechanisms, policies and tools to effectively manage and control the process of urban development in general and the Northern key economic region in particular.
c) Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries, branches and localities in, elaborating a scheme on investigation and assessment of the situation of land pollution and proposing solutions to improving, fostering and regenerating land quality, and submitting it to the Prime Minister Government in May 2020;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance and other ministries, branches and localities in the study areas, propose the building of value areas for mass land valuation in order to meet the needs of determining financial obligations. , compensation, site clearance in line with the market, overcoming budget losses when allocating, leasing land, arranging public assets and ensuring people's rights when the State recovers land; submit to the Prime Minister in March 2020;
d) People's Committees of provinces and cities in the Northern key economic region
- Expeditiously assess the implementation of the Prime Minister's Decision No. 198 / QD-TTg of January 25, 2014, approving the master plan on socio-economic development of the Northern key economic region to the year 2020, orientation to 2030; Decision No. 941 / QD-TTg of June 25, 2015, No. 2059 / QD-TTg of November 24, 2015 and No. 2360 / QD-TTg of December 22, 2015 of the Prime Minister on the establishment of the Board direct, co-ordinate group and Regulation to coordinate key economic regions; propose solutions for the next phase, send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment in December 2019;
- Hanoi People's Committee continues to implement the Politburo's Conclusion No. 22-KL / TW dated November 7, 2017 on the preliminary review of 5-year implementation of the Politburo's Resolution No. 11-NQ / TW on directions and tasks of Hanoi capital development in the 2011-2020 period; Decree No. 63/2017 / ND-CP dated May 19, 2017 of the Government defining a number of specific financial mechanisms and policies for Hanoi Capital; carry out the duties assigned as the Chairman of the Regional Economic Council of North Vietnam specified in the Prime Minister's Decisions No. 941 / QD-TTg, No. 2059 / QD-TTg, and No. 2360 / QD-TTg Prime Minister and Document No. 1780 / VPCP-KTTH dated February 24, 2018 of the Government Office;
- To adopt specific mechanisms to encourage a number of large-scale enterprises to become leading enterprises of regional and international scale to create spillover effects and lead other enterprises in the Development Area.
- Effectively implement supportive and preferential policies to improve the capacity of domestic supporting industry enterprises to participate in the value chain of FDI enterprises in the region;
- Closely coordinate with ministries and branches to well perform coordination activities among provinces and cities in the Region; promptly propose to the Government appropriate mechanisms and policies to remove difficulties and obstacles in the process of organization and implementation;
- Implement synchronously, comprehensively and effectively poverty reduction programs and projects; create opportunities for poor households to access land, credit and vocational support policies; support and create conditions for poor households to develop production and increase incomes to sustainably escape poverty. To promptly solve arising problems, well perform cultural, social, environmental, defense and security development tasks in the locality;
- Having high political determination and drastic measures to implement synchronous and effective solutions to raise people's awareness, prevent, treat and reduce environmental pollution, especially plastic waste; exemplary, taking the lead in implementing the movement to say no to plastic waste;
- Promote and effectively take advantage of the opportunities offered in the implementation of the development strategy of "two corridors, one economic belt" with China;
- The localities adjacent to China shall actively coordinate with the ministries and branches in elaborating a mechanism to promote border-gate economic development in association with maintaining national defense and security, creating favorable conditions for enterprises. Investors and people trade with your country.
- Study and deploy the planning of the Lao Cai - Hanoi - Hai Phong railway direction to report to the Prime Minister in December 2019;
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment and localities to urgently complete investment procedures, strive to start the coastal road project from Quang Ninh to Nghe An in 2020; speeding up the implementation of key transport projects in the northern key economic region;
- Coordinate with localities to call for investors to pay attention to investment in the form of PPP, take advantage of ODA and other lawful capital sources for infrastructure development. Coordinate with relevant ministries, branches and localities in transport infrastructure investment in association with urban development;
c) Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with localities in, formulating the region's overall trade promotion program within the framework of the national program on trade promotion; promoting activities of supporting product development, information technology application and e-commerce; expand consumption and export markets of key products of localities in the northern key economic region;
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in promoting activities of linking distribution enterprises with agricultural producers and links among distribution enterprises;
- To prioritize the development of a network of logistics centers in the northern key economic region, which defines Hanoi - Hai Phong - Quang Ninh city and the linking of Noi Bai - Cat Bi - Van Don international airport axis with Lach Huyen port is the center, spreading the development to neighboring areas.
d) Ministry of Construction
- Guide localities to review urban plans, adjust and supplement them to improve the quality of planning projects, to best meet the development requirements of the Northern key economic region; focus on studying and organizing the national master plan on urban and rural areas;
- Guide localities in implementing construction planning and urban planning according to the Planning Law and the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of 37 Laws related to planning;
- Focusing on researching and proposing mechanisms and solutions to promote the development of social houses in urban areas and houses for workers in industrial parks; mechanisms and policies to encourage the development of houses for rent and houses for low-income people; inspect and review the planning, exploitation and use of urban land funds for social housing development in a number of key regions in the Region.
d) The Ministry of Science and Technology shall step up research, development, reception and transfer of technology selectively, especially the fourth industrial revolution achievements for the Northern key economic region, where high quality human resources are gathered. Support the establishment of centers for innovation, technology incubation and incubation of science and technology enterprises in universities, enterprises and industrial parks in the Region.
e) The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall closely coordinate with localities with specific programs, plans and solutions for sustainable and efficient tourism development, especially eco-cultural and cultural tourism show the peculiarity and originality of the Region; to strive for the Northern key economic region to take the lead in exploiting the potential and strengths of tourism in an effective and sustainable manner so that tourism is truly a spearhead economic branch.
- Review orientations and plans of agricultural restructuring in the Northern key economic region in association with building a new countryside. Paying attention to developing agriculture - forestry - fishery in the direction of high intensive farming, promoting the application of advanced science and technology, high technology, clean agriculture, organic agriculture, focusing on plants and animals, farming has strengths associated with the development of processing industry;
- Continue to promote activities of linking distribution enterprises with agricultural producers and links between distribution enterprises.
h) Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
- Guide and support localities in the Region to renovate, improve the quality of education and training and vocational education, develop human resources, especially high-quality human resources in the context of industry 4.0, to meet development requirements of the region and the whole country;
- Strengthening vocational training, developing skills for workers, developing labor markets, reforming salary and social insurance policies in the spirit of Resolution No. 27 / NQ-TW of May 21 5 of 2018 and Resolution No. 28 / NQ-TW of May 23, 2018 of the Central Executive Committee, finalizing labor, employment and social security policies, paying attention to improving welfare for workers, especially for migrant workers.
- Party committees and leaders of each locality need to arouse the aspiration to rise strongly of the whole region and each locality, business and people. Promoting the spirit of self-reliance, resilience and solidarity, closely coordinating, clearly identifying breakthrough factors to strive to rise up, develop rapidly, sustainably and contribute practically to the actualization development aspirations of the region and the whole country, narrowing the development gap among localities in the Region;
- Paying attention to the coordination and close cohesion among localities inside and outside the region in the process of promoting investment, mobilizing and allocating resources, building socio-economic infrastructure; training, attracting and creating jobs; scientific research and technology transfer; providing information, building socio-economic databases in service of analysis, forecasting, formulating and evaluating policies; coordinate well in protecting environment, coping with climate change ...;
- Promote selective FDI attraction; to renew foreign investment promotion activities in the direction that it is necessary to concentrate on branches and domains where the region has advantages; focus on potential partners, especially developed countries, and continue to expand the investment model for partners who have invested heavily in the region with high quality and advanced technology requirements;
- Localities need to carry out drastically, effectively and more effectively the task of restructuring the economy associated with changing the growth model in all sectors and fields in the direction of improving quality, efficiency and competing capability. Focus on developing industries with comparative advantage, applying modern technology, creating high added value; in which attaching importance to developing industries: processing and manufacturing industry; hi-tech agriculture; Information Technology; tourism and services; closely linked with developing smart cities to create motivation for development. Propagate and mobilize land users to focus agricultural land to organize concentrated agricultural production, hi-tech agriculture, improve land use quality and efficiency;
- Control and overcome environmental pollution, sources of pollution, especially in urban areas, industrial parks and river basins. Strengthen inspection, examination and resolutely strictly handle violations in the field of environmental protection, especially the areas that are pressing people; proactively better respond to climate change, prevent natural disasters;
- Promote the implementation of measures to reform administrative procedures, improve the business investment environment in the spirit of the Government's Resolution No. 02 / NQ-CP of January 1, 2019 on continuing to implement the tasks, major solutions to improve the business environment, improve national competitiveness in 2019 and orientations to 2021. Strive to maintain the position and improve the PCI and PAPI index;
- Continue to synchronously and effectively implement cultural and social development policies, ensure social security, improve people's income and life. Ensuring that all people have equal access to basic social services, facilitated comprehensive development; effectively implement policies to support vulnerable population groups; reduce the gap between rich and poor;
- Urgently develop projects to support small and medium-sized enterprises participating in linkages and value chains; proactively balancing and allocating funding for the implementation of schemes and programs to support small and medium-sized enterprises in the local socio-economic development plans; propose contents that need central budget support for implementation and submit them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for summary and reporting to the Prime Minister;
- Innovating and improving the quality of policy dialogue forms: dialogue between enterprises and provincial / city leaders or specialized dialogue mechanisms (tax, customs, banking), ...;
- Strengthen electronic data sharing among departments, branches of localities to effectively serve the administrative procedure reform and state management of organizations and individuals.
3. Resource solutions
a) Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Finance and localities in, speeding up the completion of investment procedures, allocating public investment capital, striving to start coastal road projects from Quang Ninh to Nghe An in 2020;
- Studying and selecting models, perfecting institutions and policies on PPP investment forms, adopting preferential mechanisms and policies to promote socialization for investors and enterprises when investing, constructing transport infrastructure for important projects.
b) Ministry of Finance
- Coordinate with localities in using temporarily idle state funds to conduct site clearance, build major, key and regional projects in strict compliance with the provisions of law.
c) The Ministry of Transport shall organize the study and propose the arrangement of resources to invest in and synchronize the key transport infrastructure system, with a pervasive effect and create regional links (the to be carried out on centripetal axes, rings, roads connecting airports, seaports and international transport corridors).
d) People's Committees of provinces and cities in the Northern key economic region
- Need to mobilize and use more effectively resources to develop socio-economic infrastructure, develop human resources, science and technology, protect the environment ... Public-private partnerships, especially in the transport sector. Effectively implement policies on auction of land use rights, especially in urban areas to create resources for investment in infrastructure, to create a foundation for regional linkages and socio-economic development;
- Develop a list of specific projects to attract investment from businesses with capacity, financial experience and expertise in the form of public-private partnership (PPP).
III. Organization of implementation
1. Ministries, central branches and People's Committees of provinces and cities in the Northern key economic region shall direct agencies and units to perform the tasks stated in this Directive and be responsible for before the Government and the Prime Minister on the implementation results, periodically evaluate the implementation results and send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for summarizing and reporting to the Government and the Prime Minister at the Government's regular meetings in December every year.
2. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, other central agencies and presidents of provincial / municipal People's Committees are responsible for organizing implementing this Directive.
Source: VITIC / thuvienphapluat.vn