AsemconnectVietnam - Communication on sustainable development and enhancing national competitiveness contributes to promoting and striving for good, lasting and motivating values and encouraging all classes of people to participate in implementation of goal of sustainable development, enhancing national competitiveness.
COMMUNICATION PROGRAM FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND RAISING NATIONAL COMPETITIVENESS CAPABILITY
I. Requirement of the program
1. Communication on sustainable development and enhancing national competitiveness contributes to promoting and striving for good, lasting and motivating values and encouraging all classes of people to participate in implementation of goal of sustainable development, enhancing national competitiveness.
2. Communication on sustainable development and enhancing national competitiveness should be linked to realities, periodic updates, periods of national development and construction and alignment with objectives of plan to implement 2030 agenda for sustainable development.
3. Integrate content of program with related tasks to make most of all resources, ensure thrift and efficiency in communication on sustainable development and enhance national competitiveness.
II. Objectives of the program
1. To propagate widely to raise awareness of agencies, organizations, enterprises and people about sustainable development and enhance national competitiveness; integrate content of economic development with environmental protection and socio-cultural development.
2. To promote timely guidelines, solutions, measures and results of implementation of sustainable development goals and enhance national competitiveness in each stage of national development.
III. Content of communication
1. Communication on guidelines and policies for sustainable development, enhancing national competitiveness.
- To communicate extensively sustainable development objectives of United Nations, international agendas and events on sustainable development and enhancing national competitiveness that Vietnam organizes, participates in. Disseminate indicators of competitiveness and sustainable development of prestigious organizations in the world to people.
- To communicate Party's and the State's guidelines and policies on sustainable development and national competitiveness, implementation process and achievements over the years.
- To communicate incentive policies, support for creative start-ups, emulation of national construction, advanced models and practical actions to contribute to sustainable development and raising national competitiveness capacity.
2. Communication on economic sector: communication on sustainable economic growth targets, green growth, clean energy and renewable energy development; ensuring food security, developing agriculture and rural areas sustainably; strengthening internal strength, enhancing competitiveness of the country.
3. Communication on cultural and social issues: communication on cultural development objectives in harmony with economic development; to make progress and social justice, to provide equal access to resources for development and enjoyment of basic services and social welfare.
4. Communication on environmental issues: communication on contents of rational exploitation and economical, efficient and sustainable use of national resources; living in harmony with nature, protecting environment, minimizing pollution; Raising awareness, responsibility and capacity to cope with climate change, disaster prevention.
IV. Organizing implementation
1. Ministry of Information and Communications
a / To assume prime responsibility for organizing implementation of the program, organizing work of reviewing and reporting on implementation of the program nationwide.
b/ To direct press bodies at the central level and concerned units in deploying communication on sustainable development and raising national competitiveness capability, taking advantage of form of online communication, telecommunications, Internet.
2. Ministry of Finance shall allocate annual funds for implementation of the program at the central level according to provisions of the State Budget Law.
3. Ministry of Planning and Investment, ministries and branches related to economic development, social development and environmental protection shall coordinate with Ministry of Information and Communications in editing and developing documents on sustainable development and improvement of national competitiveness; to actively provide information to press agencies and serve propagation of contents related to people of all strata throughout the country.
4. People's Committees of provinces and cities under central authority
a/ To direct local communication agencies in propagating and supplying information on sustainable development and raising competitiveness of organizations and people in the locality.
b/ To allocate funds for performance of communication tasks on sustainable development and raising competitiveness of localities.
5. Voice of Vietnam, Vietnam Television Station, Vietnam News Agency and other information and communication agencies
a/ Basing on approved communication programs to work out plans and spend broadcasting time, supply information on sustainable development and raise national competitiveness on social classes on mass media.
b/ To assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with ministries, branches and localities in organizing production and editing of sections, videos and reports on implementation process and achievements on sustainable development objectives, raising national competitiveness capacity.
Source: Vitic/ Thuvienphapluat.vn