Directive on solutions to promote growth and sustainable development in the southern key economic regionWednesday, July 31,2019
AsemconnectVietnam - The southern key economic region is a driving force economic zone, a high-quality economic, commercial, cultural, training, medical and scientific research center of the whole country and the region and a center of education. education and training of human resources, especially high quality human resources; At the same time, it is also the leading center of science and technology transfer and application; To act as a bridge to the Mekong River Delta region and the Central Highlands region, where the nucleus is Ho Chi Minh City.
The Southern key economic region is a dynamic economic region with the largest proportion of the country (in 2018, contributing 45.4% of the national GDP, total budget revenue accounts for 42.6% of the total revenue). of the whole country); The economic structure shifted towards a positive direction, focusing on service industries that have the advantage of creating high added value. The Southern key economic region is the center to attract the largest foreign investment in the country with more than 15,000 valid FDI projects, with 140 industrial parks and export processing zones operating, ... Along with the system of seaports and large international airports, the Southern key economic region has become a tourist center, developing the largest types of information technology, telecommunications and logistics services in the country. At the same time, the Southern key economic region with the center is Ho Chi Minh City, the largest commercial, financial, banking and securities center in the country; The Region has an attractive investment and business environment for domestic and foreign investors. Besides, social issues, environmental protection, science and technology development, job creation, health care, education and training and poverty reduction are always in the provinces and cities in the Region. care.
However, the economic growth of the SFEZ is tending to slow down, the average growth rate in the period of 2016-2018 is only equal to the national average. Despite being the largest Focal Area in the country, the advantages of the Region have not been fully promoted to create new motivations for inadequate growth and infrastructure; quality of urban development is low; greatly affected by climate change and sea level rise; many areas still have serious environmental pollution; not yet ensured all social security needs; human resource development has not met the demand. Development mechanisms and policies The southern key economic region is still incomplete, lacking breakthroughs; The awareness of the stakeholders' interests is incomplete, different, lacking in tight regional links. In addition, the coordination mechanism among provinces and cities in the Southern key economic region is still spontaneous, the form and the program of coordinating economic development are still local, not effective enough. Regional comparisons.
In order to create favorable conditions for the Southern key economic region to bring into full play its potentials, advantages and breakthroughs and sustainable development, the Prime Minister requests ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies and heads of Government-attached agencies. the Chairman of the People's Committees of the provinces and cities in the Southern key economic region (hereinafter called ministries, branches and localities for short) shall focus on directing the implementation of the following objectives and solutions:
I. The goal
1. Sustainable economic development goes hand in hand with ensuring fairness, socio-political stability, harmonizing the objectives of economic development, social development and ecological environment improvement with protection and forest development; industrial development associated with protection of urban environment, water sources and air. Striving to fulfill the objectives set out in Decision No. 252 / QD-TTg dated February 13, 2014 of the Prime Minister approving the master plan on socio-economic development of the Southern key economic region to 2020, orientation to 2030.
2. Innovation, strong application of high technology, making good use of the opportunity of the industrial revolution 4.0 of Free Trade Agreements and Investment Promotion Protection such as CPTPP, EVFTA, EVIPA ,. ..; Innovating thinking, promoting the spirit of self-reliance, self-reliance and identifying breakthrough factors to strive for, develop quickly and sustainably, contribute practically to the realization of development strategy of the Region and the whole country.
3. The southern key economic region is a driving force economic zone, a high-quality economic, commercial, cultural, training, medical and scientific research center of the whole country and the region and a center of education. education and training of human resources, especially high quality human resources; At the same time, it is also the leading center of science and technology transfer and application; To act as a bridge to the Mekong River Delta region and the Central Highlands region, where the nucleus is Ho Chi Minh City.
4. By 2025, striving for 7/8 provinces and cities in the Southern key economic region to regulate the central budget.
II. Tasks and solutions
1. Regarding mechanisms and policies
a) Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Proposing a plan to improve the mechanism of coordinating the key economic regions to promote the activeness and creativity of members of the Regional Council, clearly defining the responsibilities and strengthening the coordination between the Steering Committee, the Regional councils, ministries, branches and localities in the region, report to the Prime Minister in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Urgently submit to the Government and the Prime Minister for approval the task of elaborating national master plans and regional plannings so as to have a basis for elaborating national master plans and regional plannings for the 2021-2030 period. vision to 2050 in accordance with the provisions of the Planning Law before the fourth quarter of 2019.
b) Ministry of Finance
- Research and complete regulations on method of exploiting infrastructure assets; lease of the right to exploit assets, transfer the term of the right to exploit assets; infrastructure use fees, post-investment fees, and the State's regulation comply with market principles, ensuring publicity and transparency, reporting to the Prime Minister in 2020.
c) People's Committees of provinces and cities in the southern key economic region
- Expeditiously assess the situation of implementation and propose solutions for the next period, to the Ministry of Planning and Investment in July 2019 for Resolution No. 53-NQ / TW of August 29, 2005 of The Politburo of the IXth session promotes socio-economic development and ensures national defense and security in the southern key economic region by 2020 and Conclusion No. 27-KL / TW on August 2, 2012 of the Politburo. to implement Resolution No. 53-NQ / TW, Decision No. 275 / QD-TTg of February 18, 2014 of the Prime Minister promulgating the Plan of implementing Conclusion No. 27-KL / TW of the Ministry treatment; Decision No. 252 / QD-TTg of February 13, 2014 of the Prime Minister approving the master plan on socio-economic development in the southern key economic region till 2020 and orientations to 2030; Decision No. 941 / QD-TTg dated June 25, 2015, No. 2059 / QD-TTg dated November 24, 2015 and No. 2360 / QD-TTg dated December 22, 2015 of the Prime Minister on the establishment of the Board direct, coordinating team and Regulation on coordinating key economic regions.
- Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee continues to direct relevant agencies to drastically and effectively implement Politburo Resolution No. 16-NQ / TW on directions and tasks of developing Ho Chi Minh City. Minh to 2020; Resolution No. 54/2017 / QH14 of the National Assembly on piloting a number of specific mechanisms and policies for city development; perform the tasks assigned as the Chairman of the Southern Economic Area Council in the Decision No. 941 / QD-TTg, No. 2059 / QD-TTg and No. 2360 / QD-TTg.
- Deploying comprehensively, comprehensively and effectively poverty reduction programs and projects; create opportunities for poor households to access policies on land, credit and vocational training; support and create conditions for poor households to develop production, increase income to escape poverty sustainably. Effectively implement policies to attract enterprises to invest in agriculture and rural areas, policies on agricultural insurance and agricultural extension policies.
2. Regarding the links of branches and domains
a) Ministry of Transport
- Accelerating the implementation of key projects, connecting projects in the region, especially Ben Luc - Long Thanh highway, striving to start the Long Thanh international airport project in the fourth quarter of the year 2020.
- Directing technical route of Trung Luong - My Thuan expressway; My Thuan - Can Tho in 2021.
- To attach importance to investment in inland waterways linking water transport in the Mekong River delta with Ho Chi Minh City and the Southeastern provinces, boosting the development of water transport with Cambodia.
- Coordinate with localities to call for investors to pay attention to invest in the form of PPP, take advantage of ODA and other lawful capital sources to develop infrastructure. Combining transport infrastructure investment with urban development ensures publicity and transparency to increase attractiveness to investors.
b) Ministry of Industry and Trade, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Prioritize the development of regional logistics centers in the region where there are advantages of geographical location, near supply of goods such as industrial parks, port systems, near customers' consumption; in which taking Ho Chi Minh City and connecting with the international airport port of Tan Son Nhat - Long Thanh to be a center and develop to spread to the surrounding areas.
- Expeditiously organize the elaboration of electricity development master plans according to the Planning Law, which considers and creates conditions for potential localities such as Binh Phuoc, Long An and Tay Ninh. renewable energy development (wind power, solar power).
c) Ministry of Science and Technology
- Support to build centers for technology incubation, science and technology incubation in universities, enterprises, industrial parks and hi-tech parks in the provinces and cities in the Region so that is the nucleus of the application of science and technology, innovation.
- Promote the development of an entrepreneurial ecosystem of innovation in the Region, continue to improve mechanisms and policies related to the development of a startup innovation ecosystem associated with the characteristics of the Region. Develop a scheme to develop the National Start-up Center in Ho Chi Minh City, report to the Prime Minister in October 2019.
- Strengthening international cooperation on science and technology; Promote linkages between Institutes - Schools - Enterprises in the Region to promote the transfer and application of scientific and technological results from the Institute and Schools to Enterprises; Promote the development of science and technology enterprises, innovative and innovative start-up enterprises in the Region.
d) Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
- Supporting provinces and cities in the Southern key economic region to innovate and improve the quality of higher education, vocational education, human resource development, especially high-quality human resources, meeting development requirements Socio-economy of the Region.
- Studying and adjusting the training programs of colleges and intermediate schools in the direction of enhancing professional skills training; open training programs, majors in which the labor market, the southern region is and will be in demand.
- Developing the labor market, strengthening the supply - demand of human resources of provinces and cities in the Southern key economic region with the whole country, region and international. To synchronously and effectively implement employment settlement policies and programs; reforming salary policy, social insurance, perfecting labor, employment and social security policies, paying attention to improving the welfare of workers, especially for workers migrate.
- Develop planning, training plans, retrain scientific and technological personnel in the direction of ensuring quality, synchronization, sufficient in quantity and structure of professional occupations, meeting development requirements Socio-economy of the province and international integration. Review and arrange the network of vocational training institutions, ensuring efficient and quality activities, in line with the regional socio-economic development requirements. There are linking and training cooperation policies among vocational training institutions, especially public ones with enterprises of all economic sectors to take advantage of equipment and machinery of enterprises and solve employee output. To attach importance to high-quality vocational training, raise labor productivity, meet international integration requirements for the southern key economic region and the whole country.
e) Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
Expeditiously formulate and promulgate regulations to require localities to take responsibility in treating wastewater according to river basins and at the same time manage and efficiently and economically use natural resources (land, water and mineral resources ...) associated with environmental protection, climate change adaptation for sustainable development.
g) People's Committees of provinces and cities in the southern key economic region
- Complete a common database of provinces and cities in the Southern key economic region, economic sectors, social fields, progress of key projects, major projects implemented in the area, serve build and coordinate regional association activities, forecasting, environmental protection, climate change response in the third quarter of 2020.
- Promote the coordination, cohesion within and outside the region in the process of investment promotion, mobilization and allocation of resources, construction of socio-economic infrastructure; training, attracting and creating jobs; scientific research and technology transfer; build programs, inter-provincial and inter-regional tourist routes.
- Coordinate closely with ministries and agencies to well implement coordination activities that require the linkage between provinces and cities in the Region; promptly propose to the Government appropriate mechanisms and policies to overcome difficulties and obstacles during the implementation process.
3. Solution on resources
a) Ministry of Planning and Investment
- Prioritize the resources of the State to invest and develop inter-regional transport infrastructure, basically solve the congestion and inundation in Ho Chi Minh City and some big cities in the Region, favor First of all, solve the major nodes, where high population density is concentrated in central cities.
b) Ministry of Finance
- Proposing mechanisms and policies to create retained revenue and the rate of regulation in the period of 2021-2025 for provinces and cities with the central budget regulation rate of the Southern key economic region to increase investment. developing economic infrastructure and technical infrastructure, prioritizing the development of transport infrastructure and social infrastructure, reporting to the Prime Minister in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Continuing to improve the revenue estimation for key localities based on actual socio-economic data; promote the application of electronic invoices, especially in Ho Chi Minh City and cities in the provinces in the Southern key economic region, to strengthen anti-erosion of tax bases so as to have a source of income to meet the needs of economic development. - society.
c) Ministry of Transport
Focusing on state resources to invest and synchronize socio-economic infrastructure, especially key transport infrastructure, has a pervasive effect, creating regional links such as: works on the axis radial, perimeters, lines connecting sea ports and international transport corridors ...
d) People's Committees of provinces and cities in the southern key economic region
- Speeding up the progress of site clearance, relocation and resettlement, and items of key projects, regional links, especially the Long Thanh international airport project, ensuring the groundbreaking. at the end of 2020.
- Actively mobilizing a variety of resources, combining capital sources between the central and local levels, making use of ODA, private capital and other lawful capital sources to deploy key projects of a nature Breakthrough, create Regional links.
- Prioritize investment in important infrastructure development projects and projects but difficult to attract outside investors; intensify the attraction of investment in PPP, socialization ... especially in the transport sector, promote the advantages of waterway transport of the Region.
- Effectively implement the Project of restructuring the economy in association with transforming the growth model in all sectors and fields, in the direction of improving quality, efficiency and competitiveness.
- Strictly implementing the auction of land use rights, especially in urban areas to create infrastructure resources for investment, creating a foundation to promote regional links, socio-economic development and facilitation. most for people.
- Research and develop industrial parks, especially high-value processing and manufacturing industrial parks and ecological industrial parks.
- Continue to implement solutions to improve the business investment environment in the spirit of Resolution No. 02 / NQ-CP. Promote administrative reform, improve business investment environment, improve PCI, and PAPI index. Create conditions for space, resources and opportunities for the private sector to develop smoothly; ensuring the private economy equal before the law, in competition, allocating resources to other economic sectors.
- Training human resources to ensure quality and reasonable industry structure. To attach importance to training high-quality human resources, meeting the requirements of receiving modern technologies. Developing human resource training associated with the development of production and business establishments and services.
- To develop agriculture and rural areas in a sustainable manner, raise the added value, efficiency and competitiveness associated with building a new countryside towards restructuring the field and products according to local advantages and demands market; focus on developing cooperatives, linking production with consumption of agricultural products.
- Focus resources and urgently set up provincial planning in the period of 2021-2030 according to the provisions of the Planning Law, Decree No. 37/2019 / ND-CP of May 7, 2019 of the Government, and submit for approval according to regulations Current regulations of the law on planning
III. Organization of implementation
1. The ministries, central branches and People's Committees of the provinces and cities in the southern key economic region shall direct agencies and units to perform the tasks mentioned in this Directive and take responsibility before the Government. And the Prime Minister on the results of implementation, periodically evaluating the implementation results to the Ministry of Planning and Investment (before June 15 and December 15 every year) to synthesize and report to the Government, The Prime Minister at regular Government meetings in June and December every year.
Source: Vitic / thuvienphapluat.vn
Construction plan of Hon La economic zone
Strategy of using clean technology to 2020, vision to 2030
Overall plan on agricultural production development to 2020, vision to 2030
Master plan on building border gate economic zone of Cao Bang province till 2040
Strategy of intellectual property until 2030
House development plan in Tay Ninh province in 2019
General plan on building Chan May - Lang Co economic zone, Thua Thien Hue province, till 2025
Scheme on linking agricultural production, processing and consumption in Lam Dong province in the period of 2019-2023
Scheme of promoting sharing economic model
Program on promoting development of roof solar roof power in Vietnam in the period of 2019 - 2025
Pharmaceutical industry development plan to 2025
Master plan on tourism development of southeast region to 2020, vision to 2030
Adjusted master plan of Vung Tau city, Ba Ria - Vung Tau province till 2035
Directive on medium-term public investment plan for a period of 2021 - 2025