National information development strategy up to 2025 with a vision to 2030Thursday, January 3,2019
AsemconnectVietnam - To rapidly and firmly develop with a rational structure and scale of information in a professional, modern, quality and efficiency manner which are suitable with trend of scientific and technological development to meet the people's right to access information, suitable to socio-economic development of the country, being equal to capability and level of information development of countries in the region and the world.
I. Viewpoints and objectives
a) Information activities and types of information in our country are under direct and comprehensive leadership of the Party and the State management according to provisions of laws.
b) To rapidly and firmly develop with a rational structure and scale of information in a professional, modern, quality and efficiency manner which are suitable with trend of scientific and technological development to meet the people's right to access information, suitable to socio-economic development of the country, being equal to capability and level of information development of countries in the region and the world.
c) To closely combine types of information, between internal information and external information; information must be accurate, timely and proactive, make good predictions, orientations and social development, ensure positive characters of education, humanity, rationality and compatibility which are suitable with interests of the country and the people. To overcome situation of unbalanced information, ensure uniform distribution, narrow gap in information enjoyment of people between regions and sectors.
a) Printed newspapers and electronic newspapers
- Objectives to 2025
+ 100% of people in deep-lying, remote, border and island areas shall have access to printed newspapers or electronic newspapers to serve essential political and propaganda tasks.
+ To reduce unbalance rate in enjoyment of press products between urban areas, towns and rural, mountainous, deep-lying and remote areas, reaching rate of 60%/40%.
+ To arrange press agencies in accordance with the national press development and management plan to 2025; increase number of scientific journals.
+ 80% of press agencies operate under model of convergence which is suitable with development of advanced science and technology in the world.
- Vision to 2030: To maintain and further improve achieved results by 2025.
- Objectives to 2025
+ 70% of people in deep-lying, remote, border and island areas listen to and watch radio and television channels to serve national and local political and propaganda tasks; 100% of the population of the rest of the region are covered by this program.
To increase broadcasting time of radio and television programs in service of national and local political tasks and propaganda; Central channels are guaranteed 24 hours a day.
To ensure broadcasting duration of domestic production programs of radio and television channels in service of national and local essential political and information dissemination tasks to reach at least 70% of total duration of broadcast in 01 days of each program channel (in which the duration of the new self-production program is at least 30% of the duration of the programs produced in the country); exploitation of content from foreign programming channel focuses on international news, science, technology, sports and entertainment news and does not exceed 30% of the total broadcast time in one day of that channel.
+ To maintain and further improve the achieved results by 2025.
+ To develop a synchronous, modern and efficient transmission infrastructure; to unify standards and technology, ensuring quality coverage, meet convergence of technology and services.
- To develop payment television service market in all cities, towns and concentrated population quarters in form of healthy competition, ensuring right to use services at reasonable prices, good content, diversified package, suitable with living conditions of local people.
c) Electronic information
- Objectives to 2025
+ 100% of the State administrative agencies, especially ministries, ministerial-level agencies and People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities use portals and social networks to propagate, disseminate, supply information, receive and feedback opinions of the people on the State management of branches and localities.
+ 100% of websites providing public administrative services on the Internet meet technical requirements, information contents and user authentication.
- 100% of websites and social websites of Vietnamese agencies and organizations may apply standards and technical regulations on information and information safety.
- Vision to 2030
+ To maintain and improve quality of achieved results by 2025.
+ To step up development of information infrastructures, build a strong Vietnam ecosystem, focus on social networks and search engines in Vietnam, to create a basis for developing information technology applications in direction of modern to serve revolutionary industry 4.0.
- To maintain growth rate of volume of publications, stabilize traditional books. By 2025, strive to reach 580 million copies, equivalent to 6 books/ person/ year; By 2030, about 700 million copies, equivalent to 7 books/ person/ year.
- To increase percentage of electronic publications to 20-30% of volume of publications.
- To enhance use of information technology, telecommunication services, internet to renew the way of information and propaganda at the grassroot level.
- To invest in and develop radio broadcasting in communes to propagate and disseminate essential information to people.
1. Solutions on mechanisms and policies
- To review, amend, supplement and perfect mechanisms, policies and laws in order to create conditions for various types of information to develop.
- To amend and supplement strategies and plans on development of various types of information.
- To develop a road map for socializing information activities and applying advanced technology to online information activities.
- To set up a system of criteria for assessing effectiveness of information work in service of essential political tasks and information dissemination activities of various types of information through national digital data transmission system.
- To formulate and apply technical standards and regulations and apply technologies to information activities on the Internet.
- To strengthen organization, apparatus and improve capacity of the central and local information management agencies; To invest in modern technical equipment and working conditions, to ensure effective implementation of the State management in terms of both technique and content.
- To improving quality of plan; to standardize key leaders of information agencies, especially information agencies in service of the Party's and the State's essential propaganda work.
- To develop a plan for developing human resources for application of information and communication technologies to develop information network in each period. To innovate training programs on application of information technology in cyberspace and communication, raising awareness, responsibility and skills of social network users; strengthen cooperation in training and application of information network.
- To consolidate and rearrange system of non-business units in information sector according to the Party's orientations and policies as well as the State's legal policies.
- To organize press agencies, publishing houses and other types of information throughout the country in direction of raising efficiency of operation, renewing model, organizational structure and technical facilities of the agencies towards modernization.
- To develop distribution networks to ensure distribution of publications to localities with priority given to deep-lying, remote, border and island areas, contributing to overcome differences on cultural enjoyment among regions.
- To build a number of key and multi-media press agencies which act as a core and play role of orienting the public opinion. Arranging press system, overcoming the overlapping situation, spreading investment, bad management, operating away from the key purpose.
3. Financial solutions
- To develop criteria for identifying activities in service of essential political and propaganda tasks in order to clearly define financial mechanism according to the principle: political and propaganda activities of the State shall provide financial support, activities for other purposes and tasks shall comply with provisions of specialized law towards self-balancing revenues and expenditures.
- To prioritize allocation of funds for propaganda and information activities in service of political tasks and information dissemination activities of information agencies in order to ensure good and effective dissemination of information and propaganda work.
- To mobilize and efficiently use other funding sources in addition to State budget capital in service of development of various types of information.
- The State shall provide funding support for activities of consultancy on transfer and application of digital content technologies and national information activities.
- To issue financial mechanism, mobilizing resources of the whole society in building and developing various types of information.
- To encourage and create conditions for press agencies, publishing houses and other types of information to conduct joint ventures and links in accordance with law; To adopt appropriate mechanisms to step by step form domestic content-manufacturing industry which bases on the supply-demand relation.
- Press agencies implement financial autonomy in accordance with regulations. The State shall concentrate the State budget to invest in a number of major press agencies, implement order-placing mechanism, service purchase for a number of newspapers, magazines, programs and channels for identified political tasks. In immediate future, by 2020, radio and television stations shall ensure self-finance mechanism for regular activities.
- To promote implementation of online public services to meet the needs of agencies, organizations and citizens under the national program on information technology application in the State agencies.
- To standardize information system of agencies and organizations as a basis for information verification; to standardize information systems of functional agencies, ensuring information being fast, sensitive, convenient for search and use.
- To step up application of information technology and scientific and technological advances to various information forms according to general trend of the world.
- To promote scientific research on information and information management, especially electronic information.
- To organize research, application and transfer of information technology for development of information on the Internet.
- To raise capacity of consultancy and application transfer for scientific and technological research and consultancy organizations, groups and enterprises of associations and management agencies.
- To step by step modernize material foundations, techniques and publishing technologies for development of electronic publications and change mode of distribution from traditional distribution to electronic distribution.
5. Solutions on improving quality and efficiency of information
- For leadership, guidance and management of information
+ To improve steering mechanism, information management process, overcoming status of unclear assignment, unclear decentralization between information steering and management agencies, between the central and local authorities to ensure direct and comprehensive leadership of the Party while improving efficiency and effectiveness of the State management of information work.
+ To unify perceptions and perspectives in order to further improve the manner, timing and content of information for complicated and sensitive matters in order to improve efficiency of information, contributing to orientation of public opinion.
+ To raise awareness and responsibility of whole political system from the central to the grassroots, the cadres, party members and the people on meaning, role and effect of basic information, being an official information channel of the Party, the State, being a direct bridge between the Party, the State and the people, the central with localities and grassroots.
+ To raise quality of information contents, to renew mode of information in an active, timely, responsive, comprehensive and abundant manner, ensuring political and ideology orientation which are suitable with reception level of each statues and socio-economic conditions of each region and region. Information must have a focus on a certain time. To actively fight against wrong information, viewpoints, hostility and information which has negative impacts on the development of society.
+ Press agencies adapt to development of science and technology to have appropriate models to improve professionalism, efficiency of information work and resource saving.
+ To convert transmission units and parts into broadcasting service-providing units according to the enterprises' models operating under the telecommunications law when ensure necessary conditions and at the same time conforming with plan on radio and television broadcasting by the year 2020.
+ To renovate and improve quality and duration of radio and television programs in ethnic minority languages and foreign languages as well as external radio and television programs. Increase number of ethnic minority languages and foreign languages on the radio and television.
+ To apply modern digital technology in land broadcasting in Vietnam and proceeding to test in big cities and key tourist areas.
+ To ensure structure of publications being reasonable; to improve quality of books, especially socio-political books, children's books, popular knowledge books, books for people in rural, mountainous and ethnic minority areas.
+ To periodically evaluate efficiency of investment in information agencies in service of the Party's and the State's essential political and propaganda tasks.
+ To regularly evaluate observance of the principles, purposes and objects of service of press agencies, radio and television channels and other information agencies in order to take measures to adjust and handle infringement case in time.
+ To periodically assess quality of information agencies in providing information on science, culture, education, health and raising the people's intellectual standards for appropriate support policies.
6. Solutions on international cooperation
- To strengthen cooperation and information exchange with other countries in order to introduce guidelines, policies and laws of the Party and the State.
- To promote image of the country, people and culture of Vietnam with international friends. To promote international cooperation in training and fostering human resources; study and learn experience, pilot applying advanced information agency models.
- To enhance cooperation and exchange of copyright; transfer of publishing technology; promoting and disseminating publications to foreign countries.
III. Organizing implementation
1. Ministry of Information and Communications
- To review, amend, supplement and perfect mechanisms, policies and laws to create conditions for various types of information to develop.
- To coordinate with the Central Commission for Propaganda and Training and the Central Organizing Commission to build, improve and renovate coordination mechanism in the press management.
- To function as the key implementer and in collaboration with concerned ministries and agencies in perfecting policies for development and good management of publications and management of films and foreign programs on television and the Internet.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Finance and concerned ministries and agencies in mobilizing and balancing resources for implementation of the strategy.
- To function as the key implementer and in collaboration with Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Planning and Investment in completing investment in raising operation capacity of the national digital data-recording centers, meeting requirements of monitoring and in-depth evaluation and analysis.
2. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies and government-attached agencies
- To direct and implement the strategy according to its competence and incorporate the strategy's viewpoints and objectives into development plans of its ministries and branches to support implementation of the strategy.
- To organize preliminary and final review of implementation of the strategy in field and scope of management under guidance of Ministry of Information and Communication; To send reports to Ministry of Information and Communication for summing up and reporting to the Prime Minister.
- Ministry of Finance shall allocate funds for implementation of the Strategy in accordance with provisions of law.
- Ministry of Home Affairs shall coordinate with Ministry of Information and Communications to continue reorganizing and perfecting model of organization and operation of information agencies and grassroots information systems.
3. People's Committees of centrally run provinces and cities
- Basing on the strategy, organizing to develop information development plan in the locality.
4. Management agencies of press agencies and publishing houses
- To organize activities according to viewpoints, objectives and orientations of the strategy.
- To periodically report results of implementation of the strategy to Ministry of Information and Communication for sum-up and reporting to the Prime Minister.
Scheme on promoting transfering, maintaining and developing technology from oversea in priority sectors in Vietnam in period to 2025, orientation to 2030
Construction plan of Lam Dong province till 2035 and vision to 2050
Adjusted master plan on social economic development of Vinh Long province to 2020, vision to 2030
Automobile industry development plan of Vietnam
Agriculture, rural plan of Mekong river delta to 2020, vision to 2030
Industry development strategy of Vietnam to 2025, vision to 2035
Master plan for development of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone, Ca Mau province to 2030
Scheme on improving university education in a period of 2019 - 2025
Scheme on promoting communication activities on tourism
Water resource plan of Thai Binh province to 2025, vision to 2035
Scheme on controlling quality of transport services and safety of traffic transport for tourists
Plan on trade development of northern key economic region to 2025, vision to 2035
Adjusted master plan on transport development in southern key economic region through 2020 and orientations toward 2030
Cement industry development plan of Vietnam to 2020