Master plan for development of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone, Ca Mau province to 2030Tuesday, July 31,2018
AsemconnectVietnam - 1. Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone is an adjusted name of Nam Can tourism zone, Ca Mau province on a list of potential places for development of national tourism zone being promulgated together with Decision No. 201/QĐ-TTg dated January 22nd, 2013 of the Prime Minister.
a) Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone is mainly located in Ngoc Hien district and a small part of Nam Can district, Ca Mau province. Its boundary is defined as follows: in northeastern, bordering Ca Mau Cape national park in Nam Can District; in eastern, bordering district road No.73; bordering the Gulf of Thailand to west and East Sea to the south.
b) Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone covers an area of about 20,100 ha; out of which key development area covers an area of about 2,100 ha and is limited to: From the south of national highway No.1 (Ho Chi Minh road) to the East sea with an average width of 1.4 km and extending from Khai Long hamlet, commune of Dat Mui to end of Ca Mau Cape tourism culture park with a length of about 15 km.
a) Development of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone is in association with biodiversity conservation of Ca Mau Cape national park, cultural heritage, natural resources, environmental protection, natural disaster prevention and response to climate change and sea level rise.
b) Development of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone is on basis of effectively exploiting specific strengths of geographical location, unique biosphere linking mangroves, culture of river and island living to form specific tourism products to create competitiveness, extend stay time of tourists, contributing to development of local economy.
c) Investing with focused points, stepping up social mobilization, mobilizing investment resources for development of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone into a key tourism center of Ca Mau province and step by step becoming a unique eco-tourism zone in tourism system of Mekong river delta region.
d) To develop Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone in a space connecting with Ca Mau city and other key tourism spots of Ca Mau province; Forming a link with Con Dao national tourism zone (Ba Ria - Vung Tau province), Phu Quoc national tourism zone (Kien Giang province) and closely linking with other tourism sites in Mekong river delta region.
e/ To develop sustainable and professional tourism, ensure livelihood of population communities, security and defense, territorial integrity and social order and safety.
a) General objective
Strive to 2025, Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone become the biggest tourism zone of Ca Mau province; it is one of eco-tourism centers, experiencing mangrove forests, an important destination on Mekong Delta tour. By 2030, Ca Mau Cape tourism zone meets criteria and is recognized as a national tourism zone.
b) Specific objectives
- Tourists: By year of 2025, welcome 1 million visitors, including 6,000 international visitors. Strive to receive 2 million visitors by 2030, out of which, 22,000 international visitors.
- Total revenues from tourists (at current prices): By 2025, it will reach about VND 2,000 billion. Striving for the year of 2030, reaching about VND 5,000 billion.
- Development of accommodation: By the year 2025, there will be about 950 hotel rooms. Strive to 2030 with about 2,000 hotel rooms.
- Employment: By 2025, to create jobs for about 1,500 direct laborers. Strive to create jobs for about 3,000 direct laborers by 2030.
a/ To develop tourist market
In short period, focusing on attracting general tourists, mainly sightseeing, exploring. By 2025, to attract high-class tourists, orienting to resort tourism, eco-tourism, entertainment. In a period up to 2030, priority will be given to attracting high-class visitors. specifically:
- Domestic market: To continue boosting exploitation of tourist market from Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces in southeast region, Hanoi and northern provinces and provinces in the Mekong river delta. Expanding tourist market from other provinces in the Central highland region. Paying attention on tourists to visit, experience, and explore natural landscape, sea tourism, and island.
- International tourist market: Prioritize to target markets such as USA, Australia, North East Asia (Korea, China, and Japan). At the same time, expanding markets of Western Europe (England, France), South East Asia (Thailand, Laos and Cambodia) with special attention being paid to sea links and southern coastal corridors and focus on market segment of exploring, nature experiences, cultural tourism, beach resorts, yachts, entertainment tourists.
- Typical tourism products:
+ Tourism of experiencing the southernmost point of the country in conjunction with sightseeing, sunrise and sunset.
+ Experience travel: sea-going ships; explore the Gulf of Thailand with the experience running shell mudslide on mudflats of the Gulf of Thailand or luxury yachts running on the Gulf.
+ Green tourism travel on basis of green corridor route associating with mangrove ecosystem.
+ Typical ecological experience tourism on Ong Trang area.
- Major tourism products:
+ Indigenous peoples' life experience tourism: community-based tourism; visit traditional villages, landscape of house, daily living of residents of Dat Mui region.
+ Sea and island tourism exploit values of Hon Khoai island and Khai Long sea: tourism of sightseeing, ecology, picnic and entertainment; luxury beach resort and sea sports tourism.
+ Cultural and historical tourism: visit, learn historical relics; traditional revolutionary education.
+ MICE tourism is associated with typical cultural, artistic and sport events of Mekong delta river region.
+ Spiritual cultural tourism is associated with experiencing spiritual and religious life of the inhabitants of Dat Mui region.
+ Tourism is associated with purchase of specialties, souvenir at trade centers, traditional markets, craft villages, which focus on the products: sea products (crabs, crabs, shrimp, shrimp cake, souvenir from mangrove...
c) Organizing space for tourism development
- Structure of functional zones of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone includes:
+ Center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone (in hamlets of Mui, Kinh Dao Tay, Kinh Dao Dong, Rach Tau Dong, Rach Tho, Khai Long, Dat Mui commune of Ngoc Hien district with an area: about 2,100 ha): being a core development zone of national tourism zone, a nucleus center of national tourism area with tourism works, service centers, entertainment centers and mangrove ecological resorts; main functional areas include: Ca Mau Cape tourism and culture park, forest and sea ecological tourism zone, forest village ecological community tourism zone, traditional village ecological tourism zone and Khai Long tourism zone.
+ Specific ecotourism space (in Dat Mui commune and Vien An commune, Ngoc Hien district, with an area of about 3,850 ha): It is adjacent to Ca Mau Cape national park, being a buffer zone and an area of constructing community tourism centers for ecotourism development, specific ecological-cultural experience and river life.
Tourism activities in specific eco-tourism spaces must strictly comply with law on forest protection and development and forest management regulations being promulgated together with Decision No. 186/2006/QĐ-TTg dated August 14, 2006 of the Prime Minister.
+ Tourism area of Ca Mau Cape national park (belonging to Dat Mui commune and Vien An commune, Ngoc Hien district; Lam Hai commune and Dat Moi commune, Nam Can district): is a mainland part of Ca Mau Cape national tourism park (excluding areas in center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone). Development of tourism activities of sightseeing, ecotourism, scientific research and environmental education.
- Satellite destinations of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone:
+ Auxiliary tourism sites of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone include Nam Can Town (Nam Can district) and Rach Goc township (Ngoc Hien district) which provide accommodation, food, shopping, tourist information, services, trade...;
+ Ecotourism site of island group of Hon Khoai (Tan An commune, Ngoc Hien district): To develop ecotourism of sea islands, entertainment and water surface, visit historical and cultural relics;
+ Dat Moi community tourism site (Dat Moi commune, Nam Can district): To develop community tourism in association with experience and exploring local cultural life;
Historic sites: Vam Lung wharf (Ngoc Hien District); Rach Goc tree (Ngoc Hien district); Nam Bo special publishing house (Nam Can district); a relic of battle on river of Tam Giang (Nam Can district);
+ Traditional villages of processing agricultural products, traditional handicrafts of local people.
d) Tourism routes
- International tourism route:
+ Tourism route alongside national highway No.1 and trans-Asia route connecting Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone with Ca Mau city, Can Tho city, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Bangkok (Thailand);
+ River route connecting with Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho city, provinces of Tien Giang, Vinh Long, An Giang to Phnom Penh, Siem Riep (Cambodia).
- Inter-provincial tourism routes:
+ Tourism routes combining national highway No.1 with air routes: routes linking with Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi;
+ Road route: routes connecting with provinces in the Mekong river delta region; route connecting with Can Tho city, Ho Chi Minh City by national highway No.1 and Ho Chi Minh City - Trung Luong national highway;
+ Waterway routes: sea route connecting with Con Dao, Phu Quoc; river route connecting with Can Tho city, Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces in Mekong river delta region (a typical tourism route of experiencing living of Mekong river's inhabitants).
- Internal tourism routes: route linking Ca Mau Cape, Ca Mau Cape national park, Nam Can, Rach Goc, Dat Moi, Hon Khoai by national highway No.1 and waterway; route connecting Ca Mau Cape, Nam Can and Dat Moi national parks along the waterway; route of patrolling bridges combining with tourism.
e) Orientations for development of material and technical foundations for tourism
- About accommodation:
+ Community accommodation at a center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone, specific eco-tourism space (buffer zone of Ca Mau Cape national park) and Dat Moi community tourism site; sea yacht hotel;
+ Development of Bungalow, high-class villa in resort of Khai Long; building newly and upgrading hotels from 1 star to 3 stars, existing guest houses to meet criteria of national tourism park in Nam Can and Rach Goc.
- System of entertainment and sports facilities: surface entertainment areas at Khai Long, Hon Khoai; green park in Rach Goc town; water sports, adventure sports in Khai Long.
- System of food service establishments: Floating restaurant system at Khai Long integrated tourism zone; restaurant system at Ca Mau Cape tourism and cultural park, Khai Long general tourism area, Nam Can tourism area, Rach Goc port; restaurant system in combination with accommodation in residential house.
- About commercial and service establishments: To build commercial and service establishments and souvenir shops in center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone, specific ecological tourism space (buffer zone of Ca Mau Cape national park) and satellite destinations.
- To build an information center in Nam Can town, Rach Goc; installing tourism information guide system at Ca Mau Cape national park.
6. Investment orientation
b) Investment priority areas: area focus on development of tourism services in a center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone and unique ecotourism space (buffer zone of Ca Mau Cape national park).
a/ Planning and plan management solutions
- To organize to publicize and implement investment plans and projects in Ca Mau Cape national park on basis of reviewing and adjusting investment projects which have been registered for investment in Ca Mau Cape national park.
- To propose management model of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone to manage construction investment, activities of exploiting, developing and operating the tourism zone; promulgating regulation on management of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone according to the approved master plan.
- To study and make general plan for construction of national tourism zone, zoning plan, detailing plan of functional areas in the national tourism park, reviewing approved projects in the national tourism park to ensure compliance with orientation of approved plan. Construction investment and management of construction investment within Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone shall comply with law on construction and construction plan, management regulations of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone and other relevant regulations and laws.
- Land allocation, land lease, change of land use purpose and land recovery for implementation of component projects in Ca Mau Cape national tourism park should be implemented in accordance with involved land law and regulations.
- To carry out inspection and supervision every two years to promptly remove difficulties and problems in course of implementation in order to raise efficiency of the plan.
b/ Mechanism and policy solutions
- To simplify administrative procedures to attract domestic and foreign investors to invest in Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone.
- In condition that local State budgets can not meet needs of investment capital, appropriate mechanisms, incentives and conditions are required to call for investment cooperation of enterprises developing ecotourism business in mangrove forest.
- To formulate mechanisms and policies to attract socialization of investment in construction of essential technical infrastructures such as traffic and breakwater.
c) Solutions for development of tourism infrastructure
- To propose non-stop flights from Hanoi, Phu Quoc, Con Dao to Ca Mau and vice versa to attract and expand tourism market to Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone.
- To propose construction of a passenger dock at a center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone; To open a new waterway route connecting Hon Khoai island cluster with Phu Quoc, Con Dao islands; connecting center of Ca Mau Cape national tourism center with Phu Quoc to exploit high-end tourist market to national tourism zone.
- To build a map of waterway traffic tourism connecting tourism sites and areas in Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone and at the same time set up a free and high speed wireless internet network at the national park.
d) Human resource development solutions
- To transform occupational model for households in Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone into tourism business, training necessary skills for people to participate in community tourism activities.
- To diversify forms of training and raise quality of tourism human resources. Supplementing and training contingent of lecturers in tourism zones and spots.
- To review and rearrange network of vocational education institutions in Ca Mau province, strengthening links with a number of universities and colleges with key branches and occupations in Mekong river delta area to create high-quality human resources in a field of tourism.
- To prioritize local communities to participate in eco-tourism business activities, step by step raise living standards of local people.
e/ Solutions for propagation and advertisement
- To develop a trademark identity tool for Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone, including slogan, tourism symbol basing on specific values of southernmost position of the country; mangrove forest - Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone; sea and island; culture of river life ... to promote Ca Mau Cape tourism.
- To organize cultural activities and events of Ca Mau province, Mekong river delta region in Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone to advertise and attract tourists.
- To enhance effectiveness of development cooperation programs among Mekong River delta provinces in field of tourism, attaching importance to development of tourism products, human resource training, investment, propagation and promotion.
- To expand tourism development cooperation on southern coastal corridor with Thailand and Cambodia to promote promotion activities, develop tourism products, support tourism events, jointly organized a tour of self-driving by car, motor ...
g) Solutions for development of tourism products
- To diversify tourist products and select and create highly competitive tourism products on basis of exploiting prominent tourism potential of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone: southernmost position of the country, values of mangrove forest, values of sea, islands, culture of river life.
- To developing signboards and explanatory notes in Vietnamese and languages of other key tourism markets in major tourism destinations and areas so that visitors can easily visit and learn information.
- To diversify additional services on tours: performing arts, souvenir shops, food, shopping, sports activities, entertainment...
- To study and apply science and technology in field of environmental protection, response to climate change, rational exploitation and use of natural resources, ensuring sustainable development of tourism. To enhance application of low-consumption technologies, clean water, and increase re-use of wastes in tourism service establishments.
- To improve capacity of managers, business people and local communities through short-term training courses on information technology.
- To build automatic statistical management and reporting software to manage tourism business. Use social networking sites to provide information, promote tourism.
Program on development of supporting industry in a period of 2016 - 2025
Export - import strategy of Viet Nam to 2020, vision to 2030
Detail plan on development of inland container depot system to 2020, orientations to 2030
Communication program for sustainable development and raising national competitiveness capacity
Vietnam mechanical engineering industry development strategy to 2020
Environment protection strategy of Vietnam to 2020, vision to 2030
Master plan on socio-economic development of Mong Cai border gate economic zone, Quang Ninh province to 2020, vision to 2030
Industry development strategy of Vietnam to 2025, vision to 2035
Agriculture, rural plan of Mekong river delta to 2020, vision to 2030
Adjusted orientation on development of industrial parks and urban water supply to 2025 with a vision to 2050
Science and technology program for new countryside construction in a period of 2016-2020
Development plan of external information systems in international border gate area to serve foreign information task to 2020, direction to 2030
Plan on development of nationwide logistics center system through 2020 with an orientation toward 2030
Plan on development of inland waterway transport fleet in a period of 2015 - 2020 and orientation to 2030