National target program on saving, efficient use of energy to 2020Monday, April 16,2018
AsemconnectVietnam - The national target program on saving, efficient use of energy to 2020, including activities to encourage, promote, community advocacy, science - technology and strictly management measures to implement synchronously the activities on energy saving and efficiency in the whole society
1. Overall objectives
- The national target program for using energy saving and efficiency, including activities to encourage, promote, community advocacy, science - technology and strictly management measures to implement synchronously the activities on energy saving and efficiency in the whole society.
- Approve activities of program, achieving target of total specific energy savings, reduce a part of investment in developing the energy supply system, bring socio -economic benefits; at the same time contributing to environmental protection, rational exploitation of energy resources and implement sustainable socio-economic development.
2. Specific objectives
Striving to save 3% to 5% of the total national energy consumption in the period of 2010 - 2015 and from 5% to 8% of the total energy consumption in the period of 2015 - 2020 comparing to current forecasts of energy development and socio-economic development under normally development plans , on the basis of the specific contents of the following:
- To establish and put into operation effectively model of management and using energy saving and efficiency, including operation of state management, management in enterprises, in buildings and in social life:
- Period 2010 - 2015: completing the development and promulgation of legal framework in sync with the law and documents under laws relating to using energy saving and efficiency. Prepare content for submitting the National Assembly for consideration and promulgation of the law on the use of energy saving and efficiency in the period of 2010 - 2015.
- Building management model using energy saving and efficiency for application in practical activities for 40% of number of enterprises which use key energy -select-ed nationwide for the period of 2010 – 2015; 100% of number of enterprises using key energy for the period of 2015 - 2020 and expanded to apply to small and medium-sized enterprises.
- To implement obligatory management under construction standards of Vietnam " Building using energy saving and efficiency" for 100% of all new buildings built since 2010.
- Period 2010 - 2015: completing the construction of mechanisms, policies and promulgate energy tariff in line with trends for energy policies of countries in the region and the world to ensure the target of using energy saving and efficiency.
- To disseminate widely the equipment with high performance, step by step replace the equipment with low efficiency, proceed to remove the equipment of obsolete technology and to reduce energy intensity in production; saving energy in all activities of social life.
- To exploit the maximum capacity of facilities, equipment; reducing fuel consumption in transportation, implement pilot models using alternative fuels in some provinces and cities, reducing emissions of transport, environmental protection.
II. The schemes of the program:
Content group 1: increase State management on using energy saving and efficiently, organizing management system of energy saving including 01 scheme:
- Promulgate documents guiding current laws and decrees related to operations of using energy saving and efficiency.
- Develop mechanisms and policies and energy tariff in line with the trend of the energy price policy in the region and countries around the world to ensure the objectives of energy security, encourage rational use of all kinds of energy and domestic energy, reduce import energy dependence; complete and put into application in the period of 2010 to 2015.
- Developing, promulgating Vietnam construction standard on " Works using energy saving and efficiency."
- Construct, issues 10 standard sets on energy efficiency for 10 categories of equipment which were -select-ed as the basis for labeling of recognizing energy-saving products for those products.
- Compile and submit to the National Assembly to pass the Law on using energy saving and efficiency in the period from 2010 to 2015.
- Organize a network of management and using energy saving and efficiency to the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government (including the organization and consolidate the activities of the eight energy saving centers established in 3 regions), to implement effectively targeted program to local localities in the country.
1.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Trade and Industry preside; the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Finance, Government Office, Association of Scientific Vietnam shall coordinate for implementation.
Content Group 2: enhance education, information dissemination, community mobilization, awareness raising, promoting using energy saving and efficiency, environmental protection, including 03 of the scheme:
2. Scheme 2nd : advocacy to raise awareness about using energy saving and efficiency in people.
- Construct TV, radio programs on content of using energy saving and efficiency, broadcasted by national television and radio voice of Vietnam an average of 2 months.
- Provide energy content in television and radio programs at local stations at least 3 months. Construct website of electronic information on energy saving and 06 points of displaying equipment and technology of energy saving in 06 -select-ed provinces and cities.
- Open 6 training courses, training on energy savings for managers, technical staff and technology, propagandists ....
- Organize two creative contests of solutions, ideas of technology, energy saving devices in 2011 and 2013.
- Issuing leaflets, brochures, stickers, advertisements, pamphlets about the typical successful model of using saving and energy efficiency in localities, enterprises, construction works...
2.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Trade and Industry presides; the Ministry of Telecommunication and Information, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Science and Technology, -UNION- of Science and Technology of Vietnam, the Vietnam Women's -UNION-, Communist Youth -UNION- of Ho Chi Minh, People's Committees of provinces and cities under central authority to coordinate implementation.
3. Scheme 3th : putting educational content of using energy saving and efficiency in the national education system.
- Develop content, curriculum, teaching methods incorporating knowledge of the use of energy saving and efficiency on the subject, appropriate to each level of education from primary to secondary school.
- Develop programs and compile curriculum modules " Occupation labor " on content of using energy saving and efficiency for high schools and professional training schools.
- Develop programs and compiling textbooks of integration of knowledge about using energy efficiency and savings for the industry group of high school and professional training schools.
- Develop programs, compiling textbooks for learning of using energy saving and efficiency at the courses for universities and colleges nationwide.
3.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Education and Training presides; the Ministry of Trade and Industry and other related ministries and agencies, the People's Committees of provinces and cities under central authority coordinate and implementation.
4. Scheme 4th: implement pilot a campaign to build a model "Using energy saving in every household."
- To choose 06 urban and rural areas of the country; each point choosing 100 households which are voluntarily to join the scheme.
- To train for staffs participating in projects in localities which are -select-ed on the energy saving measures, on how to implement the project.
- To assess current energy use in the -select-ion points and suggesting measures of saving energy , organize to implement the project.
- To provide energy saving equipment to replace equipment of consuming much energy in necessary cases to support prices; the effective use of new forms of energy (biogas, biomass ...) and build the habit of saving energy using in households participating in the scheme.
- To review and evaluate the results of the schemes and propose schemes of the promotion and expansion.
4.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Trade and Industry presides; the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, People's Committees at all levels in -select-ed localities to develop projects, the Electricity Corporation of Vietnam, the Vietnam Women's -UNION-, Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth -UNION- coordinate to implement.
Content group 3: Development and dissemination of high-performance equipment, energy saving, step by step phasing out the low performance equipment including 02 of the scheme:
5. Schemes 5th : developing standards and labeling certified products of saveing energy for some seclected energy-using products.
- Field survey on energy use of the device having energy consumption in the society, determine the extent of popular and the participation proportion of energy consumption structure of each type of equipment; make a list of equipment of much energy consumption; separate groups under performance levels in consistent with the level of social development in each period.
- Build and issue 05 standard set of minimum energy efficiency for targeted products under -select-ed list (fluorescent lamps; ballasts for fluorescent lamps, electric fans, electric motors, air conditioners degrees; refrigerator) in the period of 2010 - 2020 and 5 standards sets for 05 categories of equipment which are -select-ed in the period 2011 to 2020.
- Develop programs and network of testing energy efficiency, website of the operation of labeling for energy-saving products.
5.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Science and Technology shall presides; the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Ministry of Education and Training, Association of Science and Technology of Vietnam shall coordinate implementation
- To organize conferences, forums, dialogues with local manufacturers of energy saving devices, specify requirements applicable to product design and technology to produce products with higher performance, meet market requirements, track changes to -update- provisions in the national standards for energy efficiency.
- To organize training courses, improve project economic analysis capacity for a number of enterprises ( -select-ed large, small and medium enterprises ), calculate costs and benefits in the design of developing new products, receive the transfer of technology from its partners in the country and abroad, installation costs, improve production line and the target time to achieve the energy efficiency standards.
- To apply measures to encourage linkages between enterprises, support and promote domestic producers to transfer technology towards improving energy efficiency.
- To support the enterprises to develop action plans, applying the production of products which use energy to meet standards for energy efficiency.
6.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Industry and Trade shall preside , Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Education and Training, Association of Science and Technology of Vietnam shall coordinate implementation.
Content Group 4: using energy saving and efficiency in enterprises of industrial production
7. Schemes 7th : Building model of managing and using energy saving and efficiency in enterprises.
- To compile documents on energy management, dissemination of experiences from successful models at home and abroad about the use of energy saving and efficiency.
- To organize training courses on energy management for leaders of the Departments of Trade and Industry, businesses ... support industrial production enterprises to set up a system of managing and using energy saving and efficiency in enterprises
- To survey and evaluate capacity for energy consulting organizations; construct, strengthen capacity for a number of -select-ed energy service organizations in three regions of the country as a focal point to perform consultancy, energy audit, implementing transfer of energy saving technology.
7.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Industry and Trade presides; People’s Committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government coordinate to implement.
8. Scheme 8th : support enterprises of conducting industrial production upgrading, improving and rationalizing line and technology to use energy economically and efficiently.
- To eevelop mechanisms, plans and methods to support industrial production enterprises implementing the upgrading, improving and rationalizing techniques - energy technology.
- To support for enterprises to implement energy audit, survey, detect case having the advantage of the potential and the opportunity to promote using energy saving and efficiency, build and implement project of investments to upgrade, improve and rationalize energy use technology.
- To develop and implement a number of technical-technology projects using fuel, heat and electricity in particular, appropriate for each practice target, focuse on equipping technological lines to take advantage of the extra heat from smoke emissions of industrial boilers, industrial cogeneration of heat and electricity, saving energy efficiency in the use of electric motors, air conditioning and ventilation, processing of agricultural, fishery ...
8.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Industry and Trade shall presides, other ministries, branches and -UNION- Science and Technology of Vietnam shall coordinate for implementation.
Content Group 5: Using energy savings and efficiency in buildings, including of 02 scheme:
9. Scheme 9th : raising capacity and developing activities of using energy saving and efficiency in design, construction and management of buildings.
- To organize training courses and disseminate information about Vietnam's construction standards, " Buildings using energy saving and efficiency", to raise awareness of partners involving in construction activities on Vietnam's territory on energy saving in construction.
- To organize training on solutions of using energy saving and efficiency in buildings, including content related to the method of consultation, monitoring, evaluation and authorization for staffs of construction departments of the localities.
- To print and disseminate pamphlets on using energy saving and efficiency as communication documents and dissemination to units and workers in the construction industry.
9.2. Implementing agency
The Construction Ministry shall presides, other ministries, branches and People's Committees of provinces and cities under central authority to coordinate for implementation.
10. Scheme 10th : build models and put into operation orderly activities of management of using energy saving and efficiently in buildings
- Build 05 models of specimen energy management and put into operation orderly model of management of energy for 05 buildings which were -select-ed.
- Strengthening the capacity for a number of energy service organizations in three -select-ed regions of the country to act as the implementation of consultancy, energy audit, implementing transfer of technology of saving energy in the construction field.
- To renovate a number of pilot buildings, support a number of new buildings to apply energy-saving solutions.
- Develop and implement the campaign "Green building " energy saving in offices and businesses in the country.
- Annually, organize to reviews and awards, grant a national certification for green building projects to meet the evaluation requirements and criteria. Coordinate activities of awarding for energy-saving buildings in ASEAN.
- Organize competitions of designs model and ideas for constructing models of building energy saving, eco-architecture village. -select- design to apply appropriate and have support measures to the implementation of the pilot.
10.2. Implementing agency:
The Construction Ministry shall presides, other ministries, branches and People's Committees of provinces and cities under central authority to coordinate implementation.
Content Group 6: using energy saving and efficiently in transportation operation including 01 scheme
11. Scheme 11th : exploiting the optimal capacity of transportation means, equipments, reducing fuel consumption, limit emissions into the environment.
- Develop programs and plans of specific energy saving through the optimum exploitation of road networks, waterways, rail, air, sea and rationalization of transport means; development type of high-capacity transport, large-scale of passenger transportation, bulk cargo.
- Application solutions of using energy-saving and efficient for means of transport through the management of technical and scientific, application of new technologies, build and adjust reasonable norms of economic and technical in process of production, maintenance, maintenance of vehicles.
- Test the use of biofuels as alternative fuels for some means of transportation.
11.2. Implementing agency:
Ministry of Transport presides, other ministries, branches and People's Committees of provinces and cities under central coordinate for implementation.
III. Implementation time:
The national target program on using energy saving and efficiency are implemented in a period of 2010-2020 and divied into two stages:
- Phase I (2010 - 2015): a phase of implementing actively the entire contents of the program.
- Phase II (2015 - 2020): a phase of in-depth and width implementation of program contents, on the basis of the review and evaluation of experiences gained from the results of phase I.
Article 2. The main measures to implement national target program on using energy saving and efficiency.
I. Financial Solutions:
1. Funds from the state budget: allocating to construct perfectly mechanism of managing and using energy saving and efficiency, strengthen capacity, investigation, survey, energy audit, implementation of schemes and partial support in the implementation of projects under ways of preferential loans, a mechanism similar to development projects of science and technology.
2. Funding of organizations and individuals inside and outside the country.
3. Capital resources of enterprises participating in the project:
- Investment in projects on energy saving of the proposed enterpries in the process of participating in the scheme of the program.
- Repayment of loans for the projects on the list of programs.
- Contribute to a part in organizing the implementation of projects of the program in the enterprise.
II. Investment solutions for science and technology and training:
- To invest -select-ively in strengthening the capacity of organizations of design consultancy, testing, energy audit.
- Investment in training, raising capacity for managers, especially for localities and enterprises using key energy to use energy efficiency and savings.
- Investment in communication, information, advocacy, education and raising awareness of the community on energy efficiency.
- Steering Committee cooperates with the ministries to propose to carry out some projects on development of production technology of new products which save energy, develop policies on using energy efficiency and savings through operational funding of science and technology each year of the ministries.
III. Solution of international cooperation:
- Strengthen international cooperation in the field of training and strengthen capacity for staff working in the field of using energy saving and efficiency and consultancy organizations, through other forms of investment directly, seminars, send officers to train overseas, send survey team to go abroad, consultancy to construct conformance testing laboratories.
- Cooperate to develop policies, institutions and standards related to the field of using energy saving and efficiency.
- Coordinate with network of testing of the ASEAN region and the world to test the energy saving products.
- To coordinate a network of ASEAN energy cooperation to consider ASEAN awarding for energy saving building, eco-village.
Article 3. Organize to implement the national target program on using energy saving and efficiency.
I. Program Steering Committee
1. Establish the State Steering Committee of national target program on using energy efficiency and savings, the Minister of Industry and Trade as the Head of Steering Committee, representatives of the Ministry of Construction, Transport, Finance , Education and Training, Culture - Information, Science and Technology, Planning and Investment, Finance, Justice, -UNION- of Scientific and Technical of Vietnam are a member of the Steering Committee.
2. Office of Programme Steering Committee based at the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
II. Assigning responsibility
1. Ministry of Industry and Trade: a standing body of the Program Steering Committee will coordinate with other related ministries and institutions to implement the target program, coordinate all activities of program and implement assigned projects.
2. The ministries, branches and mass organizations to participate in making program of outlining implementation of each scheme in detail to submit the Steering Committee for approving the program, integrating into annual implementation plan.
3. Ministry of Finance:
- To coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade to establish mechanisms and policies appropriate energy tariff aimed at using energy saving and efficiency.
- To balance of finance for the content of the program, included in the annual plan.
- To monitor, inspect and participate in evaluating the results of the projects under the program.
4. Ministry of Planning and Investment
- To call for investment financing from the international project on energy saving and efficiency.
5. People's Committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government:
- To develop policies to manage and use energy efficiency and savings in the locality.
- To coordinate the implementation of projects under the program in the localities.
III. Operating, monitoring and evaluation
1. Steering Committee of the National Target Program on using energy saving and efficiency is responsible for coordinating and inspecting all activities of the program to achieve the objectives of each project and overall responsibility for implementation performance.
2. The agencies in charge of each scheme are responsible for coordinating and checking the operation of the project and be responsible for the results of the project which are assigned to preside over.
Adjusted overall plan on building Nhon Hoi economic zone, Binh Dinh province to 2040
Communication program for sustainable development and raising national competitiveness capacity
Scheme on development of scientific and technology information resources for scientific research and technology development to year of 2025, orientations to 2030
Vietnam mechanical engineering industry development strategy to 2020
Sustainable urban development scheme of Vietnam for 2018 – 2025 period and orientations to 2030
Agriculture, rural plan of Mekong river delta to 2020, vision to 2030
Master plan for development of Ca Mau Cape national tourism zone, Ca Mau province to 2030
Industry development strategy of Vietnam to 2025, vision to 2035
Environment protection strategy of Vietnam to 2020, vision to 2030
Science and technology program for new countryside construction in a period of 2016-2020
Overall plan on socio-economic development of Vietnam's territorial waters and coastal area on Thailand Gulf to 2020
Program on development of supporting industry in a period of 2016 - 2025
Export - import strategy of Viet Nam to 2020, vision to 2030
Detail plan on development of inland container depot system to 2020, orientations to 2030