Long An provinceMonday, April 22,2019
AsemconnectVietnam - Master plan on socio-economic development of Long An province to 2020, vision to 2030 must be in consistent with socio-economic development strategy of the country, master plan on socio-economic development of Mekong river delta region
I. Development viewpoints
1. Master plan on socio-economic development of Long An province to 2020, vision to 2030 must be in consistent with socio-economic development strategy of the country, master plan on socio-economic development of Mekong river delta region; ensuring uniformity, consistency with plans of sectors, fields.
2. To maximize potential and advantages of the province; exploiting and using effectively all of resources to develop socio-economic rapidly, sustainably and protect eco-environment; promoting transfer of economic structure, improving quality of growth and competitiveness of the economy.
3. Socio-economic development associating with implementation of social progress and justice and protection of natural resources and environment to gradually improve people's living quality, decreasing poverty rate; developing health, culture, education and training. Focusing on training high quality human resources to meet market demand, associating development of human resources with development and application of science and technology.
4. To combine closely socio-economic development with ensuring political security, social order and safety; maintaining firmly national security and defense with important position of Long An province, being in border areas of Mekong delta region and in international economic integration in Southeast Asia.
II. Development objectives
1. Overall objectives
- To construct Long An province to become a province of harmony and sustainable development between urban areas and rural areas; having high technology, synchronous and modern infrastructure systems; high quality human resources; spiritual and material living of the people are constantly improved; maintaining strong and solid defense - security, guaranteeing social order and safety. Striving to 2020, Long An province basically becomes an industrial province.
2. Specific objectives
- Economic growth rate in a period of 2012 - 2030 reach 12.5%/year, out of which, in period of 2012-2020, the rate hits 13%/year.
- By 2015: GDP per capita is VND 50 million/ person/year (about USD 2,400); proportion of agriculture, industry and services to GDP are 28%, 41%, 31%, respectively; the State budget revenues of the province accounts for 10% of GDP; amount of investment capital raising from the State budget revenues makes up 28.5%.
- By 2020, GDP per capita is VND 80 million/person/year (about USD 3,800); proportion of agriculture, industry and services to GDP are 15%, 45%, 40%, respectively; State budget revenues of the province accounts for 10.8% of GDP; amount of investment capital raising from the State budget revenues makes up 29.6%.
- Vision to 2030: GDP per capita reaches VND 172 million/person/year (about USD 8,000); proportion of agriculture, industry and services to GDP are 7%, 48%, 45%, respectively; State budget revenues of the province accounts for 10.8% of GDP; amount of investment capital raising from the State budget revenues makes up 29.6%.
- By 2015:
Growth rate of natural population is below 1.2%; rate of malnourished children under age of 5 years old is less than 16%; 100% of communal health stations hits standard and 90% of number of communes meets national healthcare standards; universalizing preschool for children of under 5 years old; 40% - 50% of communes, wards and townships meet standard of high school education universalization; 50% of schools meet national standards; rate of poverty household under national standard is less than 3%; rate of trained workers is 60%. Striving to have 20% of number of communes (36 communes) to reach new countryside communal criteria; 50% of communes, wards and townships have cultural and sport centers; 30% of communes, wards and townships hits cultural standards; ensuring that 99% of urban households and 95% of rural households use hygienic clean water and 99.25% of households have access to electricity.
- By 2020:
Birth rate is below 1.46%; average life expectancy reaches 76 years old; rate of malnourished children under 5 years old are less than 12%; number of sick beds/10,000 people is 20 beds; number of doctor/commune is at least 1 doctor and having 8 doctors/10,000 population;
Rate of poverty household under national standard is 1%; rate of trained workers is 65%; urban unemployment rate is 3%; labor structure in three sectors I, II and III area 28.1%, 37.8%, 34%, respectively; number of trained workers is 628,600 people and creating jobs for 180,000 people;
Rate of pupils going to school: primary school is 100%, junior high school is 95% and high school is 70%. Rate of schools meeting national standard is 70%; number of people having college, university degrees or higher/1.000 people is 170 people; striving to have 50% of number of commune (about 83 communes) reaching new countryside communal criteria; 90% of districts have cultural house; ensuring that 100% of districts, cities having cultural and sport centers, 75% of communes, wards and townships have cultural and sport centers; ensuring that 100% households use hygienic clean water and 99.7% of households have access to electricity.
Birth rate is 1.5%; average life expectancy is about 78 years old; rate of malnourished children under age of 5 year old is about 10%; number of sick beds/10,000 people is 30 beds; number of doctors/commune is at least 3 doctors and 10 doctors/10,000 population.
Rate of trained workers is 70%; urban unemployment rate is 2%; number of trained workers is 762,720 people and creating jobs for 190,000 people;
To strive that 100% of pre-schools meets national standards; number of people have college, university degrees or higher/1.000 people is 200 people; 95% of district have cultural houses.
- To ensure that rate of green tree coverage is 21% by 2015 and maintaining the rate until year of 2020, 2030; increasing rate of forest coverage to 15% by 2015 and 17%, 19% by 2020 and 2030, respectively; flood-affected areas (flooded over 1m) in 2015, 2020, 2030 are 25%, 23%, 20%, respectively.
- To strive to 2015, 80% of living waste, industrial waste and 100% health waste are collected and processed; relocating 100% of environmental pollution-caused production units out of urban and residential areas; 100% of enterprises implements well commitment of environmental protection.
- To ensure community awareness and build capacity of related parties on environmental issues; protecting and exploiting sustainably natural resources; reduce environmental pollution and degradation.
- To ensure defense and security, maintaining political stability, curbing a rise of crimes and social evils, gradually reducing crimes and social evils.
III. Development orientations of sectors and fields
1. Development of agriculture, forestry and fisheries:
To develop ccomprehensively towards high quality commodity production, ensuring ecological environment and sustainable development. Striving to hits average growth rate of 5.7%/year in a period of 2011 - 2020 and 4.8%/year in a period to 2030; proportion of agriculture, forestry and fisheries are 82% - 4% - 14%, respectively by 2020 and 78% - 6% - 16% by 2030.
- Agriculture: focusing on rice production to ensure national food security; developing towards intensive-cultivation and specialized-cultivation, applying new suitable technology, using high quality variety in order to increase value of production/cultivation land area and meet demand of market; at the same time, focusing on post harvest processing, improving quality of export rice. Improving production systems of advantage products of the province such as sugarcane, fruit and vegetables to meet standards of domestic consumption and export; step by step controlling effectively disease and ensuring stable agricultural growth; complying with technological processes from production and processing to consumption.
To develop livestock (pigs, cattle, poultry) toward concentration with appropriate scale to meet demand of domestic consumption; applying advanced breeding technology, producing high-quality products, ensuring food hygiene and safety; strictly controlling disease and environmental pollution caused by livestock operations.
- Forestry: maintaining and conservating existing forest resources to ensure sustainable development of forests; preserving environment for wild animals, rare genetic resources associating with development of ecotourism, especially special used forest. Out of which, Dong Thap Muoi region plays an important role in contributing to reducing impacts of climate change and sea level rise. Protecting and having rational policy in order to maintain protective forest, combining forest development with national security in border districts. Exploiting reasonably forest resources to encourage investment in production and sustainable development of forests.
- Fisheries: developing commodity aquaculture breeding in Dong Thap Muoi region toward controlling and protecting ecological environment. Researching to build suitable farming models (clubs, cooperatives, economic units, farms, etc.) to ensure interests of the parties and promote production of goods; investing in development of infrastructure for information technology applications in aquaculture production.
2. Development of industry
- To develop sustainably industry to have capable of affecting agricultural and service sectors and becoming a driving force of socio economic development of the province. Striving to hit growth rate of 14.2%/year in 2015, and reaching 14.4%/year in 2020 and 13.6%/ear in 2030. Focusing on development of industry towards diversification of products, industry with clean and green, high-tech content.
- To ensure to supply suitable infrastructure service for development of international fields and international business activities; building high quality industrial park to call for foreign investors; establishing policies for developing effectively industries with specific implementation mechanisms, promoting abundant resources; ensuring supply of trained and high quality workforce with reasonable costs; developing new industries to help to create a key sector for industrial development of the province at level of industrial development in Vietnam.
- To encourage industries in accordance with provincial policy, supplementing to existing industries in southern key economic region such as high-tech, knowledge technology, research and development, environment, industry basing on new material technology, electronics and software manufacturing, production of liquefied petroleum gas (GTL), production of solar cells, power generation systems from hydrogen gas... developing industry of producing farming tools basing related sectors of agricultural production in the province.
- To focus on developing rapidly, efficiently and investing in infrastructure, attracting investment into existing industrial parks, industrial clusters, associating with construction of waste treatment facilities and ensuring green and clean environment.
3. Development of trade, services and tourism
To strive to achieve growth rate of 17%/year in a period to 2020 and reaches 15.3%/year in a period to 2030.
- Trade and services: developing high quality, diversified services to meet demand of the people; improving infrastructure of services toward modern facilities which are convenient to user; balancing quality of service between urban areas and rural areas.
To develop competitive urban centers with suitable service associating with development of space. Setting up service center to exploit advantage of being gateway of Mekong river delta region and southern key economic region. Enhancing services for industrial development, urban services such as warehousing services, information technology, utilities, market research, financial services...
- Tourism: developing comprehensive tourism system includes: supplying information, infrastructure and transport services, high-quality hotels, abundance, diversity and characterized food; entertainment zone, high quality serving human resources. Diversifying tourism products, implementing linkage of tourism development with localities in the region, especially Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces in Cambodia. Model of tourism development: ecotourism, traditional village tourism with cultural values...
4. Social sectors
4.1. Education and training:
- To continue to invest in material facilities of schools and classes from kindergarten to university, strengthening network of schools, classrooms, especially in rural, border and remote areas and auxiliary projects serving education and training and considering those as one of priority objectives of the province.
- To raise capacity of teachers, improving teaching and learning methods to meet diverse demand of skills and quality as well as to create a legal foundation and to mobilize internal resources for development of education.
- To improve standard of pupils at all levels, focusing on developing a comprehensive education on intellectual, physical and moral; creating for junior high school pupils common basic knowledge and initial skills on vocational training; continuing to maintain and promote gained achievements in secondary education universalization.
- To develop training structure in accordance with requirements of economy, training must associates with creating jobs after training; diversifying types of training towards improving quality; focusing on vocational training for rural workers, strengthening network of vocational training schools; strengthening cooperation, linkages of training with other localities in the country and foreign country.
- To develop synchronously health network from provincial level to grassroots level; gradually improving professional quality and medical ethics for medical staff; modernizing material facilities, equipment of treatment and epidemic diseases prevention; continuing to upgrade preventive health centers in districts; promoting socialization to attract investment capital to build treatment facilities, associating treatment with relaxation;
- To focus on shaping a healthy society, enhancing quality of preventive health system, building a healthcare system for the people; enhancing effectiveness of health communication and education, sanitation, food hygiene and safety;
- To strive to achieve objectives of implementing health insurance for the whole population and policies of population and family planning, improve population quality.
4.3. Culture, sport
- To build advanced healthy culture, creating more high quality and characteristic cultural products of the province; focusing on building systems of synchronous cultural institutions at all levels, restoring cultural and historical monuments and preserving traditional cultural values;
- To pay attention on development of physical movement and sports; focusing on training and retraining high performance athletes; promoting socialization, increasing resources to invest in infrastructure, improving physical education in schools.
4.4. Reducing poverty, create jobs and ensuring social welfare
- To continue to invest in rural infrastructure, gradually improving essential infrastructure such as schools, clinics, roads, communal center, electricity, water, irrigation for poor communes and difficult areas. Developing rural economy, especially farm economy and household economy, restoring and developing traditional villages, developing small and medium sized, labor intensive businesses in rural areas; building policies of job creation and development of agriculture and fisheries.
- To implement comprehensively and effectively programs of hunger eradication and poverty reduction, identifying role of government bodies in implementing program; building solutions, models for sustainable poverty reduction, creating favorable conditions for the poor to develop production; having policies to encourage households to escape poverty, encouraging enterprises to train skills and create job for the poor. Providing support services and necessary training for people who have to or want to switch from agriculture to other sectors in process of economic structure.
4.5. Science and technology
- To strengthen management of standards and quality of goods and building advanced systems of quality management; expanding cooperation in science and technology; conducting standardization of key agricultural production in the province (rice, dragon fruit, peanuts, shrimp...)
- To promote application of new achievements of science and technologies such as biotechnology, post-harvest technology, creating breakthrough of variety of animal and trees with high productive, value; gradually mechanizing stages of agricultural production process. Supporting enterprises to renovate technology and apply new technology in traditional villages;
5. Development of infrastructure:
- To develop transport infrastructure towards modernization, strengthening connection of large urban centers, growth centers of the province and other areas of the province; ensuring safety and effective transport of cargo and passenger and environmental protection, preventing problems such as traffic congestion, traffic accidents, air pollution; establishing organizational mechanisms and appropriate institutions to build and manage effectively network of transport services.
- To develop transport network (roads and waterways) effectively, competitively and linking to regional transportation network in order to create favorable conditions for Long An province to become a real gateway to connect Mekong river delta region with southern key economic region; upgrading and renovating rural roads to create favorable conditions for means to run safely and smoothly; developing appropriate public transport services to meet demand of the people.
- To upgrade and improve irrigation systems in districts of Duc Hoa, Can Duoc and Can Giuoc to create favorable conditions for agricultural production; constructing irrigation systems to receive additional water from Phuoc Hoa reservoir; researching to set up plan of exploiting underground water resources; planning to explore water of Hong Ngu channel to provide irrigation water for a basin between Vam Co Dong river and Vam Co Tay river.
- To research to dredge, upgrade and renovate several channels in Nguyen Van Tiep canal basin with multi-purposes of water supply and drainage, exploration of water of Tien river; continuing to improve system of sewer and dike along banks of Vam Co river to regulate suitably water storage and discharge; at the same time, research feasible measures to deal with climate change and prevent saltwater intrusion.
- To develop system of channel level 2 and level 3 to serve task of irrigation, drainage and improve acidic soil; building dykes and culverts under dike to protect township, centers of commune and residential areas during flood areas;
5.3. Power supply
- To improve and build grid toward synchronous, increasing capacity of key stations to stabilize power supply; researching, building projects using other energy sources such as wind power, solar lighting energy, ... in appropriate area;
- To develop power distribution system to industrial parks, industrial clusters, tourism zone, residential areas and areas of concentrated production; gradually building underground urban grid system; focusing on developing rural electricity network.
5.4. Water supply, drainage and sanitation
- To invest in upgrading and building synchronously systems of clean water supply for urban areas to ensure demand of clean water for the people’s living, production of the people; for rural residential areas, ensuring use of clean water; basing on ability of mobilizing resources in each stage, building plan to invest in upgrading and expanding water treatment plants, synchronous electricity transmission and distribution network; implementing effectively programs of clean water and sanitation in rural areas.
- To develop synchronously system of storm water drainage, collection and treatment of wastewater, especially in urban areas, industrial clusters; collecting and treating medical waste in hospitals, clinics; researching to build concentrated dumping grounds in urban areas.
5.5. Information and communication
- To improve quality and diversify types of services, combining with supplying new service. Applying information technology in building systems of equipment of online meeting from city to district.
- To modernize and expand network in parallel with application of modern technology in field of post and telecommunications; ensuring information security to meet requirements of socio-economic development.
6. Protection of natural resources and environment
- To limit increasing levels of environmental pollution in industrial, agricultural production, services and urban development; accelerating application of clean technologies in all economic sectors; overcoming depression and improving environmental quality; protecting biodiversity and ecological environment.
- To manage, protect closely, effectively natural resources, especially land, forest and mineral resources. Strictly controlling use and handling of kinds of chemicals and wastes causing environment pollution in production and trading units and households.
7. Defense and security
- To strengthen national defense and security; promoting synthetic strength of the whole political system to build people’s national defense posture combining with people's security posture.
IV. Orientation of organizing development space
1. Urban – rural development
1.1. Urban area
- To develop urban areas of Ben Luc - Tan An to support effectively transport and developing urban areas along road.
- To develop urban area of Duc Hoa to become a center of northeast province; Can Giuoc area are expected to provide services to ports (Hiep Phuoc and Long An) as well as inland areas; building Moc Hoa urban area which will be growth centers of Dong Thap Muoi region, developing border economic in order to ensure supply of effective base for trade and cross-border activities.
- To strengthen and upgrade urban area such as Can Duoc, Tan Tru, Thu Thua, Hau Nghia, Dong Thanh, Thanh Hoa, Tan Thanh, Tan Hung and Vinh Hung.
1.2. Rural area
To develop rural urban centers towards combination centers: urban cluster of Thanh Hoa - Thanh Tan; urban cluster of Dong Thanh - Hau Nghia; urban cluster of Moc Hoa - Binh Hiep, ensuring development of high quality urban services to improve quality of people’s living in rural area.
To develop ecological corridors of Vam Co Dong and Vam Co Tay, ensuring water supply resource for living, production and serving transport activities in the province and also creating opportunity to develop different ecological activities, meeting demand of urban, rural residents and tourists.
2. Developing economic regions
- Region 1 (region of food security, tourism and border economic): including districts of Vinh Hung, Tan Hung, Moc Hoa, Tan Thanh, Thanh Hoa, Chau Thanh and a part of Thu Thua, being a region having comparative advantage in agricultural production and attracting tourists.
To have orientation on developing agriculture, forestry, fishery and ensure industrial development for agriculture and rural development; developing services, industry in border gate economic zones; developing ecotourism; developing Moc Hoa urban area to ensure trade and service exchange with Dong Thap Muoi region and Tan An city.
In short term, region 2 is oriented to develop agriculture, put aside adequate land for industrial development, ecology urban area, entrepot of the province. Building township of Thu Thua to become a center of region to connect economic sub-regions of the province, between border gates and sea ports. Focusing on strictly controlling development of region 2 and only allowing developing defined areas along roads and in other designated areas.
- Region 3 (region of industrial and urban development) includes Vam Co Dong river and districts of Duc Hoa, Ben Luc, Can Giuoc, Can Duoc, apart of Tan Tru district, Tan An city and apart of Thu Thua district.
Focusing on synthesis urban and industrial development, forming corridors of urban development in Ben Luc - Tan An industrial and specific industrial urban areas in Duc Hoa, Can Giuoc, Can Duoc.
V. Major solutions
1. Solutions on raising investment capital:
- Amount of investment capital in a period of 2011 - 2020 is about VND 400 trillion, out of which, in a period of 2011 – 2015, about VND 120 trillion and in a period of 2016 - 2020 about VND 280 trillion. Basing on ability of balancing annual State budget, the province should proactively build plan, allocate suitably investment to ensure capital investment for importance projects in the province; at same time, there should be specific measures to effectively mobilize domestic and international resources for development investment such as:
- To develop and promulgate a list of programs and projects calling for investment to 2020. On that basis, to promote introduction, investment promotion to attract investment from economic sectors, focusing on exploitation of ODA.
- To improve investment environment, production and business environment, continuing to reform investment procedure towards simplification, transparent and public; creating favorable conditions on infrastructure to be ready to receive investment projects; issuing mechanisms and policies of supporting investment on basis of economic development advantages of the province and in accordance with provisions of law.
- To promote socialization to attract investment especially in areas of education, training, health, culture, sports, radio, television, science and technology, environmental protection...
- To expand investment form of BOT, BT, BTO, PPP, ... to create favorable conditions for development of capital markets; developing forms of joint ventures.
2. Solution on investment policies
- To implement open policies to attract investment from all economic sectors inside and outside the province basing on sustainable development.
- To develop investment environment to attract FDI through mechanisms of exemption and reduction of tax, land rent, preparation of infrastructure of industrial parks;
3. Solution on training and development of human resources:
- To strengthen vocational training activities in accordance with demands of labor market. Implementing successfully programs of supporting management staff training and re-training at all levels and sectors; encouraging development of forms of direct training in enterprises, training on demand of investors and job introduction centers.
- To develop and implement specific preferential policies to attract high qualified labor force to work in province; boosting linkage and cooperation between educational institutions with employers. Combining harmony between training of improving quality of human resources with creating jobs for laborers after training.
4. Solutions on administrative reform, raising capacity of the State management apparatus:
- To modernize public administration, gradually building e-government; strengthening and consolidating organizational structure and operation of apparatus of local government at all levels to improve capacity of management and administration of the State bodies.
- To implement policies of supporting business development; actively removing difficulties to improve efficiency of production and business activities of enterprise; paying attention on supporting small and medium-sized enterprises, new established enterprises.
To enhance dissemination and education of legal and legal assistance to the people, ensuring strictness of laws; reviewing and simplifying administrative procedures, improving efficiency of implementing one-stop shopping. Paying attention on training and improving capacity and implement standardization of public servants in the province.
5. Solution on science and technology
- To continue to reform the State management mechanism, system on science and technology in line with process of administrative reform; training, retraining and having plan to bring new blood into team of cadre working in science, technology, implementing preferential policies for scientists, policies of encouraging socialization in scientific research and development of science and technology markets.
- To invest in material facilities to serve management of science and technology; enhancing control of operation of technology transfer and assessment, quality and environmental pollution.
6. Investment, trade promotion, development cooperation and linkage
- To develop comprehensively foreign economic relations, actively participating in international economic integration in order to attract maximum of external resources; strengthening cooperation and linkage with Ho Chi Minh City and other localities in southern key economic region, Mekong river delta region, domestic and foreign localities, including provinces of Kingdom of Cambodia. Developing goods and service markets; improving quality, competitiveness and building trademarks of products having advantage.
- To strengthen investment promotion, domestic and foreign trade, tourism promotion, giving priority to attract fields that require advanced qualifications and technologies; diversifying export markets; encouraging joint ventures among units of material production, processing and marketing of products; developing diversified, synchronously kinds of markets.
7. Solution on protection of environmental resources
- To strengthen advocacy and education to raise awareness for the people and organizations, enterprises: environmental protection is responsibility of the whole society; regularly inspecting, monitoring and strictly handling violations of law on environmental protection.
- On basis of this plan, establishing specific measures for management, environmental protection, sustainable development for each region of the province; at the same time, developing and implementing environmental management programs to monitor, warn environmental impact from social, economic activities and having measures to handle promptly.
VI. Organizing and supervising implementation of the plan
1. Making public and disseminating the plan
- To publicize and popularize master plan on socio-economic development of Long An province to 2020 and vision to 2030 vision to Party committees and all level of governments, branches, organizations, enterprises and the people in the province after being approved by the Prime Minister. Basing on contents of the plan and building specific action programs to implement the plan to achieve results.
- To promote investment promotion activities, organizing to introduce and promote potential and advantages of the province to investors; introducing investment prioritized programs and projects, out of which, focusing on calling for investment in main projects to produce key products.
2. Developing action plans
- The province should concretizes content of the plan by the 5-year plans, annual plans to implement the plan and evaluate achieved results. On that basis, reviewing the plan and submit to competent authorities for timely adjustment and supplement to ensure consistent with mission of socio-economic development of the province in each period.
- All levels, branches, socio-political organizations and the people in the province are responsible for inspecting and supervising implementation of the plan.
3. To assign People's Committee of Long An province basing on approved plan to direct formulation, approval and implementation of following contents:
- Master plan of socio-economic development of the district; construction plans; land using plans; development plan of sectors, fields in the province in accordance with task of socio-economic development associating with ensuring national defense and security.
- To establish long-term, medium term and short term plans associating with specific projects to have plans to arrange suitable investment capital.
- To build, promulgate or submit to competent authorities for issuing (if beyond their competence), a number of mechanisms and policies to match requirements of socio-economic development of the province.
4. Ministers and agencies within their functions, tasks and powers, are responsible for:
- To guide and assist People's Committee of Long An province in process of implementation of the plan.
- To coordinate with Long An province during reviewing, adjusting, adding plans of sectors and fields to ensure uniformity, consistency of the plan; considering and supporting the province in mobilization of domestic and foreign investment capital resources to implement the plan.